Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (29.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (31.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      (23.9%)

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 61980 times
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief
      Reply #759: Mar 21, 2010 06:23:45 pm
      Weak as piss in the second half , why oh why is Benitez so f*****g defensive, last seasons result shows that if you attack them their not that good, the goal that we scored showed that but no he reverts to type when we had a chance to go and send a message out to our rivals for 4th spot , as for team selection how long do we have to put up with Kuyt , Rodrigeuz and Insua the three of them are stinking the place out but he keeps persisting with them . Dont know about champs league we will do well to finish above the blueshite .
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #760: Mar 21, 2010 06:33:56 pm
      Dont know about champs league we will do well to finish above the blueshite .

The whoppers are out in force today.

As ridiculous as the sh*te this lad's spouting is, a quick glance on the LFC facebook shows that people have been bottling up their nonsense as we've played well this week, building up the crap inside them and exploding.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #761: Mar 21, 2010 06:39:25 pm
      Take the blinkers off mate weve becme a dour outfit this season with 13 goals away from home it says everyting about his tactics .
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #762: Mar 21, 2010 06:43:30 pm
      Have to say Hardcore post is the best in the whole thread agree with everything he has said.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #763: Mar 21, 2010 06:44:04 pm
      Disapointed in a few things today

The ref got two key decisions wrong IMO, the penalty was a free kick, Velencia waited to get in the box and then dived, just proves that refs are useless, you shouldn't have to fall to be given a foul, and that is what creates diving. Then, I also feel Fletcher lashed out on kuyt I think it was??? and therefore should have been sent off.

What disapointed me most though was our return to negative football, we didn't nearly get at there back 4 enough today, and rarely did we monouvre the ball so that Torres received in attacking positions so he could get at Ferdinand and VIDIC! instead he had to go wide to receive the ball.

Think we went down without much fight in that second half, disapointing really on the back of two convincing wins. Sums the season up, just can't get going!

Frustrating!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #764: Mar 21, 2010 06:44:59 pm
      Torres doesn't deserve man of the match. He did well with his goal, but had two other easy chances to score and scuffed them.

Reina did brilliantly to save the penalty, but other than that he had nothing to do.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #765: Mar 21, 2010 06:45:15 pm
      Really can't decide the MOTM.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #766: Mar 21, 2010 06:45:53 pm
      Have to say Hardcore post is the best in the whole thread agree with everything he has said.

Agreed probably the most honest opinion of the match i've seen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #767: Mar 21, 2010 06:46:51 pm
      I'm not having this about sending out the wrong team.  Utter nonsense that.

Nobody was moaning last season when we sent out practically the same team and the same system.

A lot of things didn't help including a sh*t penalty award and the fact that United have been playing with themselves for a week while we've had 3 games in 6 days.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #768: Mar 21, 2010 06:47:17 pm
      Apart from the goal I don't remember that dog-munching tw*t doing too much else. Utd's MOTM should of been Howard Webb, won the game for Utd with the amount of 50-50 decisions he gave them.

Thought Park was F***ing hopeless other than the goal, very wasteful in creating and chance taking, the one he scould was on a plate so...
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #769: Mar 21, 2010 06:49:27 pm
      Thought Carra was emense and deserves MoTM
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #770: Mar 21, 2010 06:50:35 pm
      What ever peoples opinion are about sending out the wrong team when Utd scored he should have changed it much sooner also agree Anny I can't understand how Fletcher wasn't sent off he kicked out at Kuyt and that F***ing clown Gray tries to say it is a tangle of legs.If it had been Masch they would still be showing replays.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #771: Mar 21, 2010 06:51:14 pm
      I'm not having this about sending out the wrong team.  Utter nonsense that.

Nobody was moaning last season when we sent out practically the same team and the same system.

A lot of things didn't help including a sh*t penalty award and the fact that United have been playing with themselves for a week while we've had 3 games in 6 days.

No one doubts that JD to be honest...but today that almost same team and same system did not work to the same effect.

We lacked cutting edge from midfield our supply line to the forwards was very poor and our midfielders were sat far too deep.

