Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)

Read 94741 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)
      May 17, 2010 04:56:35 pm
      Liverpool Midfielder Javier Mascherano Hints At Anfield Exit With Barcelona Looming
      Argentine admits he wanted to join Catalans last summer...
      By Danny Hart
      May 17, 2010 2:48:00 PM

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has dropped his biggest hint yet that he may leave the club in the summer.

The 25-year-old has admitted he was keen to move to Barcelona last summer, but manager Rafael Benitez refused to sell him. The Argentina captain has continued to be linked with a move to Spain throughout the season, and says he would have liked to join Pep Guardiola’s side as it’s the city he wants to live in.

“The situation with Barcelona really affected me," Mascherano told the Liverpool Daily Post.

“It was a shame it didn’t happen as it was the city I wanted to live in.

“There were many discussions and problems during that month and a half. They were difficult times for me. One day I was off to Barcelona, the next I wasn’t.

“And Liverpool said I was non-transferable.

“Psychologically, it affected me as I couldn’t think in Liverpool and I was focused on other stuff and not on my work, my training and playing.

“Also we were having problems with Argentina as our qualification to the World Cup was in danger. There was a lot of complicated stuff at that time.”

Mascherano revealed he is still finding it difficult to settle in England, and admitted his wife is having problems adjusting to life in England.

He added: “I don’t do much stuff in my free time, that’s the truth.

“I could go to London with my wife to do some shopping but I have already been to London 1,000 times and if I want to go to another city I would have to take a plane.

“What kills me about living in Liverpool is that there are only two Argentinians here with me, Emiliano Insua and Maxi Rodriguez.

“I have no problem living in Liverpool, but I think my wife and daughters deserve to enjoy every day to the full and live their lives – but they have to be at home all day.

“My wife doesn’t speak a word of English, so she depends 100% on me. I live here with them. That’s my world, that’s my life.”

www.talkaloadofbull.com
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 03:20:05 pm by Reslivo »
      Dangerich
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: May 17, 2010 04:58:20 pm
      Didn't realise Barcelona was a densely argentinian populated city?!
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: May 17, 2010 04:58:52 pm
      Didn't realise Barcelona was a densely argentinian populated city?!

neither did i!! ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: May 17, 2010 05:10:23 pm
      I'm sick to my teeth with the speculation surrounding this lad, i love the lad he is a great player but he is going to have to sign a contract this Summer or leave.

Barc won't buy him if they get there targets Villa and Fabergas, they won't have the money. He has a year and a half left and we can't afford to lose him for peanuts.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #4: May 17, 2010 05:31:35 pm
      I'm sick to my teeth with the speculation surrounding this lad, I love the lad he is a great player but he is going to have to sign a contract this Summer or leave.

Barc won't buy him if they get there targets Villa and Fabergas, they won't have the money. He has a year and a half left and we can't afford to lose him for peanuts.

agreed. things could go tits up this summer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #5: May 17, 2010 06:57:33 pm
      Personally, I think he is off this summer.  I think his sale is going to fund another round of last minute transfers in our notorious sell to buy cack-handed policy.

The manager of the club should be doing deals now, before the world cup, not surveying the post World Cup devastation.

Mascherano's comments to the Echo only serve to remind us what has been suspected for a long time.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: May 17, 2010 07:19:46 pm
      Someone mentioned scott parker while he is no where near Masch level. I think he would a decent cut price signing especially with our budget.

If Rafa got the £35 million from Masch another £6.5 million from selling Dossena and Voronin and the regular supposedly £20 million on top of any other sales.

I obviously would be looking for bigger signings but I know the state of the club and the sh*te that goes on at our club behind the scenes, so I'd settle for Parker and Banega.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: May 17, 2010 07:27:45 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised to see him go, but family comes first, so I can't be mad at the lad at all. He would be perfect in Barca's side, too. Would be a shame to lose the best Defensive Midfielder in the world but the money could aid us greatly in improving the squad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #8: May 17, 2010 07:30:16 pm
      Someone mentioned scott parker while he is no where near Masch level. I think he would a decent cut price signing especially with our budget.

If Rafa got the £35 million from Masch another £6.5 million from selling Dossena and Voronin and the regular supposedly £20 million on top of any other sales.

I obviously would be looking for bigger signings but I know the state of the club and the sh*te that goes on at our club behind the scenes, so I'd settle for Parker and Banega.

That would of been moi!!

Half taking the piss and half being serious.

Thats the whole rub though, will we see player sales going back into the pot for transfer sales along with that supposed £20 million from the Standard Chartered deal.

If so then I say we could go for Banega, if not then it's Parker. I wouldn't buy the two of them, would prefer one plus a left-back and another winger.

But again this is down to whether or not Masch fucks off and we the get money to re-strengthen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #9: May 17, 2010 07:31:36 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised to see him go, but family comes first, so I can't be mad at the lad at all. He would be perfect in Barca's side, too. Would be a shame to lose the best Defensive Midfielder in the world but the money could aid us greatly in improving the squad.

Do you honestly think Barca will buy him while they still have the chance to buy Fabregas?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: May 17, 2010 09:49:03 pm
      He's off. No doubt.

Let's get Banega in then.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #11: May 17, 2010 09:57:20 pm
      Thanks Masch for all your great service...you will be missed lad :(
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: May 17, 2010 10:35:49 pm
      How's he going to fit into that midfield when Cesc signs in 2 weeks?

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: May 17, 2010 11:40:31 pm
      They would be stacked for sure. Xavi just turned 30 so maybe they're seeking his replacement (which would naturally be Cesc). I'm not sure where Masch would fit (he and Busquets play the same role) but on a team like Barca that can afford to have such squad depth, he would fit.

All that said, I hope he stays and his family settles in, because he is a key player and plays for the shirt for 90 minutes.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: May 17, 2010 11:43:13 pm
      Not ruling anything out after the Alonso saga last year, I just want teh new campaign to start and see where we are at then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: May 17, 2010 11:45:10 pm
      I think he has played his last game for us, has clearly had his head turned by Barca.

Whilst it would be a big shame to see him go i'd happily see an offer of around £25-30mill + Bojan get accepted. Not like Rafa would get the money to spend on a replacement anyway so we may as well try and get an up and coming star as part of the deal.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #16: May 18, 2010 12:05:12 am
      How's he going to fit into that midfield when Cesc signs in 2 weeks?

BLASPHEMY !!! hold your tongue man , cesc aint goin anywhere . I'll donate 20 quid to this forum if Cesc goes ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: May 18, 2010 12:23:43 am
      BLASPHEMY !!! hold your tongue man , cesc aint goin anywhere . I'll donate 20 quid to this forum if Cesc goes ;)

How about you donate anyway? Especially seeing as you use this forum? Just a thought...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: May 18, 2010 12:39:10 am

Thats just become my new avatar to remind you ;D
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #19: May 18, 2010 12:44:00 am
      How about you donate anyway? Especially seeing as you use this forum? Just a thought...

Done and dusted King Kenny , you'll get the other 10 quid if Cesc goes to Barca
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: May 18, 2010 12:45:09 am
      Done and dusted King Kenny , you'll get the other 10 quid if Cesc goes to Barca

Glad to hear it, will be watching SSN very closely now ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #21: May 18, 2010 02:09:56 am

Hope you have that money ready because Barca want their lad back.

And right now Barca are a far better prospect than Arsenal.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #22: May 18, 2010 02:13:05 am
      I cant see Masch going if Fabregas goes.

Toure to go to Arsenal then plus some cash for Cesc.

Why would they want Masch in there too??

Quick Reply