Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Rafa Snubs Juve

Read 8879 times
      seandundeelegend
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Rafa Snubs Juve
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2010 12:21:27 am
      they are loving every minute of it. even when we won the champions league he was described as a lucky manager. how the F**k was that lucky? i bet if it was man u or chelsea that were 3-0 down at half time sir purple nose or mourinho would of thrown on 3 subs straight away and fu**ed it up.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2010 10:24:07 am
      no-one really knows whats going on behind the scenes and alls we can do is guess.

I no a fella who reckons hes in with the club, hes one of my contacts for tickets and that and to be fair to him, he always delivers, but he told me that it was more or less a certainty that Rafa was resigning after the Bolton game, that proved to be bollocks, so god knows whats going on but if i had to put my money on it, id bet Rafa is here to stay.

Also, when we beat the blue sh*te at the weekend, the majority of rafa bashers will be behind him again for atleast another week.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2010 10:29:30 am
      I reckon Rafa is reassuring the fans that he loves the club and the city but behind the scenes hes probably giving some to g&h about not having any transfer budget and needing to bring in some quality in the summer
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2010 10:30:00 am
      Been leaned on by the board to say this.

Bet Hicks told him to do this.

I was really wondering why Hicks had bothered to come to a game against one of the lesser sides? Think your answer says it all.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2010 10:35:00 am
      I was really wondering why Hicks had bothered to come to a game against one of the lesser sides? Think your answer says it all.

I thought he was here to talk about potential investment.

Also why would they make Rafa say those things..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2010 10:59:18 am
      If the reports are to be believed personal contact at this juncture is not a priority, what it could be is a show of support for the manager.
      Not the fiscal support required but nevertheless a token gesture by one of the owners. No doubt he would be aware of the furious protest that lay in wait yet he still chose to appear at the ground, of course these words are not meant to shed Hicks in a better light but point out that there is plenty of backstage activity that we know nothing about.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2010 11:06:22 am
      To be honest, I'd definately have Hicks over Gillett every time. Gillett is a real F***ing weasel, never see or hear anything from him, just hate that man!! And I can see Hichs staying for the long haul unfourtunately, just have to hope that the other tosser fucks off soon.

P.S. This post does not mean I support Tom Hicks!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2010 11:14:02 am
      Is right mate he's the lesser of the two evils.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2010 11:40:51 am
      Rafa loves the club more than a lot of so called fans, He will stay with the club now through thick or thin  or  should I say walk through the storm with his head held high,wich is the true Liverpool way If he was going to go he would have gone to Real, Still behind the man 100% ,The second half of the season will be massive for the Future of the club ,time to give the manager and players full backing ,as for the Yank two hats they can fu*k off
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2010 12:34:21 pm
      After winning just 8 out of 18 in the league, including 7 losses.......... and being dumped out of the champions league, and the domestic cups,

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

In securing his own financial future, Rafa also knew that even though he would have no chance of improving Liverpool, he would likely have the prospect of another club come a knocking when the sh*t hits the fan. (in walks juventus) 

This is a win win situation, because if Juve want him they will also offer him the money, and if they dont, he still gets rich milking the yanks.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2010 12:49:38 pm
      After winning just 8 out of 18 in the league, including 7 losses.......... and being dumped out of the champions league, and the domestic cups,

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

In securing his own financial future, Rafa also knew that even though he would have no chance of improving Liverpool, he would likely have the prospect of another club come a knocking when the sh*t hits the fan. (in walks juventus) 

This is a win win situation, because if Juve want him they will also offer him the money, and if they dont, he still gets rich milking the yanks.

You really are a sceptic aren't you mate?

Personally, whatever the reasons are I think Rafa will go at the end of the season and I don't think we should be expecting a top quality manager to walk into Anfield in Rafa's place. I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

On another note tho, it just goes to show how sh*t a manager Rafa is if Juvetus, Real Madrid et al what to employ him..................... ...

Whatever anyone says I believe Rafa truely loves and respects the fans. No other set of supporters in the world let alone england would've sang their managers name considering the run of results we've had..................... ... Loyalty be it from fans, managers, owners, players is exteremly rare these days so I think we should be happy when we see it and not be sceptic about it.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2010 01:02:19 pm

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

So your saying the owners had told Rafa before he signed a contract that he had no transfer budget and rafa went on to sign it anyway?

Firstly, so what.

Secondly, i doubt the americans would have gambled on telling rafa something like that because we all no how stubborn he can be and he's hinted once or twice already that he will just F**k off if the americans take the piss or cross the line - selling torres etc.

