Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Simao (Benfica) and Malouda (Lyon)

Read 11552 times
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Simao (Benfica) and Malouda (Lyon)
      May 29, 2007 12:55:15 pm
      Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa is a summer transfer target for Rafa Benitez.

Speaking to Portuguese daily A Bola, Parry revealed Simao's is a name that appears on the Spaniard's shopping list.

But Parry denied that his club had already held talks with Benfica regarding a transfer.

Liverpool are expected to spend heavily this summer, but a deal for Simao may involve a swap for out-of-favour Djibril Cisse, the France international who spent last season on loan at Marseille.

Parry confirmed: "There are players we are interested in and Simao is one. But we have made no contact with Benfica. A swap with Cisse could be a possibility."

Cisse's agent, Ranko Stojic, refused to rule out the switch but revealed the player's preference would be for a move to either Spain or England.

"Anything is possible but Djibril's priority is to move to a club in either England or Spain who are in the Champions League," Stojic told A Bola.

"Liverpool will not be able to decide Cisse's future without the authorisation of the player."

Stojic's claim puts a question mark against Marseille's bid to finalise a fresh deal for Cisse.

Anyone have any thoughts on this news
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2007 12:00:11 pm by EddieC »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Reds confirm Simao interest
      Reply #1: May 29, 2007 01:29:12 pm
      Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa is a summer transfer target for Rafa Benitez.

Speaking to Portuguese daily A Bola, Parry revealed Simao's is a name that appears on the Spaniard's shopping list.

But Parry denied that his club had already held talks with Benfica regarding a transfer.

Liverpool are expected to spend heavily this summer, but a deal for Simao may involve a swap for out-of-favour Djibril Cisse, the France international who spent last season on loan at Marseille.

Parry confirmed: "There are players we are interested in and Simao is one. But we have made no contact with Benfica. A swap with Cisse could be a possibility."

Cisse's agent, Ranko Stojic, refused to rule out the switch but revealed the player's preference would be for a move to either Spain or England.

"Anything is possible but Djibril's priority is to move to a club in either England or Spain who are in the Champions League," Stojic told A Bola.

"Liverpool will not be able to decide Cisse's future without the authorisation of the player."

Stojic's claim puts a question mark against Marseille's bid to finalise a fresh deal for Cisse.

Anyone have any thoughts on this news

Well mate my thoughts is that this is another load of garbage. I don't think Benfica would have Cisse and a little bit of money.

I think we need to shift a midfielder out for the possibility of landing Simao. I really don't think he will be here next season...
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Simao Sabrosa (Benfica) and Malouda (Lyon)
      Reply #2: May 29, 2007 02:32:38 pm
      Apparently we're after these two for about £10million each. Not really seen much of Malouda myself...

FROM TeamTalk

Benitez held talks with Reds owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett last week, and was reassured that he would be given the money to pursue his summer transfer targets.

And according to the Daily Mirror, Malouda is near the top of his wish-list, which also includes Sevilla's Daniel Alves of Sevilla, Gabriel Milito of Real Zaragoza and Barcelona's star striker Samuel Eto'o.

French footballer of the year Malouda has indicated he wants his future sorted quickly while Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insists a deal, which would cost around £10-15million, must be done by the end of June.

Malouda said: "If nothing happens from now that means the clubs who have approached me are not convinced.

"If that's the case, there is no point in leaving - I don't want to go wherever.

"If I leave it will be under the best circumstances for me and for Lyon."

One of Benitez's main complaints is the club do not move quickly enough in the transfer market, and this opportunity to swoop for Malouda will be a key indication of the American owners' willingness to live up to their word.

Benitez has said: "It is always talk, talk, talk. Nothing happens.

"There are top-class players we can sign now for a reasonable fee but we have to move quickly."

Malouda has been an integral member of the Lyon side that has won six successive Ligue 1 titles and he's also established himself in the national team.

Benitez is planning a significant overhaul of the club, which suffered defeat in the Champions League final last week, and the likes of Craig Bellamy, Sami Hyypia, Harry Kewell and John Arne Riise could join Robbie Fowler, Mark Gonzalez, Bolo Zenden, Jerzy Dudek and Scott Carson as surplus to requirements.

This clear-out would free up extra funds for six or seven new players of which Malouda is expected to be one.

However the Reds will face competition from Europe's biggest clubs with the 26-year-old winger linked with Juventus, Chelsea and Manchester United in the past.

