Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 20th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W17 D7 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 389109 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3059: Sep 15, 2015 10:00:11 pm
      I had Juve at 10/3 but it's United that let me down for £105

Mine was £30 on:

PSG
      Real
      Wolfsberg
      Benfica
      Atletico
      Sevilla
      City

for about £500 I think, typical knew it would be City if anyone too, think I get it back as a free bet as only 1 let me down, still it's not the point they should have been out of sight.

Surprised you put United in mate after watching how dire they were against us but still I should stick to the nags.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3060: Oct 17, 2015 03:50:27 pm
      First half hat-trick for Raheem today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #3061: Oct 17, 2015 04:44:22 pm

Despite his antics he is a quality footballer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #3062: Oct 17, 2015 07:57:10 pm

Who effing cares?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #3063: Oct 17, 2015 07:58:06 pm

I'm still interested to see if he hits the heights I think he can.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #3064: Oct 17, 2015 07:59:49 pm
      I'm still interested to see if he hits the heights I think he can.

I'm not....spoiled little pr**k and couldn't care less if he ever becomes anything...actually hope he doesn't. We've got much bigger things to worry about than whether Sterling ever becomes worth the money Man City paid for him. I wouldn't care if he ever scored another goal again. No reason to wish him well, no reason to appreciate if he is successful.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #3065: Oct 17, 2015 10:26:49 pm
      I'm not....spoiled little pr**k and couldn't care less if he ever becomes anything...actually hope he doesn't. We've got much bigger things to worry about than whether Sterling ever becomes worth the money Man City paid for him. I wouldn't care if he ever scored another goal again. No reason to wish him well, no reason to appreciate if he is successful.

Jesus FL I'm not worried about him mate, just curious to see how he progresses.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3066: Oct 17, 2015 10:30:49 pm
      Well done, snake. Finally found your shooting boots. Only took 3 seasons.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3067: Oct 17, 2015 11:15:38 pm
      Well done, snake. Finally found your shooting boots. Only took 3 seasons.

Eh?  he scored a fantastically composed opening goal in the game against City in April of 2014, the game that was supposed to be the title decider.  That was a huge goal. 

The next week we went away to Norwich and had to win again, and he scored an absolute screamer.  Not only top quality goals but absolute top quality when it mattered.

Anyway.  Sterling was already a cracking player, and he will become an even better one.

I said it back in May when it came out that he apparently wanted to stay but only if we got rid of Rodgers.  I said back then I'd rather have Klopp and Sterling than Rodgers without Sterling.  Sterling would have contributed much more to our long term success than Rodgers ever would have.

But no.  We sold Sterling and bought Benteke, who is made of glass and lo and behold is injured.  Oh and then we got rid of Rodgers anyway. 

Should've just gotten rid of Rodgers in May after the loss at Stoke.  Bring in Klopp and see if Sterling really was true to his word.  If we brought in Klopp and he still wanted to go then fine, sell him.  But I think he saw through Rodgers' rubbish and realized if he signed a new contract and Rodgers stayed then he would go through another season of being pushed out to left back/left wingback/right wingback/whatever Rodgers had in his crazy mind on the day.  People say that staying with us was the best for his development but how could it have been best for his development to play under a manager who had no clue what he was doing and who wouldn't play him in his best position?

If the situation was, "Rodgers isn't going anywhere, so either sign the new contract or leave" then I don't blame him.  His growth as a player was being stunted by Rodgers.  I wish FSG would've just sacked Rodgers after last season and seen if it really was about football before the sold Sterling.  I think Klopp could've made him into a world-class player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3068: Oct 17, 2015 11:27:42 pm
      Eh?  he scored a fantastically composed opening goal in the game against City in April of 2014, the game that was supposed to be the title decider.  That was a huge goal. 

The next week we went away to Norwich and had to win again, and he scored an absolute screamer.  Not only top quality goals but absolute top quality when it mattered.

Anyway.  Sterling was already a cracking player, and he will become an even better one.

I said it back in May when it came out that he apparently wanted to stay but only if we got rid of Rodgers.  I said back then I'd rather have Klopp and Sterling than Rodgers without Sterling.  Sterling would have contributed much more to our long term success than Rodgers ever would have.

