Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Who would you like to see sold this summer transfer window ?

Read 8831 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Who would you like to see sold this summer transfer window ?
      Reply #23: May 02, 2010 04:41:03 pm
      Cavalieri
      Degen
      Plessis
      Spearing
      Babel
      Benayoun
      Aurelio
      Riera
      El Zhar
      Come on mate yossi's the most creative winger we have.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: May 02, 2010 04:44:28 pm
      He will be 30 - going nowhere fast and he's been shocking this season.

Lack of pace and strength piss me off.

Cash in now and get a replacement.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #25: May 02, 2010 04:49:30 pm
      I disagree i think he's been in our top 5 players this season and he has alot of pace dunno why you think he doesn't. I'd rather have him on the pitch then Kuyt.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: May 02, 2010 04:50:46 pm
      I forgot Kuyt.

I'm not even joking after this season I wouldn't hesitate in having what might be considered as an over-the-top clearout.

A complete revamp if you will.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: May 02, 2010 04:53:48 pm
      Anybody know a website that provides estimates of player values so I could begin to construct a post showing what I mean?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #28: May 02, 2010 04:56:24 pm
      I forgot Kuyt.

I'm not even joking after this season I wouldn't hesitate in having what might be considered as an over-the-top clearout.

A complete revamp if you will.
      I like that idea if your going to sell the likes of kuyt,Benny,Babel and some other big names in the squad then bring in some real talent and use youngsters like pacheco, nemeth, Ayala and kelly as back up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: May 02, 2010 05:00:12 pm
      That's exactly what I mean mate.

And the players we buy - it has to be 3/4/5 players with real quality rather than 7/8/9 with average ability.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: May 02, 2010 05:04:28 pm
      Ross, I wouldn't mind selling the players you mentioned but we can only do that if we are really promised a transfer kitty to spend along with the money we gained from selling.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: May 02, 2010 05:10:12 pm
      Ross, I wouldn't mind selling the players you mentioned but we can only do that if we are really promised a transfer kitty to spend along with the money we gained from selling.

Of course mate. I probably should've said that but it's kind of expected. Well it is for other clubs, anyway...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #32: May 02, 2010 05:17:26 pm
      He will be 30 - going nowhere fast and he's been shocking this season.

Forgotten how good he was at the beginning of the season?

Had a bad rib injury and IMO has done alright since he got back.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: May 02, 2010 05:37:36 pm
      Cavalieri
      Degen
      Plessis
      Riera

Apart from that, i would be happy.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #34: May 02, 2010 05:47:01 pm
      I think most people are agree on the likes of Degen, El Zhar, Riera, Plessis, and Cavalieri being certainty's to sell.

The only debatable ones for me are...

Aurelio: Has showed he's a solid left back for the majority of his time here, fantastic set piece taker also. However as we all know, unfortunately for him he has been cursed by injuries, almost certainly never going to get rid of this tendency and getting on at 30.

Benayoun: Showed at times that he can be one of the very few creative players in the team, has never really captured that consistency though apart from that spell in the second half of last season. Turning 30 this Wednesday, in the spirit of a clear out I'd let him move on if we had an able replacement.

Kuyt:  Unquestionable mentality, dedication and work rate, however It's debatable whether this is enough to merit his place on the right wing especially against teams where we've struggled to create and finish chances. I would keep him because he can be very useful against the better teams where a solid performance is needed, can pop up with a goal every now and again. Safe to say we have no one better at the moment but in the perfect scenario he would be used as a squad player for me. Joined in 2006 the same time as Aurelio and played 64 more times, found that interesting. Turns 30 in 2 months.

Babel: I still haven't made my mind up, any player who can score the goals he has, does possess some talent but his failure to capture consistency is infuriating to a lot of people, again we could only sell him provided we have a replacement. I think we'll hang on to him anyway.

Lucas: Has been mentioned by a couple of people, probably the most debated about player in the entire squad, he most certainly has improved as a player and has actually been one of the better players this season. Whether he's good enough for the 32 games he's played this year in the league I don't know, at the moment I wouldn't say he's a top four class midfielder, I'm not sure whether he fits in to our system of 5 midfielders. IMO he shouldn't be sold as he does offer more depth and I doubt he would be gotten rid of anyway.

Insua: Can go forward, can offer width but needs to improve his defending by quite some margin, the left back position is probably the position we need to invest in the most this summer.

