Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Hicks & Gillett

Read 226891 times
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Re: What are your thoughts on the owners?
      Reply #1104: Jan 09, 2010 08:47:22 pm
      Inert...well done on your 1st trophy mate, but as mentioned above, there are shedloads of threads about them 2 fcukwits
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1105: Jan 09, 2010 08:53:30 pm
      Do you even have to ask?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1106: Jan 09, 2010 08:58:35 pm
      Competent businessmen with their finger on the pulse of the financial football world.

:lmao:

Who the F**k I am kidding.

Thick F***ing charlatans that should be lynched and hung from a lamppost in L4 as a reminder to any other c**t who thinks they can buy our soul.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Hicks & Gillett
      Reply #1107: Jan 10, 2010 12:12:12 am
      Does this question really need to be asked, I'm pretty sure the best thing that will be said about them is they are a couple of complete pricks.
      Mate at least pricks are useful,these gobsh*tes are less than that.Can we have an inventive thread about how members would like to personnally get them out the club(Geremy Clarkson style?).
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #1108: Jan 10, 2010 07:45:55 am
      What are  we doing about it now?

1st the stadium, 2nd sell to buy policy for Rafa, then 3rd contract extension considered as a transfer, 4th one of their sons insulted one of the fans, and the latest one I heard is, they gonna force Rafa to sell Gerrard & Torres if the money is right

I can't stand this two dog turds anymore... and the sad part is I can't do anything.

Can we write a petition to the bank or anything? Or force Moores to buy back some of the shares(since he was the one who made profit out of the transaction with the Yanks)

CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Reply #1109: Jan 10, 2010 08:58:39 am
      They better show a a minimum of responsible ownership towards LFC now. I notice that Rafa who earlier said he would resign if Nando were sold, now says that it would have to be seriously discussed. This would be an ideal moment for GG and TC to deny any chance of this happening. Of course that is not going to happen.  >:(
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #1110: Jan 10, 2010 11:58:31 am
      Thoughts for a book that H&G should read...

"An American Businessmans Guide to Running a Premier League Club, by Randy Lerner"

Each Number relates to a chapter, with an example of what I have done with my club

1. Do Not force the club into debt when you take over.
      2. Win the fans over I.e when a popular player leaves after a long spell at the club, buy every single fan who went to the game a shirt.
      3. Allow 20-30 Million for Transfers in the Winter.
      4. Double the amounts specified on 3 in the summer
      5. Do NOT Operate a Sell-to-Buy policy
      6. Keep You Gawd-damn Promises, the English already have a bad idea of us Americans thanks to George Bush.
      7. If the Fans dont like you, your f**ked so get the hell out of dodge as soon as!

If only we could buy it and send it to the C**ts
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1111: Jan 10, 2010 01:03:55 pm
      These 2 tw*ts are in the process of destroying the club it is plain for anyone to see now. What other top club would be talking about selling there best players, Man City must be licking there lips in anticipation at signing Torres.

These 2 clowns are among the worst things to happen to our great club, mark my words they will take us into the Championship if they remain. They should not be allowed anywhere near Anfield again.

They have ruined the F***ing club. We are meant to be a big club what is going on with the club at the moment is shameful.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1112: Jan 11, 2010 01:19:09 pm

and for their next rope trick ......a Bond Issue?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=497233&in_page_id=2&position=moretopstories

Drop the debt onto unsuspecting investors and pay off the banks.

Then they can go back to the banks for more money FFS.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1113: Jan 11, 2010 01:22:52 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-press-statement

Hicks Jr leaves the board

Due to the spirit of shankly supporters asking him to leave after the abusive emails he had sent to a fan who he had been contacting via email about the clubs situation.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010 01:29:53 pm by Ally-LFC »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1114: Jan 11, 2010 01:36:53 pm
      Don't know if this was posted in one of the other threads connected with these 2 pricks as it's from 16th Dec 2009 but the bits I've put in bold suggest that the team/Rafa won't see any of it.

Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to gain around £124m from share deal
      Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are closing in on a deal that will see them sell a significant share in the club to a new investor for around £124 million, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to gain around £124m from potential share deal.

Gillett was in London last week to hold talks with potential investors, and Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow is understood to have held talks with a number of candidates interested in taking an equity stake in the club.

A long-list of around six serious investors has been compiled with two or three proposals thought to be particularly strong, offering the owners around $100 million (£62 million) each for a share in the Club

It is yet to be decided precisely what stake the two owners are willing to sign over to a new investor, but they are expected to each offer the same share so that they retain parity on the new board.

Hicks and Gillett have been searching for fresh equity all year but the process has gathered pace in recent weeks, with Gillett keen to strike a deal in the near future.

His visit to London last week was significant. Last month he sold his ice hockey franchise the Montreal Canadiens for C$575 million (£333 million), a windfall that should enable him to reduce the level of debt across the family businesses, although it is unlikely any of this money will go towards Liverpool.

In London last week he made it clear that he was keen to strike a deal soon, and urged any potential investors not yet at the table to make their interest know quickly.

A key issue in negotiations will be price and the share on offer. The American co-owners consider the club to be a massively undervalued asset and may seek a price above the current market valuation of around £500-£600million.

They are known to believe that the club's value and profitability could double when the new Anfield development, stalled by the credit crunch, is completed, and may demand a premium for investors who would enjoy the upside of that.

Since buying the club, revenue and pre-tax profits have increased threefold, evidence say the Americans of the attractiveness of the investment.

The new investors will also have to establish a working relationship with the co-owners, whose sometimes fractious relationship has been a distraction in recent seasons.

Both men are keen to break the deadlock with a fresh face at the boardroom table, but they will not want to relinquish control.

