Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Alberto Aquilani
      (58.7%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (18.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (4%)
      Ryan Babel
      (1.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (17.3%)

Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration

Read 64513 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration
      Reply #1173: Apr 30, 2010 02:28:22 am
      Read his others. There's a few there.

He'd get all 5 nominations and probably still lose hes that much of a shithouse.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1174: Apr 30, 2010 02:30:24 am
      f**k this sh*t, I came home from work and downloaded the game. I didnt know there was extra time so I just downloaded the two half's . I was 95% sure that we were going to win. then I saw on bbc that we lost in extra time.
      I feel so fu**ed up right now and I hate myself. now I have to go through all that shitty emotions tomorrow. cant wait til the season is over.
      plus i have to wake up in about 4 hours and i havent gone to sleep yet.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #1175: Apr 30, 2010 02:42:24 am
      Can't possibly agree with half the people on here who say it was a good performance, thought it was extremely average myself.  First 15-20 mins was good and a couple of corners in the opening 2-3 mins but I wasnt that impressed after that.

Too slower build-up, mis-placed passes and Ryan Babel - if i see a lazier player in my whole life ill be amazed.  Add to that the fact the substitutions were bizarre!  You have 15 mins, you need a goal and who does he bring all?  Bloody Philip Degen ???

I dont think we deserved to go through tonight.  The crowd gave it their all tonight and the players didn't respond.  The first leg was a disaster and tonight just proved how much we miss Torres when he doesn't play.  Rafa simply hasn't got it right.

The sooner this season ends and we can get fresh faces in at all levels the better
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #1176: Apr 30, 2010 02:47:21 am
      I blame that magpie...
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1177: Apr 30, 2010 02:47:28 am
      As soon as foreskin scored that goal my eyes just welled up!  COuldnt believe it, absolutely gutted! We bossed the game and definately deserved to go through, unfortunately football rules my life and thatl be me sulking til the chelsea game!
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #1178: Apr 30, 2010 02:50:02 am
      Bossed the game?????

Which game were you watching??
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1179: Apr 30, 2010 02:52:46 am
      and Ryan Babel - if I see a lazier player in my whole life ill be amazed.

He is indeed a less skilled version of Berbatov.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1180: Apr 30, 2010 02:57:15 am

Poor thing looked so helpless trapped on the pitch and unable to fly due to losing so many of its tail feathers...I almost went and told a steward to move it off the pitch before the game, but just as I was about to Steven Gerrard of all people pointed it out to one who did F**k all but chase it a couple of yards.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1181: Apr 30, 2010 03:05:27 am
      Sorry dryder i must have been watchin the luton game? What f***in game do you think i was watching? We were all over them for the majority of the game!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1182: Apr 30, 2010 03:10:35 am
      Reina(7)- solid throughout and could do nothing about goal.
      Mascherano (8)- did brilliantly in unknown territory, works tirelessly but went to sleep and gave Forlan space for goal.
      Carragher(8)- solid throughout, always knew where Aguero was and didnt give him an inch
      Agger(8)- great heading and again was generally solid
      Johnson(7)- less effective than when at right back but, some silly fouls but made good forward runs
      Benayoun(9)-thought he was superb. never stopped running and took goal very well.
      Lucas(7)-was not bad but wasnt great either. Didnt feature much.
      Aqualani(8)-wonderfully taken goal, great quick passing getting attacks going,could be like a new signing if fit next season.
      Babel(7)- can be lazy but crowd were excited when he was given ball, pity much of that excitement was short-lived.Lively though
      Gerrard(8)-form is improving. great first half, driven performance but faded second half. Looked tired then
      Kuyt(7)- 100% effort as usual, but hes no Torres is he to lead the line?
      SUBS(6)- all were pretty ineffective. Wish Pacheco was given longer.

Overall, we deserved our win on the night but we played SHI*E fist half and what I mean by that is the fist half being the 1st Leg. We needed that away goal and would be looking forward to facing Fulham if we ahd got it. Unfrtunately a cun*ish linesman disallowed an onside Benayoun goal and we're out.
      The season is not over yet and I hope we can pick ourselves up for Sunday and beat Chelsea with Darren Bent and co beating the Scum.....
      YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1183: Apr 30, 2010 03:14:10 am
      Babel(7)- can be lazy but crowd were excited when he was given ball

No we wern't...said earlier on, it was more telling him not to prove hes not a lazy shithouse.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1184: Apr 30, 2010 03:14:16 am
      The boys played well.

I would have thought Johnson would have been better on the right as playing on the left, he wasn't as dangerous as he use to be.

