Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

Daniel Opare (Real Madrid)

Read 1295 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Daniel Opare (Real Madrid)
      Jun 01, 2010 06:36:45 pm
      Liverpool and West Ham are competing with a host of clubs from across Europe for Real Madrid starlet Daniel Opare, skysports.com understands.

Opare is regarded as one of Africa's brightest talents and was spotted by Real early on as he moved to the Spanish capital in 2007.

The Ghana youngster was tipped to make the breakthrough from their Castilla side last term, but injury hampered his progress.

Now fully fit, the versatile full-back, who can also play anywhere in midfield, is now set to be allowed to move on loan next season.

This has alerted a string of clubs from across Europe, with England very much a potential destination with both Liverpool and West Ham understood to be keen on taking him.

Options
      Also keen to snap him up are the likes of Lyon, PSV Eindhoven, Club Brugge, Buraspor and Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg.

The player's representative Chris Nathaniel confirmed to skysports.com that interest in Opare was significant.

"Daniel is fully fit again now and is ready to play next season," he told skysports.com.

"Of course his injury means he will not be considered for Real's first-team but he hopes a spell on loan somewhere could help him come to the attention of Jose Mourinho.

"With that in mind, Daniel is now considering his options carefully as he has a number of options and he is already looking forward to pre-season training - wherever that may be."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6183423,00.html

Don't know anything about this guy but his name seems familiar. Not fussed on loan signings so i am not sure what i think of this. Maybe this is the kind of signing we should expect though.....a loan.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Daniel Opare (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jun 01, 2010 06:43:26 pm
      F**k me if we are now taking young players on loan to make them better players so they can go back to there clubs and compete for a regular place is that what Liverpool have become.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Jun 01, 2010 06:53:09 pm
      Season long loan would be a cheap stop gap for a year until Robinson can develop further and would provide competition for Insua. Although he true it is a clear indication that we havent a penny
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jun 01, 2010 06:56:43 pm
      F**k me if we are now taking young players on loan to make them better players so they can go back to there clubs and compete for a regular place is that what Liverpool have become.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2010 04:31:52 am
      Remember him in the under 19 wc tourney in egypt for Ghana. Was massively impressed by him and Adiah. He's a rwb, but very versatile. Just 18.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Jun 02, 2010 09:43:02 am
      Right back? Hope he can play on the left too
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jun 02, 2010 11:31:41 am
      Think he's regarded as one of the world's best prospects. Whether he's better than older players is another question.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: Jun 02, 2010 12:00:21 pm
      As said before, i sesent the fact that we are having to develop other clubs players. A sign of the times :'(.

Quick Reply