Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea - In-game and post-match

Read 43528 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea - In-game and post-match
      Reply #414: May 02, 2010 07:28:43 pm
      I thought only last seasons people were creaming about how we have the best squad in the world, the best GK, the Best AM, Striker, DM, RB. World Class CB in Carragher, Agger.

And comes one season they're all turned into unwanted?

And suddenly because Rafa doesn't get 40M this season they're all squad players of teams with no money?

I doubt you will find one person who will say they were satisfied with our team. We all knew we needed a couple more quality players to challenge. And that's a couple more on top of replacements, before you jump on that. Trust me, I was worried before opening day of this season because of the lack of investment.

Starting to sound like alliphone you are.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #415: May 02, 2010 07:28:47 pm
      It's a mix of both and all the other people at the club. It's not just Rafa's fault.

I'll ask you another question:

Do you think if we'd had a different manager these last two seasons (I say last two as that has been the time pretty much that we've had hardly any cash to spend) would we have done any better?

I don't care about better or worse, but at the moment he's not bloody trying anything, nor does Gerrard and co.

We can't even salvage some pride in our abysmal season.

Some passion and pride is all i ask for, show that we want it, the drive, passion.

I'd be happy with any scorelines provided we walk out like champions, instead of a F***ing bottler who gives up on everything this season. This season might be a writeoff, but players should at least try their best.

0 shots on target is embarassing, talking about tactical genious.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #416: May 02, 2010 07:29:34 pm
      So when we're thumping Real Madrid 4-1 it's not because of Rafa? When we're winning it's not because of rafa? it's because of the players?

It's both but more on the players' side. At the end of the day, they play the game and are taking the shots.

So, you're trying to say .... If you get an A in an exam, it's because of your teacher and not because of your own effort?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #417: May 02, 2010 07:29:59 pm

Haha! Get proven wrong and you have a cry about a cheap shot. Boo-F***ing-hoo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #418: May 02, 2010 07:31:35 pm

0 shots on target is embarassing, talking about tactical genious.

And again you persist with this, when are you going to understand it is not Rafa who is in control of our shooting?! :mad:
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #419: May 02, 2010 07:32:48 pm
      I thought only last seasons people were creaming about how we have the best squad in the world, the best GK, the Best AM, Striker, DM, RB. World Class CB in Carragher, Agger.

And comes one season they're all turned into unwanted?

And suddenly because Rafa doesn't get 40M this season they're all squad players of teams with no money?

OK:

GK: Played out of his skin this season.

RB has gone to Madrid. We now have Johnson who wasn't in the team last season. I can't remember anyone raving about him anyway.

Best AM, I assume you mean Gerrard, he's the Captain and should share part of the blame. He's been here since he was in his teens, in case you didn't know (not a Rafa signing).

Striker: He's still the best striker in England and has played brilliantly when he's played. Injuries have stopped him from scoring at least 30 goals in the league this season.

DM: Yes Masherano is the best DM in the premier league this season.

Carra: He's nearly 32, getting old but he still plays with heart (look at the game against Everton).

Agger: Injured at the start of the season, but he's still put in some performances this season but has been slightly inconsistent on some occasions like the rest of the squad.

No one is saying those players are squad players of lower teams. If you look at our injuries this year we have needed some strength in depth. We don't have the money to buy decent squad players, hence why Rafa needs more money than just sell to buy. We needed 40 million at least to purchase decent squad players who can cover and rotate.

No other manager would be able to cope perfectly with the amount of injuries we've had.

What say you?

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #420: May 02, 2010 07:37:28 pm
      And again you persist with this, when are you going to understand it is not Rafa who is in control of our shooting?! :mad:

To be fair though, when a team does not create chances, then there could possibly 2 explanations:
      1. The players do not understand/do not apply the instructions given to them
      2. The instructions are not correct or the tactics from the opposite manager is much better
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #421: May 02, 2010 07:39:30 pm
      OK:

GK: Played out of his skin this season.

RB has gone to Madrid. We now have Johnson who wasn't in the team last season. I can't remember anyone raving about him anyway.

Best AM, I assume you mean Gerrard, he's the Captain and should share part of the blame. He's been here since he was in his teens, in case you didn't know (not a Rafa signing).

Striker: He's still the best striker in England and has played brilliantly when he's played. Injuries have stopped him from scoring at least 30 goals in the league this season.

DM: Yes Masherano is the best DM in the premier league this season.

Carra: He's nearly 32, getting old but he still plays with heart (look at the game against Everton).

Agger: Injured at the start of the season, but he's still put in some performances this season but has been slightly inconsistent on some occasions like the rest of the squad.

No one is saying those players are squad players of lower teams. If you look at our injuries this year we have needed some strength in depth. We don't have the money to buy decent squad players, hence why Rafa needs more money than just sell to buy. We needed 40 million at least to purchase decent squad players who can cover and rotate.

No other manager would be able to cope perfectly with the amount of injuries we've had.

What say you?

