Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Extra time away goals

Read 6953 times
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Extra time away goals
      Apr 30, 2010 01:10:41 am
      Reflecting on our exit from the Europa League, what are your opinions on this rule?

Personally it is unfair on whoever has to play at home in the second leg. Take tonight as an example, we were beaten 1-0 when Atl were at home, so they come to anfield and are themselves beaten 1-0, all's fair and even. If we draw in extra time it should be a draw, we were not given an extra 30 minutes at Vicente Calderon Stadium to score an away goal. So basically, to win, we had to lead by 1 goal and they only had to draw.

How's that fair?

Also bear in mind that for every game except Unirea we played at home on the second leg, so we've always been disadvantaged if the game was to go into extra time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Extra time away goals
      Reply #1: Apr 30, 2010 01:12:34 am
      Works both ways unfortunately, and unluckily we enever went through but thats football.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Apr 30, 2010 01:12:47 am
      It's a good point that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #3: Apr 30, 2010 01:13:56 am
      I was going to start a similar topic mate!

As it got towards the end of 90 minutes tonight I was convinced the away goals didn't count in extra time. It was only during extra time that it dawned on me I was wrong and a goal for them would still be enough.

I can't see how it's fair that one team can have an extra 30 minutes to get their away goal and this rule needs looking at in my opinion but I know when I mention this in work tomorrow I'll be called a bad loser even though most will secretly agree with me!
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 30, 2010 01:14:20 am
      Works both ways unfortunately, and unluckily we enever went through but thats football.
      Aye I understand that mate, but it hasn't worked our way since our first europa game if you know what i mean?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Apr 30, 2010 01:15:26 am
      Decent point there actually. Never thought about it like that before.

Guess it evens things up though in a way - the general thought is that playing at home second is better. Therefore having extra-time at home sort of evens it out?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Apr 30, 2010 01:19:47 am
      Aye I understand that mate, but it hasn't worked our way since our first europa game if you know what i mean?

On the flip side of the debate mate, if it had we wouldn't be having this debate, however  we done enoughto go through this evening, just a shame we didn't over two legs, but as Liverpool fans we get over it and look to the next game.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #7: Apr 30, 2010 01:21:19 am
      Ive always hated the away goals rule. If there are two legs, one home and away, then theres no need for a random rule to give whoever is drawn at home first an advantage.

A team should win a match on goals they've put in the back of the net, not goals given to them by a few lines in the rulebook.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #8: Apr 30, 2010 01:25:37 am
      It's a good point - but I suppose it evens out the advantage of playing at home second leg?

I think the away goals rule is a good one in that it adds all sorts of tactical dimensions to games - but after 90 minutes then surely it isn't the 'game' going in to extra time but the 'tie'?

Anyway, I'm sure we will take advantage of the rule one day (if we haven't already done so).
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 30, 2010 01:36:09 am
      Definitely a good shout. It simply should go back to square one if the tie goes into extra time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Apr 30, 2010 01:44:23 am
      Very good point but at the end of the day we wouldn't have minded if it was the other way round.

Think it does need reviewing though because after when it goes to extra time it is sort of another game because we would have had our 90 minutes to get an away goal and they would have had theirs. But then again like JD said, does it make up for having the 2nd leg in front of our own fans?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Apr 30, 2010 01:53:39 am
      Not worried about this really as it has often worked for us. Great semi final. Pity were not in the final but enjoyed tonights game. Personally I would always be in favour of a rule that makes penalties less likely.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Apr 30, 2010 02:32:03 am
      We get 90 mins to score away goal. Atletico get 120 minutes.

Isn't that the way it should be looked at?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #13: Apr 30, 2010 02:40:05 am
      It was funny tonight. With all the stupid things UEFA have introduced in recent years I wasn't even sure if when we scored our second goal we had scored the 'golden goal'.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #14: Apr 30, 2010 02:41:05 am
      It has 2 sides to it mate! If your away first leg then you have the away goal in your favour! And when your away 2nd leg you have the extra time away goals in your favour (not saying i agree with it, as extra time is a rarity) If we had of won in the fashion that athletico did, then there would have been a topic about this, i just feel that we thought it was game over (as so did i when yossi scored)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2010 02:41:46 am

It's how I'm looking at it. Honestly I love the away goals rule, think it adds some excitement as well as something for the away team to go after. However, one team getting an extra 30 minutes to take advantage of that rule? No thanks.

