Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Our Financial State and manager ideas.

Read 10469 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Our Financial State
      Reply #46: Mar 11, 2010 10:52:12 am
      Don't know why people are even thinking about RBS to be honest, do you really seriously think Tom & George would not sell the family silverware to pay back to the debt at the risk of losing their investment ?

The main concern for me is if we don't find investment and the 100 million needs to be raised to pay RBS, then players will be sold to ensure the repayment is met.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6959 
      Reply #47: Mar 11, 2010 11:02:17 am
      Don't know why people are even thinking about RBS to be honest, do you really seriously think Tom & George would not sell the family silverware to pay back to the debt at the risk of losing their investment ?

The main concern for me is if we don't find investment and the 100 million needs to be raised to pay RBS, then players will be sold to ensure the repayment is met.
      What investment?

They've already said they would not put any of their own money in to buy Liverpool.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: Mar 11, 2010 11:04:18 am

To be honest Red mate I don't think they have any family silver to sell as such.  They are both pretty much broke hence why they have been selling off their other sports interests.  From what I heard yesterday Hicks planned sale of the Texas Rangers which should all have been finalised this month has hit the skids too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #49: Mar 11, 2010 11:57:33 am
      RBS will end up getting involved if they can't come up with money.

If a bank issuse a forclosure, they take your house, sell it, and get what they are owed back. Simple as.

It is exactly what they'll do with us if H&G can't come up with 100M.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Mar 11, 2010 12:07:55 pm
      What investment?

They've already said they would not put any of their own money in to buy Liverpool.

To be honest Red mate I don't think they have any family silver to sell as such.  

I know they haven't Invested any of their own money JD and they will continue not to, but when I say sell of the Silveware, the 100 million will be raised through players sales, they know themselves that if they significantly lower the debt level there is a greater profit in it for them.

Lets be honest here for a moment lets say you could not make the repayments on a five grand loan, and there was a possibility of losing your home, now if you had a five grand car sat on your drive, you'd sell your car before losing your home as your home is your real investment.

Same applies here, do you really think they will not sell players to raise 100 million and hand the club over to RBS ?

Will they F**k, they are greedy cheating caniving little scrotums that will do anything within their power to hold onto LFC as when the club is effectively payed for with other peoples money , they stand to make a fortune.

Bearing in mind when this 100 million is re-payed, the clubs debts go down to around 127 million, another couple of years in it for them sticking with the same transfer embargo, will gladly see all that debt erased and they have total control of the club for diddly squat.

20 million standard chartered, + 50 million Masch to Barca, + 30 million Gerrard to Madrid, = theres their 100 million in two players.

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010 12:19:12 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Mar 11, 2010 12:16:56 pm
      I know they haven't Invested any of their own money JD and they will continue not to, but when I say sell of the Silveware, the 100 million will be raised through players sales, they know themselves that if they significantly lower the debt level there is a greater profit in it for them.

Lets be honest here for a moment lets say you could not make the repayments on a five grand loan, and there was a possibility of losing your home, now if you had a five grand car sat on your drive, you'd sell your car before losing your home as your home is your real investment.

Same applies here, do you really think they will not sell players to raise 100 million and hand the club over to RBS ?

Will they f**k, they are greedy cheating caniving little scrotums that will do anything within their power to hold onto LFC as when the club is effectively payed for with other peoples money , they stand to make a fortune.

Sorry mate thought you meant their own silver not ours.  Yes it's more than likely they will sell players if outside investment doesn't materialise all we can do is hope that somebody steps in.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Mar 11, 2010 12:23:48 pm
      Only thing is if they sell off the players then the club also loses value. Thats why Portsmouth let go over eighty staff but kept all the players.
      Rock - Hard place
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Mar 11, 2010 12:26:46 pm
      Only thing is if they sell off the players then the club also loses value. Thats why Portsmouth let go over eighty staff but kept all the players.
      Rock - Hard place

2 players out, 2 players brought in on freebies, yes the value of the club suffers but that makes no difference to them as they will still ultimately make a profit, whereas by losing their control to RBS they gain nothing !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #54: Mar 11, 2010 12:30:42 pm
      2 players out, 2 players brought in on freebies, yes the value of the club suffers but that makes no difference to them as they will still ultimately make a profit, whereas by losing their control to RBS they gain nothing !

