Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (29.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (31.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      (23.9%)

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 62090 times
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Re: LIVE: Manchester United v Liverpool
      Reply #598: Mar 21, 2010 03:44:42 pm
      I think Rafa needs to lodge a complaint to the FA for the followings  :-

1. Penalty given when foul took place outside the box.
      2. Head high tackle from that idiot mouse and Maxi was head bandaged and no red card for the f**ker
      3. Blowing his damn bloody whistle at every given opportunity to help the scums.
      4. Giving yellow cards to our players at the slighest opportunity and the scums get away with murder on the field.

Pls add on to the list if I've missed anything.

It's always the same with Webb. Top English referee? Give us a break.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #599: Mar 21, 2010 03:44:55 pm
      We can look at it whatever way we want, certain players made big errors, the ref made mistakes, we didn't take chances etc. But when it came down to it they had the desire to go out and get the win, we didn't. As soon as they got the penalty our heads dropped and even when they took the lead we showed no desire to get back into it, story of our season. The only thing we showed desire for was to argue with the ref.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #600: Mar 21, 2010 03:45:36 pm
      I've switched off my phone. 27 texts from manure fans! :roll:
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #601: Mar 21, 2010 03:45:54 pm
      Anyone notice if Sir Red Nose and Rafa shook hands at the end of the game?
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #602: Mar 21, 2010 03:45:58 pm
       :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: devastated  
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #603: Mar 21, 2010 03:46:15 pm
      Disappointing result. Think it was edged by their graft was a little bit better than ours on the whole and their wide men were far more pacey than ours.

Was frustrated by their second goal. That Valencia just ran deep into our half with the ball unchallenged and then Insua got caught in two minds to allow Fletcher all the time in the world to pick out a lovely ball into the danger area.

Our weak links today were definitely our full backs.

That's just the way football goes unfortunately. Wouldn't say either side was hugely deserved of a victory, but they made their pace and graft count where as we were limited to one or two pacey players in the middle. I'm just gonna take this one on the chin and look forward to our next game.
      Pretty much my summing up of it.  Don't think either side was a certainty for the three points.  They didn't offer a lot either.

Their goal was as poor to concede as they will feel that Torres goal was.

Difference was as thin as that dodgy penalty.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #604: Mar 21, 2010 03:46:36 pm
      We never gave it our all and we deserved to lose. The team we played to down from the start was a downer, Kuyt was crap apart from his cross and Babel had more about him in the 15mins he was given. I can't believe that we sat back allowed them to come at us.

Gerrard needs to be benched, don't think Rafa is brave enough. We went in negative and that's why we lost, a more positive approach with Torres in such good form and the result would have been different. We defended the box well but more was needed.

1-1 at half time against United we should not be seeking to carry that back with us a point. We should be looking for the 3 points, that never drive never came about, we sat back in the 1st half and we sat back in the second. No matter how good of form Man U were in, that does not come into play when we are playing them. Torres must feel disappointed, Aquilani needed more time!

Can't believe Kuyt really, he doesn't need any more games to prove he's rubbish! Maxi did well but was never going to be an attacking threat on the left. Babel looked well up for it and should have started, Aquilani too.
      should of started with with babel on the left and maxi on the right, hes much more effective on that position and besides the assist he would of provided alot more throughout the 90 mins than kuyt. also i think babel would of provided alot more than maxi on the left and he would of stopped torres looking so isolated up front, i fcuking hate the manc scum, anybody second that? ???
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #605: Mar 21, 2010 03:47:24 pm
      Correct. Even they didn't create a lot. Just that they kept good control of the ball, moved it around well, and stuck to the basics.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #606: Mar 21, 2010 03:47:25 pm
      Hows about you hop along to the I've got my knob so far up Lucas Leiva's arse no one can tell where he starts and I end thread and condemn Gerrard, theres a good little bunny :) x

When did i mention Lucas? :) Chill fella, you seem agitated.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #607: Mar 21, 2010 03:47:39 pm
      I'd say our weak links were our midfield redkenny mate.
      Masch and Lucas were too deep, Gerrard was too far up. Lost it in midfield.

