Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Pre match thread

Read 19154 times
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Re: Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Thursday 29th April; 20:05pm
      Reply #46: Apr 27, 2010 12:58:17 pm
      Reina

Johnson  Carra  Sotis   Agger

Yossi   Gerrard   Masch  Babel

Aquilani

Kuyt

Yeah that would do me that
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Apr 27, 2010 01:00:41 pm
      Quite sad that a semi final 2nd leg of a European comp is on 2 pages while the outcome of Sundays game thread is on 9 pages. Says alot to me that

Quite sad innit?!

I am fully confident that we can get the job done, it will be very difficult for us backs against the wall stuff but then that's when the mighty Liverpool is best.

I am in two minds about the central midfield for this. I think we might see the Lucas-Masch partnership to start off with and Aquilani to be brought on early in the second  half. There is no way Aquilani will have the full match fitness to last the full 90 or potentially the 120 minutes.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #48: Apr 27, 2010 02:22:37 pm
      2 days away and im nervous and weary of this

Hopefully Reyes isn't playing as I think he will dive his way to a penalty infront of the KOP

dreamed that last night
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #49: Apr 27, 2010 06:26:10 pm
      Is Kuyt doubtful for this one?
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #50: Apr 27, 2010 07:21:12 pm
      I'm already looking forward to this one. Gerrard is motivated fully; I just read some of his quotes from the official website and he sounds focussed + determined. Good news for us.

Personally I hope Kuyt makes a recovery in time for this one. We need to be at full compliment for Madrid. We have done it before and we cando it again.

I think Lucas is confident in European matches after his well taken goal in the previous tie so I will not mind if he plays but I feel Rafa will opt for a show of force and put all the big hitters out and adopt an offensive tactic.

Game of the season
      I can't wait!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #51: Apr 27, 2010 07:38:41 pm
      Aguero's back isn't he.

Just like I said after the 1-0 first leg defeat against Lille - I think Atletico will score.  We're going to need at least 3 goals.  Difference for that home leg was that we had some Spanish fella with a number 9 on the back of his shirt.

No such luck this time. 
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #52: Apr 27, 2010 07:40:34 pm
      If I'm being honest I'm feeling very pessimistic.

Aguero is back - just watching Revista de La Liga now - he scored in an Atletico win.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 27, 2010 07:44:07 pm
      Going to be tight, but there's no reason why we can't win it. Come on red men!!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #54: Apr 27, 2010 07:52:22 pm
      I agree. Not feeling exactly confident about this. Need 3 1st half goals to relax the nerves. :D
      Aguero gives a lot of firepower to their attack, its a big boost to their team. Just need to be careful of him.

Still, its a European night. Its Anfield. Enough said.
      Gotta go out their and give our best shot at the only silverware we can win this season.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 27, 2010 08:00:09 pm
                  Pepe

Johnson Carragher Sotis Agger

Mascherano   Gerrard

Maxi         Aqua       Yossi

Kuyt/Babel

A nice attacking lineup all the way. Come on you red men the 12 man will behind you all the way!
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #56: Apr 27, 2010 08:09:31 pm
      I wouldn't be too worried about Atletico. They were pretty awful in the first leg and despite playing at home in a semi-final only created a few chances. Yes, they have Aguero back and he will make a difference but can you honestly see them playing Aguero, Forlan, Reyes and Simao when they have to protect a 1-0 lead. Not one of them defend so something will have to give.

The game will hinge on what WE do and not what they do. If we keep the ball better, create chances and most importantly, take them, then we will win comfortably. We are the better side.

One thing that does make me slighlty nervous is the absence of Kuyt. He isn't everybody's favourite but he consistently scores goals in important games and with Torres out we really need that.

Come on Redmen. Believe!!
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #57: Apr 27, 2010 08:11:27 pm
                  Pepe

Johnson Carragher Sotis Agger

Mascherano   Gerrard

Maxi         Aqua       Yossi

Kuyt/Babel

Maxi is ineligible   :(
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #58: Apr 27, 2010 08:18:10 pm
      Athletico were terrible in the first match and still managed to score against us. Our defence has been bad this season, and even if we are playing them off the park in this game I will be panicing every time a cross or corner comes in.

I think with the Kop behind us we'll score at least 2, but my finger nails wont last the entire match! Can't wait though.

Mon the Reds  :celebrate:
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #59: Apr 27, 2010 08:20:34 pm
      Oh right I'd probably just stick Kuyt there then for his work rate, or possibly give Pacheco a chance?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Apr 27, 2010 09:49:07 pm
      Agger was only precautionary so he should feature. Any updates on Kuyt?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #61: Apr 28, 2010 02:09:13 am
      Not fussed about Aguero Monster Masch will eat him up.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #62: Apr 28, 2010 03:14:15 am
      Masch - "Aguero lad, wanna come to the World Cup?"
      :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #63: Apr 28, 2010 04:58:48 am
      Damn it, where are all our fans from the other side of the world? I'm on a 12 hour night shift and bored shitless!
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2010 06:21:31 am by Reprobate »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #64: Apr 28, 2010 06:14:55 am
      Well i'm confident. I don't think sitting back will suit them and with Kuyt/Maxi potentially out we could see Aquilani start and tear them a new one with all the space left.

Our defence needs to stay in one line and with Lucas/Masch we'll cut out anything that comes our way.

2-0 win.
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #65: Apr 28, 2010 08:01:33 am
      I don't think Lucas should start. Masch and Stevie centre-mid, Aqua just behind striker. Gold! And don't play N'Frog, try Babel up front...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #66: Apr 28, 2010 08:24:06 am
      I don't think Lucas should start. Masch and Stevie centre-mid, Aqua just behind striker. Gold! And don't play N'Frog, try Babel up front...

Who do you play on the left if you play Babel as a striker??
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #67: Apr 28, 2010 08:42:56 am
      Who do you play on the left if you play Babel as a striker??

Yossi left (this is if Kuyts out) Babel up top with either Stevie on the right with Aqua in his role and Masch and Lucas midfiled or else MAsch to right back Aqua beside lucas Johnson on the right and Stevie in his "hole"
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #68: Apr 28, 2010 08:54:45 am
      Yossi left (this is if Kuyts out) Babel up top with either Stevie on the right with Aqua in his role and Masch and Lucas midfiled or else MAsch to right back Aqua beside lucas Johnson on the right and Stevie in his "hole"

All good in theory, but I can not see Stevie on the right.

Quick Reply