Bottom line? we lacked quality on the bench.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1185: Apr 30, 2010 03:18:35 am
      why  didnt rafa put on pacheo instead of el zahr he just keeps on ignoring him as though he doesnt exist
      passenger815
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #1186: Apr 30, 2010 03:20:31 am
      Thing that upset me most about tonight was the fact that we didnt really create a single clear cut chance after forlans goal.
      Was a signal of two things -
      the fact that the lads were spent and had put (for 90 mins at least) their all in
       and that we had absolutely no quality on the bench
      passenger815
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #1187: Apr 30, 2010 03:24:35 am

Lucas(7)-was not bad but wasnt great either. Didnt feature much.

Think credit has to be given for the ball he played for yossi's goal!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1188: Apr 30, 2010 03:30:03 am
      No we wern't...said earlier on, it was more telling him not to prove hes not a lazy shithouse.
      I did say it was short-lived....:D
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Elizabeth from Norway in the Kop
      Reply #1189: Apr 30, 2010 03:41:23 am
      Sorry if this is in the wrong section guys, feel free to move it!

Was this some pretty good scouse humour from a blue nose? It certainly stuck out like a sore thumb, usually they only say "could *name* contact their nearest steward please", but this time was a bit more detailed.

We have a message for Elizabeth from Norway in the Kop...

Devastating, I doubt there was a Norwegian Elizabeth in our kop, and if she was I doubt she was fit. :(

Anyone else get onto it? Believable? Blue nose prank calls to anfield?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1190: Apr 30, 2010 03:50:47 am
      Sorry if this is in the wrong section guys, feel free to move it!

Was this some pretty good scouse humour from a blue nose? It certainly stuck out like a sore thumb, usually they only say "could *name* contact their nearest steward please", but this time was a bit more detailed.

We have a message for Elizabeth from Norway in the Kop...

Devastating, I doubt there was a Norwegian Elizabeth in our kop, and if she was I doubt she was fit. :(

Anyone else get onto it? Believable? Blue nose prank calls to anfield?

You're on your own there. And that didn't constitute a new topic in the Kop.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1191: Apr 30, 2010 04:12:36 am
      I can't really question the subs, because if anyone hasn't noticed, our great owners haven't graced us with quality back up players. Rafa had no choice but to bring El Zhar, Pacheco, and Degen. They were the only real offensive players we had on the bench, besides N'gog who was suffering from a back injury.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #1192: Apr 30, 2010 04:21:37 am
      I'm still smiling, overall a good performance and I feel we deserved to go through..

Maybe if we had gotten an away goal in the first leg it would have been a different story, unlucky you red men and good luck to Fulham!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1193: Apr 30, 2010 05:38:06 am
      ^ Fair point.  It's easy for some people to pick on the squad as a whole but

Gerrard
      Johnson
      Kuyt

All players heading to the World Cup - were all abysmal.  Totally below what is expected.

I agree that Babel did show a little bit of passion.  Unfortunately it doesn't make up entirely for the fact he is sh*t.
      Tell you what, every single red put a shift in tonight. One moment of defensive lapse from two out of position players cost us massively.

Masch was outstanding at right back, Carra and Agger were mostly assured, Lucas was absolutely F***ing brilliant in midfield, Benny and Babel worked like Trojans on the wing, Aquilani was sublime and Kuyt fought for everything up front. Absolutely no disgrace in that defeat tonight.

You know what the story of this entire season is? If it wasn't for injuries and our paper thin squad.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1194: Apr 30, 2010 05:45:21 am
      aquas goal was F***ing class but something just wasn't there in the second half, gerrard went missing completely i felt..

i sure aint smiling
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1195: Apr 30, 2010 06:02:15 am
      Our RB played LB, DM played RB. Two make-shift full backs, who kept some darn good wingers quiet. Brilliant, if it wasn't for a momentary lapse of concentration. We have no strikers fit; No Torres, no Ngog and make no mistake, Ngog was a better option than Kuyt solo upfront. Kuyt was immense while surely carrying an injury.

Aquilani was just superb; this is what we all expected from him, and this is what we'll see all of next season. Stevie got lost toward the end of the game, but boy, did he drive us in the beginning...

I'm gutted but f**king proud! One thing became clear after this night - it's not important who's on the field, as long as you wear a red shirt, make sure you put in a f**king performance. That's what we've been missing.

Tears rolled out last night, we will be back next season.
      Liverpool F.C. - You'll Never Walk Alone .. No matter what.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2010 06:16:22 am by Arrie »

Quick Reply