Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni 18/02/2010 - Man Of The Match

David N'Gog
      (3.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (11.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (17.1%)
      Albert Riera
      (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (17.1%)
      Dani Pacheco
      (13.3%)
      Ryan Babel
      (28.6%)
      Alberto Aquilani
      (1%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      (1.9%)

Liverpool 1-0 Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles

Read 23703 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles
      Reply #92: Feb 19, 2010 12:50:45 am
      Thank you Joseph. Now start up the man of the match award. ;)

Where's all the Insua must start and Insua is the best left back at the club posts anyway. Every time the young Argentine had a bad game, the Aurelio bandwagon would come storming through - well tonight proved why I'd rather have Insua every game. Aurelio was a shambles tonight - there was a few others who played as badly though.

Funny you should say that, I'd forgotten all about it, good job you reminded me I was just sorting it out. ;)

Pole added.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #93: Feb 19, 2010 12:53:18 am
      I voted for Carragher.
      Think he done a sound job at right back, got forward to help the attack a bit but wasn't exposed.
      Great turn and pass down the line for Kuyt who should've put in a better cross.

Well done Jamie
      Skrtel and Agger were good too, as was Babel when he came on.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #94: Feb 19, 2010 12:53:30 am
      Only problem I had tonight was with Riera and Ngog - pretty poor performances

Not easy being the optimist in the family you know, got me dad on the left moaning about every F***ing thing, then me mate on the right who refuses to get behind Rafa  :roll:
      Had the last laugh though, I do love to sarcastically cheer Babel for every touch!   :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #95: Feb 19, 2010 12:54:08 am
      Carra got my vote. Thought he was boss!
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #96: Feb 19, 2010 12:55:29 am
      Went with Babel  :o  (never thought I'd be saying that)

Thought he really pulled his finger out tonight and wasn't afraid to run with the ball for once
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #97: Feb 19, 2010 12:57:45 am
      I've gone for Pacheco. Just simply because he came on and created the chance for the goal.

Babel ran a close second though. Our attack changed when he came on.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #98: Feb 19, 2010 01:00:01 am
      Wonder if Rafa might play Torres (if fit) as well as Pacheco up top for the 2nd leg, see if there's any chemistry...

... probably not   :f_tongueincheek:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #99: Feb 19, 2010 01:00:06 am
      I've gone for Pacheco. Just simply because he came on and created the chance for the goal.

Babel ran a close second though. Our attack changed when he came on.

You soft get!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #100: Feb 19, 2010 01:01:26 am

:lmao:

Why? I'm intrigued now. :D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #101: Feb 19, 2010 01:02:00 am

Carra got it for me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #102: Feb 19, 2010 01:03:25 am

Got what from where?
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #103: Feb 19, 2010 01:03:41 am
      Didn't see this banner on the telly, just saw it on the website

Quality stuff   ;)

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #104: Feb 19, 2010 01:04:58 am

Got that from there.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #105: Feb 19, 2010 01:05:18 am
      Didn't see this banner on the telly, just saw it on the website

Quality stuff   ;)

Boss that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #106: Feb 19, 2010 01:07:45 am

I hope he enjoyed it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #107: Feb 19, 2010 01:08:32 am
      Went for Pacheco, no one really stood out but he got a chance to make an impact and he did. Hopefully stand him in good stead for some part of the next few games.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #108: Feb 19, 2010 01:09:21 am

Dirty b***ard.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #109: Feb 19, 2010 01:15:13 am
      Thank you Joseph. Now start up the man of the match award. ;)

Where's all the Insua must start and Insua is the best left back at the club posts anyway. Every time the young Argentine had a bad game, the Aurelio bandwagon would come storming through - well tonight proved why I'd rather have Insua every game. Aurelio was a shambles tonight - there was a few others who played as badly though.

Can't see how Fabio was a shambles mate. We had nothing coming at us down the left. The only thing Fabio was useless at was being arsed, just like the rest of them until the last 20 minutes of the second half or so.

Personally, I don't think last night is a night for singling people out apart from Rafa.

It was a disgrace to see how all the lads' attitude was to the game. It was a disgrace to the attitude of practically 85% of the 'supporters' in the ground apart from probably a few hundred in the back of the Kop and a good crowd in the corner of the Anny Rd (the red corner).