N'gog: Since 2008, he's made 30 premier league appearances and scored 7 goals, at times he's looked like a promising talent and showed some composure in front of goal, since that spell around the Man Utd home game he's struggled slightly, agree with some people who say he can't hold the line on his own, I don't think he has the strength or the experience, don't think he is adequate back up for a world class striker like Nando, however is only 21 and has showed signs of improving. Evidently a back up striker is a signing fans have been calling for for a long time, I don't think N'gog will be sold, certainly if Rafa is still in charge and unless we generate about 5 million it Isn't really a good idea IMO.

RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #35: May 02, 2010 07:01:57 pm
      Kuyt
      Yossi
      Riera
      Degen
      El Zhar
      Aurelio ( free )

Keep:

Reina
      Masch
      Agger
      Johnson
      Insua ¬ another season to prove himself
      Skrtel
      Lucas ¬ no matter what people say, he is consitent but a cluts, hopeful WC will straight him up
      Torres
      Gerrard
      Babel
      Maxi
      Aqualiani

Thats off my head and who i can remember, sorry if i missed anyone obvious
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: May 02, 2010 07:26:45 pm
      I think we need a complete clearout and to start again to be honest but only if whoever is manager gets the funds to spend.

I know it will be controversial but other than Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher Skrtel, Johnson, Masch, Gerrard, Torres Maxi and a couple of the young lads I'd actually be willing to listen to offers for the rest if we got a good price.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: May 02, 2010 07:33:19 pm
      I would actually keep Kuyt, Benayoun, N'gog, Babel and Insua for now unless we can get players better than them and that would require us signing 7-8 players players.

So it's either the ones corbally mentioned we need to keep plus Kuyt, Benayoun, N'gog, Babel, Insua plus 3-4 good/quality players

or

the ones corbally mentioned we need to keep plus 8-10 good/quality players.

Either way, both looks unlikely!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: May 02, 2010 07:38:46 pm
      We have to think about saleable values as well ya we would all sell Degen and El Zhar but we would get peanuts for them. With Benyoun and Kuyt we would get decent prices both players have been awful this season and aren't getting any younger.

I'd sell both players if it meant getting a Silva Mata Turan. Can't see where Benyoun fits into the team and while Kuyt will run all day it is glaringly obvious he is lacking the talent and F**k me he is getting slower by the year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: May 02, 2010 08:01:29 pm
      If you wanted to be extreme, you could go along the lines of a wholesale clear out and completely rebuild the squad.

1 Cav.
      2 Degen
      3 Insua
      4 Carra
      5 Sotis
      6 Babel
      7 Riera
      8 Lucas
      9 Yossi
      10 Plessis
      11 Spearing
      12 Elzhar
      13 N'Gog
      14 Kuyt
      15 Aurelio
      16 San Jose

16 players gone leaving you looking pretty bare.

Reina

Johnson              Agger             Skrtel                 ????

Masch             Gerrard

Maxi                               Aquilani                          ????

Torres

First team looks quite strong and the two places that need addressing immediately is left back and left wing.

Subs.
      Gulacsi.
      Darby
      Kelly
      Ayala
      Ecclestone
      Pacheco
      Nemeth

Subs bench is quite weak.

Now in my opinion the 16 players sold combined with the money owed off Voronin and Dossena plus a 20 million transfer budget could possibly have us around or just in excess of 100 million, but leaving us a mammoth task of rebuilding the squad.

In my opinion Gulacsi is good enough cover for Pepe, Darby/Kelly are good enough cover for Johnson, Kelly/Ayala are good enough cover for Skrtel and Agger, we'd need two left backs, we'd need a right winger, we'd need two central midfielders, we'd need two left wingers, Pacheco as Aquilani's deputy at a push, and we'd need a center forward.

With the right blend of Youth and Experience and Quality, we'd need 8 players thats 2 for the first team and six for the bench with Gulacsi.

Now if we were to take advantage of the contractual situations of both Joe Cole and Jovanovich and snap them up on free contracts, that would still allow us to pursue 8 real quality signings with a 100 million war chest.

That would be 10 players brought in.

Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #40: May 02, 2010 08:04:48 pm
      Riera - Pretty much a certainty to go anyways.

Itandje - Disrespectful and sh*te.

Cavalieri - Not bad but we could get a few bob for him. Sell him and bring up Gulasci.

Aurelio - Great player but too injury prone sadly. Think he's on a free at the end of the season anyway.

Degen - He's alright but I'd rather get a million or something for him and play Kelly as backup.

El Zhar - Awful player with no ability or confidence.

San Jose - Tbf he's been doing well with Bilbao and I reckon he'll be a good player in the future, but we already have enough center backs and could get rid for around 2m.