No. It was our fullbacks. Time and time again Valencia and Nani left our fullbacks for dead.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #608: Mar 21, 2010 03:48:32 pm
      No. It was our fullbacks. Time and time again Valencia and Nani left our fullbacks for dead.

On the flip-side - how often did our 'wingers' leave Neville/Evra for dead?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #609: Mar 21, 2010 03:48:45 pm
      We can look at it whatever way we want, certain players made big errors, the ref made mistakes, we didn't take chances etc. But when it came down to it they had the desire to go out and get the win, we didn't. As soon as they got the penalty our heads dropped and even when they took the lead we showed no desire to get back into it, story of our season. The only thing we showed desire for was to argue with the ref.

Now this is much better that just a F**k off plastic or that kind of words.

I can't agree more with this observation. The desire to win the game was zilch. The creativity was none to see, Kuyt is Kuyt, one good assist and that's it, really frustating in the rest of the game. That Man United team is weak, they are there to be taken but we didn't want to and do not know how to.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #610: Mar 21, 2010 03:48:48 pm
      Torres missed that sitter Benayoun tried to head. That could have been the equaliser.

No blaming Gerrard please. He was okay.

Seems everytime we lose, Gerrard's head is on the chopping block.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #611: Mar 21, 2010 03:49:20 pm
      Full backs were sh*te too, but our midfield was responsible for our lack of chances, inability to get the ball forward to Gerrard or Torres. Inability to control the midfield cost us bad.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #612: Mar 21, 2010 03:49:41 pm
      subs came on too late. didn't do enough in the second half, annoying as I think we let Utd  come onto us instead of
      going at them a bit more. Torres chance was all we created second half. Having said that pen was a huge turning point.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #613: Mar 21, 2010 03:50:02 pm
      When did i mention Lucas? :) Chill fella, you seem agitated.

I'm not agitated mate, just no need to call me a knee jerker when the simple fact of the matter our midfield was poor in terms of creating chances as backed up by our final tally.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #614: Mar 21, 2010 03:50:17 pm
      Insua is a liability. How many times he has been out manouevred and both goals came from his side. Need to get a top class left back next season. And Stevie is just disinterested when the obvious thing to do is to pass to Torres and he chosed to go left and right and then back. He was jogging 3/4 of the game.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #615: Mar 21, 2010 03:50:20 pm
      On the flip-side - how often did our 'wingers' leave Neville/Evra for dead?

Rarely. Although we did play some good football at times, which people seem to be ignoring.

The second half is where we lost the game. Oh and those two Torres chances, how did he no bury those?!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #616: Mar 21, 2010 03:50:57 pm
      Hows about you hop along to the I've got my knob so far up Lucas Leiva's arse no one can tell where he starts and I end thread and condemn Gerrard, theres a good little bunny :) x
      While we're on the subject maybe you should make your way to the 'There's 9 other players who had a sh*te game but it's Lucas Leiva's fault thread'.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #617: Mar 21, 2010 03:51:06 pm
      Full backs were sh*te too, but our midfield was responsible for our lack of chances, inability to get the ball forward to Gerrard or Torres. Inability to control the midfield cost us bad.

We had the same problem in the last 2 games against the Mancs, both of which we have won.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #618: Mar 21, 2010 03:51:33 pm
      Absolutely gutted with that result.

Ref ruined the game first half with all the cards, gave us no choice but to back off in the second.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #619: Mar 21, 2010 03:51:33 pm
      Rarely. Although we did play some good football at times, which people seem to be ignoring.

The second half is where we lost the game. Oh and those two Torres chances, how did he no bury those?!
      I thought he got a bit nervous when he got the ball, resulting in not controlling it well. How unlike Torres.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #620: Mar 21, 2010 03:52:21 pm
      I'm not agitated mate, just no need to call me a knee jerker when the simple fact of the matter our midfield was poor in terms of creating chances as backed up by our final tally.

Which includes Gerrard and Aquilani because they did F**k all. Aquilani touched it 3 times n 20 minutes.

Masch and Lucas were superb in giving Rooney absolutely nothing. He hasn't played that deep all year because he was so starved of the ball. They did the exact same job they were asked in the past 3 meetings which we have won.

Down both flanks was our weakness. That much is clear, in both attack and defence.

Quick Reply