Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Who would you like to see sold this summer transfer window ?

Read 8830 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Who would you like to see sold this summer transfer window ?
      Apr 30, 2010 10:39:24 pm
      Well the season is drawing to its close and hopefully we'll be seeing some new arrivals come in over the summer, but the threads about arrivals have been done to death, so the question I ask who would you like to see sold and your reasons why ?

Degen, Personally I'd like to see the lad gone as we have a youngster in Darby who I believe is equally as able to fill in for Johnson as Degen, although my preference would be for a solid defensive right back come in.

Riera self explanatory really, however the guy has never really offered us a solution consistently to our left sided problem and his war of words with Rafa and lashing out at Pacheco has hardly helped his cause. His Transfer fee could possibly bring in Van der Vart

Babel Again pretty much self explanatory as in the way of Riera, never really been a solution to our left sided problems, his outbursts and rants have not helped his case either, he's had plenty of time to show he can succeed but has failed imo and I feel he should be the sacrificial lamb to bring in Turan.

Kuyt Hard Industrious Grafter, but he's no winger, touch lets him down so much and he does not have the pace or the technique to get past his man, He could be held onto I suppose but with the impending arrival of Jovanovich, I feel the Money gained from Kuyt could be re-invested back in the squad.

Aurelio I really like Aurelio, however his contract is up for renewal and I do not believe it will be renewed, his injuries this season have resulted in Insua playing the majority of the season and lets admit it Insua has been poor, I think it's time to get Aurelio off the wage bil and bring in a solid left back, who Insua can provide cover for.

El Zhar I just don't see a future at the club for the lad ad if significant investment was made I believe he'd be one of the first out of the door and with Nemeth and Pacheco possibly figuring more next season, he would only hamper their chances of game time IMO.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Who would you like to see sold this summer transfer window ?
      Reply #1: Apr 30, 2010 10:45:29 pm
      All of them except Kuyt. Just make him back up.

If we do get Turan and Van der vaart then we could have these players:

On the flanks - Kuyt, Maxi, Benayoun, VDV and Turan

In the middle - Gerrard, Aquilani, Mascherano, Lucas, Pacheco and VDV.

Up top - Torres, Nemeth, Kuyt and Jovanovich (loan Ngog out).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Apr 30, 2010 11:10:05 pm
      All of them except Kuyt. Just make him back up.

I agree
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Apr 30, 2010 11:13:23 pm
      Agree on all of them RLB. In regards to Kuyt and Babel, they'd  be the two we'd get the most money out of the list you've mentioned. I'd definitely consider selling them, whether we get the money to bring in new signings is debatable though.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #4: Apr 30, 2010 11:38:34 pm
      I agree, except Kuyt (squad) and Babel.

I haven't been a fan of Babel, but there's no doubt he has ability - it's just harnessing that ability.
      That said, if he was part of a swap deal with Turan, I'd take it.

As far as RB goes, I think that belongs to a different thread - our FB's are there to attack, with Masch covering, or if both FB's are forwards, Lucas as well.

Personally, if we got Kjaer or someone similar I could see Carra going - but I'd like him to stay because he has good organisational qualities.
      Then again, why not just bring Sami back in a coaching role - after all, he taught Carra everything he knows.
      Scouser Jas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #5: May 01, 2010 12:53:42 am
      Well the season is drawing to its close and hopefully we'll be seeing some new arrivals come in over the summer, but the threads about arrivals have been done to death, so the question I ask who would you like to see sold and your reasons why ?

Degen, Personally I'd like to see the lad gone as we have a youngster in Darby who I believe is equally as able to fill in for Johnson as Degen, although my preference would be for a solid defensive right back come in.

Riera self explanatory really, however the guy has never really offered us a solution consistently to our left sided problem and his war of words with Rafa and lashing out at Pacheco has hardly helped his cause. His Transfer fee could possibly bring in Van der Vart

Babel Again pretty much self explanatory as in the way of Riera, never really been a solution to our left sided problems, his outbursts and rants have not helped his case either, he's had plenty of time to show he can succeed but has failed imo and I feel he should be the sacrificial lamb to bring in Turan.

Kuyt Hard Industrious Grafter, but he's no winger, touch lets him down so much and he does not have the pace or the technique to get past his man, He could be held onto I suppose but with the impending arrival of Jovanovich, I feel the Money gained from Kuyt could be re-invested back in the squad.

Aurelio I really like Aurelio, however his contract is up for renewal and I do not believe it will be renewed, his injuries this season have resulted in Insua playing the majority of the season and lets admit it Insua has been poor, I think it's time to get Aurelio off the wage bil and bring in a solid left back, who Insua can provide cover for.

El Zhar I just don't see a future at the club for the lad ad if significant investment was made I believe he'd be one of the first out of the door and with Nemeth and Pacheco possibly figuring more next season, he would only hamper their chances of game time IMO.

Yep I agree with that list except for Kuyt. I think he is still class and we could use him for a season or two more. I like the guy.

In all honesty, I think players like El Zhar, Reira and Degen won't get far at LFC. That's why we should sell them.

I want to see more local youth players in, so basically scousers. Local lads like Carra and Stevie is who we need. Then maybe we wont have to keep buying crap players like El Zhar and Degen for no reason.

YNWA
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: May 01, 2010 05:28:26 am

Agreed except Kuyt. I love the guy, so maybee biasd, but i think he still has something to offer if utilized correctly. If we had investment but could still hold onto Kuyt, he woudl be a quality squad player one many teams would love to be able to call upion.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #7: May 01, 2010 07:16:17 am
      Selling Kuyt is viable only if we can get a better replacement for him on the right wing.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: May 01, 2010 09:32:41 am
      I'd agree with your list, RLB.