But no.  We sold Sterling and bought Benteke, who is made of glass and lo and behold is injured.  Oh and then we got rid of Rodgers anyway. 

Should've just gotten rid of Rodgers in May after the loss at Stoke.  Bring in Klopp and see if Sterling really was true to his word.  If we brought in Klopp and he still wanted to go then fine, sell him.  But I think he saw through Rodgers' rubbish and realized if he signed a new contract and Rodgers stayed then he would go through another season of being pushed out to left back/left wingback/right wingback/whatever Rodgers had in his crazy mind on the day.  People say that staying with us was the best for his development but how could it have been best for his development to play under a manager who had no clue what he was doing and who wouldn't play him in his best position?

If the situation was, "Rodgers isn't going anywhere, so either sign the new contract or leave" then I don't blame him.  His growth as a player was being stunted by Rodgers.  I wish FSG would've just sacked Rodgers after last season and seen if it really was about football before the sold Sterling.  I think Klopp could've made him into a world-class player.

There was never anything official about Sterling saying he'd stay if Brendan went. If such a statement was made then it was a dick move by Sterling considering all that Brendan had done for him both on and off the pitch. It also sets a dangerous precedent when a player starts trying to dictate what happens with the managerial situation. He's a kid not a board member. He didn't realise that though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3069: Oct 17, 2015 11:51:41 pm

He scored one nice goal. And the Norwich goal deflected off the defender.

Remember all those sitters he missed? The ones where he wanted to hold the club to ransom and couldn't hit the target from 5 yards out?

He missed a half dozen chances for City in their games prior to today's match, also.

The kid has talent, he is powerful and quick, but shooting and his end product are not one of them no matter how much you want to paint it out that way.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3070: Oct 18, 2015 12:09:41 am
      Alright he scored a hattrick against Bournemouth. Doesn't make him worth £50million. He's had a good moment now lets wait to see how he fucks it up outside of the pitch, just watch.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #3071: Oct 18, 2015 12:17:34 am
      Another step toward what we all know he is capable of. For his own sake and justification he needs to do it against a team of a higher quality than Bournemouth. The big issue I always had was how he faired against "big teams" or tough opponents. 0-0 away to Bayern is he going to step up and get that winner? He hasn't shown that yet for me.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #3072: Oct 20, 2015 12:51:13 pm
      according to his Agent he should still be a liverpool Player and its all down to Brendan. He would have flourished under Klopp.Like him or not if he continues to improve he is going to be someplayer
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3073: Oct 20, 2015 01:05:12 pm
      according to his Agent he should still be a liverpool Player and its all down to Brendan. He would have flourished under Klopp.Like him or not if he continues to improve he is going to be someplayer

Was just coming on to post about this. I wish his agent would F***ing do one though. One minute he can't get his player a better deal elsewhere and next minute he should still be at Liverpool. I don't believe for one minute that we wouldn't put a release clause in his contract though, it was probably the fact that Sterling's party wanted it to be peanuts and we said no to that.

His agent also said: "He's going to get the best out of those players. It could have been a dream come true." A dream come true? Suarez, Gerrard and Torres in their primes are dreams come true, Sterling is just a cry baby that couldn't get his own way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3074: Oct 20, 2015 01:06:15 pm

In what way do you see him improving? He is already lightning quick, that pace will only get slower from now on. Has his game intelligence improved much, hard to say really, maybe a bit but then he is now surrounded by better players than at LFC. Crucially has his finishing improved, I'd have to say no and until it does he will not be worthy of £50 million and will certainly not be world class.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,311 posts | 4437 
      Reply #3075: Oct 20, 2015 01:48:48 pm
      Usual rubbish from a agent who has burnt his bridges with LFC now wanting to still do business in the future. Leech.......
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,949 posts | 1481 
      Reply #3076: Oct 20, 2015 02:02:28 pm
      When this agent gets a cut of the £49m transfer fee, even 5%, you can never really believe the words "he would have stayed".