A Liverpool without Torres Gerrard Mascherano or Reina would be of less value than a Liverpool with them. Although at that point they would have recouped large amounts of money on player sales so they get their money one way or the other in the end.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #55: Mar 11, 2010 12:32:34 pm

Agreed mate as the real value of the club to them is the stadium which is why they are desperate for the outside investment.  They know that if the new stadium is started they are more likely to get the investment or a buyer to take over completely.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Mar 11, 2010 12:37:53 pm
      A Liverpool without Torres Gerrard Mascherano or Reina would be of less value than a Liverpool with them. Although at that point they would have recouped large amounts of money on player sales so they get their money one way or the other in the end.

You can't say though mate really, now imagine the sale of Gerrard and Masch gave Aquilani and Pachecho and what ever freebies were brought in the platform to step into the team and we won the league, would our stock not rise, even without afore mentioned players ?

There are so many scenarios to look at it, but common sense tells you, Liverpool is more valuable to them minus players than it is in RBS hands.

Say for instance they are wanting 450 million for the club as it stands with 237 million debt what ever, they would make around 223 million profit. They lose the club to RBS all the debt gets paid before they do, By selling one or two players the debt goes down around 137 million they ask 350 million for the club, they are still making around the same profit.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010 12:47:26 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Mar 11, 2010 12:57:34 pm
      That was my point. They get less money for the club but still end up making the same profit.
      Only way out is if the banks force them to sell up... Otherwise the gready duo make a mint of the back of the club one way or another.
      If they sold every quality player we had they could then sell up in the summer as someone would surely come in with 200M but where does
      that leave the club. Midtable. Then we only have the hope that Rafas redesigned youth system can bail us out
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #58: Mar 11, 2010 01:10:59 pm
      That was my point. They get less money for the club but still end up making the same profit.
      Only way out is if the banks force them to sell up... Otherwise the gready duo make a mint of the back of the club one way or another.
      If they sold every quality player we had they could then sell up in the summer as someone would surely come in with 200M but where does
      that leave the club. Midtable. Then we only have the hope that Rafas redesigned youth system can bail us out

I posted this the other day in the Is Rafa the right man thread.  This scenario is not as far fetched as it seems under the circumstances.  Twit & T**t have no intentions of investing, never have had, all they want is to make money out of us and they will do whatever it takes to achieve this regardless of our feelings or the needs of the Club.

Roll on next season when we have a fabulous new Manager that nobody has heard of, Carra has left for pastures new cos Rafa didn't have the money to give him the contract he wanted, Gerrard playing in Real or Barca colours with Torres, Masch and Pepe following suit so the banks can be paid and everbody gets their wish to see the reserve team playing every week. 

At least we can all relax in the warm glow that we should at least be good enough to win the Championship once we get relegated.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #59: Mar 11, 2010 01:13:19 pm
      I'm not as clued up as some of the posters on this forum but I think we all know the sh*t we are in. Personally I believe the only people to blame for this whole mess are Rick Parry and David Moores. As custodians of the club it was their responsibility to ensure we (LFC) was placed in the best possible hands. What was wrong DIC's money? I also remember readin comments made by Steve Morgans wife that Parry and Moores would rather do business with the devil then with her husband Steve Morgan.

Morgan at least was an LFC supporter. At least he would've had the best interest of the club at heart.

How is it that clubs like Man City and Chelsea were able to attract owners with deep pockets, even though they hadn't won anything for donkeys years and don't have the history of LFC?

I feel depressed............... ..
      tear
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #60: Mar 11, 2010 01:20:51 pm
      well i tell you all what
      if torres or gerrard is sold then that's going to be the end of their tenure
      mark it
      it really hurts me to see us in this condition
      when i became a passionate fan i didnt know anything about this
      infact when the season got over and then i started surfing about lfc and then i realised what a great mess we are in and i questioned why has to why have i fallen in love with lfc
      but there isnt any thing i can do about it for i am in love with lfc
      i wish i was another club supporter which would have given me happiness
      lfc HURTS me

it effects the rest of my life
      all i pray to god 24x7n is to get these blood sucking parasites out of my beloved lfc

lfc even after death
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Mar 11, 2010 01:21:12 pm
      There could be light at the end of the tunnel meaning we would not have to settle for mid table mediocrity, I guess it would all depend on how it was played out, but heres a scenario for you.