Plessis - Looked good on his debut but never seemed to play well after that.

Skrtel - As much as I love Skrtel and would like to see a Dagger/Skrtel partnership next season, I reckon we have enough center back's and I also think we could get around 6/7m for him. So then we'd have Carra, Agger, Sotis and then Ayala as 4th choice.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #41: May 02, 2010 08:43:29 pm
      If you wanted to be extreme, you could go along the lines of a wholesale clear out and completely rebuild the squad.

1 Cav.
      2 Degen
      3 Insua
      4 Carra
      5 Sotis
      6 Babel
      7 Riera
      8 Lucas
      9 Yossi
      10 Plessis
      11 Spearing
      12 Elzhar
      13 N'Gog
      14 Kuyt
      15 Aurelio
      16 San Jose

16 players gone leaving you looking pretty bare.

Reina

Johnson              Agger             Skrtel                 ????

Masch             Gerrard

Maxi                               Aquilani                          ????

Torres

First team looks quite strong and the two places that need addressing immediately is left back and left wing.

Subs.
      Gulacsi.
      Darby
      Kelly
      Ayala
      Ecclestone
      Pacheco
      Nemeth

Subs bench is quite weak.

Now in my opinion the 16 players sold combined with the money owed off Voronin and Dossena plus a 20 million transfer budget could possibly have us around or just in excess of 100 million, but leaving us a mammoth task of rebuilding the squad.

In my opinion Gulacsi is good enough cover for Pepe, Darby/Kelly are good enough cover for Johnson, Kelly/Ayala are good enough cover for Skrtel and Agger, we'd need two left backs, we'd need a right winger, we'd need two central midfielders, we'd need two left wingers, Pacheco as Aquilani's deputy at a push, and we'd need a center forward.

With the right blend of Youth and Experience and Quality, we'd need 8 players thats 2 for the first team and six for the bench with Gulacsi.

Now if we were to take advantage of the contractual situations of both Joe Cole and Jovanovich and snap them up on free contracts, that would still allow us to pursue 8 real quality signings with a 100 million war chest.

That would be 10 players brought in.

That looks like something I'd do on Football Manager :laugh:

I'd try signing more players on a free though:

Milan Jovanovic
      Joe Cole
      Kevin Kuranyi
      Hamit Altintop
      Kim Kallstrom

Which would leave more money to buy some quality players, about 5 top buys to add there for 20 million a piece?  :P One can dream I guess  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2010 08:49:52 pm by Dexter »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #42: May 02, 2010 10:23:22 pm
      Kuyt
      Yossi
      Riera
      Degen
      El Zhar
      Aurelio ( free )

Keep:

Reina
      Masch
      Agger
      Johnson
      Insua ¬ another season to prove himself
      Skrtel
      Lucas ¬ no matter what people say, he is consitent but a cluts, hopeful WC will straight him up
      Torres
      Gerrard
      Babel
      Maxi
      Aqualiani

Thats off my head and who i can remember, sorry if i missed anyone obvious

Why does most people want Yossi and Babel gone? .. Babel played pretty well today and played quality in midweek and Benayoun is a good player who can win games for us. So you want to get rid of match winners to get nobody in return because i can guarantee we won't be getting Joe Cole on a free because we're not even in the champions league.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #43: May 02, 2010 11:50:32 pm
      Would like to see massive clearout this summer, too much deadwood around the club
      Kuyt
      Babel
      Riera
      El  Zhar
      Plessis
      Ngog (season long loan)
      Degen
      Aurelio

Insua, Johnson Skrtel have been P*ss poor most of the season as well, would give them until the Autumn to improve. Irrespective of who we bring in. Youngsters Pacheco Amoo, Kelly must be given chances next season, where at least we might get a bit of passion rather than the lifeless crap, that the 2009-10 season has brought about
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: May 03, 2010 12:23:14 am
      I disagree I think he's been in our top 5 players this season and he has alot of pace dunno why you think he doesn't. I'd rather have him on the pitch then Kuyt.

Kuyt does not have pace.

I'd sell Riera, El Zhar, Itandje, Degen, N'Gog for sure but I think we would be foolish to turn down any offers of around £10-15m for Kuyt and Yossi. The latter 2 on their day can be great as shown last season but they are approaching 30 and if it means we can get better players in then get rid, same applies with many other players apart them obvious key players. If the price is right then sell.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #45: May 03, 2010 05:28:22 am
      Anybody know a website that provides estimates of player values so I could begin to construct a post showing what I mean?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en is a decent starting point.  You'll still need to consider many other things though of course :)

Quick Reply