When you get a big payday by moving your client to another club, you'll push for a move no matter what. Who's gonna believe this sh*t you are saying Aidy?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #3077: Oct 20, 2015 02:56:51 pm
      Here's the article in question:

Raheem Sterling should still be at Liverpool, working with Jürgen Klopp could have been a dream... agent Aidy Ward on that £49m move and how Brendan Rodgers was wrong

Raheem Sterling's agent speaks out for the first time since £49m transfer

Aidy Ward is critical of former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

If Sterling had stayed at Liverpool and worked under Jürgen Klopp it would have been the ideal situation, he says

Sterling is in 'a good place' at City, according to Ward

Aidy Ward was vilified in the summer. This football agent's crime was to give 'bad advice' to one of his clients, Raheem Sterling.

'Let me tell you about advice,' Ward says to me firmly. 'In that documentary Being Liverpool, when Brendan Rodgers pulled Raheem on camera - it went on TV - and said he'd be on the first plane home (from a pre-season trip to the USA) if he answered back to him again, what do you think Raheem did after that?

'He called me, telling me he had not said what the manager had accused him of saying. I listened, and then said to Raheem: "Go and apologise to the manager, and get your head down and work hard".

'Brendan was so impressed that Raheem had apologised that he then put him in the first team. Do all these people think that was me giving him bad advice?'

Ward acts older than his 34 years. He sounds older. He is calm and exudes confidence without coming across as arrogant, which is a difficult balance to get right. He's got a sense of humour, but I get the impression he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

He's a man who is very selective about who he trusts and who he speaks to, and that's understandable after comments made off the record to a journalist earlier this year were published and attributed to him.

'I was being criticised and my back was against the wall a bit, so I would have changed the way some stuff came out into the public domain, that's my only regret.'

Sterling and Ward became hate figures, the player is still being booed at some grounds (bizarrely Spurs fans booed him recently), and he can expect to be given a hot reception when he returns to Anfield later in the season having left Merseyside in a £49million transfer to Manchester City during the summer.

Ward knows how much ill-feeling there will be towards him and Sterling back at Liverpool.

'I became the bad guy, that's how I was portrayed,' he said. 'It started from the PR behind Liverpool. There is no issue with the fans there, they don't know the full story, and there are lots of good people at Liverpool.

'I had no problem with (chief executive) Ian Ayre for example. I have no issue with anyone but Rodgers. He had a massive job with massive funds. How did he do? Good coach, but as a manager I didn't like certain things about how he dealt with Raheem.

'Fifty per cent of the players would probably tell you Brendan is not a good manager, but he is a good coach.'

The 'PR machine' Ward refers to involves ex-Liverpool players who now work in the media and will always defend the club.

John Aldridge, a legend as a striker at Anfield, took it one step further and got personal with Ward when he said: 'I bet he's never kicked a ball in his life but thinks he knows all there is to know about the game.

'If he knew about the game he'd know about respect. What the agent has done to Sterling has been absolutely woeful. He hasn't just tarnished his own reputation he's tarnished the reputation of Raheem Sterling.'

Ward has kicked a ball, but hopes of a professional career were robbed of him very early on. He was a centre half with dreams of being a midfielder in the Tom Huddlestone mould. He was with Fulham as a teenager, but an infection in his pelvis ended his chances of making it, just as he thought he would earn a contract while training with Bradford City.

Sterling is top of the table, happy after his hat-trick, playing Champions League football and a certain starter in a full-strength England team that has just won all of its qualifiers. Has Ward been 'woeful' for Sterling? You decide.

And what of the new manager over at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp? As I mention the name there is a little chuckle in his voice. Is it wistful? Maybe that's going too far. There's a curiosity for sure - Ward is intrigued.

'The new Liverpool manager probably would have been a great fit for Raheem - passionate, disciplined in the right way, new ideas, not afraid of trying new things,' said Ward. 'He'll do great at Liverpool.

'Would Raheem under Klopp have been a good scenario? Yes, 100 per cent, definitely, mainly because of the person Klopp is - the passion, the drive, the emotion, wanting to achieve.

'Raheem has all of this, but you won't always see it outwardly. Working with Klopp - that could have been great. He's going to get the best out of those players. It could have been a dream come true.'

