Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Fernando Torres urges Liverpool to sign David Villa

Read 8458 times
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Re: Fernando Torres urges Liverpool to sign David Villa
      Reply #92: Jan 24, 2010 01:55:30 pm
      Anybody know the rules around donating money to the club? With the shoddy transfer budgets the yanks are offering Rafa at the moment, Iis it a possibility to start a group looking to donate money to the club with the proviso that all the money is put towards transfers? it's just about the only way we would be getting anywhere near seeing players of that caliber at the club. I mean how big is the liverpool fan base world wide? I know it's pie in the sky but 400,000 liverpool fans stumping up £100 a year is about £40,000,000 I'd be much happy putting my hand in my pocket once a year for that than spending on a new kit and a couple of games a year just to let the yanks get there hands on it! If anybody knows any of the rules around this or anyone who could help message me. If it's possible we should really give it a shot start off with a facebook group and see where it goes from there?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #93: Jan 24, 2010 02:24:15 pm
      Tom and George have got their billion between them.
      They could start with Villa and perhaps Silva.

Excuse me a minute....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry.
      Dont know what came over me.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #94: Jan 24, 2010 03:49:50 pm
      Mabey he's starting to get fustrated with the lack of spending. Let's hope that doesn't lead to him losing patients with the yanks and moving on. God forbid.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #95: Jan 25, 2010 10:11:31 pm
      Not that our owners will ever buy Villa even if he said "I want to play at Liverpool and nowhere else in the world" but a man can dream cant he?

Villa is quoted to have said this:
      “In the summer I had my own reasons for staying in Spain. Basically, my wife had to give birth first.”

“But this time it will be different and I’ll analyse it again.”
      “I like the Premier League a lot. There are a lot of very important teams in England, who play very good football.”

“It’s the league I follow the most, along with La Liga – and I’ve got a lot of friends playing there.”
      Originally from Madrid based Daily AS but quoted on numerous sites (http://news.google.co.uk/news?&q=david%20villa%20liverpool)

Im not sure how many friends he has at City, United, Chelsea etc but he has some here at Liverpool, Nando and Reina. And we cant forget how influential Reina was in the whole Torres transfer.

I was just wondering what other people think, its been on so many websites today that I dont want to ignore it but then I also have to wonder where the hell are we going to find £25 million from.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Jan 25, 2010 10:20:44 pm
      I've got enough stains in my Cream (they used to be white) Y-Fronts, without having to think bout a Nando & Villa strike force. ;D
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #97: Jan 25, 2010 10:44:51 pm
      God its painful to think that in all probability he wants to come here but we can't bring him because of those two wankers! They say theres more to a team than one man but I actually believe that he could turn our season right around. Anyways with under 6 days left in the transfer window n no money its never gonna happen...ill still get out the rosary beads though! ;D
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #98: Jan 26, 2010 12:50:36 am
      would love to see it
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #99: Jan 26, 2010 03:34:21 pm
      To everyone here still debating and speculating about why Torres has decided to come out and say this, like I said earlier this came from a book written at least 1 year ago.

So really it was just a slow news day.

Lock the topic?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #100: Jan 26, 2010 03:55:15 pm

I agree but at the same time if you exclude all the terrible signings benitez has signed we would have more than enough money to bring in villa.... dossena, kean, babel, the list goes on....

Dossena - best left back/wing back in Serie A  the season before we signed him and was one of the best crossers we had at the club.  Shame he didn't work out.

Keane - wasn't Rafa's signing, was a semi-panic buy by Coco Parry.  The fall out of this got Parry out of the club and off the field, financially, we've been benefiting from Parry's replacement, Christian Purslow.  As far as I'm concerned, the benefits outweigh the cons on this one.

Babel - bought for his potential.  Ryan has no one else but himself for not realising his potential.  I'm one that thinks he needs to leave to realise his potential, much like Henry's move to Arsenal unleashed his, a move for Ryan may be the right thing for him.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #101: Jan 26, 2010 04:52:44 pm
      Would be a great signing, but the yanks wont have anything to do with it  :-\

Quick Reply