In my eyes i see it as this - The yanks are business men and dont give a flying F**k about football or liverpool fc. I dont think many fans actually realise that at times. They expect them to love LFC and love football with a passion etc and throw millions and millions at it, thats just not the case and never will be. There in it for the money, nothing else, not for the enjoyment of football, not because they love the tradition and history of LFC, there in it for a fat profit and thats it. They no they've got a f***in quality manager there who they want to keep because Rafa has a bloody good chance of bringing silverware to the club which obviously brings in money but unlike abramovich, there not willing to invest into the side and have gambled on winning things without spending a penny. Basically there both just greedy n*b eds.

In modern football though, you have to invest to compete at the top level and these f***in clowns haven't realised that. It amazes me how they haven't backed Rafa in this window when we are on the verge of missing out on Champions league football for next season. Them 2 will miss out more than anyone the stupid fuckers.

Its been printed and talked about how they dont have any money to back rafa etc etc but i tend not to take any notice of them stories due to one paper saying one thing and then another has a totally different story. To sum up = There just a pair of stupid dick heads.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2010 01:09:06 pm
      he still gets rich milking the yanks.

Wow thats the most inaccurate statement iv'e ever read on this forum and that includes all the piss take stuff on the knee jerk thread.
      How can you seriously stand over that statement. I think you'll find it is the yanks that are milking the club and as such we should be thankfull that Rafa stays for the fans rather than to further his own immediate need of success.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2010 03:05:22 pm
      You really are a sceptic aren't you mate?

Personally, whatever the reasons are I think Rafa will go at the end of the season and I don't think we should be expecting a top quality manager to walk into Anfield in Rafa's place. I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

On another note tho, it just goes to show how sh*t a manager Rafa is if Juvetus, Real Madrid et al what to employ him..................... ...

Whatever anyone says I believe Rafa truely loves and respects the fans. No other set of supporters in the world let alone england would've sang their managers name considering the run of results we've had..................... ... Loyalty be it from fans, managers, owners, players is exteremly rare these days so I think we should be happy when we see it and not be sceptic about it.

Yes, I am a sceptic, and I shall tell you why.

Firstly, look at the trail of events here and whats panned out.

1. rafa was moaning plenty about lack of funds to buy players

2. rumours that owners are preparing to get rid of him

3. admission from the owners they had klinsman lined up for the job

4. backlash from liverpool fans, criticising owners and backing rafa

5. suddenly, rafa gets a five year 20 million sweetheart deal, making him the highest paid manager in england.

6. mysteriously, even though rafa has no apparent cash to splash he stays relatively quiet about the owners.

Ive been around a long while and long enough to see whats going on here. The yanks are paying this guy more money than the likes of red nose gets paid, and he has won 11 titles and god knows what else. Just think about how ridiculous that is on its own. You see the philosophy of big business is that you pay the top dog plenty, then you have him eating out of your dish like a lap dog. You pay him to screw everyone else, in this case it is you and me, the fans.

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any! 

In my company they do exactly the same thing, pay the ceo a million in bonus's to cut the jobs down in every department, and force you to work harder than ever. They save more than the million they give him, by getting him to be the front man and take the heat by screwing 4,000 other poor bas**rds. He doesnt mind because he is getting paid far more than hes worth for the job. 

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

Finally, look at the big clubs

chelsea.........have an owner who has dug into his own pocket to win a few trophies. he hasnt made any profit, he is just a gay fellow who had a few billion and was prepared to pay out a few hundred million to say he had won something. Lucky them because they have a sugar daddy who doesnt mind not making a profit if his dick looks bigger.

man utd.....despite winning everything consistently for the past 17 years they are in record debt. Solid proof that winning trophies does not pay off the debt for all those players bought. Luckily for them they bought a player for 12 million and sold him for 80 million. How many times are you gonna get that lucky????

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2010 04:18:10 pm
      Great news about rafa turning down juve. Let's just hope that he can have the same idea about real madrid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2010 04:29:27 pm

5. suddenly, rafa gets a five year 20 million sweetheart deal, making him the highest paid manager in england.

6. mysteriously, even though rafa has no apparent cash to splash he stays relatively quiet about the owners.

Ive been around a long while and long enough to see whats going on here. The yanks are paying this guy more money than the likes of red nose gets paid, and he has won 11 titles and god knows what else. Just think about how ridiculous that is on its own. You see the philosophy of big business is that you pay the top dog plenty, then you have him eating out of your dish like a lap dog. You pay him to screw everyone else, in this case it is you and me, the fans.

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any!  

In my company they do exactly the same thing, pay the ceo a million in bonus's to cut the jobs down in every department, and force you to work harder than ever. They save more than the million they give him, by getting him to be the front man and take the heat by screwing 4,000 other poor bas**rds. He doesnt mind because he is getting paid far more than hes worth for the job.  

