Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 58059 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #644: Jul 27, 2010 02:46:04 pm
      I have to say I'm disgusted at some posts in this thread having a go at Torres.

Never has he said he wants to go or never has he said he 'just wants Champions League football'.

So those telling him 'to get some f**king steel' etc. need to get a grip. The last clue we had was him in with the World Cup trophy and a Liverpool scarf. Guess lots of people have forgotten that already.

F***ing right mate.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #645: Jul 27, 2010 02:47:22 pm
      I wonder how long we can go without a fresh media link stating that Torres is on his way out? a hour maybe?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #646: Jul 27, 2010 03:27:20 pm
      I wonder how long we can go without a fresh media link stating that Torres is on his way out? a hour maybe?

3.50 seconds

3 fiddy
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #647: Jul 27, 2010 03:53:02 pm
      Just spitballing here like, but if Fernando is that desperate for Champions League footy, why not just loan him out?

Because we're obviously not selling him to pay down debt. :f_tongueincheek:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #648: Jul 27, 2010 04:27:14 pm
      Jamie Carragher: Fernando Torres will stay at Liverpool FC

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/27/jamie-carragher-fernando-torres-will-stay-at-liverpool-fc-100252-26936882/

JAMIE CARRAGHER is confident Fernando Torres will remain at Anfield to help the club regain their place in the Champions League.

The Spaniardā€™s future has been the subject of intense speculation with both Chelsea and Manchester City linked with the prolific striker.

Reds managing director Christian Purslow is working hard to persuade Torres to stay put and Liverpool have always insisted he is not for sale any price.

Centre-back Carragher believes Torres will soon follow skipper Steven Gerrardā€™s lead and reaffirm his commitment to the cause.

ā€œThereā€™s been a lot of negativity and itā€™s been like that for a while,ā€ Carragher said.

ā€œIā€™m sure that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will still be involved at the club next season.

ā€œIf they are then the aim for Liverpool must be to get back into the Champions League.ā€

Carragher admits new manager Roy Hodgson is embarking on a ā€œrebuilding processā€ following the Redsā€™ dismal seventh place finish in the Premier League under Rafa Benitez last season.

Money is tight at Anfield but with England international Joe Cole snapped up on a free transfer and more signings in the pipeline Carragher is optimistic about the future.

ā€œLiverpool arenā€™t a club like Real Madrid, who can just throw Ā£100million at it if we donā€™t win the title,ā€ he added.

ā€œFor clubs like Real Madrid and Inter Milan, itā€™s a disaster if they donā€™t win the league, so they go out and spend big money on new players. Liverpool canā€™t do that ā€“ we have to build.

ā€œNext season, rather than thinking too much about the title, we have to concentrate on getting back into the top four.

ā€œItā€™s a rebuilding process again and hopefully we can get ourselves right up there.ā€

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his desire to take Torres to Eastlands and he is refusing to give up hope of completing a deal.

City are willing to better the British record transfer fee of Ā£32.5m they spent to sign Robinho from Real Madrid. However, Mancini is also closing in on a deal for Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli and Wolfsburgā€™s Edin Dzeko is also on his wishlist.

ā€œTorres is one of the best strikers in Europe and is already playing in the Premier League for three years and knows it very well,ā€ Mancini said.

ā€œBut it depends on his situation ā€“ his price and whether he wants to come.

ā€œThere are two or three strikers that we could go for, but it is the same situation as it is with James Milner. First there is the price and then it depends if the players want to change team.

ā€œUntil today, Liverpool havenā€™t bought many players.ā€
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #649: Jul 27, 2010 04:36:14 pm
      SSN Breaking News:

Woy has dismissed reports of Torres leaving
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #650: Jul 27, 2010 04:44:28 pm
      Roy has just said on SSN "Torres cant wait to get back training on Monday"
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #651: Jul 27, 2010 04:45:04 pm
      He's Staying!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #652: Jul 27, 2010 04:45:49 pm
      The Mail

Hodgson has had more positive news from Spain striker Fernando Torres, who has confirmed his intention to return to the club on Monday and to remain at Anfield.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #653: Jul 27, 2010 04:52:45 pm
      Torres will not go after just ONE poor season, Hes not like that.

I love Torres Soooooo Much with all my heart. He is one of the best Strikers in the century (2000's) ,I could go as far as saying he is on par with Thierry Henry, when he was at his best. I really do think that.

But.