While Rodgers was still Liverpool manager, Ward did not want to speak about events leading up to Sterling's departure. But now it's time to put his side of the story out there. This is Ward's first ever official interview about the Sterling saga.

'Raheem could've stayed, he should be at Liverpool. I think for me it was like he was being told to be a good boy and sign a contract. In December I spoke to Liverpool and said we'll sign a contract if there is a buy-out clause - those clauses are now common practice. They said no to that.

'Then there was an underhandedness, there were sly remarks. In press conferences, Brendan told everyone Raheem would sign - why do that? I knew, Brendan knew and Liverpool knew there was an issue. Right now he probably should be a Liverpool player, but he's not and he's in a great place at City.'

It's easy to forget that Sterling is still only 20 years old. His form was analysed and criticised last season, some even suggested in the summer it was pointless moving to Manchester City because he wouldn't get into the starting line-up.

'It was an emotional rollercoaster for Raheem for sure, but in all competitions, including for England, he still scored more goals last season than he had scored the season before (12 compared with 10 in 2013-14).

'The only club I didn't speak to from all the super-powers was Barcelona - they were the only ones, and that was because they had a transfer embargo, so it was pointless.

'But you know Xavi came out and said Raheem is a world-class player in the making and could play at Barca in the future. In the end it was Manchester City and I thought he's got a job to do, go and do it, and he's doing it.

'So those who thought he would be a sub - what did they think of his performance last weekend? He's scoring (six for club and country so far this season), he's playing, what's the opinion of those critics now? Are they trying to destabilise Raheem? Or back him so a young England player can compete at the very highest level in the Premier League, the Champions League and on the international stage?'

Ward displays hints of anger here - anger with what he feels is an imbalance in how the media treat Sterling. There have been a lot of stories about Sterling 'partying', but has there been enough focus on the football?

'Raheem is a young man. Doesn't make it right, but he can learn. We make mistakes at that age. I can't condone what he did, but he was a young man. Let him breathe and we'll see how he goes and if he's affected by the big move.

'If Raheem is caught in a situation when he does something silly off the field every paper picks it up. He scored a hat-trick and there is barely a mention of it. Let him breathe.'

So let's focus on the football. Back to Rodgers, and what were the 'certain things' that Ward didn't like about how he dealt with Sterling?

'Last season I thought subliminal messages were being sent to Raheem. Why would Liverpool play him at left wing back? Would you play Simon Mignolet up front? I think it was the game against Manchester United, he was played as an attacking midfielder, moved to right back, then up front, then left back, and eventually back to attacking midfielder. I was watching thinking: "Well this is interesting".'

It was also interesting to hear Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini make it clear after Saturday's hat-trick that Sterling is 'not a striker'.

It appears that manager and player are communicating well at City, and everything about their relationship and the role Sterling is being asked to perform is absolutely clear. Ward has high praise for everyone at Manchester City, especially assistant manager Brian Kidd who has been doing extra sessions with Sterling individually, working on his finishing.

So Sterling is in a good place, and as Ward relaxed into the interview, it looks like he's in a good place too. Looking back now, does he hold regrets about how the situation at Liverpool was handled?

'Yes I do and no I don't. Let me explain. Look at Raheem now, he's buzzing, he's happy and he's at a good club, with good players, a good manager, good coaches and good staff. He's in a good place.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3280467/Liverpool-underhand-handling-Raheem-Sterling-says-agent-Aidy-Ward.html

What a septic human being! Kicking a man while he's down is very mature.

If Raheem would have liked working under Klopp then he should have shown faith in the club. If Rodgers didn't meet the clubs expectations he would go, and if he had any faith he would have stayed.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,722 posts | 3556 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3078: Oct 20, 2015 03:29:52 pm
      Here's the article in question:

Raheem Sterling should still be at Liverpool, working with Jürgen Klopp could have been a dream... agent Aidy Ward on that £49m move and how Brendan Rodgers was wrong

Raheem Sterling's agent speaks out for the first time since £49m transfer

Aidy Ward is critical of former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

If Sterling had stayed at Liverpool and worked under Jürgen Klopp it would have been the ideal situation, he says

Sterling is in 'a good place' at City, according to Ward

Aidy Ward was vilified in the summer. This football agent's crime was to give 'bad advice' to one of his clients, Raheem Sterling.