If it happened to us I would be happy, but if someone brought this up to me then I'd say 'yeah, that is a bit unfair'

That extra 30 minutes was to decide the entire tie. So IMO, no away goals. It's square one at that point.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2010 02:42:21 am
      JD, if only the golden goal rule still applied!

I wouldnt be at home now, crying into a pint!  :'(
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2010 02:42:49 am
      Isn't it great when it works in your favour , but it's a massive kick in guts when it works against your team .
      We were all laughin when this rule knocked out the dirty Mancs weren't we ,
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2010 02:44:44 am
      It has 2 sides to it mate! If your away first leg then you have the away goal in your favour! And when your away 2nd leg you have the extra time away goals in your favour (not saying I agree with it, as extra time is a rarity) If we had of won in the fashion that athletico did, then there would have been a topic about this, I just feel that we thought it was game over (as so did I when yossi scored)

Pure pie eyed here boys so bear with me, what i meant to say was that if your away second leg you have the home advantage which as we all know is a major advantage! (think i should just go to sleep)
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2010 02:44:51 am

Put simply, Yes. Unfortunately, purely the luck of the draw, no? We didn't produce the readies in Madrid, we paid the price tonight, I don't like this season very much...

Roll on summertime...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2010 02:48:42 am
      Pure pie eyed here boys so bear with me, what I meant to say was that if your away second leg you have the home advantage which as we all know is a major advantage! (think I should just go to sleep)

Home advantage yeah, but at the same time it's a disadvantage if in a close game just one goal can change it all, and they have an extra 30 minutes to get that one goal.

Not to mention we had our away goal chalked off for no reason last week, so it's an even bigger insult. Fact is, both teams get a game at home each. 90 minutes at your home ground each to pump in as many goals as you want, and same for the other team. If there's gonna be any extra time, away goals should be void.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #21: Apr 30, 2010 03:16:17 am
      Well bigv our goal last week was a poor decision, no doubt about that! Your talking about its a disadvantage if its a close game? Sure its a disadvantage to play at home first (apparently) in my opinion the away goal rule in extra time brings it back to square one? Just means that playing away in the 2nd leg isnt such a disadvantage at all! I can barely see the keyboard here, so il reply to ye in the morning? most likely afternoon as im knackered!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Reply #22: Apr 30, 2010 03:21:56 am
      Isn't it great when it works in your favour , but it's a massive kick in guts when it works against your team .
      We were all laughin when this rule knocked out the dirty Mancs weren't we ,
      Do you mean last week when they got knocked out due to away goals in normal time?

Different kettle of fish that mate.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Reply #23: Apr 30, 2010 03:22:52 am

That's it, perfectly! Couldn't have put it more clear myself.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #24: Apr 30, 2010 03:30:15 am
      Honestly I don't see the home first game as a disadvantage too much. I feel if the team is good enough, you'll get the result regardless. And if the teams are pretty close then it'll just be the case of a moment of magic. And the 'advantage' of having the second game at home is meant to be just that: an advantage, so why negate that by having what, as i think about more, a blatantly stupid rule that away goals still count in extra time. Especially when as I say again, we had a good goal ruled out last week. That extra time away goal felt like a kick in the nuts and then rubbing salt into the wound on my nuts.

Oh, and sleep well mate ;)

And ozgooner, did the mancs lose in regulation? Cos that's how I remember it! Not
      making excuses here, but I think it is a bit of an iffy rule that a team can potentially have another third of a match to score an away goal which can often be the difference.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #25: Apr 30, 2010 08:09:47 am
      It's done now, just let it go along with the rest of our season.................. :'(
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Apr 30, 2010 08:58:50 am
      Reflecting on our exit from the Europa League, what are your opinions on this rule?

