Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Starting XI - if we have £50million to spend in the summer

Read 17159 times
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Re: Starting XI - if we have £50million to spend in the summer
      Reply #138: Apr 16, 2010 05:42:39 am
      i think obtaining all those players is out of our price range. but that's more or less who i'd like to see on our sqaud. three out of the five new additions mentioned above would do.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #139: Apr 16, 2010 06:10:09 am
      new lineup hehe.

reina

santon    kjaer        agger  cissokho/criscito (still undecided about this) 

gerrard  aquilani

maxi                              gourcouff

luis suarez/dzeko (I like suarez more though)

torres

I'd also like to see the likes of pjanic, ninis, rui patricio, and aleksandr kokorin on our side. but that's just wishful thinking on my part. I'd be happy with pjanic and ninis. and possibly igor akinfeev.

You think Carra is a problem we have to go out and spend money on another CB? We need a RB!
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #140: Apr 16, 2010 09:01:22 am
      Fair enough, Skrtel and Agger are still young though so although they can learn a lot from Carra and Sotis, I personally feel that they will become the main partnership over the next couple of years.

spot on
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #141: Apr 16, 2010 01:05:18 pm

Lennon is not a proven goalscorer brains
      and Doyle is IRISH!!!!!!

I thought I already responded to me meaning Doyle has played English football for a long time, not being English but maybe I just meant to say that. And I never say Lennon is a proven goal scorer. I said Doyle would be overpriced (Like Lennon) but even though overpriced is still a proven goalscorer - hearby justifying possible transfer fee.

Chivu anyone? He's the best Left back on Fifa09 (not bothered to invest in Fifa10. Need to lay off the xbox for a while).
      Malstar
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #142: Apr 16, 2010 02:46:31 pm
      I think Rafa may be usuing a slightly more sophistic scouting method then fifa!!!  I can see Rafa going for Doyle, however that shows how low we've come now in terms of our financial power and our fear of buying players who don't work hard for the team.

Anyone know about this striker Rafa's supposedly signed up on a free?  Not another Voronin is he?!  + I'm sure some potential signings will make a name at the world cup, let's hope we don't get another diouf/diao combination!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #143: Apr 16, 2010 02:50:20 pm
      include sales and why, and formation obviously

with £50mill to spend I would

Reina
      Johnson Carra Agger Alves
      Silva Gerrard Masch Kuyt
      Villa Torres

what you reckon

I'd sell Riera, Yossi (good money, aging), Babel, Ngog (on loan)

if we can generate £20million plus, I reckon Rafa might go for a double swoop on villa and silva
      We'd be left with no back-up players and there's no way we can get Alves from Barcelona AND get him playing left back.
      F**k me a whole £50m to spend, Rafa will be doing some brown nosing to get that   :f_tongueincheek: How about this then....

Reina
                     Johnson/kelly    Carra   Agger     Bale
                    Maxi  Gerrard  Masch  Silva/De Maria
                               Jojanovic   Torres                             Bench; Cav Kuyt Lucas Babel Pacheco skirt the Greek

Di Maria would be a good signing, but Bale is off-limits to us.
      100% agree. Watching Sotis play reminds me of the aerial threats being neutralised by Sami before.

If I had 50 million pounds to spend ..

Reina

Johnson      Carragher        Agger            Aurelio

Maxi            Gerrard         Masch           Arda Turan (anyone?)

Silva

Torres

For me, spending a huge amount on David Villa would be pretty risky. Even though Torres and Villa keep saying they play well together, I hardly saw them exchange passes when they are playing for Spain.

Fabio Aurelio could do a good job for us when fit so I'd rather spend money on youngsters like Silva and Turan with alot of abilities than another left back.

However, I guess with also need another striker and as mentioned, Edin Dzeko. Surely we can raise some cash by selling players and with a little bit of luck, use them to bring another forward ;)
      Good Idea with Turan. But I think he's more of a central player and we'd be sacrificing width with him on the left.
      Ideally:
                            Reina
      Johnson     Sotis       Agger      (Some left back)

Gerrard      Masch
      Maxi                                     Silva

Dzeko        Torres

Not sure if £50M would get us Silva, Dzeko and a left back, though.
      Dzeko would be expensive.

I don't know why people are making up formations with 2 strikers, when our goalscoring record is among the best.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #144: Apr 16, 2010 02:51:23 pm
      I thought I already responded to me meaning Doyle has played English football for a long time, not being English but maybe I just meant to say that. And I never say Lennon is a proven goal scorer. I said Doyle would be overpriced (Like Lennon) but even though overpriced is still a proven goalscorer - hearby justifying possible transfer fee.