20 million standard Chartered.

50 million Masch to Barca.

30 million Gerrard to Madrid.

RBS paid.

100 million Torres Man City/Barca/Chelsea

8 million or so Voronin and Dossena its allegedly rolling over.

10 million kuyt, 10 million Babel.

giving you 128 million losing 5 players.

40 million Aguero.

15 million Mata.

25 million Silva.

15 million Javi Martinez.

15 million Turan.

18 million Jermaine Defoe.

Gaining 6 players and replacing an English man with an English man for the home grown ruling.

would something like that be seen as acceptable ?
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010 01:26:49 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #62: Mar 11, 2010 01:26:40 pm
      I'm not as clued up as some of the posters on this forum but I think we all know the sh*t we are in. Personally I believe the only people to blame for this whole mess are Rick Parry and David Moores. As custodians of the club it was their responsibility to ensure we (LFC) was placed in the best possible hands. What was wrong DIC's money? I also remember readin comments made by Steve Morgans wife that Parry and Moores would rather do business with the devil then with her husband Steve Morgan.

Morgan at least was an LFC supporter. At least he would've had the best interest of the club at heart.

How is it that clubs like Man City and Chelsea were able to attract owners with deep pockets, even though they hadn't won anything for donkeys years and don't have the history of LFC?

I feel depressed............... ..

We were all conned mate before and since the takeover, I'd even say some are still being taken in by their lies.  We were an easy target for easy money in their eyes.

As for owners who have taken over other less successful clubs maybe we weren't a big enough challenge for them because of our success and history.  Businessmen are a breed on their own.
      There could be light at the end of the tunnel meaning we would not have to settle for mid table mediocrity, I guess it would all depend on how it was played out, but heres a scenario for you.

RBS paid.

40 million Aguero.

15 million Mata.

25 million Silva.

15 million Turan.

Nice scenario that mate but you know as well as I do that any money raised will not go on bringing in quality players.  After the debt has been paid this summer any other revenue will go on starting the stadium as that, more than footballing success, will bring in more revenue for the bloodsuckers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Mar 11, 2010 01:39:32 pm

RBS paid.

40 million Aguero.

15 million Mata.

25 million Silva.

15 million Turan.

Gaining 6 players and replacing an English man with an English man for the home grown ruling.

You mentioned Aquero Mata and Silva then suddenly it all felt a bit better.. Nice! +
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #64: Mar 11, 2010 01:50:36 pm
      You mentioned Aquero Mata and Silva then suddenly it all felt a bit better.. Nice! +

I'm neither this glass is half full or this glass is half empty kinda guy mate, all I know is, I need a refill. :D
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #65: Mar 11, 2010 02:40:42 pm

god no, jesus h christ thats insane
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #66: Mar 11, 2010 03:25:33 pm
      Nice scenario that mate but you know as well as I do that any money raised will not go on bringing in quality players.  After the debt has been paid this summer any other revenue will go on starting the stadium as that, more than footballing success, will bring in more revenue for the bloodsuckers.

indeed, 128m raised from player sales, i can barely see less than half being re-invested back in the squad with majority going on new stadium start up and lining the c***s pockets

Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #67: Mar 11, 2010 04:06:41 pm
      The thing is, that if we would sell players like Nando, Gerrard and Masch and get at least 100 million, we can't be sure that the players that we would like to buy to replace them will come here (like Chelsea is interested in Aguero, and if they have a good season this year, he would probably choose them). That way we would have a lot of money, but there wouldn't be any use for it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #68: Mar 11, 2010 04:15:47 pm
      No Redblood and what right minded top player is going to sign for a club that is selling all there top players.

So Aguero would choose us if we sold Gerrard Torres and his captain at national level Masch ahead of teams like City Utd Chelsea.  To be honest that could be said of all the players you've listed. I think there is more chance of Alex Ferguson taking over in the Summer if Benitez goes.

Quick Reply