Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)

Read 22397 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)
      Reply #161: Mar 20, 2010 10:00:42 pm
      For some reason I'm not as pumped as I usually would be.

Don't know whether that's because of our situation this season or whether it's just because I'm not feeling it just yet.

Probably the latter. No doubt I'll be excited/nervous tomorrow morning before hand. Hope we do 'em again.

Mate, no joke, I had just clicked in this thread to post the fact that up until about 5mins ago, I was not up for this match at all. However, was watching Muhammed Ali vs George Foreman on ESPN Classic and for some reason, my adrenaline started to rise and now I am suddenly really up for this match. Cum'on'd'f**k Liverpool!!!!
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010 11:15:48 am by Semple »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #162: Mar 20, 2010 10:03:06 pm
      I'm f***in buzzin for this one, There's just no way am i going to get any kip tonight, We are playing the enemy tomorrow and i just wish i was playing, My heart will be f***in pounding at kick-off and all the way thru the 90, There cant be a feeling like it to batter your enemy in their own back yard like last season and i can't honestly see us losing, Slur phallic is clearly worried thats why he has had a pop at the FA for not banning Stevie G, He f***in knows we're on the up and history tells him we will be up for it no matter how bad a season we have had, It's irrelevant, Vidic will be bricking it against Nando, the camel will have his usual sh*t game, Shrek is clearly on fire but i don't think he has ever played well against us, Take him out of the game and they are fu**ed, Valencia is a pussy and if Insua can just up his game he could have him in his pocket, I would drop Stevie into CM with either Aquilani or Lucas, Yes Lucas in the hole behind Torres, Sir kunt wont be expecting that little move and the way Lucas played Thursday he could have found his niche, Put Masch on Shrek and we seriously hamper their ability to score, At the same time have Babel on the left to run at that f***in w*nk stain Neville, Maxi on the right to have a go at Evra, That should keep the scum bas**rds occupied for a while i reckon, C'mon you Redmen this is IT, This is our time to show just what the EPL has missed this season, f***in get into them dont let the fuckers move, Get close and personal and they will crack, i'm going for a 1-3 Victory, But i'll settle for a Nando late winner in a scrappy 0-1.

YNWA    IRWT

SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #163: Mar 20, 2010 10:05:29 pm
      We have to win this, my mum's a Manc...my step-dad's a Manc and my best mate's a Manc!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #164: Mar 20, 2010 10:07:41 pm
      I'm f***in buzzin for this one, There's just no way am I going to get any kip tonight, We are playing the enemy tomorrow and I just wish I was playing, My heart will be f***in pounding at kick-off and all the way thru the 90, There cant be a feeling like it to batter your enemy in their own back yard like last season and I can't honestly see us losing, Slur phallic is clearly worried thats why he has had a pop at the FA for not banning Stevie G, He f***in knows we're on the up and history tells him we will be up for it no matter how bad a season we have had, It's irrelevant, Vidic will be bricking it against Nando, the camel will have his usual sh*t game, Shrek is clearly on fire but I don't think he has ever played well against us, Take him out of the game and they are fu**ed, Valencia is a pussy and if Insua can just up his game he could have him in his pocket, I would drop Stevie into CM with either Aquilani or Lucas, Yes Lucas in the hole behind Torres, Sir kunt wont be expecting that little move and the way Lucas played Thursday he could have found his niche, Put Masch on Shrek and we seriously hamper their ability to score, At the same time have Babel on the left to run at that f***in w*nk stain Neville, Maxi on the right to have a go at Evra, That should keep the scum bas**rds occupied for a while I reckon, C'mon you Redmen this is IT, This is our time to show just what the EPL has missed this season, F**kin get into them dont let the fuckers move, Get close and personal and they will crack, I'm going for a 1-3 Victory, But I'll settle for a Nando late winner in a scrappy 0-1.

YNWA    IRWT

I have never loved another Forum member as much as i do with you right now ;D.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #165: Mar 20, 2010 10:08:21 pm
      My Mum says we will win so we obviously will......
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #166: Mar 20, 2010 10:20:00 pm
      Cheers Semple, Appreciate your lovely comment, Just tell your mum that tomorrow will prove yet again just exactly who are the best team in England, I feel sorry for her already, The poor love, Never mind eh, She might be over it by Xmas, Bless her.
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #167: Mar 20, 2010 10:26:01 pm
      I hate to put a downer on things, put we went into last years game (and this years, if i can remember?) with an unbeaten record against top 4 teams that season and on the back of a string of very convincing and ruthless performances against top class opposition (yes, not this season in terms of the last point but certainly we had much,muchhh more to play for)

