Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Javier Mascherano
      (4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.3%)
      Fernando Torres
      (50.5%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1%)

Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie

Read 19750 times
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #92: Mar 19, 2010 12:34:06 am
      im definately liking the sound of that though. seems like the most glittering way to the final and obviously would be great to meet atletico in the final
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #93: Mar 19, 2010 12:47:38 am
      Missed the game but I'll catch the highlights later. Nevertheless a resounding victory and certainly one to savour. Seems like we are heavily reliant on Torres, he does the job for us most of the time. Fingers crossed, he stays fit from now to the end of the season.

Was it the dressing-down from Rafa that got the lads thinking? I always thought Rafa was a manager to not dish out criticism, not shout at his players but instead preferring to take matters on his own hands. Well, it seemed like the turning point came from Rafa's dressing-down which enabled the team to wake up from their deep slumber.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes the dressing-down the players received from boss Rafael Benitez last week played a key role in their run to the Europa League quarter-finals.

Gerrard scored the early penalty that paved the way for his side's 3-0 win over Lille at Anfield and coming after Monday night's Barclays Premier League win over Portsmouth, Gerrard believes a corner has been turned.

Gerrard told Five: ''He (Benitez) is the manager and he's allowed to criticise the team at the right time but I think the reaction over the last two games has been superb and the plan is to maintain it on Sunday against Man United.''

Gerrard knows the importance of maintaining his side's good recent run against United if they are to continue their push for the fourth Champions League place and added: ''It was vital this game didn't go to extra-time tonight.

''We know how difficult it (Sunday) is going to be. We'll enjoy tonight and we'll get a warm-down tomorrow and we'll look forward to Sunday.''

Benitez hailed another good night at Anfield after recent tribulations, including some critical comments about him from Spanish winger Albert Riera. He said: ''It was a difficult game because they are a good team but the atmosphere was fantastic and everybody is happy now.

''We knew they had to push from the beginning and if we did not score an early goal they could carry on with some hope, so this goal gave us some time and some confidence too.

''You could see they were working very hard today so it was really good. They (Lille) were dangerous and have some good players with ability and pace. We needed to score the third goal just in case and it was a bit of a relief.''
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #94: Mar 19, 2010 12:51:46 am
      Good to see that! They deserved a dressing down, and its good to see that it seems to be taken on board. Gerrard certainly has picked up his act.

Speaking of Stevie, just watched the third goal - how good was Gerrards excitement after Nando scored? He was pumping his arms in the air as Nando ran over for the hug, mouth open with a huge smile of joy. Passion. He's got it back i reckon ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #95: Mar 19, 2010 01:03:55 am
      I'll take disjointed and laboured 3-0 victories all the way to the end of the season.

Oh, and congratulations to Carragher on his first clean sheet back at centre-back in 2010. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #96: Mar 19, 2010 01:05:47 am
      I will give Kuyt a bit of credit for the way he ended the game, a couple of fierce shots and he played a part in the 3rd. As for the rest of the game he was sh*te, needs to sort his act out and fast!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #97: Mar 19, 2010 01:09:09 am
      I will give Kuyt a bit of credit for the way he ended the game, a couple of fierce shots and he played a part in the 3rd. As for the rest of the game he was sh*te, needs to sort his act out and fast!

Yup... was muck he was. Think we've seen the best of him to be honest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #98: Mar 19, 2010 01:12:35 am
      Only read a few of the previous posts but all in all I thought that was a great improvment. Didn't really expect to progress  going by our recent form. Thought we had one or two scarey moments, but although Lille had a fair share of the posesion, we did pretty well keep control of the game and were always the more threatening. Gave Torres M.O.T.M due to his workrate and once again, excellent finishing. Lucas a close second, but thought his forays forward, which was a shock to all, died off a bit second half and gave Lille a bit more encouragment to get at us. When he was pushing up, t kept them on the back foot a bit. Love to see more of that from him. Didn't think Kuyyt  improved on his poor form although he did get two cracking shots off towards the end. Just hope it lifts the confidence a load, ready for Sunday. Don't need to say how important that one is. Well done all round lads, great win.  Not expected from me I have to say, but welcome all the same. :oranje: :oranje: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #99: Mar 19, 2010 01:18:46 am
      I'll take disjointed and laboured 3-0 victories all the way to the end of the season.

