Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

News: Milan's Pirlo ready to cancel Istanbul pain

Read 1024 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      News: Milan's Pirlo ready to cancel Istanbul pain
      May 21, 2007 01:31:49 pm
      From the site

Milan’s Pirlo determined to cancel out Istanbul pain

Revenge has been the word of the moment when referring to AC Milan ever since the semi-finals were completed.

Andrea Pirlo, who missed a penalty in Istanbul for Milan, is hell-bent on their ‘revenge mission’.

“That final remained in our minds a long time. But in a few days time we will have the opportunity to cancel out those memories. We are a great team and they will have to be on their guard not only because of me, but because of the quality of the rest of my team-mates. Likewise, we will have to be careful with Liverpool because they have great players too.”

Speaking about the in-form Kaka, Andrea said:

“Kaka has been very important for us this season. He has shown yet again what a great player he is.”

Pirlo, who tasted World Cup victory with Italy last year continued:

“We are prepared both mentally and physically for this. This will be my third final and I don’t feel any nerves.”

Let’s hope Pirlo gets the same kind of ‘revenge’ that Mourinho’s Chelsea got at Anfield a couple of weeks ago!

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/05/21/milans-pirlo-determined-to-cancel-out-istanbul-pain/
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: News: Milan's Pirlo ready to cancel Istanbul pain
      Reply #1: May 21, 2007 06:43:45 pm
      They talk too much me thinks  ;) ;D ;D
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Re: News: Milan's Pirlo ready to cancel Istanbul pain
      Reply #2: May 21, 2007 07:27:00 pm
      Agreed, they can chat away till kick-off but it's what happens when the boys cross that white line that counts.  I think they might actually be a bit nervy.  They won't like thought of getting beat off us again.

Quick Reply