Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

4th July 2010: Independence Day

Read 35856 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: 4th July 2010: Independence Day
      Reply #69: Jun 06, 2010 10:54:12 am
      "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."

Although it doesn't look promising (at the moment) i'm trying my best to get over for this one.

Y.N.W.A.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: Jun 06, 2010 12:08:19 pm
      I'm in for this and I've been rallying the troops at work too.  Plenty of Reds fans in South Yorkshire.

Every Liverpool fan who lives in the UK should be up for this unless they have a good reason not to attend - work, family commitments, hols etc.  This needs to be a show of strength and support from us all.

Could our overseas fans try to send banners too so we can show it's a Worldwide protest even if you can't be there?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #71: Jun 06, 2010 04:17:08 pm
      Im up from Cardiff for this....the yanks are having it big time!!!!!!

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #72: Jun 06, 2010 05:41:26 pm
      Going to be a lot of pissed off Reds at this march. Sounds like it's going off. ;)

Does anyone think it would be as beneficial to give the players who could possibly leave a reason to stay? Plenty of coverage opportunites on the day. Images of 10,000 of us bouncing like f*ck on the way to Anfield to the Torres Bounce, singing Gerrard's name and going all White Stripes for Mascherano? It would tug their heart strings at least, show them that we need them more than ever.

Just a thought.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #73: Jun 06, 2010 06:39:02 pm
      I'm in for this and I've been rallying the troops at work too.  Plenty of Reds fans in South Yorkshire.

Every Liverpool fan who lives in the UK should be up for this unless they have a good reason not to attend - work, family commitments, hols etc.  This needs to be a show of strength and support from us all.

Could our overseas fans try to send banners too so we can show it's a Worldwide protest even if you can't be there?

Thanks for the P.M. Debs.
      Getting flag/banner done here "en France" and sending it over to you.

Have it flown with pride.
      U.S. is being taken care of and under way.  Theres a few supporters in Spain.
      Can we get OZ on board?

PS. Cant guarantee delivery of pink boots though.
           You may have to find some magic mushrooms!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jun 06, 2010 06:54:49 pm
      Thanks for the P.M. Debs.
      Getting flag/banner done here "en France" and sending it over to you.

Have it flown with pride.
      U.S. is being taken care of and under way.  Theres a few supporters in Spain.
      Can we get OZ on board?

PS. Cant guarantee delivery of pink boots though.
           You may have to find some magic mushrooms!

You've been busy mate, well done getting things started stateside.

Will definitely make sure your banner/flag is flown with pride mate as all of them will be.

I'll find something for the pink boots  ;D

predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #75: Jun 06, 2010 07:14:07 pm
      If I could I would, my thoughts are with you all.

YNWA!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #76: Jun 08, 2010 10:51:02 am
      I know this post is going to get up some members noses but I am literally losing sleep over the present mess, and Iā€™m feeling more and more inadequate, and here for what they are worth are some of my thoughts.

We need some sort of campaign and rapidly, in my humble opinion not via SOS, at least not in its present form. They excel at making lists, appointing committee members, calling meeting, the odd march etc. etc. The next thing you know there will be power struggle at the top; they are just not rabid enough for me. They mean well I know but we require a more ā€œmilitantā€ style of campaign. We need somebody in the hierarchy like a senior retired union official, or somebody of that ilk, a person  with sound practical organisational skills. The point I am trying to get over is we need direct action, and we need it now!

Here are some very crude ideas

1   Instead of endless armchair facebook campaigns. Why not have a facebook campaign for everybody who has moved or closed their RBS account, and each supporter who closes an account is issued with a badge of honour and a very prestigious honour it would be. Because RBS really a one of the greatest villains in this saga. They have and continue to sustain these two clowns.  Every time somebody moves their account an email could go to the chairman & CEO of RBS and a letter and email to the chancellor because he is the dafacto chairman of RBS anyway, letā€™s carpet bomb these faceless bas**rds with mail, also rolling in the media as well. We could have a thermometer like billboard in the middle of town showing how many people have moved from the bank. This really does need expanding and ramping up!
      2   Two hundred of us could go into the LFC store in L1 get a arm full of merchandise and go to the till and say ā€œ sorry Iā€™ve forget my walletā€. Could you imaging the chaos as the tills as they pile up with returns stock, it would be mayhem. It would take them a day to get the place straight again. Just a mild form of civil disobedience, Gandhi style. Personal Iā€™d like to go in there with a bally on and trash the gaff, but hey I know.
      3   One game a month everybody leave at half time and go outside and form a human chain around Anfield the media would love it. Or when Hicks comes to his seat again, and he will at some point, somebody blows a whistle four times or whatever and everybody turn their backs to the pitch with five minute dead silence, again the media would revel in if. But any stance we take will require thorough organisation and a total commitment from the faithfully.
      4   One game every month, or bi monthly we could have a total boycott with a fully 25,000 picket and in your face leafleting campaign for the OOTers and away fans with fly posters all over Anfield, make a right f***in eye sore and mess of the place. Then off to the pub to watch the game.
      5   Manipulation and the co-operation of the media is the key to achieve any measure of success. The press were eager enough to egg on the flag holders to burn the star n stripes the other Friday, we should take advantage of the willingness to publish spectacles like this, well letā€™s dream up some very symbolic events for them to print and screen.