Kuyt, although I think he could do a job as back-up, I think if we cashed in on him we'd get more money for him now than in 2 years time.

I honestly don't know what El Zhar is still doing at the club. Get rid.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #9: May 01, 2010 10:16:47 am
      I agree with everyone except Babel. I think he's finally matured and can provide some quality in the forward third for us
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: May 01, 2010 11:22:51 am
      I wouldn't mind if Degen, Aurelio, Riera and El Zhar.

Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel could be decent back up IMO.

I would sell Babel though, if we can get a around his age of higher quality at the club.

Would really love to see Turan, Silva, a quality Left Back, Joe Cole and another forward. Wouldn't mind Gourcuff as well  :D
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #11: May 01, 2010 01:44:39 pm
      Selling Kuyt is viable only if we can get a better replacement for him on the right wing.

Maxi? Should and needs to be first choice there next season imo.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: May 01, 2010 03:48:44 pm
      Agree with what's been said already.

Pretty obvious isn't it really. Personally, I'd maybe keep Kuyt one more year unless we get a better replacement.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #13: May 01, 2010 04:05:06 pm
      Kuyt is such a committed player, and his work rate can be very useful in tough games although obviously his technical ability can let him down at times.

I'm not sure about Babel, unless we had an explosive winger as a replacement I think we'd have to keep him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: May 01, 2010 06:25:37 pm
      I'd sell Kuyt I think out of all the players sold he could bring in a decent fee, If we got to put the money towards a Mata, Turan, Silva I don't think in the long run it would be a bad deal for the club. Kuyt while he has a great work ethic and great commitment he is very limited on the talent front.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #15: May 01, 2010 06:30:03 pm
      Degan - Cant defend

Plessis - he's not going to oust masch or lucas, possibly sell with buy-back option.

El Zhar - hasnt impressed any time I've seen him.

Cavalieri - dont think we really need him, could prob get a 3-4 million for him and get a cheaper replacement or promote Gulacsi

Ngog - not suited to the lone striker role which we play, too weak, cant take on a man. I honestly think he would struggle to get onto most premiership teams.

Kuyt - Very frustrating player to watch, is completely lacking in basic skills, gets in great positions but usually just blasts the ball. one of my only criticisms of Rafa is having dirk 1st name on teamsheet every week.

I'd give Insua 1 more season to prove himself.

I assume that idiot Itandje will be sold when he returns from loan. think san hose will be sold to Bilbao also.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #16: May 01, 2010 07:55:33 pm
      Maxi? Should and needs to be first choice there next season imo.
      Back-up? Can't rely on the sorts of El Zhar, can we?
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #17: May 01, 2010 09:33:52 pm
      degen, babel, lucas, riera, el zhar, insua, ngog, itanje
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #18: May 02, 2010 12:18:59 am
      Cav - not that bothered, but he's a had a difficult season off the pitch so I think he might go back to Brazil.
      Degen - sh*te back up, rather have Darby and Kelly as back up's
      Aurelio - will leave on a free, best option for the club since he is too injury prone
      Plessis - Failed to develop, get what we can for him
      Riera - c**t
      Babel - Involve him in a swap deal with Turan? or just sell him
      Kuyt - Only if we can get a good squad player replacement
      El Zhar - Not good enough.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #19: May 02, 2010 12:40:16 am
      Cavalieri - never had an opportunity but you're not going to. Give 2nd goalkeeper to a young Englishman
      Degan - Just filling up a position where someone of better talent could fill
      Plessis - Will never develop and won't now after rare sightings the past couple of years. Another waste
      Riera - Offered a bit of left wing balance - and that was it. Limited talent who we all know's going anyway
      El Zhar - Seriously. The biggest question asked since how the universe was created. Just WHAT. THE. HELL.
      N'Gog - Useless and will never be good. He's Peter Crouch Xtreme Lite. Embarassing for the club when he leads the front line.
      Insua - Am I prepared to give him another chance. No. He's had a truly dreadful season where all my confidence in him has gone. Agger has shown he's more reliable on the left - and he's a god damn centre back! Probably best for him to go back home to Argentina.
      Nemeth - If the club is serious about nurtuting 1st class (and 1st team!) talent then look elsewhere. He's got a snowballs chance in hell of becoming a reckoned player for Liverpool.

I look at Liverpool's 1st team and it pains me to say it - but no wonder we're in 7th place. That is a truly dreadful first team compared to the likes of the top teams in the world.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: May 02, 2010 12:42:55 am
      Cav - not that bothered, but he's a had a difficult season off the pitch so I think he might go back to Brazil.
      Degen - sh*te back up, rather have Darby and Kelly as back up's
      Aurelio - will leave on a free, best option for the club since he is too injury prone
      Plessis - Failed to develop, get what we can for him
      Riera - c**t
      Babel - Involve him in a swap deal with Turan? or just sell him
      Kuyt - Only if we can get a good squad player replacement
      El Zhar - Not good enough.

I'd go with this.

I'd also sell Spearing and probably a few other youth players.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #21: May 02, 2010 02:42:39 pm
      cav degen insua aurelio plessis lucas riera babel el zhar ngog
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: May 02, 2010 04:39:05 pm
      Cavalieri
      Degen
      Plessis
      Spearing
      Babel
      Benayoun
      Aurelio
      Riera
      El Zhar

Quick Reply