Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Medal of Honor

Read 5388 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Medal of Honor
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2010 05:42:36 pm
      Seems like a good shooter. Nothing new, but decent. Gets 76 on Metacritic so far.

G4TV gave it a 4/5, which is a good sign. Not sure if I'll 'buy' this though.. EA have had enough of my money over the years :).

As for the COD/BF2 debate, I don't think you'll find a single shooter nowadays that doesn't 'steal' some idea from some other shooter. Still, the constant stream of samey FPS's is kind of boring at times.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2010 02:33:25 pm
      Rented this. So far, I've completed the first 'mission'.

Hmm. It seems alright. Most you'd want from a shooting game, but it's nothing new and it feels very much like CoD apart from poorer graphics perhaps. Yet to play online though, so maybe I'll be given a completely different experience there...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2010 04:23:39 pm
      Rented this. So far, I've completed the first 'mission'.

Hmm. It seems alright. Most you'd want from a shooting game, but it's nothing new and it feels very much like CoD apart from poorer graphics perhaps. Yet to play online though, so maybe I'll be given a completely different experience there...

With Battlefield : Bad Company 2, the single player missions were fun but nothing amazing. The online game, however was brilliant and I think that's what these games are aimed at now. I'm hoping that side of MoH will as good as anticipated.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2010 07:39:22 pm
      The online is good, but overall it feels like nothing on CoD.

It's hardly a bad game, but to me it really lacks something. I won't be buying it I don't think. I'll wait for Black Ops.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2010 12:23:39 pm
      Made a big decision.

This is still in it's sealed packaging because I haven't had time to give it a go yet. Now that it's released, I've had chance to read customer reviews. It seems that although it was a highly anticipated game, it's nowhere near as good as Bad Company 2, the graphics aren't great and it, apparently, feels as though they rushed it's development. Such a shame but I think I'll wait for the next Battlefield.
      In the meantime, I've decided to return it to Play.com and buy FIFA 11 instead. At least then if the missus moans I can say it's for the kids as well, ;D
      Seriously though, they always play it in Gamestation when we go in so maybe I should have been less selfish and bought that in the first place!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #28: Oct 30, 2010 03:38:18 pm
      i thought the campain was good but too short and not anything groundbreaking havent played online yet as fifa takes too much online time up so if anyone thinking about buying it maybe worth a rent 1st

^ good move reprobate
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2012 11:46:14 am
      Got this game for dirt cheap.

Singleplayer is sh*te. I stromed through the levels. Even the hard level on it is pretty easy.

Multiplayer is OK. Its a mixture of BF and COD. There are flaws like Not enough weapons, No killcam, No recoil, Sniper is one hit kill. It dosen't matter whether you get hit on the leg or head. So snipe-fest is going in all the lobbies. The Maps are pretty awesome. Im still killing the game as I'm awright in FPS games.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2012 09:12:01 pm
      Can never get around playing this sh*t.

I will only buy Call of Duty and Battlefield for FPS.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #31: Mar 18, 2012 11:50:18 am
      Got this game for dirt cheap.

Singleplayer is sh*te. I stromed through the levels. Even the hard level on it is pretty easy.

Multiplayer is OK. Its a mixture of BF and COD. There are flaws like Not enough weapons, No killcam, No recoil, Sniper is one hit kill. It dosen't matter whether you get hit on the leg or head. So snipe-fest is going in all the lobbies. The Maps are pretty awesome. Im still killing the game as I'm awright in FPS games.
      Taking My words Back. The Game is Horrible. The more you play. The more you realise how bad it is.

Quick Reply