Itā€™s all a bit crude I know but itā€™s a starting point

I have been a season ticket hold via my father and his father unbroken for fifty more years. I am now seriously considering not renewing it this season because of these two bas**rds. Let me tell you it is taking some deep soul searching to arrive at this, as I see as a very drastic decision.  How can I stand idly by handing over the dosh season after season thereby sustaining these to tw*ts, I know what youā€™re thinking, and if I did follow this course, yes somebody will snap it up. But how can I rant on in this fashion and on the other hand give them best part of eight hundred pounds. Who would be laughing at who? Iā€™m only too glad the renewal forms are late this year.
      To that end if somebody is willing to pick up the touch I will give Ā£500 pounds to kick off a ā€œnew fighting fundā€ and I think you should do similar Mr. Moores with the extra Ā£8m quid your plundered from the sale of the club. Lets see just how upset you really are? tw*t

I AM APERPLEPTIC WITH RAGE THAT IT HAS COME TO THIS!!

My email is available in my profile
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Jun 09, 2010 01:21:50 am
      Mate there are people around,who will rise to the challenge.I personally sold my house and business in Scotland,to be involved in the fight to remove the gobshites.Most of us on here have sacrificed personal ambitions,to fight the cause.The young guns around the world are equally commited,(and believe me they are the future of our club).So we will do our bit to protest on the streets,but our real success will come from world wide internet protest.You have the financial power.Don't buy LFC merchandise,you joining the protest,will turn our history.You Never Walk Alone,means when we the fans on base need your'e support,you respond appropiately.True Reds YNWA.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #78: Jun 09, 2010 09:18:08 am
      Just a thought but has anyone sent emails to the press & tv so its get as much coverage as possible...??

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #79: Jun 09, 2010 09:32:34 am
      Wish i could go over, but have my bro's birthday so have to go to edinburgh for that!

I know you guys will do us all proud!

YNWA
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #80: Jun 09, 2010 09:34:13 am
      Just a thought but has anyone sent emails to the press & tv so its get as much coverage as possible...??

They're always there. They read the forums, websites, etc.

They get half their material from them. :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Jun 10, 2010 11:04:14 am
      I dropped this into another thread some time ago but with the new official kit being launched it may have more weight that just an idea.

Im not one who thinks that copying Manure in any way is clever.
      However what we are trying to do is discover our roots. Read the forum on how we need to get back to the Liverpool Way.

Our club first founded played in blue.
      Dont think that is now a good idea to go back to that but mixing our original colour and our Liverpool Red you do get the purple that has been applied on the new Standard Chartered kits.

Can we consider getting scarves banners t shirts up and running in our alternative colour showing our boycott of official goods into the Yanks pockets?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #82: Jun 11, 2010 10:38:22 am
      Any idea of numbers attending or too early to say...?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #83: Jun 11, 2010 10:40:48 am
      Any idea of numbers attending or too early to say...?
      There's a few hundred on the Facebook page alone.

I reckon there will be a few thousand there.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #84: Jun 11, 2010 10:49:54 am
      Ideally we need as many as we can possibly muster up.

It will certainly be a statement if there are more than a couple of thousand bouncing up towards Anfield from St Georges Hall.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2010 01:50:04 pm
      As far as I can tell from what is being said at the SOS Meeting, this will now be a rally on St Georges Plateau with a stage and groups on.

More to follow....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,164 posts | 3388 
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2010 02:48:16 pm
      As far as I can tell from what is being said at the SOS Meeting, this will now be a rally on St Georges Plateau with a stage and groups on.

More to follow....

I didn't realise this was an SOS event.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2010 02:57:44 pm
      Merchandise boycott. Auto Cup Scheme boycott. And a boycott on the RBS.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #88: Jun 12, 2010 03:05:17 pm

Neither did I Billy.  When I emailed SOS about it they replied saying they didn't know who was organising it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #89: Jun 12, 2010 03:06:20 pm

More to follow....

So, no march to Anfield then?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #90: Jun 12, 2010 03:07:12 pm
      Neither did I Billy.  When I emailed SOS about it they replied saying they didn't know who was organising it.

We need to get organised under one umbrella the last thing we need is to look all over the place.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #91: Jun 12, 2010 03:11:26 pm
      We need to get organised under one umbrella the last thing we need is to look all over the place.

Exactly what I've said Shabs earlier in this thread.  We need everyone to come together.  We may have a different view of doing things but ultimately it's all for the same cause which is saving our beloved Liverpool FC.

Quick Reply