Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28498 times
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #92: Jan 26, 2010 09:54:31 pm
      F**k me if you've lost faith in rafa and the team, F**k off and support some other team. YES the performance was crap and simply not good enough, but i guess thats just the story of our year.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #93: Jan 26, 2010 09:54:40 pm
      I watched the tele more than this!

Game was exhausting to watch! Wolverhampton were poor, and we were not better.

Painful.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #94: Jan 26, 2010 09:54:48 pm
      Rafa's got some explaining to do for me.

Why did Gerrard start? After just coming back from injury and when Aquilani was quality in the game against Tottenham. And then why did he play the full 90?
      Why does he still persist with Insua? Is Aurelio injured? Insua has been poor for the whole season.
      Why do we always, without fail, try the hopeful long balls? No-one in our back four knows how to pass it, they all just hoof. We don't have a striker who you can hoof to.
      Why did Carragher play at right back? I'd sooner see Mascherano there, Carragher gets roasted by anyone with an ounce of pace. Carragher is a centre back.
      Why did he only use 1 sub (and took off a player who was doing well), in a game we had to win? They weren't a threat all game, we should have seen Pacheco come off the bench. He has real energy and could have created something for us.

A scrappy, shitty performance, where we struggled to create and we didn't look like a good team at all. Not happy at all.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #95: Jan 26, 2010 09:55:04 pm
      I'll suport the Redmen to the day i die, but this is taking it too far. I even go in to work now with Newcastle fans sneering. Under what circumstances will Pacheco get a run out. What is Benitez so afraid of?
      This is not a knee jerk reaction. This is a watching four months of garbage reaction
      Have a f**ing bootsale and get rid of some of that shower while the transfer window is still open Because they are taking the P*ss now   :f_steam: :mad: :f_steam:
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #96: Jan 26, 2010 09:55:11 pm
      I'm not one to say I know better then Benitez, because he's got the job he has now because of his success. But you have to question his faith in players, we need to win these games and fair enough bringing on N'Gog helped abit, but Gerrard was largely ineffective, I think he should of taken him off, and gave Aquilani a 15 minute run out, but no he sits on the bench, Aquilani looked pretty bemused with the clock on 88, and he's just walking on the sideline, why didn't he get on? Failing that why not Babel, or even Pacheco something that would suggest he'd going for a win.

Benitez has little to faith in these players, and I doubt they have much in him.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #97: Jan 26, 2010 09:55:32 pm
      Gerrard maybe had a bad game but tbh if he and Kuyt are getting no service what can he do on his own!!!
      ligalize
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #98: Jan 26, 2010 09:56:08 pm
      why the team plays better when playing VS top teams?with this performance i wont be surprised getting 6th spot comes May.what a poor performance from Captain G??!!!he made me miss Aqua.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #99: Jan 26, 2010 09:56:18 pm
      Rafa's got some explaining to do for me.

Why did Gerrard start? After just coming back from injury and when Aquilani was quality in the game against Tottenham. And then why did he play the full 90?
      Why does he still persist with Insua? Is Aurelio injured? Insua has been poor for the whole season.
      Why do we always, without fail, try the hopeful long balls? No-one in our back four knows how to pass it, they all just hoof. We don't have a striker who you can hoof to.
      Why did Carragher play at right back? I'd sooner see Mascherano there, Carragher gets roasted by anyone with an ounce of pace. Carragher is a centre back.
      Why did he only use 1 sub (and took off a player who was doing well), in a game we had to win? They weren't a threat all game, we should have seen Pacheco come off the bench. He has real energy and could have created something for us.

A scrappy, shitty performance, where we struggled to create and we didn't look like a good team at all. Not happy at all.

Bang on as usual, my friend. Bang on.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #100: Jan 26, 2010 09:56:33 pm
      Glad to help ! Im sick and tired really  >:(
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #101: Jan 26, 2010 09:56:44 pm
      Really hope I don't come across his post match interview or I may break the TV, I know what we'll hear, "we had good chances, we improved and had a good mentality, we are always improving and we'll see what we can do, oh and Pacheco will never get the play time he deserves". Big cheeeeeesy grin because at the end of the day, he gets what he wants, a big greasy pay check, and us the fans get jack sh*te!

Absolutely. I can already expect what Rafa would say.

'The game was hard, Wolves were pressing and we knew it was going to be like this all along. I'm confident that we can finish in the top four, this has not changed anything, there will be many twists and turns. The lads are working really hard, it is positive, we kept a clean sheet, and we will look to Bolton.'
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #102: Jan 26, 2010 09:56:51 pm
      Fantastic result for a club with no money!

Well in.
      Which one Wolves Or Liverpool? Oh yea, they probably have more money than us. :-[
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #103: Jan 26, 2010 09:58:06 pm
      Fantastic result for a club with no money!

Well in.

should be no excuses for tonight's performance, blames lies with Rafa and the players, shameful showing.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #104: Jan 26, 2010 09:58:30 pm
      Degen- should have started.

Aquilani- should have started

2 players that played very well against spurs....why change it if it aint broken??
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #105: Jan 26, 2010 09:59:36 pm
      So overall a piss poor performance

Man of the match? = nobody

He needs to bring  on pacheco more, he is young but give him minutes

james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #106: Jan 26, 2010 10:00:18 pm
      match of day on wednesday night dont wait up to long we be the last shown
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #107: Jan 26, 2010 10:00:32 pm
      stevies not fit . take him and torres away till they r ready to go 100% !
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #108: Jan 26, 2010 10:00:46 pm
      How slow can one team be btw...

Rafa wasn't thinkin straight making a half fit Stevie G play... but then again he prob told rafa whats happening.

When Carra was captain we had passion, Gerrard just had a thunder face...

Did any play care that it was 0-0 tonight towards the end
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #109: Jan 26, 2010 10:01:12 pm
      I'm going to watch Shameless to raise my spirits ;D
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #110: Jan 26, 2010 10:02:08 pm
      that was Houllieresk tonight
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #111: Jan 26, 2010 10:02:12 pm
      what the F**k happened to Aurelio as well rafa is too strange when it comes to team slecetions he can play someone until they perform well, then he drops them and they dont start for another 3 months
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #112: Jan 26, 2010 10:02:28 pm
      Anyone could have managed the Liverpool squad against Wolves. It was blatant what sad tactics were played. I am not sure if its harder to manage at the sidelines but serious? What the crust was that?
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #113: Jan 26, 2010 10:02:59 pm
      load off sh*t iv had enough off these i give up on them sell TORRES AND GERRARD they deserve better 4 all theyve done hope they move some where ,where they will get silverware cant even beat wolves what a joke FACT WE WONT EVEN FINISH SIXTH JUST WATCH B*LL**KS TO THESE BUNCH OF LOSERS I WONT BE CHEERING AGAIN C YA ( YOULL ALWAYS WALK ALONE )  
          :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #114: Jan 26, 2010 10:03:00 pm
      Positives. The defence does appear to be improving - even though Carra was shockingly bad yet again at right back.

Biggest mistake is that Gerrard clearly thinks he deserves to walk straight back in to the team.  I'm convinced that Aquilani would have done a far better job tonight.

Quick Reply