Beating Portsmouth (Although encouraging) and playing well for 35 minutes against Lille is by no means the same. United are fresh, off the back off some seriously good games and obviously still hurting after the dossena demolition. The fat Spaniard is gonna have to pull one out of the bag or im afraid tomorrow could be a very long day

But still, 3-0. Dossena Hat-trick and an 3 Ngog assists
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #168: Mar 20, 2010 10:27:58 pm
      I hate to put a downer on things, put we went into last years game (and this years, if i can remember?) with an unbeaten record against top 4 teams that season and on the back of a string of very convincing and ruthless performances against top class opposition (yes, not this season in terms of the last point but certainly we had much,muchhh more to play for)

Beating Portsmouth (Although encouraging) and playing well for 35 minutes against Lille is by no means the same. United are fresh, off the back off some seriously good games and obviously still hurting after the dossena demolition. The fat Spaniard is gonna have to pull one out of the bag or im afraid tomorrow could be a very long day

Dossena left in the January transfer window.....
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #169: Mar 20, 2010 10:34:36 pm
      What? Really? Oh my god, I was sure he was still there? oh my god that is so shocking, thanks for filling me in
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #170: Mar 20, 2010 10:36:26 pm
      What? Really? Oh my god, I was sure he was still there? oh my god that is so shocking, thanks for filling me in

I'm guessing you were a Dossena fan?
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #171: Mar 20, 2010 10:39:08 pm
      Can't believe I'm saying it but I fear Nani tomorrow
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #172: Mar 20, 2010 10:40:12 pm
      Also, whyyy is eveyone saying Maxi should start? Sticking dirk on evra and playing the diagonal ball has been SO effective against united and I cant see it changing, Also maxi's not any where near adjusted to the pace of the Premiership yet.

Although cometh the hour, cometh the Aquilani.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #173: Mar 20, 2010 10:40:20 pm
      I hate to put a downer on things, put we went into last years game (and this years, if I can remember?) with an unbeaten record against top 4 teams that season and on the back of a string of very convincing and ruthless performances against top class opposition (yes, not this season in terms of the last point but certainly we had much,muchhh more to play for)

Whats with the fat spaniard sh*t!!!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #174: Mar 20, 2010 10:41:53 pm
      Can't believe I'm saying it but I fear Nani tomorrow

I can't believe you just said that, you fear Nani? Nani is one of the worst overated inconsistent player in the whole of the Man United side, I fear Rooney a lot more than that pile of sh*t.
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #175: Mar 20, 2010 10:43:01 pm
      I'm guessing you were a Dossena fan?

God no, he was awful. But what a goal, super andrea
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #176: Mar 20, 2010 10:43:32 pm
      Also maxi's not any where near adjusted to the pace of the Premiership yet.

The only way of him getting adjusted to the pace is by playing games.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #177: Mar 20, 2010 10:45:55 pm
      I can't believe you just said that, you fear Nani? Nani is one of the worst overated inconsistent player in the whole of the Man United side, I fear Rooney a lot more than that pile of sh*t.

A bit like Babel but he has got it together recently, and whilst we focus on Rooney/Valencia/Scholes Nani might just get some freedom, particuarly considering how attacking Johnson can be
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #178: Mar 20, 2010 10:48:48 pm
      The only way of him getting adjusted to the pace is by playing games.

yeah, but not the united game. Kuyt is tried and tested, give the kinder maxi 20 minutes at the end maybe but why not use his obvious height advantage? 
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #179: Mar 20, 2010 10:49:45 pm
      We have to watch Evra, Nani, Valencia and Fletcher more than we watch Rooney. Why? Because they are the main providers for Rooney's goals. As Everton proved, stop the providers which stop Rooney and United.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #180: Mar 20, 2010 10:51:44 pm
      A bit like Babel but he has got it together recently, and whilst we focus on Rooney/Valencia/Scholes Nani might just get some freedom, particuarly considering how attacking Johnson can be

I'd agree with you there but, Rafa seems to have told Johnson to do less of the runs up front, I haven't seen him do that for a while, but I don't see Nani as any type of threat, especially with the fact that we have two defensive midfielders.
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #181: Mar 20, 2010 10:53:52 pm
      I don't see Nani as any type of threat, especially with the fact that we have two defensive midfielders.

You don't see him as a threat? Wait and see on Sunday then....
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #182: Mar 20, 2010 10:55:52 pm
      You don't see him as a threat? Wait and see on Sunday then....

We'll see. :)
      Niallog
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #183: Mar 20, 2010 10:57:51 pm
      We really need to watch out for Wes Brown, I also think fabiolous unrealio is the man for the job to nulify the constant threat of Brown/Oliver Norwood

Quick Reply