'Let me tell you about advice,' Ward says to me firmly. 'In that documentary Being Liverpool, when Brendan Rodgers pulled Raheem on camera - it went on TV - and said he'd be on the first plane home (from a pre-season trip to the USA) if he answered back to him again, what do you think Raheem did after that?

'He called me, telling me he had not said what the manager had accused him of saying. I listened, and then said to Raheem: "Go and apologise to the manager, and get your head down and work hard".

'Brendan was so impressed that Raheem had apologised that he then put him in the first team. Do all these people think that was me giving him bad advice?'

Ward acts older than his 34 years. He sounds older. He is calm and exudes confidence without coming across as arrogant, which is a difficult balance to get right. He's got a sense of humour, but I get the impression he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

He's a man who is very selective about who he trusts and who he speaks to, and that's understandable after comments made off the record to a journalist earlier this year were published and attributed to him.

'I was being criticised and my back was against the wall a bit, so I would have changed the way some stuff came out into the public domain, that's my only regret.'

Sterling and Ward became hate figures, the player is still being booed at some grounds (bizarrely Spurs fans booed him recently), and he can expect to be given a hot reception when he returns to Anfield later in the season having left Merseyside in a £49million transfer to Manchester City during the summer.

Ward knows how much ill-feeling there will be towards him and Sterling back at Liverpool.

'I became the bad guy, that's how I was portrayed,' he said. 'It started from the PR behind Liverpool. There is no issue with the fans there, they don't know the full story, and there are lots of good people at Liverpool.

'I had no problem with (chief executive) Ian Ayre for example. I have no issue with anyone but Rodgers. He had a massive job with massive funds. How did he do? Good coach, but as a manager I didn't like certain things about how he dealt with Raheem.

'Fifty per cent of the players would probably tell you Brendan is not a good manager, but he is a good coach.'

The 'PR machine' Ward refers to involves ex-Liverpool players who now work in the media and will always defend the club.

John Aldridge, a legend as a striker at Anfield, took it one step further and got personal with Ward when he said: 'I bet he's never kicked a ball in his life but thinks he knows all there is to know about the game.

'If he knew about the game he'd know about respect. What the agent has done to Sterling has been absolutely woeful. He hasn't just tarnished his own reputation he's tarnished the reputation of Raheem Sterling.'

Ward has kicked a ball, but hopes of a professional career were robbed of him very early on. He was a centre half with dreams of being a midfielder in the Tom Huddlestone mould. He was with Fulham as a teenager, but an infection in his pelvis ended his chances of making it, just as he thought he would earn a contract while training with Bradford City.

Sterling is top of the table, happy after his hat-trick, playing Champions League football and a certain starter in a full-strength England team that has just won all of its qualifiers. Has Ward been 'woeful' for Sterling? You decide.

And what of the new manager over at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp? As I mention the name there is a little chuckle in his voice. Is it wistful? Maybe that's going too far. There's a curiosity for sure - Ward is intrigued.

'The new Liverpool manager probably would have been a great fit for Raheem - passionate, disciplined in the right way, new ideas, not afraid of trying new things,' said Ward. 'He'll do great at Liverpool.

'Would Raheem under Klopp have been a good scenario? Yes, 100 per cent, definitely, mainly because of the person Klopp is - the passion, the drive, the emotion, wanting to achieve.

'Raheem has all of this, but you won't always see it outwardly. Working with Klopp - that could have been great. He's going to get the best out of those players. It could have been a dream come true.'

While Rodgers was still Liverpool manager, Ward did not want to speak about events leading up to Sterling's departure. But now it's time to put his side of the story out there. This is Ward's first ever official interview about the Sterling saga.

'Raheem could've stayed, he should be at Liverpool. I think for me it was like he was being told to be a good boy and sign a contract. In December I spoke to Liverpool and said we'll sign a contract if there is a buy-out clause - those clauses are now common practice. They said no to that.