I'd say excuse excuse excuse

We did not merit to win the League or champions League without investment, I realise that.

But surely even with all the injuries / beach ball / lack of fun we can show at least passion and drive? And I'm not talking about only today, the whole season have been a showcase of lackluster performance bar one good matches in sandwiches every now and then.

And this has got to change, at least show that we want to win, in every match, because in 38 games every match counts. But instead of that we got gutless performance from our captain. Kuyt no matter how much we love him is sh*t, there's no 3 ways about it, he's just plain sh*t. Aquilani not playing, Lucas / Masch in the middle, it seems to me that Rafa just don't care and just keep on playing the same thing week in week out without realising that it is simply not working.

I'd appreciate if he made an error in trying new things, but he did not. And when we have a winning formula with Aquilani on the squad the next day he goes missing again.

It's as if Rafa's trying very hard to screw things up (playing for the sack)

Name called me anything you want, Put your hand in heart and says you're proud with the lads this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #422: May 02, 2010 07:41:03 pm
      To be fair though, when a team does not create chances, then there could possibly 2 explanations:
      1. The players do not understand/do not apply the instructions given to them
      2. The instructions are not correct or the tactics from the opposite manager is much better

It's not a case of not understanding or the tactics being wrong, we had a fair amount of shots and a fair few of them the players had time to set themselves but still ended up skying them. Yossi and Gerrard i can think of straight away that had time to set themselves but put it virtually in row Z and although Aquilani came very very close with one shot he also ended up hitting one sideways.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #423: May 02, 2010 07:42:52 pm
      It's not a case of not understanding or the tactics being wrong, we had a fair amount of shots and a fair few of them the players had time to set themselves but still ended up skying them. Yossi and Gerrard i can think of straight away that had time to set themselves but put it virtually in row Z and although Aquilani came very very close with one shot he also ended up hitting one sideways.

We don't win matches on statistic. The only thing that counts is who put that F***ing round thing that makes our life a living hell in the net more.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #424: May 02, 2010 07:46:10 pm
      Argh....

Head ... bang ... pillow

(I'm not dumb enough to know that walls are hard)

Sorry guys, Ima just go to bed. Please collect your abuses and I'll read them tomorrow, or maybe the day after.... or maybe not.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #425: May 02, 2010 07:47:51 pm
      It's not a case of not understanding or the tactics being wrong, we had a fair amount of shots and a fair few of them the players had time to set themselves but still ended up skying them. Yossi and Gerrard I can think of straight away that had time to set themselves but put it virtually in row Z and although Aquilani came very very close with one shot he also ended up hitting one sideways.

In this case, we can say the players let the manager down, which can mean either:
      1. They were not ready to play in the game either because they were not fully prepared psychologically or physically, or
      2. Their quality do not allow them so do their job properly during the game
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #426: May 02, 2010 07:48:23 pm
      Argh....

Head ... bang ... pillow

(I'm not dumb enough to know that walls are hard)

Sorry guys, Ima just go to bed. Please collect your abuses and I'll read them tomorrow, or maybe the day after.... or maybe not.

Brilliant.....don't let the bas**rds grind you down mate. I reckon you could take 'em in a fight AR, sissies that they are. >:D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #427: May 02, 2010 07:48:42 pm
        the official site is on again and there 's a nice FREE video (10mins) after the game with all the players ,coaches and their families   making a lap of the ground
           http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Players-salute--18681.php3
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #428: May 02, 2010 07:49:27 pm
      I'd say excuse excuse excuse

We did not merit to win the League or champions League without investment, I realise that.

But surely even with all the injuries / beach ball / lack of fun we can show at least passion and drive? And I'm not talking about only today, the whole season have been a showcase of lackluster performance bar one good matches in sandwiches every now and then.

And this has got to change, at least show that we want to win, in every match, because in 38 games every match counts. But instead of that we got gutless performance from our captain. Kuyt no matter how much we love him is sh*t, there's no 3 ways about it, he's just plain sh*t. Aquilani not playing, Lucas / Masch in the middle, it seems to me that Rafa just don't care and just keep on playing the same thing week in week out without realising that it is simply not working.

I'd appreciate if he made an error in trying new things, but he did not. And when we have a winning formula with Aquilani on the squad the next day he goes missing again.

It's as if Rafa's trying very hard to screw things up (playing for the sack)

Name called me anything you want, Put your hand in heart and says you're proud with the lads this season.

No one knows why Aquilani wasn't playing all the time. It could be that Rafa is just an idiot playing for the sack but I really really doubt that and without concrete evidence of this I think anyone who thinks this is just a bit of a tosser with no faith. I think a more likely explanation is that Alberto was having some problems that we don't know about or that Rafa was saving him from our inconsistent performances.

Going back to the "playing for the sack" point, why on this good earth would anyone "play" for the sack when you're reputation etc. is at stake? I mean anyone who really believes that Rafa is playing for the sack is clearly an idiot. Seriously if he really wanted a 15 million pay out for doing nothing and also fancied risking his whole career to get it then you are basically calling Rafa an idiot. Which carries no evidence.

