Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)

Read 157391 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Joe Cole Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Nov 10, 2012 10:32:50 am
      I remember the fanfare when he arrived at the club - lots of people claiming him to be the missing link and showing how good Woy could attract top class players to the club and that Rafa wouldnt have touched Cole !! I would absolutely crucified ( no surprise) for going against the majority and suggested it was an awful signing on a player who had dropped due to injury and the signing had F**k all to do with Woy .

2 years down the line and it seems i was 100% spot on. Waste of a player who we have so far paid over £10mil too plus any signing on fees and bonuses - pathetic transfer by Purslow to try and deflect what happened with Rafa and to go Woy on side with the fans - shame so many got sucked in.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1496: Nov 10, 2012 10:46:01 am
      Transfer that went wrong, he has been a good player, just sometimes things dont work out.

Not going to get mardy about it, one of those things.

I actually think Joe came back this summer with the intention of making it work, a manager he knew and he had had a decent season at Lille.. He made the right noises. Unfortunately his best days are far behind him and it isnt going to work.
      I think he probably knows that now and has probably resigned himself to it.

I actually think he will move on next summer for a free and take a wage cut.. I genuinely think he wanted to give it a go. Yes the wage is massive but i dont think he will just see his career out for the next two years just for that.. He will move on in my opinion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1497: Nov 10, 2012 02:33:39 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1498: Nov 10, 2012 03:23:01 pm
      You can take race dogs to the vets and have them put down, same with race horses, wonder if we could do it with Joe Cole.

There's a nice little clinic called Dignitas in Zurich.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1499: Nov 20, 2012 03:09:36 pm
      He'll be at Stoke in Jan.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1500: Nov 20, 2012 03:24:05 pm
      Been thinking about the situation with Joe where we can't get shut due to his wage demands so why not just pay him off.  He's a free agent then and can sort his own wages out.  Yes it'll cost us money, about £5 or 6m but I'd rather see him gone.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1501: Nov 20, 2012 03:26:52 pm
      Been thinking about the situation with Joe where we can't get shut due to his wage demands so why not just pay him off.  He's a free agent then and can sort his own wages out.  Yes it'll cost us money, about £5 or 6m but I'd rather see him gone.

Dont see why not, we took a hit on Aquilani,you would think a player who knows he aint got a chance in hell to cut it at the club would look to make moves elsewhere.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1502: Nov 20, 2012 03:42:30 pm
      £5-6million could get us a youth squad player for the future.

It's horrid to think that could be used to pay off a lousy player.

Only in football eh?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1503: Nov 20, 2012 04:44:56 pm
      I know what you mean mate it seems crazy but if he isn't going to take the hint to go, I'd rather see the back of him.  He's a very bad example to be setting for the youngsters.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1504: Nov 20, 2012 04:52:51 pm
      I know what you mean mate it seems crazy but if he isn't going to take the hint to go, I'd rather see the back of him.  He's a very bad example to be setting for the youngsters.

Would like to see Rodgers go public on this one and make it known in the media Cole has no future at the club and should be looking to move on,just as done with Downing,Carroll,Adam etc.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1505: Nov 20, 2012 04:57:41 pm
      Would like to see Rodgers go public on this one and make it known in the media Cole has no future at the club and should be looking to move on,just as done with Downing,Carroll,Adam etc.

Yeah it seems weird that he hasn't done this with him, unless there's some old loyalty to him due to his Chelsea days.  Having said that Brendan doesn't seem the type to be sentimental.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1506: Nov 20, 2012 04:59:46 pm
      Yeah it seems weird that he hasn't done this with him, unless there's some old loyalty to him due to his Chelsea days.  Having said that Brendan doesn't seem the type to be sentimental.

There maybe a touch of the old boys act & loyalty but Rodgers loyalty is with clubs best interestn and Cole should be made aware he is surplus to requirments.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1507: Nov 22, 2012 10:03:29 pm
      Credit where it's due. He played well tonight and deserved his goal.

Needs to keep it up now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1508: Nov 22, 2012 10:11:50 pm
      Good game from Joe tonight although he looked knackered from about 5 minutes on and still did in his interview after the game.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1509: Nov 22, 2012 10:12:54 pm
      Good game from Joe tonight although he looked knackered from about 5 minutes on and still did in his interview after the game.

Needed a quick cig to kick the lungs back into action
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #1510: Nov 22, 2012 10:13:15 pm
      Goal, assist and a very good performance attacking and tracking back. Why have we not seen this Joe Cole before? Its too late
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1511: Nov 22, 2012 10:13:23 pm

Needs to keep it up now.

Really did well today, swallow and springs as George says but still deserves the credit for a really good performance despite looking like he was completely knackered after just 10 mins. I'd rather someone breathe like that and look knackered but run than do what Gerrard did in the last minutes, half arsed challenge and walk back as they score from the edge of our box.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1512: Nov 22, 2012 10:24:50 pm

Needs to keep it up now.

Agree with this. I'm still not convinced he has a future with us but he showed tonight that he can still perform.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1513: Nov 23, 2012 12:14:52 am
      Goal, assist and a very good performance attacking and tracking back. Why have we not seen this Joe Cole before? Its too late
      It's never too late , lastnights performance was the Joe Cole we remember from his Chelsea years.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1514: Nov 23, 2012 12:29:32 am
      Very good game for him tonight, provided the penetration we need.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1515: Nov 23, 2012 12:30:05 am
      Superb performance by him tonight. Well done Joe. Worked his socks off and deserves all the praise he gets tonight. Keep it up Joe. You can still do this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1516: Nov 23, 2012 12:57:02 am
      Really did well today, swallow and springs as George says but still deserves the credit for a really good performance despite looking like he was completely knackered after just 10 mins. I'd rather someone breathe like that and look knackered but run than do what Gerrard did in the last minutes, half arsed challenge and walk back as they score from the edge of our box.

Wasn't even a half-arsed challenge, just totally pulled out and still a little pissed off with Steven over that. Yeah thought Joe did alright, well taken goal, but still not good enough to be playing week in week out for us.
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #1517: Nov 23, 2012 09:51:24 am
      I've always been a fan of him!

Of course, he has rarely been influential in Liverpool, but yesterday's game showed why he was brought to Liverpool in the first place!

If it turns into a regular performance by Cole, is already a separate question!

Quick Reply