'Then there was an underhandedness, there were sly remarks. In press conferences, Brendan told everyone Raheem would sign - why do that? I knew, Brendan knew and Liverpool knew there was an issue. Right now he probably should be a Liverpool player, but he's not and he's in a great place at City.'

It's easy to forget that Sterling is still only 20 years old. His form was analysed and criticised last season, some even suggested in the summer it was pointless moving to Manchester City because he wouldn't get into the starting line-up.

'It was an emotional rollercoaster for Raheem for sure, but in all competitions, including for England, he still scored more goals last season than he had scored the season before (12 compared with 10 in 2013-14).

'The only club I didn't speak to from all the super-powers was Barcelona - they were the only ones, and that was because they had a transfer embargo, so it was pointless.

'But you know Xavi came out and said Raheem is a world-class player in the making and could play at Barca in the future. In the end it was Manchester City and I thought he's got a job to do, go and do it, and he's doing it.

'So those who thought he would be a sub - what did they think of his performance last weekend? He's scoring (six for club and country so far this season), he's playing, what's the opinion of those critics now? Are they trying to destabilise Raheem? Or back him so a young England player can compete at the very highest level in the Premier League, the Champions League and on the international stage?'

Ward displays hints of anger here - anger with what he feels is an imbalance in how the media treat Sterling. There have been a lot of stories about Sterling 'partying', but has there been enough focus on the football?

'Raheem is a young man. Doesn't make it right, but he can learn. We make mistakes at that age. I can't condone what he did, but he was a young man. Let him breathe and we'll see how he goes and if he's affected by the big move.

'If Raheem is caught in a situation when he does something silly off the field every paper picks it up. He scored a hat-trick and there is barely a mention of it. Let him breathe.'

So let's focus on the football. Back to Rodgers, and what were the 'certain things' that Ward didn't like about how he dealt with Sterling?

'Last season I thought subliminal messages were being sent to Raheem. Why would Liverpool play him at left wing back? Would you play Simon Mignolet up front? I think it was the game against Manchester United, he was played as an attacking midfielder, moved to right back, then up front, then left back, and eventually back to attacking midfielder. I was watching thinking: "Well this is interesting".'

It was also interesting to hear Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini make it clear after Saturday's hat-trick that Sterling is 'not a striker'.

It appears that manager and player are communicating well at City, and everything about their relationship and the role Sterling is being asked to perform is absolutely clear. Ward has high praise for everyone at Manchester City, especially assistant manager Brian Kidd who has been doing extra sessions with Sterling individually, working on his finishing.

So Sterling is in a good place, and as Ward relaxed into the interview, it looks like he's in a good place too. Looking back now, does he hold regrets about how the situation at Liverpool was handled?

'Yes I do and no I don't. Let me explain. Look at Raheem now, he's buzzing, he's happy and he's at a good club, with good players, a good manager, good coaches and good staff. He's in a good place.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3280467/Liverpool-underhand-handling-Raheem-Sterling-says-agent-Aidy-Ward.html

What a septic human being! Kicking a man while he's down is very mature.

If Raheem would have liked working under Klopp then he should have shown faith in the club. If Rodgers didn't meet the clubs expectations he would go, and if he had any faith he would have stayed.

whatever you think of rodgers, I would hardly suggest him saying that sterling would sign a new contract as underhand, this guy is a F***ing weasel, I read somewhere he is registered in Sierra Leone, what the F**k is all that about. Just F**k off and stop trying to justify yourself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #3079: Oct 20, 2015 03:32:37 pm

Brendan gave him his chance, Sterling seems to forget that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3080: Oct 20, 2015 04:06:18 pm
      Stopped reading that half way through. It's an obvious PR move on his part full of utter sh*te.

And to see Adrian Durham wrote it doesn't surprise me on bit.

Raheem wouldn't play for Liverpool for £900k per week but he would for Klopp? Give me a break you stain on society.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3081: Oct 21, 2015 01:11:46 pm
      Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann  Oct 20
      That Aidy Ward doesn't half talk some garbage. Time to zip it mate. Worry about City now not Liverpool anymore. The bridge is burnt.

Quick Reply