I mean 15 million, if he took the Juventus job that's what 4 years wages. Add on maybe another 20 years of management of top teams and that's eclipsed the 15 million payout by a lot. Why would Rafa risk his whole career of something he loves doing and a chance of a job in the future just for the sake of making a quick buck by "playing for the sack".

I MEAN SERIOUSLY ARE YOU F***ing THICK?! SERIOUSLY?

Please please please realise what you are saying is completely retarded?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #429: May 02, 2010 07:54:37 pm
      Players going through the motions again and all we offer on an attacking front is half hearted attempts at set pieces. Not having a shot on target until after 90 mins is just not acceptable.

sh*t game. sh*t season.

There needs to be some changes to the squad for us to have any chance of improving our football next season.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #430: May 02, 2010 07:56:15 pm
      No one knows why Aquilani wasn't playing all the time. It could be that Rafa is just an idiot playing for the sack but I really really doubt that and without concrete evidence of this I think anyone who thinks this is just a bit of a tosser with no faith. I think a more likely explanation is that Alberto was having some problems that we don't know about or that Rafa was saving him from our inconsistent performances.

Going back to the "playing for the sack" point, why on this good earth would anyone "play" for the sack when you're reputation etc. is at stake? I mean anyone who really believes that Rafa is playing for the sack is clearly an idiot. Seriously if he really wanted a 15 million pay out for doing nothing and also fancied risking his whole career to get it then you are basically calling Rafa an idiot. Which carries no evidence.

I mean 15 million, if he took the Juventus job that's what 4 years wages. Add on maybe another 20 years of management of top teams and that's eclipsed the 15 million payout by a lot. Why would Rafa risk his whole career of something he loves doing and a chance of a job in the future just for the sake of making a quick buck by "playing for the sack".

I MEAN SERIOUSLY ARE YOU F***ing THICK?! SERIOUSLY?

Please please please realise what you are saying is completely retarded?

Because he know he won't get out of jobs. 15M for free... plus a brand new job next summer, leaving LFC messed up for the next manager to deal with, with an ageing Gerrard / Carragher, unhappy Torres, and bare bone thin squad.

It's 4 years salary for doing nothing, and it is tempting. And if he walks out with that massive paycheck, we probably still love him and says he's right to walk out.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #431: May 02, 2010 07:59:24 pm
      Brilliant.....don't let the bas**rds grind you down mate. I reckon you could take 'em in a fight AR, sissies that they are. >:D

I can't take them in a fight... but I can send my goons to do the fight for me.

:D

Kidding... i won't start a banter with a pissed off drunk brits without the protection of internet unanimousity
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #432: May 02, 2010 08:01:59 pm
      Because he know he won't get out of jobs. 15M for free... plus a brand new job next summer, leaving LFC messed up for the next manager to deal with, with an ageing Gerrard / Carragher, unhappy Torres, and bare bone thin squad.

It's 4 years salary for doing nothing, and it is tempting. And if he walks out with that massive paycheck, we probably still love him and says he's right to walk out.

I want to ask you 1 question, are you misserable right now after Liverpool's loss?
      If you say yes, then why do you still want to allow yourself to get a lot of sticks from many people here?
      Go away, find something better to do, take your mountainbike and have a ride, for example.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #433: May 02, 2010 08:04:06 pm
      I want to ask you 1 question, are you misserable right now after Liverpool's loss?
      If you say yes, then why do you still want to allow yourself to get a lot of sticks from many people here?
      Go away, find something better to do, take your mountainbike and have a ride, for example.

It's stolen, i parked it outside. I chained it to the fence and the bloody bugger stole the wheels!! And no... i'm not being sarcastic!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #434: May 02, 2010 08:05:01 pm
      We don't win matches on statistic. The only thing that counts is who put that f**king round thing that makes our life a living hell in the net more.

I didn't go on about statistics, i was pointing out the fact we had a number of shots but the players were unable to get them on target. You were going on saying 0 shots on target and it's Rafa's fault.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #435: May 02, 2010 08:05:48 pm

I need the sticks... to remind me that MAYBE i'm wrong and there's till hope.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #436: May 02, 2010 08:06:15 pm
      First of all - we were playing the 'potential' champions.

But secondly, this game summed up our season.

1. Gerrard has been missing all season and today was no exception.  Him giving away the first goal said it all.  Early on in the season he gave that pen away against Villa.  He's had an utterly sh*te season and not only has played very poorly but has not been an inspirational captain.

2. Defence letting in soft goals.  The second goal was a combination of poor positional play (Masch playing onside) and failing to deal with the cross.

3. No Torres - little chance.  Yet again today proved we only have one proper striker at the club.

For me - those three things have played the biggest impact on our entire season.  Today was no exception.  I'm convinced the 120 minutes on Thursday didn't help.

One more game to go and we can put this season to bed.

Quick Reply