Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

England 1-1 USA (Gp C) Sat 12 Jun 7.30pm

Read 17762 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: England v USA (Gp C) Sat 12 Jun 7.30pm
      Reply #184: Jun 12, 2010 10:25:12 pm
      Oh, and Joe Hart has gotta be in goal next game. I would have had him in for this one, but definitely gotta be in now.

As Gullit is saying now in the post-match, seems to be a lot of indecision in the England camp - Milner only lasting 30, King only on for a half. Seems like Capello just hoped they would last rather than picking an 11 he knew would be able to go the distance into the 2nd half.

Ah, well they should have it a lot easier in the last couple games.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: England 1-1 USA (Gp C) Sat 12 Jun 7.30pm
      Reply #185: Jun 12, 2010 10:25:52 pm
      Good result for USA.

Nationwide shame for England.

Shame? Why?

Full time.

Was a bit Winnie The Pooh that. Expected a bit of a rout for England from the impression I got from the opening exchanges. Wasn't to happen though.

Rooney had a job done on him there. Very good tactics by the Americans.

Either that, or he played sh*t. :D

The Latter
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #186: Jun 12, 2010 10:25:58 pm
      SWP should make way for Cole. Crouch needs to start. Oh and any chance you could find a holding midfielder and a good keeper
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #187: Jun 12, 2010 10:26:26 pm
      Good match. US was solid on offense and defense. We had a lot of chances and even though it was a draw It was a good showing. I think the US got a bit of respect from the English side too. We hung in against one of the top teams in the world. So, I think it was good showing.

I thought England played great and the US played great.  The second half the US just pounded on the English defense. Altidore just missed a goal, we had a lot of chances, Howard was great. He had a lot of great saves and I think this showing showed that we can win big matches and we can beat the top teams.  

I think the US and England will advance and maybe we'll play again next week.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #188: Jun 12, 2010 10:29:22 pm
      ^^ The only way the USA and England can play each other again YANK is if they meet in the final, or third place playoff - so not gonna happen ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      Reply #189: Jun 12, 2010 10:30:18 pm
      Anyone gonna watch the "Hihglights" later? Thought not.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #190: Jun 12, 2010 10:30:51 pm
      So disappointed with England. Cannot believe they played a long ball game. Capello has a load
      of questions to answer esp team selection. Again England seemed short of conviction and confidence
      as in previous championships.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #191: Jun 12, 2010 10:32:27 pm
      Not impressed by England tonight. USA played as expected.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #192: Jun 12, 2010 10:34:42 pm
      Good result for USA.

Nationwide shame for England.
      Shame??

Cmon.  I know the England fans wont admit it, but the US team is a good squad.  They play solid, fast attacking football. We played solid for 90 minutes. We gave up a sh*t goal in the first 5 minutes but we settled down and did what we needed to do to get a result and take points from the match.

I know were never going to get respect from any European, but the US team is good, they have one of the best goalies in the world and play great football.  Everyone thinks we suck, but we continue to win matches and play great football.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #193: Jun 12, 2010 10:37:21 pm
      I'm sorry YANK_LFC_FAN, but I didn't see great football from either side tonight.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #194: Jun 12, 2010 10:37:40 pm

Because they didn't beat the Americans in football. That's got to hurt.

I don't think anyone is undervaluing the USA team, I just mean that England would expect to beat the Americans at soccerball.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #195: Jun 12, 2010 10:38:09 pm
      Shame??

Cmon.  I know the England fans wont admit it, but the US team is a good squad.  They play solid, fast attacking football. We played solid for 90 minutes. We gave up a sh*t goal in the first 5 minutes but we settled down and did what we needed to do to get a result and take points from the match.

I know were never going to get respect from any European, but the US team is good, they have one of the best goalies in the world and play great football.  Everyone thinks we suck, but we continue to win matches and play great football.

Get off it mate. I'm a yank as well, and we played far from "great football."