Me too as long as Kuyt isn't playing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #100: Mar 19, 2010 01:22:47 am
      Me too as long as Kuyt isn't playing.

Even 3-0's ;)

Just watching the game again.  Loving the FIVE love for the reds.

Oh and just realised why Insua was improved today - Diego was there.  Think he was sitting next to Alex Curran.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #101: Mar 19, 2010 01:38:09 am
      Laughing at Rafa's reaction to the half time whistle.

I think his reaction was exactly the same as what I did!
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #102: Mar 19, 2010 01:38:29 am
      If the mods keep editing my posts and deleting them when BIGYNWA told me he'd 'give me a push' where is the equity in consistency?

Have a word with yourselves...

Oh thats right, I'm offering perspective, he's offering Uber true red support and mine are deleted, as was the case when I was banned.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #103: Mar 19, 2010 01:41:30 am
      Mate, it was a little bit of sarcasm at your own post of calling us fickle for being 'on board'

If you got an issue, message the mods. Im not looking for any more sh*t. So leave it.

Ive been sat here doing nothing for an hour just waiting for the highlights on the news here, still aint come on dammit!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #104: Mar 19, 2010 01:41:46 am
      If the mods keep editing my posts and deleting them when BIGYNWA told me he'd 'give me a push' where is the equity in consistency?

Have a word with yourselves...

Oh thats right, I'm offering perspective, he's offering Uber true red support and mine are deleted, as was the case when I was banned.

Offering perspective...

'Whatever farmer boy'. Real debate there.

Get a grip and cut it out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #105: Mar 19, 2010 01:44:34 am
      Caliing someone a 'farmer boy'?

There's only you upsetting the apple cart after a comprehensive European victory.  Grow up or F**k off.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #106: Mar 19, 2010 01:47:03 am
      Nobody is attacking "us" you low watt lightbulb.

S.S Shankly is brilliant lad. Only reason this ship may be sinking is we're all bouncing too much!

NA NA NAA NA NA NA NAA NA NAAAA NA NAAA!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #107: Mar 19, 2010 01:49:02 am
      S.S Shankly is brilliant lad. Only reason this ship may be sinking is we're all bouncing too much!

Agreed. Torres was brilliant! Loving having someone who's aim is just to stick it in the net and F**k everything else. Really did us well today.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #108: Mar 19, 2010 01:49:20 am
      Congratulations.  :D
      It would be amazing to see Pool in Hamburg.
      I'm happy. Just happy.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #109: Mar 19, 2010 01:52:20 am
      oh to be a Red.. forget about the bad performances.. but to lose hurts like a stab in your heart..
      but to get back to winning ways.. Liverpool Liverpool!!

form is temporary
      class is permanent..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #110: Mar 19, 2010 01:56:11 am

HIS ARMBAND PROVED HE WAS A RED, TORRES, TORRES!

SS Shankly is bouncing tonight!!! :D
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #111: Mar 19, 2010 02:00:10 am
      It was nice to hear the support for Rafa coming from the Crowds tonight, Singing his name in full voice, i wonder if any journalists will notice this, or still go on about how most fans want him out when that is not the case!

But nevertheless brilliant support, hats of to everyone on here who went, just hope i get to experience it some time soon! (stupid degree getting in the way of things that really matter  :laugh: )

Seem to be getting back on form and playing with confidence... it feels good!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #112: Mar 19, 2010 02:05:46 am
      It was nice to hear the support for Rafa coming from the Crowds tonight, Singing his name in full voice, i wonder if any journalists will notice this, or still go on about how most fans want him out when that is not the case!
      They mentioned it on FIVE and also highlighted some of the banners and flags supporting the manager.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #113: Mar 19, 2010 02:08:31 am
      They mentioned it on FIVE and also highlighted some of the banners and flags supporting the manager.

FIVE>Sky Sports
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #114: Mar 19, 2010 02:09:22 am

Funerals being held for all involved after they were tragically all 'accidentally' killed in a freak situation involving some bad chicken - according to Sky.

Quick Reply