Personally it is unfair on whoever has to play at home in the second leg. Take tonight as an example, we were beaten 1-0 when Atl were at home, so they come to anfield and are themselves beaten 1-0, all's fair and even. If we draw in extra time it should be a draw, we were not given an extra 30 minutes at Vicente Calderon Stadium to score an away goal. So basically, to win, we had to lead by 1 goal and they only had to draw.

How's that fair?

Also bear in mind that for every game except Unirea we played at home on the second leg, so we've always been disadvantaged if the game was to go into extra time.
      I agree with everything you said.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #27: Apr 30, 2010 09:52:23 am
      If it should be all fair, the extra time should be played somewhere else on neutral ground. That is not realistic though. So since we are going to get 30 more minutes in front of our home croud than atletico got (which is quite a big advantage, just look at the stats of teams general home/away form), then atletico should have some sort of compensation, which is the away goal rule. To me it seems fair enough, unfortunately we were on the wrong end of that rule yesterday. Just wish the governing bodies in football could agree on common rules.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #28: Apr 30, 2010 10:01:54 am
      I think if it's even after 90 minutes it should have gone to penalties.

Still no point complaining because whats done is done.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Apr 30, 2010 10:02:58 am
       While things did not do us any favours this time if we had not let them score we would probably not be having this debate.After winning the leg it was still a lousy way to go out.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Apr 30, 2010 10:07:22 am
      I guess the extra time should apply over 90 minutes alone. It is not fair for the team playing the 2nd leg at home to have the away goals rule being stuck in their head when it enters extra time after the aggregate is equal after 90 minutes.

As long as we were winning in extra time, we should have gone through.

But then again, rules are rules, the team knows that and therefore should have prevented the goal from being conceded.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #31: Apr 30, 2010 10:49:55 am
      Just being a sore loser, but did Atletico fly or take the bus etc seems like we had the arse end of everything and they had advantage of everything
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Apr 30, 2010 11:20:21 am
      It is not fair for the team playing the 2nd leg at home to have the away goals rule being stuck in their head when it enters extra time after the aggregate is equal after 90 minutes.

And its not fair for the team playing the 2nd leg away to have a roaring kop against them for an extra 30 minutes. Im not sure if it evens out, but with these rules, both teams get an advantage. I agree that going to penalties right away would be more fair, but also a shame since overtime is exciting like hell. Even for neutral people watching.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 30, 2010 11:27:55 am
      Can't believe we are actually having debate on this topic , how many of us would turn down the second leg at home, the reason we're out is because we've got a defender who can't  defend at right back playing at left back ,end of .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Apr 30, 2010 11:41:16 am
      The unfairness is we have 90 minutes to score an away goal, they have 120. That's the disadvantage.

It should not count as an away goal once you reach extra time.

But hey, if it happened for us we wouldn't complain and say fair enough. So i'm not blaming the rules for our mind-lapse in defence.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #35: Apr 30, 2010 12:33:06 pm
      I had people all around me telling me that the away-goal doesnt count in extra time- So even after they scored i was waiting for Penalties-
      Bullshit
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Apr 30, 2010 01:49:15 pm
      The unfairness is we have 90 minutes to score an away goal, they have 120. That's the disadvantage.

But we have 120 minutes at home, while they only have 90. Thats a disadvantage for them. Home goals count less, but still count and they are easier to score than away goals.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #37: Apr 30, 2010 02:01:07 pm
      We are out end of but like many others i thought the away goal rule didn,t apply in extra time .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #38: Apr 30, 2010 02:02:08 pm
      The fact of the matter is we are out of another competition. I agree with the away goals ruling, as it promotes attacking football from the away side and also rewards teams for attacking away from home, and that can only be good for the game. Remember the days when every away team would play for the 0-0 draw?. Wasn't nice to watch.

Yes i agree, they had the extra 30 minutes to score a goal, but so did we get an extra 30 minutes, though i felt that we should have closed the game out in 90 minutes. I only saw the first half due to work commitments, but from what i saw, i expected us to do them over in normal time. What went wrong in the second half, i'll have to watch the rest of the game later.

