Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Kyrgiakos
      (16.7%)
      Kuyt
      (31.3%)
      Aquilani
      (26.8%)
      Carragher
      (12.6%)
      Mascherano
      (3.5%)
      Leiva
      (2.5%)
      Riera
      (4.5%)
      Somebody else
      (2%)

Liverpool 2-0 Spurs: Post Match Pleasure

Read 34949 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Spurs: Post Match Pleasure
      Reply #207: Jan 21, 2010 12:06:05 am
      I thought today was different in comparison to attitudes on different days where we have lost this season at Anfield. Kuyt was working hard as usual but put in extra shifts. Someone who surprised me was Degen, I thought he played very well, keeping Bale very quite which was important when Tottenham were coming at us. A few nervous moments, but we finally kept everything together and got the reward.
      A happy day for Reds everywhere  :D!
      And another thing.

Spurs team cost £50M more than Liverpool's. Spurs have spent £80M more in the last 2 years than Rafa.  And we have 5 first teamers out.
      That makes me even more happy, even though the Yanks have screwed us over.

Edit: Forgot to add in: Darby had a good contribution, that was also satisfying
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #208: Jan 21, 2010 12:09:17 am
      if you could mix Degens effort with Riera's skill, then we may well have a winger.  ;D

Maxi Rodriguez could be that winger hopefully. Gave a nice little first touch pass to N'Gog just before he got fouled for the penalty.
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #209: Jan 21, 2010 12:19:17 am
      WHAT ARE YOUR 3 KEYS TO VICTORY?

Here are mine

1) No mistakes. Everyone did their jobs. There were no blatant passing errors, no goalkeeping errors, no needless fouls. That always give you a chance

2) Sure goalkeeping. There were a few times when we really needed Pepe and he showed why he's one of the top 3 keepers in the world.

3) Aquilani and Degan. I was wondering where the spark was going to come from with a lot of our star players out. These boys had a massive game for us tonight, and if they had not performed as well, there's a good chance we might not be walking away with a win. Aquilani, and Degan did well in attack, made almost no mistakes, and performed well under pressure. I think we would have had a shot to win without them playing well, but the two of them adding to things made winning a definite

EDIT: ^^^ could be the forth thing. I'm changing my third thing.

3)I think my third thing would be our swarming defense. I mean, most of the time a Tottenham defender only could go 5 yards before two Liverpool players closed him down. I think the pressure unsettled Spurs and they weren't sure how to deal with it. It was a great way to keep them out of their rhythm
      What are your 3 keys to victory?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #210: Jan 21, 2010 12:22:54 am

Here are mine

1) No mistakes. Everyone did their jobs. There were no blatant passing errors, no goalkeeping errors, no needless fouls. That always give you a chance

2) Sure goalkeeping. There were a few times when we really needed Pepe and he showed why he's one of the top 3 keepers in the world.

3) Aquilani and Degan. I was wondering where the spark was going to come from with a lot of our star players out. These boys had a massive game for us tonight, and if they had not performed as well, there's a good chance we might not be walking away with a win. Aquilani, and Degan did well in attack, made almost no mistakes, and performed well under pressure. I think we would have had a shot to win without them playing well, but the two of them adding to things made winning a definite

I couldn't really tell you my 3 keys, but I think you summed it up well. I agree with you on Degen, however everyone on this forum seems to have a different view on how he played. I think we did make some careless errors, they just didn't seem to be punished, like the card Lucas picked up just outside our box.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #211: Jan 21, 2010 12:24:09 am

Here are mine

Carraghers double tackle in about the 4th minute on Palacios and Kranjcar. Set the stall out for the night that.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #212: Jan 21, 2010 12:26:31 am
       :gt-happyup:Well done Cara.You reared up,they served it up,we've moved up. :gt-happyup:
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #213: Jan 21, 2010 12:32:58 am
      GET IN ! the back pages will be a bit different tomorrow, im sure there is a few pissed off jornalists on fleet street who already had there usual anti rafa headlines on the editors desk, Mr Benitez is going no where

In Rafa We Trust
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #214: Jan 21, 2010 12:34:49 am
      Dont be too sure about the press mate. They wont have a good thing to say about us
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #215: Jan 21, 2010 12:38:17 am
      The team played as though they wanted to win tonight instead of looking half arsed, even the ones that didn't play as well as others, i.e. Degen, they were still tracking all the way back and then getting forward and battling for every ball.