Torres Doesn't play enough IMO, Remember the 2008/9 Season, We could of won that if he wasn't injured and stayed fit, I know it might not be his fault, but that how he is like. Some players are never injured, I.e Kuyt, Carragher.
      He was injured for a number games during the 2008/9 season and unfortunately drew stupid games which we should of won and cost us the league. I'm not saying for 1 minute its ALL his fault. But I'm saying we depend on him too much which puts him under alot of pressure, and maybe he says hes injured when maybe, he could of played and scored a few to win some of those draws.
      Now, Clubs are coming in, Speculations, Rumours, whatever, Saying they are going to pay 70 Million for him. Its a tricky one, With that money we could buy a top left back and maybe two good young talented strikers. That maybe stay fit and win games for us. That money could bring in the likes of Aguero, Suarez, Luis Fabiano, Maybe Alexandre Pato...Awesome Players (not all of them :( ).

Please dint have a go at me saying ' Your having a go at Torres' - I am NOT having a go at Torres, I'm just saying, if he goes, It cant be all that bad. :-\

I Love Torres  :)

YNWA

EDIT: Sorry ^ didn't see those Comments - GREAT NEWS !! :D, Still see my point ?  :-\
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #654: Jul 27, 2010 04:56:43 pm
      I bet all the people who where slating Torres feel like a right bunch off tits.

Go cry in your spilt milk.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #655: Jul 27, 2010 04:56:49 pm
      Recent speculation suggested Torres was keen to play Champions League football this season and was considering his options.
      Hodgson said that was not the message the club had received from the Spain striker. 'As far as I know he is looking forward to coming back here; he is back on Monday,' said the Englishman. 'He is enjoying a holiday - a well-deserved break as he has not had one for three years.   

'But he has told us that he is looking forward to Monday, looking forward to getting back to work and looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season.   

'That is what I know so other reports, I would suggest, are erroneous

Daily fail
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #656: Jul 27, 2010 04:58:26 pm
      I bet all the people who where slating Torres feel like a right bunch off tits.

Go cry in your spilt milk.
      Your not refering to me are you ?
      I wasnt 'Slating' him :-\
      Im glad, hes staying :D
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #658: Jul 27, 2010 06:30:33 pm
      Great news on Torres.

I think we can take Roy's assertion that Mascherano will only leave if the club wants to let him go with a pinch of salt.  I think it's an opening gambit in maximising the transfer fee.

He wants to go.  He has two years left on his contract so we can maximise the fee we get.  I think it is a well accepted fact that his wife has not settled here so I'm expecting his move to Inter in the next week.  I don't think it would serve anyones purpose to keep a player who wants to leave.

Shame but there are other options and I think we should be able to get a good replacement with the money providing it doesn't go to financing the debt. 
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #659: Jul 27, 2010 06:43:59 pm
      Great news.

Once again, all these stories about Torres saying he wants to leave etc etc are all proved to be a load of bollocks.

And as i said in my previous post in this thread today, it took an official statement to quash the rumours as always.
      And everyone telling Torres to hurry up and commit or F**k off, I bet you feel like a tit now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #660: Jul 27, 2010 06:59:18 pm
      Never doubted him for a moment.

Where are all the 'get some F***ing steel Nando' posters gone now? ;)
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #661: Jul 27, 2010 07:00:38 pm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #662: Jul 27, 2010 07:05:07 pm
      Horrible words them, 'as far as I know.'

Taking faith in the article though. And looking forward to Monday.

I think it would be probably wise to ignore any of the ficticious sh*te people seem to be churning out about us consistently.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #663: Jul 27, 2010 07:08:37 pm
      There really is no reason at all to believe he's going anywhere.
      Don77

• 6,617 posts | 1110 
      Reply #664: Jul 27, 2010 07:09:55 pm
      Horrible words them, 'as far as I know.'

Taking faith in the article though. And looking forward to Monday.

I think it would be probably wise to ignore any of the ficticious sh*te people seem to be churning out about us consistently.

Certainly will Joey mate. Im really happy about this news today. Nando, Gerrard, Cole will scare the life out of teams. It could be like barnes beardsley and Aldridge again.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #665: Jul 27, 2010 07:14:06 pm
      Can't wait to lock this topic.

You know what you're all getting if it's good news...

Don77

• 6,617 posts | 1110 
      Reply #666: Jul 27, 2010 07:23:42 pm
      Can't wait to lock this topic.

You know what you're all getting if it's good news...

Heh Joey lad, ive got a stormtrooper outfit you know if you are interested lmao. Will take it to Gows tomorrow, im helping him move. That will be more stress than this thread!

Quick Reply