Congratulations to Athletico Madrid and Fulham. No hard feelings here.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 30, 2010 02:17:58 pm
      The fact of the matter is we are out of another competition. I agree with the away goals ruling, as it promotes attacking football from the away side and also rewards teams for attacking away from home, and that can only be good for the game. Remember the days when every away team would play for the 0-0 draw?. Wasn't nice to watch.

Yes I agree, they had the extra 30 minutes to score a goal, but so did we get an extra 30 minutes, though I felt that we should have closed the game out in 90 minutes. I only saw the first half due to work commitments, but from what I saw, I expected us to do them over in normal time. What went wrong in the second half, I'll have to watch the rest of the game later.

Congratulations to Athletico Madrid and Fulham. No hard feelings here.

In which both teams scored and one was rewarded more than the other. It's simply not fair.

I've no idea why everyone thinks playing at home second leg is a massive advantage, it's purely psychological and I'm sure lots of players are unaffected by playing in front of opposing supporters and putting up with a few boos and jeers. While this is a hypothetical advantage, receiving 120 mins to get an away goal instead of 90 is a cold, hard, blatent advantage.

I was actually sitting in the stands not overly worried thinking, this rule is so obviously unfair that surely the away goal doesn't count in extra time. Then I saw how rushed the team had become and knew for a fact it did.

No hard feelings to Athletico, but hard feelings to the rule makers.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 30, 2010 03:11:41 pm
      I agree. Goals scored by the away team in extra time should not count double in the event of a draw.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 30, 2010 03:48:17 pm
      I was happy when Man U lost to away goals, not so happy now, what does it say about us?

Having 30 extra min to score an away goal is clearly not fair.

Another thing, they should put a ref outside that will watch replays of key moments in the game and tell the ref on the field what really happened. The away goal disallowed last week clearly cost us the final.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #42: Apr 30, 2010 03:57:15 pm
      In which both teams scored and one was rewarded more than the other. It's simply not fair.

I've no idea why everyone thinks playing at home second leg is a massive advantage, it's purely psychological and I'm sure lots of players are unaffected by playing in front of opposing supporters and putting up with a few boos and jeers. While this is a hypothetical advantage, receiving 120 mins to get an away goal instead of 90 is a cold, hard, blatent advantage.

I was actually sitting in the stands not overly worried thinking, this rule is so obviously unfair that surely the away goal doesn't count in extra time. Then I saw how rushed the team had become and knew for a fact it did.

No hard feelings to Athletico, but hard feelings to the rule makers.

Look at the stats mate, in every league, teams win more at home than away. Why do you think the bookmakers give so good odds on the away team? Look at our own home/away record this season, was it 4 month it took us to claim an away victory in 2010?

As I said, I dont know if it adds up completely fair, but in extra time, we get the advantage of having the home crowd cheering for our players, while atletico got the advantage of their goals counting more. One advantage for each team. I cant see why that is so unfair?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #43: Apr 30, 2010 04:01:47 pm
      Its a completely illogical rule. If UEFA thinks its fair then after the regular 5 pens,if both the teams are drawn,the away team be declared winners. After the regular playing time, the home and away rules should not come into the picture.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #44: Apr 30, 2010 07:44:28 pm
      Its a completely illogical rule. If UEFA thinks its fair then after the regular 5 pens,if both the teams are drawn,the away team be declared winners. After the regular playing time, the home and away rules should not come into the picture.

Why not? Then the home team has an advantage, thats not fair for the away team.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #45: Apr 30, 2010 07:54:51 pm
      But we have 120 minutes at home, while they only have 90. Thats a disadvantage for them. Home goals count less, but still count and they are easier to score than away goals.

I agree with you mate, we both have an advantage and for me it evens itself out.

We had 210 minutes of football to knock them out and we didnt, so for me, sadly, we only have ourself to blame.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #46: Apr 30, 2010 08:01:53 pm
      If Benayuon's offside "goal" in the first match hadn't been wrongly ruled out, there wouldn't have been extra time in the first place!!
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #47: Apr 30, 2010 11:34:21 pm
      I like the away goal ruling but i personally think when a game enters extra time there shouldnt be a away goal ruling, now im not saying this because we went out i did have a debate over XBL on this one with loads of football fans before the game and they agree.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 81 posts |
      Reply #48: Apr 30, 2010 11:38:26 pm
      I suppose you're right that being at home does count for something if you look at the stats, but personally I'd definitely rather play the second leg away over the home advantage with this rule in place.

