Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Olympiakos move in to sign Liverpool FC defender Fabio Aurelio

Read 4351 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: Olympiakos move in to sign Liverpool FC defender Fabio Aurelio
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2010 03:55:41 pm
      He's given us some great moments has Fabio.

He's our best left back and on his day he's as good as they come.

But he's got far too many injury problems. Shame to see him leave if it's what happens but it's probably the right time.
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2010 03:57:10 pm
      There is more to this story than meets the eye. It involves OSFP getting rid of a player called Domi in the near future but I believe it is about Torosidis. I actually think OSFP and LFC signed some sort of agreement concerning Torosidis earlier in the year. I think now LFC are seeing who they would not mind dumping in Olympiakos as a kind of part exchange. Needless to say Torosidis will not get much time at RB at LFC, but then again, he is really a midfielder although he is a solid defensive player. We will have to wait and see on this one. Marseille have also been watching Torosidis for years and are liekly to make an offer in the coming months, also he may well play well at the WC and would propbably be wise to wait until after the tournament. I remember another very good Greek player called Giourkas Seitaridis chose to sign with Porto before Euro 2004 only to come into conflict with Real Madrid who wanted him after the tournament. It was messy but in the end Porto would not let him go.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2010 04:55:07 pm
      Would not be bothered about Fabio leaving as he's too injury prone. Only problem would be who would replace him?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2010 05:07:34 pm
      Ye i do seem to remember the name Torosidis from somewhere or other.  Like you say maybe there is a pre-contract agreement in place who knows
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2010 05:39:12 pm
      There is more to this story than meets the eye. It involves OSFP getting rid of a player called Domi in the near future but I believe it is about Torosidis. I actually think OSFP and LFC signed some sort of agreement concerning Torosidis earlier in the year. I think now LFC are seeing who they would not mind dumping in Olympiakos as a kind of part exchange. Needless to say Torosidis will not get much time at RB at LFC, but then again, he is really a midfielder although he is a solid defensive player. We will have to wait and see on this one. Marseille have also been watching Torosidis for years and are liekly to make an offer in the coming months, also he may well play well at the WC and would propbably be wise to wait until after the tournament. I remember another very good Greek player called Giourkas Seitaridis chose to sign with Porto before Euro 2004 only to come into conflict with Real Madrid who wanted him after the tournament. It was messy but in the end Porto would not let him go.
      Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #28: Apr 14, 2010 05:53:06 pm
      10 million? Is that too much to ask?
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 14, 2010 05:58:50 pm
      I think most of us feel the same way on this.  Aurelio was an amazing defender just constant injuries let the poor guy and the team down.  Wishing him the best of luck in the future.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2010 06:45:59 pm
      Scored some amazing goals for us. Hope all goes well with whatever future he has.x
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 14, 2010 07:03:59 pm
      NO real loss to be hhonest, has had an injury plagued time, although i will always remember that goal at sh*te trafford.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Apr 14, 2010 07:17:36 pm
      He is one of the best left backs around in my opinion, that's a big shame that he has been so unlucky with injuries through his career. With the LB spot in the Brazilian team still undecided, he could not only do a great job for us, but also represent his country in the World Cup. Real shame :-\
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Apr 14, 2010 07:23:34 pm
      Bye bye Fabio, Thanks for your services and good luck, Great left back but too injury prone and cant be relied on for that reason, I would love to see Gareth Bale at LB for us with his ability to charge up the flank and frighten the sh*t out of the opposition defence, And hopefully partner David Silva, I reckon we could get him for around £12m, Bale that is, The new owners will need to dig deep and only then will we be able to challenge for major honours next season, I can imagine the amount of weight that would be lifted from around Anfield when those two fuckwits finally F**k off, And the air of expectation gained with new investment and fresh players to strengthen, Roll on the summer.

JFT96              YNWA    IRWT
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Apr 14, 2010 07:30:39 pm
      Just seen what FALIRO posted - good point that.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #35: Apr 14, 2010 11:49:58 pm
      Was great last season but far too injury prone this and during his career with us generally.

Seems like a good lad and if this story is true wish him all the best.

Seem to remember either Carra or Stevie saying something about him being one of the most naturally gifted footballers they'd seen. Shame due to his injury problems we never really saw a 100% Fabio for any length of time.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #36: Apr 15, 2010 03:15:48 am
      would like to see him get one more year and see can the aussie doctor that is coming in this summer do something for him, hes a better option than insua.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #37: Apr 15, 2010 07:05:12 pm
      It will be sad actually.

Great Talent but Croaked by injuries. When fit Aurelio is arguably the best talent in PL. Sweet left foot and can put some decent crosses in the box.

Only thing which has prevented him for making a debut for Brazil is because of his injuries.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38: Apr 15, 2010 08:13:25 pm
      Who else do we have for that position except for Insua? Hope Rafa has someone in mind for a replacement.

Quick Reply