Chivu anyone? He's the best Left back on Fifa09 (not bothered to invest in Fifa10. Need to lay off the xbox for a while).
      Chivu is as injury prone as Aurelio and almost as old too.
      He'd also cost too much to be considered an investment.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #145: Apr 16, 2010 02:54:27 pm
      lennon to cross the ball in and cahill to head the goals

Lennon can't cross for sh*t.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #146: Apr 16, 2010 02:55:53 pm
      Reina
      Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Vargas
      Mascherano - Aquilani
      Maxi - Gerrard - Suarez
      Torres

That'll do.
      This would work really well. 2 attacking full-backs is not something many sides have. Suarez, I think, said he'd like to stay at Ajax another year though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #147: Apr 16, 2010 02:58:01 pm
      aaron lennon and tim cahill

lennon to cross the ball in and cahill to head the goals

btw   cahill now has the prem league record for headed goals....  25

and value at 16 mill

Cahill's sh*te, I don't care if he can head a ball, how about the other parts of his game.

Aaron Lennon won't be for sale and would cost you a hell of a lot more than whatever you're pricing him at, plus he still has about three years on his contract.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #148: Apr 16, 2010 03:04:04 pm
                 Reina
      Glen Carra Agger Bale
        Maxi Masch Gerrard
            Turan Silva
                Torres

Subs: Kuyt, Cava, Nemeth, Pacheco, Aquilani, Babel, Skrtel

Glen and Maxi running the right, Bale and Gerrard on the left, surely that team is so good it's illegal?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #149: Apr 16, 2010 03:15:32 pm
                Reina
      Glen Carra Agger Bale
        Maxi Masch Gerrard
            Turan Silva
                Torres

Subs: Kuyt, Cava, Nemeth, Pacheco, Aquilani, Babel, Skrtel

Glen and Maxi running the right, Bale and Gerrard on the left, surely that team is so good it's illegal?

If you were going to have those players then I think this would make more sense....

Reina

Glen   Carra   Agger   Bale
                  Masch

Maxi      Gerrard      Turan      

Silva
                Torres

Now that would be frightening.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #150: Apr 16, 2010 03:32:41 pm
      Yeah I guess, but alot of the time the formation goes out the window depending on how the lads perform, still bringing in Bale, Turan and Silva would seriously transform the team. And the bench would be immense.
      Whoisfootball
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      • Im sorry please unban me.
      Reply #151: Apr 16, 2010 03:35:08 pm
      The first team is pretty much sorted we just need to add a left-back but its where the squad comes in that theres a problem because if our key players are not playing then the difference to the players covering is too vast we need to spend 50-60 million on probably 2-4 players that way we are buying quality rather than having 60m and buying 6/7 average players. We need a class left-back for definite anyone else is a bonus. Turan, Silva or Dzeko would be awesome to complete our attack.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #152: Apr 16, 2010 04:01:11 pm
      Forgetting the possibility that Rafa might have a few quid to spend this summer, there's a gem of an experienced striker available on a free this summer....Kevin Kuranyi. I'd much rather him upfront with Torres or on the bench instead of Ngog (who is way out of his depth in the premier league). After doing a bit of research, it seems that Kuranyi is german-brazillian, speaks english and amusingly has the middle name of "Dennis"!! Snap him up Rafa.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #153: Apr 16, 2010 04:03:45 pm
      They are one of the lowest net spending clubs in the premiership. They have also stayed in the top four whist doing this. Is that enough? Or would you like me to tell you wenger is also a dab hand at spotting talented youngsters?

Oops, almost forgot this too. They have a nice new shiny stadium, which brings in a lot more money than we do. They are the perfect example of what you can do if you have long term goals.

Benitez has already done the hard work in wrestling control of the academy from the archaic methods used before. We just need to push our commercial objectives along with building a new stadium to carry on the good work Benitez is doing. Even with the investment I suggested previously, it would only last a short while.

Liverpool football club was built on solid foundations. We have not kept up with the pack and have suffered for years because of this. Our foundations have faltered and need to be rebuilt. Its the only reason I am keeping faith in the manager. I think he has the right idea building upwards. Only time will tell.