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

chelsea.........have an owner who has dug into his own pocket to win a few trophies. he hasnt made any profit, he is just a gay fellow who had a few billion and was prepared to pay out a few hundred million to say he had won something. Lucky them because they have a sugar daddy who doesnt mind not making a profit if his dick looks bigger.

man utd.....despite winning everything consistently for the past 17 years they are in record debt. Solid proof that winning trophies does not pay off the debt for all those players bought. Luckily for them they bought a player for 12 million and sold him for 80 million. How many times are you gonna get that lucky????

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

I'm not surprised you're tired of writing, it must have been hard work conjuring that up and then joining the words.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010 04:30:37 pm by Reslivo »
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2010 04:42:52 pm
      I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

==================================================================

I disagree.......Capello signed up for Englands top job, and he couldnt give a sh*t about England. He is laughing like a drain all the way to the bank after becoming one of the highest paid football managers in the world.   Half of these guys are dumb as dogshit and couldnt get a job outside football, and yet 5 million per year is available to them and all they have to do is work for a year or two and can retire if they wish.

When the Liverpool job comes on the market it wont matter whether part of the job involves wading thru 3 foot of sh*t every morning, the usual suspects will be putting their hand up for the big money. A couple of stingy owners wont be any deterrent when youve got 5 million per annum rolling into your retirement coffers.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2010 05:41:40 pm

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

;D honestly mate, get a grip. if he was so greedy, he would have just gone to real where a) they'd pay him just as well and b) they'd give him a key to the local bank so he can spend 200+ million on players.

i do geniunely believe he loves the club. why else would he put up with the 2 gob sh*tes at the helm?

there are sceptics and there are those living in lala land...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2010 06:36:49 pm
      ;D honestly mate, get a grip. if he was so greedy, he would have just gone to real where a) they'd pay him just as well and b) they'd give him a key to the local bank so he can spend 200+ million on players.

i do geniunely believe he loves the club. why else would he put up with the 2 gob sh*tes at the helm?

there are sceptics and there are those living in lala land...
      SAw it mate and thought the same but then decided it wasn't worth a reply, well not a full reply.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010 07:27:52 pm by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2010 06:50:20 pm
      I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

==================================================================

I disagree.......Capello signed up for Englands top job, and he couldnt give a sh*t about England. He is laughing like a drain all the way to the bank after becoming one of the highest paid football managers in the world.   Half of these guys are dumb as dogshit and couldnt get a job outside football, and yet 5 million per year is available to them and all they have to do is work for a year or two and can retire if they wish.

When the Liverpool job comes on the market it wont matter whether part of the job involves wading thru 3 foot of sh*t every morning, the usual suspects will be putting their hand up for the big money. A couple of stingy owners wont be any deterrent when youve got 5 million per annum rolling into your retirement coffers.
      I thought you were tired of writing,I see you have not got much support to back you up,I suppose that must mean that all the other posters who disagree with you are wrong.As regards the usual suspects putting their name up for the big money job at Anfield could you care to name them and what they have achieved.It must be well known in football what Hicks and Gillette are like to work for.Also as has been mentioned if RAFA is that bad a manager why do/did Real Madrid and Juventus both want him

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2010 10:17:42 pm

Well it's irrelevant whether you can see any "top" manager coming to us or not because it's not an issue, Rafa has said he is staying and wont be talking to them so end of.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2010 10:43:43 pm
      Well it's irrelevant whether you can see any "top" manager coming to us or not because it's not an issue, Rafa has said he is staying and wont be talking to them so end of.
      That's been the story from day one mate but people have sold papers, tried to undermine LFC  on the back of the speculation they all have different agendas none of which are connected with the best interests of the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2010 04:33:16 am

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any!  

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

Wow you really are F***ing clueless. From points 3 and 4 to 5 there is only the small matter of about two and a half years. Also point 6 - he was hardly quiet from Athens onwards when he got onto what the sneaky fuckers were up to. Let's face it, if it wasn't for Rafa and that press conference before the Newcastle game when he wore a trackie and club coat, the fans wouldn't have been non the wiser at what them pair of cu*ts were doing to our club.

You mention big clubs - since when the F**k have Man City been a big club - they might have billions, but have won F**k all for the past 30 years, let them win a few trophies first FFS!! Been listening to Sky Sports a bit too much me thinks

On the point of Man U, unlike us they have every cash generating scheme going, a ground that can hold 75,000 because they put it all in place in the 90s - unlike us - the only reason they are in debt is because of  a gobs***e yank owner.

Then you have the F***ing nerve to compare Rafa to Ferguson, who you can bet earns more than Rafa, has spent a lot longer at Man U, probably why he has won more, I see you don't slag Souness or Evans for doing F**k-all for Liverpool's continuing agonising wait for number 19.

In short I think you're not a true red - and that's from a season ticket of 20 years and been going the game since I was 5 years old. In fact amongst all that bullshit I'm surprised you didn't mention the words waiter, Spanish and fat.

In fact I'd say you weren't sceptic, more of a septic tank!

Quick Reply