Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea - In-game and post-match

Read 43212 times
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea - In-game and post-match
      Reply #437: May 02, 2010 08:07:30 pm
      I didn't go on about statistics, i was pointing out the fact we had a number of shots but the players were unable to get them on target. You were going on saying 0 shots on target and it's Rafa's fault.

What could have been Rafa's fault?

It seems that nothing is Rafa's fault, it's all the yanks
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #438: May 02, 2010 08:07:49 pm
      It's stolen, I parked it outside. I chained it to the fence and the bloody bugger stole the wheels!! And no... I'm not being sarcastic!

Maybe the bugger have read your previous posts.  
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #439: May 02, 2010 08:08:00 pm
      Because he know he won't get out of jobs. 15M for free... plus a brand new job next summer, leaving LFC messed up for the next manager to deal with, with an ageing Gerrard / Carragher, unhappy Torres, and bare bone thin squad.

It's 4 years salary for doing nothing, and it is tempting. And if he walks out with that massive paycheck, we probably still love him and says he's right to walk out.

An easier and more sensible way of getting out is to resign?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #440: May 02, 2010 08:08:28 pm
      One more game to go and we can put this season to bed.

Thank F**k.

Dreadful game, we got what we deserved for zero effort.

Need to put it behind us, move on.

Shame the upcoming summer looks to be as uncertain as the season that's almost over.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #441: May 02, 2010 08:09:31 pm
      What could have been Rafa's fault?

It seems that nothing is Rafa's fault, it's all the yanks

Well you blaming Rafa for the players not having a shot on target is ludicrous. Just like the fact you think he signed Carra and Gerrard is ludicrous.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #442: May 02, 2010 08:10:08 pm
      An easier and more sensible way of getting out is to resign?

He will get none if he goes out on his own free will
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #443: May 02, 2010 08:11:01 pm
      Well you blaming Rafa for the players not having a shot on target is ludicrous. Just like the fact you think he signed Carra and Gerrard is ludicrous.

Off course I blame him, just like I praise him for all his win, for all his lineup when we won.

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #444: May 02, 2010 08:11:39 pm
      He will get none if he goes out on his own free will

Like I said before, no manager in his right mind, especially a top manager would risk the rest of his career for 4 years wages.

I think I've said all I have the patience to say, plus this is all totally off topic, sorry mods.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #445: May 02, 2010 08:11:55 pm
      Delighted for united what a great win for them. Unfortunately our Steve passed the ball to an unknown player and he scored. The whole of Salford was in uproar. Guns out and killing innocent punters. You get what you deserve in this league. I cannot wait to get to work and act like Mc.Intyre uncovered. Manc Tw*ts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #446: May 02, 2010 08:14:14 pm
      Off course I blame him, just like I praise him for all his win, for all his lineup when we won.

Oh i see, i get you now fella. You are one of those who blames the manager and purely the manager, not the fact that the players didn't perform for any defeats we have yet when we win you sing his praises. So even though we may field the same line up that may have won the previous game with ease but lose the next that line up is then therefore not good enough and Rafa should have changed it. At first i thought you were just a fickle armchair fan but now you have confirmed it.  :gt-happyup:
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #447: May 02, 2010 08:15:12 pm
      Am I the only man or woman buzzzing on our defeat? I go to bed with a massive.......heart.
      I return next season hating Chelsea.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #448: May 02, 2010 08:17:51 pm
      Oh i see, i get you now fella. You are one of those who blames the manager and purely the manager, not the fact that the players didn't perform for any defeats we have yet when we win you sing his praises. So even though we may field the same line up that may have won the previous game with ease but lose the next that line up is then therefore not good enough and Rafa should have changed it. At first i thought you were just a fickle armchair fan but now you have confirmed it.  :gt-happyup:

SAF won the title with United, Mourinho with Chelsea/Porto, Rafa won the EC with Liverpool

People remember certain players along the history, but yes... at the end of the day Managers get the praise for winning, and stick for not performing teams.

I don't see people lays the blame on GH's illness now, we just rate him as failure, or we don't see any trouble Souness was facing at that time, just that he fails.

Manager is a prestige job, and if you climb that high, you deserve all the praise and the stick for everything that comes with it, it's part of the parcel.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #449: May 02, 2010 08:19:00 pm
      I don't see people remembering who scored Nottingham's forrest when they're winning, just that Clough is their manager.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #450: May 02, 2010 08:21:09 pm
      SAF won the title with United, Mourinho with Chelsea/Porto, Rafa won the EC with Liverpool

After 7 years and Jose only won the league with Chelsea because he was given a flood load of money.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #451: May 02, 2010 08:24:40 pm
      Have to say if Rafa went I wouldn't be to disappointed to see Mourinho come, he has been a success at every job his had, but I'm not living in cloud cuckoo land like some and thinking he would take the job with the current sh*te going on at the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #452: May 02, 2010 08:28:39 pm

One more game to go and we can put this season to bed.