Seems as though they have had a rollicking or something because their overall attitude tonight was a vast improvement on just about every game since we beat the Mancs.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #216: Jan 21, 2010 12:39:24 am
      1- The support from everyone on the ground.
      2- Tactics, having Degens running down on that Right flank plus Riera swift control and width really stretch Spurs and prevent them playing their normal game.
      3- The determination. We could see everyone really wanted to win the match and we did at the end.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #217: Jan 21, 2010 12:49:40 am
      Dont be too sure about the press mate. They wont have a good thing to say about us

Agreed, but they wont be as bad as last week, sundays back pages where virtually a combined witch hunt, anyways a bit off topic, great result and more importantly an overall good team performance, sometimes a team has to hit rock bottom ( Reading ) to find the strength to pick themselves up and become stronger YNWA
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #218: Jan 21, 2010 12:51:32 am
      Only 1 word to describe that match....AWE-INSPIRING (okay maybe 2 words). I'm giving everybody MotM.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #219: Jan 21, 2010 01:00:31 am
      I told yous Aquliani will play in the hole ;)
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #220: Jan 21, 2010 01:03:01 am
      Oh and where are all those people who were slagging off kyriagkos and degen saying they weren't good enough to play for LFC? Sotis had a cracking game against reading and an excellent one today, and degen ran his bloody socks off. Didn't play that well but he plays a lot better from RB. Don't judge people after only one or two performances.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #221: Jan 21, 2010 01:03:08 am
      Hmmm the is Rafa the right man thread is quiet tonight  :-\
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #222: Jan 21, 2010 01:05:05 am
      Noticed that myself.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #223: Jan 21, 2010 01:05:33 am
      Sotis had a cracking game against reading and an excellent one today.

I agree Sotis had a fairly strong game tonight, but don't get too carried away he was involved in two controversial incidents tonight that could have seen the game tied at 2-2, the kind of errors that have been costing us all season, but we got the rub of the green with the decisions tonight.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #224: Jan 21, 2010 01:08:08 am
      I just watched 30 mins and they were great. My heart kept beating fast till the very end, Thanks Lads!
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #225: Jan 21, 2010 01:11:57 am

i'll always have some doubts about everything, it takes a lot for me to be 100%, but I always hope I'm proven wrong, because at the end of the day, it's about competing and winning games. Let me be wrong for the rest of my life if it benefits Liverpool
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #226: Jan 21, 2010 01:15:23 am

True . . . they will say we were lucky and find something or things to be negative about !
      JamesYancey
      • Banned

• 67 posts | -1 
      Reply #227: Jan 21, 2010 01:16:20 am
      Great win here lads

2-0

Aqulani showed some class and stepped up to the gerrard role well tonight

GJDM
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #228: Jan 21, 2010 01:22:05 am
      Am well chuffed for the team, Rafa and the cluib. We rode our luck at times and for long periods, it looked like that our were tactics were ' whoever can get their boot on it' ! But it was all about the result wasn't it, nothing else.

Without our big guns, we have given ourselves a chance and we will all be smiling a little easier in the morning.

I love our football club and we should all be proud of the players who raised their game tonight.

well done the lads.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #229: Jan 21, 2010 01:28:19 am
      I'll always have some doubts about everything, it takes a lot for me to be 100%, but I always hope I'm proven wrong, because at the end of the day, it's about competing and winning games. Let me be wrong for the rest of my life if it benefits Liverpool
      :gt-happyup:

Quick Reply