Even one of my bitter mates agreed on it, and god he hates liverpool.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 30, 2010 11:44:20 pm
      Those extra 30 mins are STILL a home advantage for 1 team.
      Only way this would be fair then is to lob both sets of fans into busses after 90 mins, race over to Manchester or up the road to goodison and continue the game there.

Still feels unfair today tho, doesn't it?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: Apr 30, 2010 11:45:02 pm
      It's done now, just let it go along with the rest of our season.................. :'(

Agreed. Can't do much about it now.

It's just been the story of our miserable season. We kept getting kicked in the guts throughout the season. I'm expecting one more kick in the guts before the season ends, I feel defeated.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: May 01, 2010 11:24:09 am
      Those extra 30 mins are STILL a home advantage for 1 team.
      Only way this would be fair then is to lob both sets of fans into busses after 90 mins, race over to Manchester or up the road to goodison and continue the game there.

Still feels unfair today tho, doesn't it?

They should scrap the way goal rule if it goes to extra time but if they cant do that then bring in the golden goal rule again because it is a shambles that away goal still counts in extra time when that team obviously doesn't deserve to have that advantage if they lost the 2nd leg.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: May 01, 2010 12:58:02 pm
      I understand the theory of everyones complaint about the away goal being scored in extra time however this rule has been in force in European football for as long as I can remember. 

We mastered the tactics of getting away goals back in Shanklys days, that's how we have been so successful in Europe.  This season it's been our downfall.  We failed to get the away goals in nearly all of our European games hence our early exit from the CL and now the EL.

I'm afraid this smacks of sour grapes and that is very unbecoming of Liverpool fans, we are renowned for showing dignity in defeat.

The failure was in Madrid not because of this rule. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #53: May 01, 2010 11:52:49 pm
      I understand the theory of everyones complaint about the away goal being scored in extra time however this rule has been in force in European football for as long as I can remember. 

We mastered the tactics of getting away goals back in Shanklys days, that's how we have been so successful in Europe.  This season it's been our downfall.  We failed to get the away goals in nearly all of our European games hence our early exit from the CL and now the EL.

I'm afraid this smacks of sour grapes and that is very unbecoming of Liverpool fans, we are renowned for showing dignity in defeat.

The failure was in Madrid not because of this rule. 

I don't think anyone is complaining about the away goal rule. I myself love it, think its a great idea and promotes an attacking approach away from home. My issue is the extra 30 minutes a team gets to score such a crucial away goal. That extra time often sees concentration lapses due to tiredness, and i hate that a lapse like that cost us so crucially after we had done a great job in getting a match winning lead. It aint sour grapes, and i will stand by this view even if it comes to us getting through like this in the future. I will still think its a little unfair, it just doesn't seem right. Extra time is played to decide the entire tie, not just that home game. It may be played at one teams home, but hey thats the advantage they were given through seeding.

Moving on, im not that distressed by it. Just don't like it.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #54: May 02, 2010 12:16:01 am
      The rule is perfectly okay. Nothing wrong with it.
      No more further discussion needed.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: May 02, 2010 12:17:59 am
      The rule is unfair.

But playing at Anfield on a European night, whatever the rule, we should qualify. Thats the European Law when you are in Anfield territory on a European night.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #56: May 02, 2010 12:19:31 am
      The rule should last for 90 minutes just like it did at Athletico imo.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #57: May 02, 2010 12:22:16 am
      The rule is unfair.

But playing at Anfield on a European night, whatever the rule, we should qualify. Thats the European Law when you are in Anfield territory on a European night.

Of course, the logic says that when you play at home you have an advantage because you have 10 - 30 times more supporters on your side. At Anfield, it is possibly even more affecting the opponents.

Quick Reply