JD go in the Hicks and Gillet thread, I want to know if you have heard anything on something I have posted in there cheers. :)
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #453: May 02, 2010 08:44:03 pm
      Not long got home from the game...

And not entirely sure what to write-
      Without reading back 19 pages, i already know what they say...

Roll on next season??  Cant F***ing wait!

On the bright side....
      Mancs wont win the league (not that i wanted us to lose today!)
      And next season can only be better!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #454: May 02, 2010 08:46:47 pm
      Even if SG hadn't gifted Chelsea the first goal, still think they'd have won the match. They had they urgency, we looked tired, which is understandable after Thursday's 120 mins. Pepe kept the score down, he looked a frustrated man. The players playing out of position looked ill at ease and injuries to Maxi, followed by Carra trudging dejectly off, made a depressing sight.
      Actually felt sorry for Aquilani on being subbed near the end, he looked really disappointed to be called off again - he's been really trying last couple of games, closing people down etc. Game was gone anyway, maybe could've just left him on. Would be surprised if he was at the club next year though.
      Maxi's settled in better, looks like he's come up to the pace of the PL, reckon he could do a job for us next year.
      Will be glad once the seasons over. All the argueing and disagreement, think it's wearing everyone down. Whether the club with be bought/sold, will Rafa stay/go, will players stay/leave etc. etc. etc.  Busy summer ahead, can only hope things are sorted out.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #455: May 02, 2010 09:05:21 pm
      MOTM - Mascherano & Pepe

Now we just need Sunderland to do Man U a bad one!

I'm sorry but mascherano had the worst game ive seem him in a liverpool shirt. I'm not criticizing him, he was playing at right back, but he made kalou look like messi. I find it extraordinary that you think he was MOTM when he was probably our weakest player. Every attack came from our right side. I know masch is great but sometimes I think the fans glorify him a bit too much. At centre mid, yes he's great but at right back, it's a definate no for me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #456: May 02, 2010 09:10:11 pm
      ^^^

Not to mention his attempted crosses were abysmal.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #457: May 02, 2010 09:30:34 pm
      I'm sorry but mascherano had the worst game ive seem him in a liverpool shirt. I'm not criticizing him, he was playing at right back, but he made kalou look like messi. I find it extraordinary that you think he was MOTM when he was probably our weakest player. Every attack came from our right side. I know masch is great but sometimes I think the fans glorify him a bit too much. At centre mid, yes he's great but at right back, it's a definate no for me.

Tough for him though - not only playing out of position like you say but also Kalou is playing the best football of his Chelsea career at the moment, doing really well for them in the run in.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #458: May 02, 2010 09:35:53 pm
      Have to say if Rafa went I wouldn't be to disappointed to see Mourinho come, he has been a success at every job his had, but I'm not living in cloud cuckoo land like some and thinking he would take the job with the current sh*te going on at the club.
      Mourinho is sucessful in clubs with loads to spend, thats not us!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,114 posts | 3368 
      Reply #459: May 02, 2010 09:36:25 pm
      The players gave it a bit of effort for the first 20 minutes but as soon as Chelsea went one up, that was it. It was a case of resigning ourselves to defeat. It was a going through the motions kind of match, as if to say "ah well we're ending up with nothing this season so lets just end it".

The fans seemed pretty much the same from what I could make out. The odd bit of noise here and there but certainly not the level of intensity there was on Thursday. It felt like the fans were counting down the minutes till the whistle went.

All in all it was ending Anfield's season on a whimper rather than a bang. But that's the way the whole season has been in all honesty so it comes as no surprise.

I don't even feel like moaning about the players today. Usually when we go out with that sort of attitude I get a right cob on and go off on a tangent but tonight I can't be arsed. I'm not even that disappointed because we had nothing riding on the game anyway, I'd secretly resigned meself to us not finishing fourth a while back and just tried to convince meself that we could get it.

Special mention must go to Pepe Reina though who, like he has all season, felt the way we do. You could see his frustration in the players around him yet he still gave his all. He's the only player who has come out of this season with any sort of credit. Love the man to bits, not only for his ability but attitude on and off the field. You rarely see him in the papers or on the telly and on the odd occassion you do it's for the right reason not because he's had a midweek piss up.

He was our man of the match again. And is quite rightly going to be named player of the season because nobody else is even in contention as far as I'm concerned. Pepe is head, shoulders, knees and F***ing toes ahead of the rest.

Quick Reply