From TeamTalk

The Benfica star has been a long-term target of Rafa Benitez, and was in fact given permission to fly to Anfield for a medical in August 2005.

On that occasion the Portuguese club pulled out of the £10 million deal, but now it seems that the Champions League finalists are ready to renew their interest in the player.

Furthermore, Parry claimed that a swap deal involving striker Djibril Cisse could be on the cards.

Cisse has spent the season on loan at Marseille, and while he favours a move to either an English or a Spanish club, he may be interested in the switch to Portugal.

Speaking to Portuguese daily A Bola, Parry said: "There are players we are interested in and Simao is one.

"But we have made no contact with Benfica. A swap with Cisse could be a possibility."

Cisse's agent Ranko Stojic refused to rule out the possibility of a move, but claimed that it would not be the striker's first choice.

Cisse joined Liverpool from Auxerre for £14 million in 2004, but spent last season back in France after falling out of favour with Benitez.

He scored eight goals in 21 appearances for Marseille after missing much of the start of the season with a broken leg, sustained playing for France before the World Cup.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2007 01:48:31 pm by JD »
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: Simao and Malouda
      Reply #3: May 29, 2007 07:34:22 pm
      well i have always liked simao can score awesome goals and has that ability to turn a game with real flair, mallouda like you don't know much about him just hope he's not another useless french b***ard (they seem to be the only frenchman we sign)
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #4: May 30, 2007 09:02:39 am
      , mallouda like you don't know much about him just hope he's not another useless french b***ard (they seem to be the only frenchman we sign)

my thoughts exactly
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #5: May 30, 2007 09:34:40 am
      well I have always liked simao can score awesome goals and has that ability to turn a game with real flair, mallouda like you don't know much about him just hope he's not another useless french b***ard (they seem to be the only frenchman we sign)

Read in a newspaper (well, the Express if you must know) that Mallouda was voted french player of the year for last season, he's a winger (left  I think) which could spell the end for Harry (I hope not) plays in the french national side and is a very good attacking player, would like to hear more about him as I am not a big fan of French players, a bit lazy to me, Although that Frank Ribery looks the business down the right.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #6: May 30, 2007 10:34:11 am
      simao yes totally agree with this signing, however i need convincing of any French player apart from that dude over at highbury ........lets be honest Rafa hasn't always got it right in the market but thats mostly down to the players he has been able to select from the resulting lack of cash.......... French players are not my best loved dish,,,, Henry, Ribery yes they are great players and yes they have flair but the temperament is very bad most of the time,,,,, i don't want French players at liverpool ........... but we could be supprized for a change.........

Le - tellac ?
      cisse?
      Cheyrou?
      pongolla?
      diouf? ( half French)
      diao ( half French)
      diou
      diarra do i need to go on...................... ............ crap
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: May 30, 2007 02:04:57 pm
      David Silva has been thrown into the hat again

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2157392,00.html
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: May 30, 2007 09:15:57 pm
      I like Simao and hope we sign him. I just think its so poor that Slick Rick announces to the world who we want to sign, why not just publish Rafa's wish list in the Echo, what a gob sh*te.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: May 30, 2007 10:04:25 pm
      I like Simao and hope we sign him. I just think its so poor that Slick Rick announces to the world who we want to sign, why not just publish Rafa's wish list in the Echo, what a gob sh*te.

Smokescreen?
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #10: May 30, 2007 10:06:06 pm
      good player,but i like more nani or jesus navas
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #11: May 30, 2007 10:08:37 pm
      would love to see simao signed just hope rick parry pulls his finger out and gets it done, regardless if cisse wants to go or not.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: May 30, 2007 10:13:13 pm

Couldn't agree more mate. But as Eddie says, could possibly be a smokescreen. Which is a bit silly really, if we want to sign him. Or could be that the deal is already done? I don't know. But I'd rather wake up one day to find out we've signed a quality player and not have Parry doing a broadcast beforehand.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: May 30, 2007 11:53:38 pm
      Couldn't agree more mate. But as Eddie says, could possibly be a smokescreen. Which is a bit silly really, if we want to sign him. Or could be that the deal is already done? I don't know. But I'd rather wake up one day to find out we've signed a quality player and not have Parry doing a broadcast beforehand.

Yeah, just like when Fowler came back...

