Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Isn't it just appalling?

Read 6035 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Isn't it just appalling?
      Jan 29, 2010 06:58:43 pm
      The Winter transfer Window shuts in two days.....

And we have not carried out any meaningful transaction in the entire month that the window has remained open.

No fill-in striker for injured Torres!

We have been inundated with silly stories about possible summer transfers... F#&k that!

How is it that the transfer period is allowed to pass us by?

We spent the entire period talking about K. Jones? why not just use Babel then?

All that talk about Hunterlaar and the other strikers? empty talks

And the Maxi guy? it's still too early to judge; but right now? I say Degen.

Isn't it just disgusting to be owned by some nitwits who couldn't care less about the club?

So pissed!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Isn't it just appalling?
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2010 07:09:30 pm
      We must have the most limited striking options in the prem , our rivals for the fourth spot have at least 4 strikers each , any decent player on loan would do us until the summer plus bring Nemeth back would give us a better chance to get that precious champions league spot , hope a deal can be done in the next few days .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2010 07:21:29 pm
      After last summer we got exactly what I expected Sweet F.A., in monetary value anyway.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2010 08:14:04 pm
      Cant believe Maxi is being questioned after 2 weeks and 1 start
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,334 posts | 4960 
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2010 08:36:55 pm

I'm pleased with the signing of Maxi as I didn't really expect anything from this transfer window. He is a proven quality international player and our squad is stronger with him in it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2010 08:42:17 pm
      It is appalling, but what do you expect with no money  :(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2010 08:43:38 pm
      It's appalling but with this two cu*ts in charge it's what to expect and we should expect more of it in the future until they move on.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2010 08:50:33 pm

No one is questioning Maxi. But you can hardly forget that blunder where he had a good run at the keeper and the choked. His first game. The second game? he cuts in a lot like Benayoun.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2010 08:52:38 pm
      Even if we had money though it wouldn't have been a great transfer window because the winter one never really sees any big deals go through. Also clubs don't want to lose a key striker or anything in the middle of the season. Think this transfer window just seems appalling because of how much we were sh*t on by the owners back in the summer window.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Jan 30, 2010 12:13:29 am
      I heard it was 20 Million then 12 Million then 8 Million.....Blah,blah,blah.

Those 2 f***in' pricks, have lied from the day they took control.

I wont judge the Maxi Rodriguez signing until he gets more time on the pitch.  What I have seen so far is a young player with a good leg, solid passing and field vision. He's conditioned, he seems to like it at Anfield and is proud to be here.  He's not a top 10 world player, but lets see what he does. His first game he sh*t the bed a little, but I'm sure that any ones first start for the mighty LFC will give anyone some nerves. 

One good thing, he's an Argentine player. They play straight balls out, full speed, take no prisoners Football.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #10: Jan 30, 2010 12:26:13 am
      Mates the fact about this topic is that as we are now a "selling club", other clubs realise our weak negotiating position,so it's difficult for the manager to conclude deals to the club's advantage,and with no transfer funds in reserve,his job is practically impossible to improve the squad.No f*cking wonder Juve looks tempting.But remember folks who the f*ck else of any stature would take on this task?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jan 30, 2010 02:00:18 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window. I'd love to see the chart JD put up a little while back, updated.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Jan 30, 2010 07:29:36 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window. I'd love to see the chart JD put up a little while back, updated.

Was going to make the same point, it's not only shocking that we didn't spend to buy cover for our injured players, but yet again we made a profit, and not a small one.

Now we've heard the ready prepared spin the Yanks have put on the situation - the window is a poor one in terms of the quality available, Rafa will have the money in the summer, and that the summer will be "big" for LFC.

Do we actually believe any of that?

The biggest comment for me was the one about the quality of player. Following the logic of this statement, we should be expecting Rafa to be signing a (or several) world class player in the summer who would clearly want CL football. Not bargain basement, not second or third choice. Top talent.

Whilst I'm hardly waiting on the edge of my seat for the summer transfer window, we should remember these statements.

More lies? More bullshit? More rubbing us up the right way only to F**k us over twice as hard afterward?

I just hope we won't be spending another two months biting our nails, hoping our best players will stay. Put your F***ing money where your mouthes are you lying Yank tw*ts, invest (that word you know so little about) in our squad, and reinstall some confidence in the club as a whole.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2010 07:34:51 am
      We all know this is just in preparation for the big summer we are going to get, so calm down lads.

*This post contains high levels of sarcasm. Caution is advised*
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2010 07:40:31 am
      While im not surprised these two pricks didnt invest in the sqaud i hoped we would have added a bit more than just Maxi.

Given the fact we really need to push on and get fourth i really hoped we would spend some cash to try and achieve it, i didnt expect multi millions but maybe at least spend what we brought in.

We all know what the financial situation is but when Rafa cant add to the squad at a time when we are desperate for at least another striker really is a concern.

Im just hoping H&G are not spending any more cash because they are going to piss off in the summer, unlikley but i can only hope.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2010 08:53:19 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window.

Correction crouchino,it looks like Hicks and Gillette are the ones making the profit.With all the injuries we have had this season you would of thought that those two BAST*ARDS would of given RAFA the cash to buy a couple of decent players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Jan 30, 2010 09:18:25 am
      Ya look on the bright side we made £6.5 million to pay off the debts :mad:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jan 30, 2010 09:23:32 am

Well taking that 6 million into equation we have an average 10 million net spend per season since H&G took over 3 years 30 million spent...laughable.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2010 10:27:56 am by RedLFCBlood »
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #18: Jan 30, 2010 10:18:19 am
      Well taking that 6 million into equation we have an average 10 million net spend per transfer window since H&G took over 3 years 30 million spent...laughable.

Just appalling!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Jan 30, 2010 10:29:14 am

It is when Rafael Benitez is expected to challenge for Domestic and European success.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 30, 2010 10:35:20 am
      Calm down everyone.
      This is better than spending more and more and then get into administration, being relegated and down in the third division.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #21: Jan 30, 2010 10:37:09 am
      Calm down everyone.
      This is better than spending more and more and then get into administration, being relegated and down in the third division.

Well we've sold £6m worth of players, and brought in one free signing. That's not right.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2010 10:37:18 am
      why u guys always blame the owners?? we had the same team last season and finished 2nd..

we have lost Alonso, but a superior player (Lucas) is playing in his position.. aquilani is a waste of money. greek dude has done well.. do you think he came for free??? the owners paid for him..

gerrard, torres, reina all extended their contracts.. did rafa take his paycheck from his pocket and donated for their extensions?? no.. the owners did.

it's not owners fault that Alonso and Hyypia left.. it's not owners fault that Babel is warming the bench every week.. and it's not owners fault that Aquilani can't even start against a sure fire relegation team..

Quick Reply