One small problem with that....Wenger is amazing at spotting and developing talent. Benitez isn't. His "youth/potential" signings have been nothing short of woeful and a waste of money. Before Beinitez wrestled control of the academy, it produced fowler, owen, carragher, macmanaman to name but a few. What has it done for us lately?
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2010 04:16:28 pm by carheex »
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #154: Apr 16, 2010 04:11:17 pm
                       Reina

Johnson   Sotis   Agger    *Someone*

Krasic  Gerrard   Masch   Mata

Maxi
                        Torres

Cavalieri, Carra, Pacheco, Kuyt, Lucas, Aquilani, Bent

Krasic - 10m, Mata - 20m and Bent 18m.

Some might be hell bent on paying 18m for back up but take Torres out and you have someone who knows what a f**king goal is! Was bummed we didn't get him, and said he'd be near signing of the season in a thread on the General Football Forum. Can score a goal.

Could sell Riera, Benny and Babel and loan Ngog out.

Jovanovich and Nemeth to come in when needed.

£18m players don't sign for clubs as backup though. Would you, if you weren't an LFC fan?
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #155: Apr 16, 2010 06:15:04 pm
      i think Mata or silva are a must

i'd fooking love to see David Villa at liverpool.. but just cant see it, wasnt rafa given the chance to sign him last summer, but turned it down?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #156: Apr 16, 2010 06:31:23 pm
      i think Mata or silva are a must

i'd fooking love to see David Villa at liverpool.. but just cant see it, wasnt rafa given the chance to sign him last summer, but turned it down?
      Yeah, he couldn't be arsed to write the cheque for £30m  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #157: Apr 16, 2010 06:38:07 pm

One small problem with that....Wenger is amazing at spotting and developing talent. Benitez isn't. His "youth/potential" signings have been nothing short of woeful and a waste of money. Before Beinitez wrestled control of the academy, it produced fowler, owen, carragher, macmanaman to name but a few. What has it done for us lately?

What a bunch of F***ing bullshit. Wenger spots all that talent does he? I personally think Wenger is over-rated with all this youth crap. How long has he been building his youth without a trophy now? Signing a player like Ramsey was not Wenger spotting him - i remember watching the lad for Cardiff before he signed for Arsenal and they were already raving about him. Players like Walcott still have not shown their full potential yet IMO, and then someone like Fabregas was a Barca product. Wenger just gets in on the hard work of other academies! The fact their last trophy win was a week or so before Rafa's first says a lot about that youth program. In reality, his greatest success was when he could get in stars like Henry, Ljungberg, Bergkamp etc, not with the fabled "Wenger Youth"

And before Rafa wrested control of the academy just a year ago, it produced what? Those players all came through over a decade ago FFS! Do some god-damned research.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #158: Apr 16, 2010 08:00:42 pm
      Cahill's sh*te, I don't care if he can head a ball, how about the other parts of his game.

Aaron Lennon won't be for sale and would cost you a hell of a lot more than whatever you're pricing him at, plus he still has about three years on his contract.

Have you watched Cahill play lately?   His passing is excellent, his work rate is phenomenal, and his heading prowess is the best in world football. Only his tackling is risky, but overall he kicks arse.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #159: Apr 16, 2010 08:09:05 pm
      What a bunch of f**king bullshit. Wenger spots all that talent does he? I personally think Wenger is over-rated with all this youth crap. How long has he been building his youth without a trophy now? Signing a player like Ramsey was not Wenger spotting him - I remember watching the lad for Cardiff before he signed for Arsenal and they were already raving about him. Players like Walcott still have not shown their full potential yet IMO, and then someone like Fabregas was a Barca product. Wenger just gets in on the hard work of other academies! The fact their last trophy win was a week or so before Rafa's first says a lot about that youth program. In reality, his greatest success was when he could get in stars like Henry, Ljungberg, Bergkamp etc, not with the fabled "Wenger Youth"

And before Rafa wrested control of the academy just a year ago, it produced what? Those players all came through over a decade ago FFS! Do some god-damned research.

Nice!
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #160: Apr 16, 2010 08:57:51 pm
      50M Plus 10m from Standard Charterd also i would sell  Babel 9m,Riera 5m,Cavalieri,2m Degen2m,Itandje1m  = 19m

Total  79m i got to spend my starting 11 would be

Riena

Johnson              Agger            Hangeland 7 to 10m          Bains 5 to 7m

Joan Moutinho 10 to 15m          Macherano        Gerrard              Robben 10 to 15m

Torres             Villa 20 to 30m

Quick Reply