No one knew about that till the day he came back. What a suprise! Nothing would compair to that though...
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #14: May 30, 2007 11:59:48 pm
      how much would this deal value cisse and simao. cisse plus 4-5mill should be fair, valuing simao at 12-13
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #15: May 31, 2007 01:03:07 am
      man united have signed nani apparently, wankers !
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #16: May 31, 2007 08:29:31 am

This  thread is becoming a Xenophobic attack on the French!!!

You cannot blame the French players for performing poorly it is the management team who are responsible.

I have seen Malouda play and he could become a great signing for us and perhaps comparable with a young Thierry Henry?!

Plus I have said it before but i will repeat it once more.....Parry does nothing for this club.He leaks transfer targets (Simao - smoke screen or not) and has done nothing to raise our profile.

What about the TV channel that has been muted for months???

Rant over.

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: May 31, 2007 10:00:39 am
      man united have signed nani apparently, wankers !

Yeah and to add to that, they have signed Anderson from FC Porto...

They sound just as promising since they signed Cristiano Ronaldo like this...

Ah well, we've got the power to go out there and get some quality proven stars!
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #18: May 31, 2007 10:02:00 am
      This  thread is becoming a Xenophobic attack on the French!!!

You cannot blame the French players for performing poorly it is the management team who are responsible.

I have seen Malouda play and he could become a great signing for us and perhaps comparable with a young Thierry Henry?!

Plus I have said it before but I will repeat it once more.....Parry does nothing for this club.He leaks transfer targets (Simao - smoke screen or not) and has done nothing to raise our profile.

What about the TV channel that has been muted for months???

Rant over.

Well, yes, ok, their national side has done more than ours in the last 20 years I grant you.  I would have Terry Enry in a heartbeat and probably some others not mentioned, (I think its a French v English thing)  I even holidayed there last year, very nice people/food/drink etc   but the point is still, we don't know much about Malouda and we are always a little suspicious of what we don't know, eh.
      Still, its only rumor at the mo.

DH
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: May 31, 2007 10:13:51 am
      simao yes totally agree with this signing, however I need convincing of any French player apart from that dude over at highbury ........lets be honest Rafa hasn't always got it right in the market but thats mostly down to the players he has been able to select from the resulting lack of cash.......... French players are not my best loved dish,,,, Henry, Ribery yes they are great players and yes they have flair but the temperament is very bad most of the time,,,,, I don't want French players at liverpool ........... but we could be supprized for a change.........

Le - tellac ?
      cisse?
      Cheyrou?
      pongolla?
      diouf? ( half French)
      diao ( half French)
      diou
      diarra do I need to go on...................... ............ crap

Pongolle - Decent player, just never given the chance.

Diouf & Diao - How does being Senegalese make them half Freanch? The place is about 3000 miles away from France, just because it's a former colony means nothing. Working on that basis all Indians, Jamaicans & South Africans are half English then are they?

Who the F**k is Diou? Never heard of him.

Alou Diarra is not actually a bad player either. The fact that Houllier chose not to play him doesn't mean anything. Instead he moved to Lens, and broke into the French squad, including playing in the World Cup final (something which none of our current squad have done). He then moved on to Houllier's Lyon after much speculation linking him with AS Roma, and is now the subject of a £4.5m bid from Portsmouth. As you said though, complete & utter crap.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #20: May 31, 2007 08:47:40 pm

I'll be impressed if it is a smoke screen, but I don't think old Slick is that clever! I hope I'm proved wrong!!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 01, 2007 08:29:05 am
      The press this morning are reporting  that Lyon expect 17 million for the player.Malouda is concerned that the asking price may put us off......clearly now we have the money and given that the player is a very good prospect we MUST show our rivals our intent in challenging for the Prem next season.

Malouda may be an expensive signing but when you consider his age and the fact that he is an international player we must act now!

I just wonder if Sabrosa will follow......we could do a lot better than him.

:action-smiley-057:
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #22: Jun 01, 2007 09:20:35 am
      its nothing to do with the French  / English relationship.......... its about the fact that most of the players who come to LFC that are French are crap............ so no one can tell me any difference... Anelka could have been great at Anfield...............  take gallas brilliant player but moves to Arsenal and even has a French manager and still moaning and sulking after 2 minutes.

and the person who said its down to the trainers and staff to make the players succeed is just a plonker,,,,,,,,,, Bottom line if your good enough and given a go then a player needs to stand up and be counted

Players with the sort of money and lifestyle they can have through being privileged to play the beautiful game have to take responsability for them selves, and if there not good enough then  thats it, yes its helps with all the right factors and resources around them. >:(

Quick Reply