We were organized in the back, and we picked a couple good spots going forward but other then that we offered the game nothing. It was impressive from DeMerit, Dolo and Boca but Donovan was coming inside far too much and Dempsey didn't get on the ball at all.

Bradley needs to play Altidore alone, put Dempsey behind him and bring Holden (natural width) into the game if we want to look better going forward.

I thought we (the USA) played a solid game, but we didn't play great football. Far from it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #196: Jun 12, 2010 10:41:04 pm
      Cmon.  I know the England fans wont admit it, but the US team is a good squad. 

They're not that good. ;)

I jest, of course. They're much improved, and getting better as they go along.

You's won't win the World Cup this time. Probably not next either. But you're improving, and it may happen eventually. You need to get the game more popular in your country first though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #197: Jun 12, 2010 10:43:03 pm
      USA played solid, and probably the best game they could possibly muster against England. However England drastically underperformed and it ended 1-1, to a very big goalkeeping blunder as well.

I think the main thing you can take from it is USA is the kind of good, solid side that will frustrate any decent team around the world - but at the end of the day, they will never get much further as the better, more organized sides than England will still find a way past.

remad
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 361 posts | 30 
      Reply #198: Jun 12, 2010 10:43:46 pm
      Second Half Highlights : England 1-1 USA
      Click Here for Video
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #199: Jun 12, 2010 10:44:01 pm
      This England team really have many problems. Anything further than last 16 would be an achievement.
      A misfiring striker, disfunctional wing and ineffective midfield that offer zero support to the main striker, a slow central defender and an error-prone goalkeeper.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #200: Jun 12, 2010 10:44:27 pm
      Typical England performance and Greens clanger summed it up, he took three Keepers with him to the WC the first James is always dropping clangers the second Green sometimes drops clangers and the third Hart, I have never seen drop a clanger, forget age who would you pick?.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      Reply #201: Jun 12, 2010 10:50:03 pm
      Sorry Shame, no way, if it was New Zealand fair enough. USA are no patsys.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #202: Jun 12, 2010 10:57:03 pm
      Capello needs to make changes or he'll be home earlier than he wants, although Heskey had a good match he hardley gave Rooney a pass so for me if Barry is fit I'd play him ain gerrards spot put Gerrard with Rooney as the two of them both play well of each other and both can score goals which is what being a forward is about, play Lennon in the hole bring Milner back and Write Philips put back on the bench he is never an international player. So his next team should be Hart. Johnson. King. Terry. Cole. Barry. Milner. Gerrard. Lennon. Rooney. much better balanced with more mobility.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #203: Jun 12, 2010 11:04:30 pm
      Simon will be the referee for this game :lmao:

I antecipate some bad mistake.

In the end, I think he had a good game. I'm surprisded. I wouldnt have shown Gerrard the yellow card though
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #204: Jun 12, 2010 11:07:41 pm
      Get off it mate. I'm a yank as well, and we played far from "great football."

We were organized in the back, and we picked a couple good spots going forward but other then that we offered the game nothing. It was impressive from DeMerit, Dolo and Boca but Donovan was coming inside far too much and Dempsey didn't get on the ball at all.

Bradley needs to play Altidore alone, put Dempsey behind him and bring Holden (natural width) into the game if we want to look better going forward.

I thought we (the USA) played a solid game, but we didn't play great football. Far from it.
      They did play well enough but they were hanging on towards the end, any organised tactically aware side would take them apart England tonight were not that side their weaknesses were there for all to see.
      The card for Gerrard was outrageous that referee was a fool.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #205: Jun 12, 2010 11:09:56 pm
      Joe Hart should of started, I told everyone who spoke to me this.

There was no need to put Green in, i would of prefered James.

The Liverpool boys did work today, Johnson + Gerrard. Rooney had a terrible game, he is a striker and needs to play up front.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #206: Jun 12, 2010 11:19:19 pm
      Thought the liverpool lads were great today well in on the goal Stevie g.Pretty pissed of we didnt win thought we deserved it.

Quick Reply