Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Babel vs Walcott vs Nani

Read 6801 times
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Re: Babel vs Walcott vs Nani
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2010 05:44:13 pm
      All three of them are so inconsistent. If i had to chose i would say Walcott but dont think any of them have justified there price tags yet.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2010 06:30:59 pm
      All three of them are so inconsistent. If I had to chose I would say Walcott but dont think any of them have justified there price tags yet.
      Walcott was over priced. Wenger jumped in and spent.

Walcott transferred to Arsenal on 20 January 2006, for a fee of £5 million, rising to £12 million depending on appearances for club and country. May Wenger has little money, so it's a cunning way not to pay £12m, buy not playing him.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2010 06:35:18 pm
      Walcott if i had to pick one but all three very inconsistent players.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2010 07:32:28 pm
      Dont rate any of them to be honest, Walcott has time on his side more than the other two but none of them have a decent final ball.....certaintly not for 3 full internationals
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2010 08:12:07 pm

1) Which of this player has been good enough to justify his price tag?

2) Who is the best now?

3) Who do u think is going to be the better player in the future?

None

Walcott

Walcott
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2010 09:31:01 pm
      All three are whack.

Babel is a lazy sh*te, Walcott is a massive liability and even the snail fans don't like him anymore, and Nani is a bug eyed pr**k who can only pull off a trick every 10 or so matches.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2010 10:26:49 pm
      I just watched the last 20 minutes of the everton game, I think Babel controlled the ball once, the rest of the time he messed it up.

At least Walcott has a first touch.

i was thinking about Babel and Kuyt's apparent inability to control a football but...don't you think part of the problem is the way the ball is often hammered up to them? I mean, Stevie's passing in particular is hardly full of finesse and the long balls from defence skidding off these modern, firm-on-top-and-watered pitches can't make it easy. Not saying it is totally the excuse but I do believe Arsenal's passing is more "continental" in that the ball is stroked more, plus their passes are usually 10 yards, ours more like 40 yards, right?

just a thought.

oh, as for Walcott v Babel v Nani....for all his faults I still think Babel has the bigger future but I suspect Rafa is not going to get it out of him...he will move elsewhere and look good I suspect.
      rossphillips1988
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2010 10:31:09 pm
      I will always support our players regardless of how sh*t they have been, but if someone said you could take any one of these 3 players last on the list would be Babel for me. Walcott is younger than the other 2 and probably produced the goods more often. Still Babel is our player and he will get my support on matchdays regardless of how poo he is/has been.
      joel-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2010 10:34:08 pm
      Walcott, Ill never forget that run he made agaisnt us in the champions leauge.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #32: Feb 09, 2010 01:30:19 pm
      I don't really give a damn about the other two except Babel, selfish you may say, not gonna waste my time talking about them. But watching Babel play at times is truely frustrating, for instance against the blueshite, he keeps knocking the ball back to the defenders and put more pressure on us, why can't he just use his damn bloody intelligence a bit more and bring the ball as far up the field as possible and ease the pressure on our defenders. He has the speed but he chose to overdribble most of the time and knows not where his team mates are. What Rafa needs to tell Babel is to do the simplest thing, that is when he gets the ball just charge down the wing and win us a corner, that'll do for the moment.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Feb 09, 2010 02:00:32 pm
      I'd take the Ryan Babel of his first season over both of them but due to the current Ryan Babel, I'd have to say Walcott. :)
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #34: Feb 09, 2010 02:23:03 pm
      Arsenal try to dribble the ball into the net which failed miserably against Chels and Manure.  We have to make sure we do the same thing - shrug them off the ball (which Chel did brilliantly - annoyingly) they don't perform well in a physical game so lets give them just that!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #35: Feb 09, 2010 02:39:18 pm
      Arsenal try to dribble the ball into the net which failed miserably against Chels and Manure.  We have to make sure we do the same thing - shrug them off the ball (which Chel did brilliantly - annoyingly) they don't perform well in a physical game so lets give them just that!
      This quote should be in Arse v LFC pre match!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #36: Feb 09, 2010 02:46:06 pm
      Difficult to choose, as all 3 have natural ability and technical skill, but seem to lack the vital awareness when on the pitch. There are lots of players who can run down the wing into a blind alley, and babel has been doing this for to long.  He should have realised this by now and also realised he can't take on an entire teams defence ever time he gets the ball.

Nani has improved a little lately, but it's to early to tell if it will last, but he has been sh*te for a long time before that.

Walcott has the ability and speed, but needs to step up and stay injury free.  he is still 20, but now is the time for him to mature and add to his game.

My concern is that our player is now 23 and hasn't improved or learned much in the last few years.  if you only get 20-25 mins on the pitch, then he should show Rafa that he is part of the team and can play for the team.  use his brain and help his team mates and not just himself!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #37: Feb 09, 2010 04:22:59 pm
      All three are sh*te. Too inconsistent, all of them.
      But if I was to stick my neck out, I'll go for Walcott.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: Feb 09, 2010 04:57:56 pm
      I've a number of mates Arsenal fans and they think Walcott is sh*te some of them would happily swop Babel for him.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #39: Feb 09, 2010 05:26:14 pm
      I think they are all sh*te, tbh.

Touche Rodders.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Feb 09, 2010 06:47:52 pm
      I've a number of mates Arsenal fans and they think Walcott is sh*te some of them would happily swop Babel for him.

I'd happily see this happen to be honest because Walcott is willing to learn and fight for his place, Babel thinks it should just be handed to him on a plate.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger
      • Started Topic

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #41: Feb 10, 2010 02:11:11 am
      .                                                                                                                           M

Really hope that wenger is a fool like the arse fans and rates babel highly. To top it up Babel will score a wonder goal tonight.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 10, 2010 07:55:36 am
      They're all pretty useless in my opinion.

I would rate Babel and Walcott pretty evenly in terms of skill. We saw glimpses of what they could do in the 2007-08 season, especially in the semi final at Anfield.

Nani for me is completely over rated. They put too much hope into him, and he isn't as good as either of the other two in my opinion.

Problem is, none of the 3 have performed. I would like it if Walcott and Babel could be straight swapped, not so because I rate Walcott above Babel, but I think the move can help to kick-start both the players careers. Perhaps the fresh start will be better for both of them, and as crouchinho said, both prefer the opposite club.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 10, 2010 05:31:19 pm
      I'd happily see this happen to be honest because Walcott is willing to learn and fight for his place, Babel thinks it should just be handed to him on a plate.
      Walcott at least fills a home-grown spot...
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #44: Feb 11, 2010 06:50:06 pm
      Walcott, Ill never forget that run he made agaisnt us in the champions leauge.

Il never forget the goal and penalty won from Babel right after this when we looked dead and buried..

notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #45: Feb 11, 2010 07:04:23 pm
      babel for me, hes the strongest and most powerful and he can play in a number of positions.

Quick Reply