You can concede goals in games as long as you are creating chances and you will still have every chance of winning. today we created very little but I think a draw would of been a fair result due to the penalty incident.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #772: Mar 21, 2010 06:55:25 pm
      Rafa should play Agger on the left against Sunderland. It's too early for Insua to be a regular in the 1st team. And why isn't Aquilani starting? He can come off the bench, but he can't start a game?
      Totally agree mate, should have played Agger there today We could off used Aquilani to try and distribute the ball to our front men, instead of using Lucas again .Why did we not have a wide man to try and run at Neville?
      Rafa really had a golden opportunity to get something there today, and once again his conservatism held us back.
      In 2010 we have played away from Anfield six times and taken 3 points from 18 scoring just twice in the process which is bottom half of the table form we create f**k all away from home, and he is failing to redress to isssue
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #773: Mar 21, 2010 06:56:39 pm
      I think Rafa got the flanks wrong today surely today was the day to give Babel a go against Neville, his pace would have caused him all sorts of problems.

We have seen since Maxi has been here he is very uncomfortable on the left. I would have played him on the right. I think Kuyt does not deserve a place in the team he has been a joke on the right side this season. Barring Insua I think Kuyt has been our poorest player this season.

Agree with RedBlood as well our midfield was way to deep today even after we conceeded the second.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #774: Mar 21, 2010 07:02:17 pm
      I think Rafa got the flanks wrong today surely today was the day to give Babel a go against Neville, his pace would have caused him all sorts of problems.

He's never going to start Babel in a game like this. Because he offers nothing in defence. Literally the boy is the worst tackler ever! Think he was right not too start him. These games are tight and whoever goes too attacking is going to lose.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #775: Mar 21, 2010 07:05:03 pm
      Totally agree mate, should have played Agger there today We could off used Aquilani to try and distribute the ball to our front men, instead of using Lucas again .Why did we not have a wide man to try and run at Neville?
      Rafa really had a golden opportunity to get something there today, and once again his conservatism held us back.

So picking Agger at LB ahead of Insua, wouldn't be conservative?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #776: Mar 21, 2010 07:12:53 pm
      But Maxi offers nothing in defence either DC, we needed someone running at pace against Neville today. Have to say as well I don't think there is a player I hate more in the Premiership than Neville.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #777: Mar 21, 2010 07:28:35 pm
      If we had Agger at LB and Soto in the middle today we could have probably won the match.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #778: Mar 21, 2010 07:32:05 pm
      If we had Agger at LB and Soto in the middle today we could have probably won the match.

And if manure didn't have Webb in the middle.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #779: Mar 21, 2010 07:33:15 pm
      I'm not having this about sending out the wrong team.  Utter nonsense that.

Moreover, nobody was moaning when they saw the teamsheet before the match today, and seen us score in 5 minutes.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #780: Mar 21, 2010 07:42:21 pm
      Was just wondering when was the last time we lost 10 league games in a season, I can't remember, 16 games altogether what a shocking stat.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #781: Mar 21, 2010 07:48:40 pm
      Im not really giving up hope... just really down after the match , had to go out a down a few pints.
      But it's gonna be real tough now. We'll probably need 18/21 points remaining.  Alot of other clubs are gonna have to drop alot of pts. It's out of our hands.
      It's not today's game , but all those losses to absolute sh*t teams. Damn we got 10 losses now :mad:
          I thought we played good enough to win for sure. The Valencia/Insua match up hurt us today. It was defo not a Pen. (1st contact CLEARLY out of the box). We go screwed BIG time there.
         Then the kick and BAM Pepe stones em. Rebound goes right back to Dumbo it's 1-1. That ball bounces anywhere else , it's 1-0 us with momentum. Really Unlucky there...
         Johnson, can he defend? Not really well, is he still out of form or should we maybe move him to RW and Carra to RB. We got alot of cleen sheets when Carra was at RB.
         Our wingers were too often having to cover for our FB's, which limited their attack.
         Masch looked a bit tentative after the early card, but still had a great effort.
         Gerrard looked un-inspiring today,coulda been tired. Its his 3rd game in 7 days. Lots of miles on those legs,has upped his game recently.
         9 out of 10 Torres bury's that, but not today. sh*t happens.
         United didnt have too many great chances either. That sh*t penalty stabilized the game for them
      All we can do now is go out and win our next game , then the next ,etc... and not worry aboutwhat other teams do and see where the chips fall.
      Anything IS possible...

Like John Belushi said:
      "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"  ;)

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply