Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

The Elbow of Gerrard

Read 11167 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      The Elbow of Gerrard
      Mar 16, 2010 02:15:52 am
      Saw the incident live didn't think much of it, never saw the replay of it though.

Brown was being dirty with Gerrard the whole game constantly tugging, pulling and kicking him so he deserved whatever he got.

So what do you guys think, with such an important match coming on Sunday will the red nosed one get chummy with his mates in the FA and force their hand in to a Gerrard ban?
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Re: The Elbow of Gerrard
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2010 02:52:42 am
      I saw it on replay several times,it was stupid thing to do when you're 4 goals ahead ???Honestly,it was somewhere beetwen yellow and red card,but closer to the red one:(I wont be surprised if we start the scums game without our skipper,and that's the only black spot in tonight's superb performance!Lets hope I'm wrong,but having in mind Ferguson's influence....we are in deep sh*t!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2010 02:58:32 am
      Well the ref dealt with the incident on the pitch, by awarding Pompey the free kick, thought once the ref makes a decision on it, it can't be dealt with "retrospectively" by the big wigs at the FA. Hope I'm right but could be wrong???
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2010 03:07:11 am
      Well the ref dealt with the incident on the pitch, by awarding Pompey the free kick, thought once the ref makes a decision on it, it can't be dealt with "retrospectively" by the big wigs at the FA. Hope I'm right but could be wrong???

I also hope you are right too.

The usual media suspects are making a meal of this once again.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2010 03:10:32 am
      Well,that's what I' m hoping too mate.It wasn't something the ref didn't saw,he saw it,made his judgment about it,gave the free kick without further punishment.So why would FA doubt in his decision?But I'm far from sure about that:(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2010 03:12:42 am
      No one will say anything about how Brown was all over him during the game, blatantly rugby tackling him to the ground at one stage. Not condoning Gerrard by any means, it was reckless - but i think Gerrard wouldn't do it unless something had been boiling up. Brown did actually stick an elbow out to Gerrards chest in that incident, and Stevie just reacted like someone who is just fed up.

He's still gotta watch it though, its not something you should really get away with. If it was Brown doing it to Gerrard we would be livid, so i think we (subject of any post-game action) got away with one there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2010 03:25:18 am
      Brown's a dirty a tw*t anyway, got away with a lot in the game at Fratton Park, plus I remember some of the dirty challenges and off the ball stuff he got away with when he was at Wigan.

Watched it the second time on replay and Gerrard definitely meant it!
      Gilly?
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      • I slappa da bass!
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2010 03:26:01 am
      Should get punished really. But he'll probably get away with it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #8: Mar 16, 2010 03:26:47 am
      Should get punished really. But he'll probably get away with it.

Brown's had it coming for a while though!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #9: Mar 16, 2010 03:38:49 am
      If there is to be any ban, hope its after the mancs game. Can't afford him to miss that game.
      We need someoe to kiss the camera after all.  :-*  ;)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 16, 2010 04:14:26 am
      even if he gets two games we wont miss him his contribution is miminal lately. a bit like beckam on  the pitch celebraty who is past his best. picked because of his form last year not this year just floating
      sergioh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 123 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 16, 2010 04:38:35 am
      even if he gets two games we wont miss him his contribution is miminal lately. a bit like beckam on  the pitch celebraty who is past his best. picked because of his form last year not this year just floating

You cant say we wont miss him, he is our captain afterall. He played well today and tried really hard to score. You can tell he looked a little left out with everyone else scoring around him...=)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Mar 16, 2010 04:53:55 am
      If there is to be any ban, hope its after the mancs game. Can't afford him to miss that game.
      We need someone to kiss the camera after all.  :-*  ;)

Well if it is looked at retrospectively by the FA then we always have the option to appeal it, which would take it past the united game (Ferdinand did it when they played City in the Carling Cup semi) then take an extra game ban for a "frivolous" appeal, we would have to weigh up the pros and cons of such a decision if that is the case, but lets hope it doesn't go as far as that. Silly boy though was Stevie, at 3-0 at the time, no real need, game was in the bag, if he misses games it could disrupt the momentum we have gathered in that victory.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Mar 16, 2010 05:01:02 am
      I also hope you are right too.

The usual media suspects are making a meal of this once again.

Indeed, like a court case, if the media get to involved then surely Gerrrard won't be able to have a fair trial? They should keep the F**k out of it, until a decision is made, but nahhhh they would rather stir the sh*t in the hope it will aid the mancs!!!!
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 16, 2010 05:06:02 am
      Brown ran in front of Gerrard and made contact with his arm back at him before Gerrard "dealt" with him - He was within his right i reckon, the FA have nothing on stevie.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #15: Mar 16, 2010 06:12:32 am
      I was at the match and it didnt look like much but Im pretty sure I was too busy bouncing to notice...anyone got a clip?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2010 06:37:03 am
      The ref saw it and dealt with it there and then. The FA can't do squat.

Bosingwa at Anfield last year ggot nothing for his assault on Yossi.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2010 06:49:47 am
      Brown ran in front of Gerrard and made contact with his arm back at him before Gerrard "dealt" with him - He was within his right I reckon, the FA have nothing on stevie.
      That is how I saw it as well,the only problem is Stevie needs to be careful as we can ill afford to lose him or any player through a red card at this stage of the season.After all we still have plenty to fight for.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2010 07:34:15 am
      From what I saw the Referee dealt with the situation in earnest by having a word with both players regarding their behavior toward one another. This indicates to me that the Ref has dealt with the situation and under FA ruling they cannont interfere with that decision as the refs decision in game is final. If the FA pull SG up on it then we need to appeal straight away an appeal we would win and if we dont then that just points out the conspiracy against Liverpool that has always been there in the FA since 89.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2010 07:40:28 am
      Brown's a c**t. Damn shame he didn't really get hurt. I think for that reason alone Gerrard should be punished :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3854 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2010 07:57:13 am

Ref dealt with it and once its in his match notes FA cant do anything. Brown deserved it anyway
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2010 08:28:42 am
      Saw the incident live didn't think much of it, never saw the replay of it though.

Brown was being dirty with Gerrard the whole game constantly tugging, pulling and kicking him so he deserved whatever he got.

So what do you guys think, with such an important match coming on Sunday will the red nosed one get chummy with his mates in the FA and force their hand in to a Gerrard ban?

Brown was lifting his arm towards gerrard too, Stevie got in first if ye like. Hes a little gimp that Brown delighted Stevie decked him.

Fook off ESPN trying to get Stevie suspended
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Mar 16, 2010 08:38:44 am
      I do think a couple of managers will get vocal in the next few days. Particularly O'Neill and Redknapp. Anything to keep us pegged back.

But I do remember a Chelsea player going all Bruce Lee on Yossi's back and f**k all got done about that so Stevie shouldn't be punished, in line with the rules everyone else is governed by.

Quick Reply