Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

American Sports

Read 1494 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      American Sports
      May 18, 2010 10:52:41 pm
      A question for the American fans on here. Im off to Boston soon. Want to catch an American event while Im there. The question is NASCAR or Baseball? Im a big car racing fan but I have never seen a Baseball game and the guys over there are all Red Soxs fans
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: American Sports
      Reply #1: May 18, 2010 11:02:41 pm
      When are you coming? Just going to Boston? Anyways, id say baseball. Boston has one of the most historic ballparks about in Fenway Park, and i think seeing a game or two there would be a great American sports experience. Especially if you could get to see a great team like the Yankees play there as well ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: May 18, 2010 11:12:29 pm
      Might make New York too. All funds dependant at the moment. Really want to see one. Downloaded prices for both yesterday. The ovals arent cheap
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: May 18, 2010 11:20:40 pm
      Well if you hit up New York you gotta see a Yankees game! ;D

Either way, both would be good. When are you over exactly? Very soon or in a couple months? Cos American Football pre-season games are played in August, so thats another option, if you are around then.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: May 18, 2010 11:26:48 pm
      Heading next month so I think its only the two options. Dont know myself. Will be well looking forward to it whichever one I go to. Guess Im really looking for good stories on the Baseball as I know most of the others will want to see that. Shame to get across the pond and miss an oval race though
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: May 18, 2010 11:31:15 pm
      Yeah only those options, unless you catch the tail end of the NBA finals, and thats IF Boston are in them still and then good luck getting a ticket :D

But yeah, Baseball a given. As far as NASCAR goes, don't know a lot about it so i can't say too much on that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: May 18, 2010 11:35:38 pm
      Well the Baseball is a single day event whereas the NASCAR is the weekend. Doubt Id get away with making them spend the weekend at an oval just to indulge me

Quick Reply