Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1115686 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #10902: Apr 06, 2014 07:33:36 pm
      Boss.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #10903: Apr 06, 2014 10:05:56 pm
      Great game today! Lovely ball for the second penalty. Good to have him back, could be very important in our last 5 games
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10904: Apr 06, 2014 10:10:02 pm
      Better than Diame...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10905: Apr 06, 2014 10:32:31 pm
      I was very surprised when Lucas came on, but he made the difference in the second half. Helped the midfield control the game, which I think Brendan maybe thought was a little to physical to bring on Allen.

I don't expect him to start against Citeh, but I wouldn't worry too much if he did on that performance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10906: Apr 06, 2014 11:02:56 pm
      Brendan is a genius.

Lucas is BOSS. Love him...still. Superb performance. Was everywhere and looked sharp.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10907: Apr 06, 2014 11:08:06 pm
      His name is Lucas................... ..........
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #10908: Apr 06, 2014 11:13:13 pm
      Everyone was so happy after Gerrards goal but Lucas just looked like he was completely over the moon.

So happy for him.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #10909: Apr 07, 2014 12:38:00 am
      Lucas is a big game player. Against Citeh hemay be just what we need but it depends on  what we do with Stevie.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10910: Apr 07, 2014 02:23:02 am
      His first touch of the game was a real heart in mouth moment, when he headed the ball dangerously back towards the keeper.

Other than that, I think he had a pretty solid game. I think Sterling became more involved and did a lot of good things when the shape of the team was swapped by Brendan for the second half.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10911: Apr 07, 2014 04:12:13 am
      Massive performance from Lucas.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #10912: Apr 07, 2014 04:21:40 am
      I just watched the cameo by Lucas. He's great. However many weeks out and straight back in and looking great. You can start him against City or bring him on and it doesn't matter you know what you will get. The thing about the City game is Lucas plays better the better the opposition. Personally if his fitness is up to it I would play him instead of Allen and Coutinho in this game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10913: Apr 07, 2014 09:34:56 am
      Did exceptionally well when he came on.  I actually prefer him in a more advanced role and if he is to be involved in the City game then I see no reason to move Gerrard anywhere.

It's good to have him back as we now have another midfielder with plenty of big game experience that will be invaluable next season when we have CL and need to rotate more than we have.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #10914: Apr 07, 2014 12:41:29 pm
      Played like Federer. Calm, and with the killer touch.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,154 posts | 3385 
      Reply #10915: Apr 07, 2014 02:26:43 pm
      Played very well when he came on yesterday and what was evident was he was actually further up the pitch than usual in the more traditional central midfield role. And because of that he was able to influence our attack.

Well done Lucas lad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #10916: Apr 07, 2014 03:15:16 pm
      Played like Federer. Calm, and with the killer touch.

I see what you did there ;D Very nice.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10917: Apr 20, 2014 02:10:06 pm
      A woeful performance from Lucas today.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10918: Apr 20, 2014 03:23:08 pm

I certainly wouldn't go that far, particularly given he was playing completely out of position. He lacks the pace and mobility to play anywhere else other than as a holding midfielder (or whatever else anyone wants to call the role) so he's always going to look a bit like a star shaped peg in a hole that's not actually been cut out yet anywhere else. Given his lack of legs I actually thought he did pretty well and didn't let anyone down. His distribution was fairly sound, and even when he had to get forward he did OK. I think you're being a bit harsh mate, particularly as him playing on the right or tip of the diamond is probably about the same as asking Coutinho to play holding mid.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10919: Apr 20, 2014 03:26:35 pm
      Broke up their play more than anyone else in our side outside of Skrtel. Provided great cover, was up and down the pitch more than Allen hence why the boss pulled Joe rather than Lucas.

5 or 6 great tackles and a couple of them that almost resulted in goals for us early on. Outside of the first few minutes didn't really give the ball away, should have scored at the end but was knackered so didn't have the legs left to shift it to the side. Was testament to his performance that he was the midfielder up there supporting and then was the quickest back on Norwich's counter. Anyone criticising him has an agenda it's that simple the lad played his heart out today and can come off with his head held high.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10920: Apr 20, 2014 03:30:09 pm
      Thought we missed Hendo a lot but Lucas did all that could be asked of him. Big worry for the next two games though, Chelsea home and Palace away.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #10921: Apr 20, 2014 03:39:56 pm
      Lucas did a decent job but his lack of mobility compared to Henderson was glaring.

He'd have to be the one dropped if Sturridge comes back in. Allen can press the ball much better because he's more athletic.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10922: Apr 20, 2014 03:49:15 pm
      I certainly wouldn't go that far, particularly given he was playing completely out of position. He lacks the pace and mobility to play anywhere else other than as a holding midfielder (or whatever else anyone wants to call the role) so he's always going to look a bit like a star shaped peg in a hole that's not actually been cut out yet anywhere else. Given his lack of legs I actually thought he did pretty well and didn't let anyone down. His distribution was fairly sound, and even when he had to get forward he did OK. I think you're being a bit harsh mate, particularly as him playing on the right or tip of the diamond is probably about the same as asking Coutinho to play holding mid.

Problem was, due to his limitations we ended up having two sitters and conceded possession and territory to a team threatened by relegation.

His shortcomings today were prevalent and we clearly missed Henderson, no doubt.

In fact, I'd rather see Coutinho who has played in the role Lucas started today, play ahead of Lucas, he has the ability along with Allen and Henderson likewise to get the midfield and team on the front foot.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #10923: Apr 20, 2014 05:31:31 pm

Not woeful, just a very average Lucas like performance, static, conceding needless fouls and good pressing.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10924: Apr 20, 2014 05:45:01 pm
      I thought he was very poor today, offered absolutely nothing to the game.

This was in contrast to the energetic Allen, who pressed well, tackled well, and had an all round good display.

In no way is he fit to start against Chelsea to be brutally honest.

Quick Reply