And the reason why I'm singling Rafa out is because he deserves criticism and praise. Criticism for persisting with Aquilani behind Gerrard. Doesn't make sense to me that. Gerrard became the player he is through being a central midfielder with Liverpool FC. While Torres is out, I would have him back in midfield for the team. What's the point in playing a player like Aquilani, deep and behind Gerrard? Surely a player like Aquilani is a player to feed!
      But the change was needed and the change was made, so praise for that. Babel came on and had a go! How much was that needed? Very much. Dani Pacheco came on and injected some life into the the attack down the right and around the box.

A lot of people need a reality check - players and fans alike. We haven't won any silverware for a while now. We got the win. But that certainly wasn't good enough in my book. We played most of that match like it was a friendly and that is bang out of order.  

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #110: Feb 19, 2010 01:20:34 am
      Can't see how Fabio was a shambles mate. We had nothing coming at us down the left. The only thing Fabio was useless at was being arsed, just like the rest of them until the last 20 minutes of the second half or so.

Personally, I don't think last night is a night for singling people out apart from Rafa.

It was a disgrace to see how all the lads' attitude was to the game. It was a disgrace to the attitude of practically 85% of the 'supporters' in the ground apart from probably a few hundred in the back of the Kop and a good crowd in the corner of the Anny Rd (the red corner).

And the reason why I'm singling Rafa out is because he deserves criticism and praise. Criticism for persisting with Aquilani behind Gerrard. Doesn't make sense to me that. Gerrard became the player he is through being a central midfielder with Liverpool FC. While Torres is out, I would have him back in midfield for the team. What's the point in playing a player like Aquilani, deep and behind Gerrard? Surely a player like Aquilani is a player to feed!
      But the change was needed and the change was made, so praise for that. Babel came on and had a go! How much was that needed? Very much. Dani Pacheco came on and injected some life into the the attack down the right and around the box.

A lot of people need a reality check - players and fans alike. We haven't won any silverware for a while now. We got the win. But that certainly wasn't good enough in my book. We played most of that match like it was a friendly and that is bang out of order. 

We had nothing coming at us at all mate, they got a nosebleed if they crossed the halfway line. But Aurelio's delivery from out wide was a shambles as was his set piece delivery. That free kick he tried to bend in the bottom corner fro about 40 yards out was a joke.

I do agree though that some of the players played with very little passion which is why I voted for Carra as man of the match because I thought he did show a bit as did Stevie. Gerrard put himself about a lot more than I was expecting and thankfully he wasn't diving every two minutes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #111: Feb 19, 2010 01:22:42 am
      We played most of that match like it was a friendly and that is bang out of order.  

This.

The thing is though, the way we started and came close after about 30 seconds I thought the team were well and truly up for it, ready to send out a statement they they plan on storming through the Europa League.

The thing what has annoyed me more though is Gerrard's post match interview. To me it was as if he was basically saying the plan was to take this match easy and settle with just a 1-0 win and then go over there and win a lot more comfortably. Well Steven Gerrard, you have said you are confident of going there and getting an easier win so you and everyone else had bloody better well deliver!

Quote from: Steven Gerrard

"I am confident we will get more joy away from home against them. They will have to try to beat us and we can kill them off."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/gerrard-we-ll-finish-job-off

sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #112: Feb 19, 2010 01:26:26 am
      Am I the only one that thought we played well tonight?

Yes, we only scored one goal, but we completely controlled the game against a decent side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #113: Feb 19, 2010 01:28:57 am
      Am I the only one that thought we played well tonight?

Yes, we only scored one goal, but we completely controlled the game against a decent side.

I think you are yes.

We controlled the game but in truth created very little and were restricted to long shots. Also we spent most the game passing it sideways with no attempt of movement from those in the box.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #114: Feb 19, 2010 02:57:37 am
      We got the win and another clean sheet but we were very poor.

We had loads of possession but lacked the final pass again, to be fair Aquilani was very disappointing and showed no more creativity than Lucas has done thus far this season. Our delivery was at times frustrating in particular down the left side both Aurelio and Riera were piss, especially the latter of the two. Whilst I am going on about Riera I dint understand players like him and their state of mind at times he has been on the bench and not involved the last 3-4 matches the boss gives you a run from the beginning instead of being hungry to cement that position and make it his own he jogs around like some sort of pre madona.

Gerrard needs to be pushed back in the middle next to Masch we looked more determined and composed in attack when Stevie dropped back.

Glad we got the win could have been better but we definitely need to approach the game on Sunday with a more determined attitude if we are to topple city for that 4th spot.

Quick Reply