Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Urgent Virus Help

Read 12558 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Urgent Virus Help
      Reply #69: Jun 18, 2011 10:53:37 am
      No I didnt have it beat, turned on this morning keep getting a security shield message asking me to register and telling me that I have all kind of infections going on argggggggggg  I know that it has something to do with it , was running like a dream last night so dont quite understand what has happened

Had the same on laptop, thought I had it beat with AVG alas I was force to do full reformat.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #70: Jun 18, 2011 11:07:29 am
      Scrap that think I am in the crapper its gone up to 68 threats so far the latest being an adware tracking cookie.

Tracking cookies are low risk. Most anti virus' should remove them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #71: Jun 18, 2011 11:25:40 am
      No but its my last resort will give it a bash now. thanks.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #72: Jun 18, 2011 01:31:45 pm
      Been trying to run it for over an hour now took me a long time to get shot of avg  because it was blocking it now when i try to run it i keep getting a message cannot rename combofik then it shuts down ,,, any ideas.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #73: Jun 18, 2011 01:35:00 pm
      Reboot your system mate and start up in Safe mode, do a system restore back a week or so, start up again in Safe mode  and run the SUPERAntiSpyware again. That should sort it.

StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #74: Jun 18, 2011 01:42:20 pm
      If you get to the point where it doesn't let you boot up the PC at all, you know the Virus has won, I had that and I ended up reinstalling my OS.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #75: Jun 18, 2011 02:13:36 pm
      If you get to the point where it doesn't let you boot up the PC at all, you know the Virus has won, I had that and I ended up reinstalling my OS.
      Not true, mate, I had that same issue a couple of months back. It was also redirecting Firefox so I couldn't search for a solution. I switched to IE instead, Googled the exact virus name and found out what it was. Managed to download a program called TDSSKiller that's a stinger for that specific virus. Job done.

Been trying to run it for over an hour now took me a long time to get shot of avg  because it was blocking it now when i try to run it i keep getting a message cannot rename combofik then it shuts down ,,, any ideas.
      Rename it? Sorry mate, never seen that before, it's usually my fall-back program that I can rely on if things get screwy.
      Make sure that the file you downloaded it called 'ComboFix.exe'. If not, right click and rename it to that then double click to run it.
      Can't stand AVG by the way, never got on with it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #76: Jun 18, 2011 02:22:32 pm
      Andy, forget Combofox for a minute (thought it won't hurt to run it later). Here are specific instructions for removing that Trojan. It looks like a lot but just follow it step by step (print them if you have a printer).

End Processes

Press "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "Escape" to open the Task Manager.

Click on the "Processes" tab of the Task Manager and then click on the "Show Processes From All Users" button at the bottom of the Task Manager.

End the following processes. To end a process, right-click on the process and select "End Process." Note that the processes are listed under the "Image Name" heading.

search[2].exe

sysrtmvs.exe

senh.exe

wd7gi8nnew.exe

visfx500new.exe

OEM.exe

numbsoftnew.exe

Mendoza1.exe

Mendoza.exe

Close the Task Manager.
          Delete Registry Entries

Click on the "Start" menu icon and type "regedit" into the "Search Programs and Files" box and press "Enter." The Registry Editor opens.

Click on "Edit" and then "Find" and type "Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Emitt" into the "Find Box" and click "Find Next."

Right-click on the highlighted registry entry and select "Delete."

Close the Registry Editor.
          Delete Files

Click on the "Start" menu icon and then click on the "Search Programs and Files" box.

Search for and delete each of the following files. To delete a file, right-click on it and select "Delete."

"search[2].exe"

"sysrtmvs.exe"

"aouei"

"senh.exe"

"wd7gi8nnew.exe"

"visfx500new.exe"

"OEM.exe"

"numbsoftnew.exe"

"Mendoza1.exe"

"Mendoza.exe"

Restart your computer.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #77: Jun 18, 2011 02:47:55 pm
      Hi Andy, sorry to see your problems are ongoing, I think it's safe to assume that AVG wasn't picking up false positives and going ahead with the steps Reps posted (I know its you this time!  :f_doh:  :D) and trying to get rid of that trojan dropper is number one priority. That's the one that's letting all these other threats in and even if you manage to clear all the other adware, malware and infections, if the trojan dropper remains it'll just 'let in' more through a backdoor.

Following those steps, I'd recommend you start your computer in safe mode and run MalwareBytes and Super AntiSpyware to clear up some of the rest of the spyware that's been missed.

Did you get to follow all those steps in the forum link I posted?

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #78: Jun 18, 2011 03:13:38 pm
      Following your steps rep and get as far as edit but when clicking the edit button there is a drop down menu but no option to find and type just says cut /copy /copy to folder /or move to folder .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #79: Jun 18, 2011 03:17:37 pm
      Scrap that ive got as far as the registry and searching.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #80: Jun 18, 2011 03:30:53 pm
      Followed all that REP got to the end and each file i looked for it couldnt find. does that mean it is gone ? confused .com has set in now.  :f_doh:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #81: Jun 18, 2011 03:54:23 pm
      Followed all that REP got to the end and each file I looked for it couldnt find. does that mean it is gone ? confused .com has set in now.  :f_doh:

No, it's unlikely that the virus is gone because it's actually the last step (deleting the files) that removes the trojan. I'm not sure why you can't find the files though, perhaps try using Windows Explorer instead of the start menu.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #82: Jun 18, 2011 07:14:29 pm
      Followed all that REP got to the end and each file i looked for it couldnt find. does that mean it is gone ? confused .com has set in now.  :f_doh:
      To be honest Anday, that probably does mean that the Tojan Dropper had been removed. Unfortunately as others have said, it will have allowed other sh*t into your system. Until you find out what those are, I'm afraid I can be of no more help. Sorry mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #83: Jun 19, 2011 12:08:54 am
      Big thanks to all you , been on it about 12 hours ,had to go out and have a pint with me mates , out tomorrow in a show but will set about it when i get home .
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #84: Jun 19, 2011 12:09:17 am
      Download Microsoft Security Essentials.

AVG is absolute bollocks.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #85: Jul 21, 2011 03:11:59 pm
      Is Microsoft Security Essentials worth downloading Res?

Is it better than Norton and the like?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #86: Jul 21, 2011 03:12:58 pm
      Is Microsoft Security Essentials worth downloading Res?

Is it better than Norton and the like?

Yes, best one out there at the moment - and it's free.

Just have to download it off the Microsoft website.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #87: Jul 21, 2011 03:14:34 pm
      Okay thanks, I have a trial of McAffee on atm but will get rid of that and put Microsoft on.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #88: Jul 21, 2011 04:45:14 pm
      I use MSE as well and it's very unobtrusive, even on my slow pc. Less hassle than any others I've used (AVG, Avast, ESET, McAfee).

Quick Reply