A key question for supporters will be what use the Americans put any fresh investment to. The owners have indicated in the past that the intention is to use the money to pay down some of the club's debt, which currently stands at around £240million, and kick-start work on the new stadium development.

The stadium plans have been drawn and planning permission has been granted, and the owners are waiting for a thaw in the credit markets before proceeding. New investment will help start that process, and may inspire some confidence among potential lenders.

Supporters will want to see at least some of the new money used to pay down debt, though there will be concerns that it might be diverted into more troubled parts of the Hicks and Gillett empires. Both men have considerable quantities of debt across their business empires.

The counter-argument from the owners is that actually Liverpool's debt burden is manageable in contrast to some of their rivals, most markedly Manchester United, which carries almost £700million secured against the club and Glazer family interests.

The proposed investment could also affect the future of Rafael Benítez, under huge pressure following a dismal run of results and elimination from the Champions League.

The Spaniard has played off the two Americans expertly during the last three years, securing a £20million new contract and unprecedented control at the club.

Failure to finish in the top four would be a huge blow to Liverpool's self-esteem and finances regardless of the new investment. He will hope that the new investor at the boardroom table has more faith in his abilities to turn the club round than some already there.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1115: Jan 11, 2010 03:26:50 pm
      Thoughts for a book that H&G should read...

"An American Businessmans Guide to Running a Premier League Club, by Randy Lerner"

Each Number relates to a chapter, with an example of what I have done with my club

1. Do Not force the club into debt when you take over.
      2. Win the fans over I.e when a popular player leaves after a long spell at the club, buy every single fan who went to the game a shirt.
      3. Allow 20-30 Million for Transfers in the Winter.
      4. Double the amounts specified on 3 in the summer
      5. Do NOT Operate a Sell-to-Buy policy
      6. Keep You Gawd-damn Promises, the English already have a bad idea of us Americans thanks to George Bush.
      7. If the Fans dont like you, your f**ked so get the hell out of dodge as soon as!

If only we could buy it and send it to the C**ts

and you dont have to rely on a  shirt sponsor to screw more money.

You can do a Aston Villa or Barca and make charitable contributions.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #1116: Jan 11, 2010 03:34:32 pm
      these 2 have become the most hatred pair on the red side of merseyside

they should NEVER have been allowed to take over the club in the first place.

Moores is a huge blame in all of this.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB. GET OUT OF OUR CLUBBBB. YOU LYING bas**rds. GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1117: Jan 11, 2010 03:46:09 pm
      Just been and read the first 2 pages of comments on this thread from 2007 and I feel physically sick. 

That Hicks actually said in the press that "sports businesses" are not about winning trophies but rely on the fan base to bring in the money.

I guess that's why he holds us all in such contempt, he knows that we will always support the Club so he will always make money from us.

The Evil Ba**ard.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1118: Jan 11, 2010 03:52:36 pm
      Just been and read the first 2 pages of comments on this thread from 2007 and I feel physically sick. 

That Hicks actually said in the press that "sports businesses" are not about winning trophies but rely on the fan base to bring in the money.

I guess that's why he holds us all in such contempt, he knows that we will always support the Club so he will always make money from us.

The Evil Ba**ard.

Too true. Just an awful horrible situation we're in these days.

There's only one type of action which would hurt these. But it would also hurt our club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1119: Jan 11, 2010 04:05:38 pm
      But it would also hurt our club.

Our Club is already hurting but we are not mortally wounded yet. 

We need to hurt them in their own backyard though not over here as any action here is like water off a ducks back.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #1120: Jan 11, 2010 04:29:19 pm
      The players have stayed way too quiet for my liking Stevie and Jaime I believe should realize what these two pricks are doing and stand up and show concern at them 2 running the club.. Cause the pressure the fans put on them has so far done nothing only got rid of a spoilt brat....
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #1121: Jan 11, 2010 04:54:39 pm
      When is this pair gonna disappear and never come back. They are doing their very best to destroy LFC.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1122: Jan 11, 2010 08:09:09 pm
      Keep your eyes open, that is my advice.   

I have lived through Tom Hicks ruining my favourite team. I hope you do not have to do the same.

Keep your eyes open, that is my advice.   

I have lived through Tom Hicks ruining my favourite team. I hope you do not have to do the same.

This was posted in July 2007. First page of this thread.
      It is now January 2010.

WE WERE WARNED.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #1123: Jan 11, 2010 08:27:46 pm
      Moores and parry, i hope they feel really proud of themselves when they look in the mirror,why the fcuk did they have to sell to these 2 w*nk stains,i can't help but think there was a nice tax free bung somewhere along the line.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #1124: Jan 11, 2010 11:24:12 pm
      Sooner these pair of cu**s f**k off the better. I'm sick of the negativity and worry that they have brought. Why would you continue on at a club where you are absolutely despised. They must be nuts. We hate you both.  JUST GET OUT!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #1125: Jan 12, 2010 01:12:59 am
      The 2 Yank liars need to get the F**k out...
      Those dick heads do not any love or passion for LFC nor football. They are business people that acquired LFC using debt. Still unbelievable to me how this happened. This is a nightmare...
      I cannot stand those men. What happened to our beloved LFC... Please help...

I am based in Dallas where the Texas Rangers play. Stadium is always full because the local fans in Dallas have a strong tradition for baseball... yet the Rangers suck. They really do. They have one of the lowest payroll in the nation yet they have top revenue. The same is happening unfortunately in Liverpool...
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1126: Jan 12, 2010 01:38:06 am
      Now unfortunately,the nightmare scenario is on the horizon.Rafa must of coursre secure a top four place to safe guard his position.But the gobsh*tes need to attract investment, in order to build the new stadium.This will require success in the CL,something that can't be achieved without investment in the playing staff.

Quick Reply