Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Gerrard rejects exit talk

Read 3533 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 539 posts | 10 
      Gerrard rejects exit talk
      Jan 20, 2010 10:41:28 am
      SOMETHING POSITIVE FROM OUR CAPTAIN

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has rubbished rumours of a row with Rafa Benitez and has dismissed talk that he could leave Anfield.

Rumours have swept around Merseyside of a reported bust-up between Gerrard and Benitez during half-time of Liverpool's FA Cup defeat to Reading last week.

Benitez laughed off the reports on Tuesday and now Gerrard has moved to put the record straight by claiming there was no disagreement and that he has no plans to walk out on the Reds.

"I've heard about a dozen versions of the same rumour and they're all as daft as each other," said Gerrard.

"I'd love to know who comes up with this kind of stuff because they must have an unbelievable imagination.

"Nothing happened, that's an absolute fact. But if anyone thinks this nonsense unsettles either me or the club then they're mistaken, if anything it's brought everyone even closer together because we've all had a good laugh about it.

"In the time since he's been here I've never had a problem with the manager or his staff, and certainly not at half-time in the Reading game when I was actually receiving treatment for the injury I'd picked up during the first half.

"The important thing for me now is trying to get myself fit as soon as possible so I can get back to working with the manager and the team to try and improve our situation."

Gerrard, who will miss Wednesday's clash with Tottenham through injury, insists he remains committed to the Liverpool cause and that he is not looking to leave.

"All the stories about me leaving are unfounded. The fans can be assured that I am doing all I can to get back to top form and help Liverpool finish the season on a high.
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2010 11:45:01 am by JD, Reason: Title and bold text removed »
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Re: Gerrard rejects exit talk - At Last someone speaks out! - source: SkySports
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2010 11:01:48 am
      Good lad. About time someone said something. Hopefully when he's back his form will improve
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2010 11:07:38 am
      Welcome back Stevie, we missed you!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2010 11:13:33 am
      Hope this puts an end to any speculation of a rift and wanting to leave, and he comes back firing on all cylinders.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2010 11:22:04 am
      Exactly what we needed to hear, and exactly what the captain of our great club should do in times such as these. 

That's more like it Stevie lad. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2010 11:23:51 am
      Probably got rejected by Madrid, is why ::) :f_tongueincheek:

Finally, though! Well played.
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Re: Gerrard rejects exit talk
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2010 11:53:13 am
      it the whole team that needs to start playing
      not just one player
      so lets hope we can do the job tonight
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2010 01:46:49 pm
      Well in Stevie lad. One of the few things you've done right this season!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2010 02:04:45 pm
      And there was me hoping we were going to get 60 million for him for Silva and Villa to appease Nando  :f_tongueincheek:

Looks like good old Tom & George are going to have to shorten their pockets and lengthen their arms  >:D

Well In any way Gerrard finally you come out and give us fans some reassurances.   ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2010 02:23:14 pm
      Come on, was there ever any doubt? This is his family, he'd never be loved at any other club, as he is loved here. Blood is thicker than money, he'd be lost without Liverpool and vice versa.    IGWT  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2010 02:42:03 pm
      Hope this puts an end to any speculation of a rift and wanting to leave....
      With our press? Not a chance.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2010 02:48:10 pm
      Gerrard tells The Mirror 'Bust Op Rumours Are Rubbish'

Gerrard: 'Bust Op Rumours Are Rubbish'

Published 23:00 19/01/10

Steven Gerrard has dismissed as "fantasy" the wild rumours that Fernando Torres was having breast enhancement surgery at the weekend to give him a bigger bust than Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

And the Anfield captain instead maintains that while he remains totally committed to a professional relationship with Torres, he has never once said "He makes me a bit gay does our Nando. I'd shag him if he had tits."

Both manager and skipper are dismayed by the persistent speculation - that was first aired on a national radio show - which claims the players had a lover's tiff in the dressing room at half-time during the defeat by Reading in the FA Cup last week.

The rumours claimed that Gerrard wanted Torres to get a smashing pair of 38F norks, and had a showdown with Benitez and coach Mauricio Pellegrino who insisted that anything above a 36C would add to Torres' back problems. Gerrard allegedly vowed that Rafa had got it wrong. "Fat Frank has played with massive melons for years, and he's never needed an orthopaedic mattress when we've been away with England" Gerrard supposedly said.

But last night, the England midfielder set the record straight. "I'd love to know who comes up with this kind of stuff because they must have an unbelievable imagination. Nothing has  happened yet, that's an absolute fact." Said Gerrard in an obvious dig at the Fact loving Spaniard.

"If anyone thinks massive jugs will unsettle either me or Nando then they're mistaken. If anything they'll bring us even closer together when we're celebrating a goal. We've all had a good laugh about how it's going to feel to have El Nino's massive Nipples rubbing on our backs." Gerrard possibly said while rubbing his inside thigh.

"The important thing now is waiting for the bandages to be removed. I'll have to be gentle with Fernando for at least 6 weeks but after that he'll be good to go. I'll whip him round to Marksys to get him fitted for some sports bras as soon as possible." Is what Gerrard could have said. He might also have wanted to take advantage of the free bra fitting service in Next.

"All the stories about me leaving are unfounded." Gerrard stated. He might have finished off that sentence with "The fans can be assured that I am doing all I can to get a new enhanced rack on Torres, and when he gets his top off, I'll show my top form off." Or then again he might not.

Next week - "Cavalieri In Cock Out Chaos"

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-captain-Steven-Gerrard-says-rumours-of-a-bust-up-with-Rafa-Benitez-are-rubbish-article293603.html
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2010 07:09:57 pm
      The Daily Mail carries the story yet again of Gerrards reported dissatisfaction at Anfield under the headline "Liverpools continuing problems under Benitez" inferring of course that the injuries, lack of investment, sell to buy policy are all of his making and they once again quote Gerrard as saying that he was thinking about moving on but they are compelled to add this was in the tenure of Gerrard Houllier and they neglect to inform that it is of no relevance today.
      Mischievous in the extreme.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2010 07:20:18 pm
      He's going then? ;)
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2010 07:21:07 pm
      Nice one Stevie, took your time though
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2010 07:54:45 pm
      Nice one Stevie, took your time though
      Took his time is right mate I was starting to feel he actually wanted to go,but he's came out and put it right,good on ya Stevie.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2010 10:10:40 pm
      Well said, maybe the media will get the message now.....

Doubt it though.
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2010 11:00:11 pm
      i think that after tonight both stevie and nando will once again be excited about the players they have around them, because i mean, it was the 'other' guys that did it tonight, if any of them had failed who knows what could have happened

i think this is a turning point guys, i really do,
      JamesYancey
      • Banned

• 67 posts | -1 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2010 01:42:34 am
      He wouldn't leave us

He loves us!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #20: Jan 21, 2010 01:44:36 am
      Aquilani is boss.

Gerrard you're off.

;)

Only joking.
      JamesYancey
      • Banned

• 67 posts | -1 
      Reply #21: Jan 21, 2010 01:52:24 am
      Aquilani is boss.

Gerrard you're off.

;)
      Only joking.

He did step up to his role well tonight, i thought he would of been subbed at the first knick which led to the goal tonight though!
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2010 10:25:44 pm
      good job he's not going to real madrid

i've heard fu**ed up stories of how they initiate players

Quick Reply