Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield

Read 54450 times
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Re: BREAKING: Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield
      Reply #621: Jun 03, 2010 01:29:40 pm
      More inside gossip...Dalglish will be implemented as the manager with Rush as the assistant until the sale of the club goes through. Still cant verify though, any other thought from anyone ?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #622: Jun 03, 2010 01:30:35 pm
      More inside gossip...Dalglish will be implemented as the manager with Rush as the assistant until the sale of the club goes through. Still cant verify though, any other thought from anyone ?

Not getting at you mate but who is your source?
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #623: Jun 03, 2010 01:32:29 pm
      Agree is we get a intrem manager in King Kenny no chane of new faces at anfield can see at least 6 players leave and bringing the youth we need to get a Big name in get right into pre season and get a few million to spend .

Why would we want Dalglish back in charge after last time? We need someone with balls of steel like Rafa, not someone who is prepared to walk out under pressure.
      All of last seasons failings can be put down to financial constraints so the only way in which a change of manager will benefit us is if the new guy has a proven track record of improving teams with little money to spend. Sadly, that would mean taking a gamble on a lower league manager which I don't see happening.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #624: Jun 03, 2010 01:33:33 pm
      Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano are gone if Rafa leaves.

Bullshit, but if true...good! We want players who are committed to the club, not a particular manager!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,142 posts | 3383 
      Reply #625: Jun 03, 2010 01:33:50 pm
      This has been on the cards for some time now. Rafa's been at breaking point for so long because of the disgraceful boardroom members we have. And now it looks like they will finally get the yes man they want.

Can't see any big name coming in, who'd want to work under those two? But, no matter who comes in we have to back. We've got a brand new season starting in just under two months so the new appointment has to be done swiftly. We can't have this sort of thing hanging over us for too long, not with the UEFA Cup qualifiers coming up in July.

It may be the news some wanted, some may never of wanted it. But it looks almost certain that he's gone, so we can't dwell on it. The club won't cease because Rafa has left. It may not be easy for us in the next few years, but we'll still be the greatest club in world football.

Ta for the memories Rafa. Your loyalty and love for the club has never been in question. And we know, given the right circumstances, you'd still be our manager for as long as you wanted. But, it looks like your time is up now, due to a horrendous season and even worse owners so good luck with your next job. And hopefully you can return to Anfield with your new club and receive a welcoming applause from the fans.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #626: Jun 03, 2010 01:33:56 pm
      Not getting at you mate but who is your source?

No worries mate, I hate post gossip but I can verify this is a good source that I trust but you just do not know do you? Hence posting and looking for further reinforcement. The source works for the club so I cant tell you, I am sure you understand.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #627: Jun 03, 2010 01:35:13 pm
      We really need to up the anti now with protests, boycotts the lot.  People are still going into the club shops spending the money and lining the cu*ts pockets.  These 2 cu*ts are laughing at us everyday.  Time is now to stop this, a picket line outside the club shop with leaflets getting handed out telling people what is going on.  Pre season friendlies, dont buy the tickets.  The owners have shown that they dont care about us the team or Rafa.  Lets do somethnig about it.

So you think that the fans putting less money into the club is going to help our dire financial position do you? Interesting theory! :-)
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #628: Jun 03, 2010 01:37:09 pm
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #629: Jun 03, 2010 01:38:08 pm
      Ballague speaking now
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #630: Jun 03, 2010 01:39:46 pm

So you think that the fans putting less money into the club is going to help our dire financial position do you? Interesting theory! :-)

The money isn't going into the club - it's going into the yanks pocket, that's why we are in a dire financial position.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #631: Jun 03, 2010 01:40:51 pm
      First thing Ballague said, was that it wasn't a huge shock to the players he's talked to. :(

That sums it up to me :'(

Thanks for everything Rafa.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #632: Jun 03, 2010 01:41:30 pm

he isnt getting at that, i think the point is, our money is going in those morons pockets, if it was to be used for squad reinvestment or whatever fine, but its going in the fat greedy pricks pockets.

i think its a good idea, if we show we wont tolerate this bullshit anymore rather than lining their pockets, they may piss off sooner
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #633: Jun 03, 2010 01:42:05 pm
      First thing Ballague said, was that it wasn't a huge shock to the players he's talked to. :(

I missed it. Did he actually say what they had said?
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #634: Jun 03, 2010 01:42:41 pm

who has he spoken with?
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #635: Jun 03, 2010 01:43:37 pm
      Yes, but not all the money goes to the yanks. Sadly, the more money we give to the club the more the yanks get but giving the club (and therefore the yanks..) less money will NOT help one little bit.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #636: Jun 03, 2010 01:43:45 pm

Me either, I think the fact that (what laurel and hardy view as) a troublesome manager leaving and allowing them to get rid of all saleable assets is a more likely reason for any of the big stars to be sold but I dont think Gerrard will be that bothered about Benitez as a person. More about the impact it will have with the owners having control of the transfers and bleeding the lot dry. I don't think Gerrard would leave on the principle that Rafa has gone.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #638: Jun 03, 2010 01:44:40 pm
      Balague just said Barca could well be weighing up buying Torres should they sell Ibrahimovic.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #639: Jun 03, 2010 01:45:46 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6188713,00.html
      Sky Sports sources understand Rafa Benitez is to leave Liverpool in the next 48 hours as the two parties continue to negotiate a severance package.

Sky Sports has learnt that Benitez will likely confirm his exit within the next 48 hours, although his agent is refusing to comment on the speculation.

dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #640: Jun 03, 2010 01:46:25 pm
      Yes, but not all the money goes to the yanks. Sadly, the more money we give to the club the more the yanks get but giving the club (and therefore the yanks..) less money will NOT help one little bit.

All the money goes to the Yanks and you are deluded thinking otherwise
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #641: Jun 03, 2010 01:47:01 pm
      Me either, I think the fact that (what laurel and hardy view as) a troublesome manager leaving and allowing them to get rid of all saleable assets is a more likely reason for any of the big stars to be sold but I dont think Gerrard will be that bothered about Benitez as a person. More about the impact it will have with the owners having control of the transfers and bleeding the lot dry. I don't think Gerrard would leave on the principle that Rafa has gone.

A mate of mine made a good point. At the end of the day, all the players are under contract. You also have to look at the Chelsea example. People thought that when Mourinho left, Paulo Ferreria, Carvalho, Drogba, Ballack etc would leave but they stayed on. I think what will change is the backroom staff and that is going to be a terrible disruption for the players.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #642: Jun 03, 2010 01:47:45 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6188713,00.html
      Sky Sports sources understand Rafa Benitez is to leave Liverpool in the next 48 hours as the two parties continue to negotiate a severance package.

Sky Sports has learnt that Benitez will likely confirm his exit within the next 48 hours, although his agent is refusing to comment on the speculation.

As expected, plenty of anti-Rafa fans on there adding comments.

48 hours. For F**k's sake. Like I said last night - if it's happening then let's F***ing have it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #643: Jun 03, 2010 01:48:20 pm
      A mate of mine made a good point. At the end of the day, all the players are under contract. You also have to look at the Chelsea example. People thought that when Mourinho left, Paulo Ferreria, Carvalho, Drogba, Ballack etc would leave but they stayed on. I think what will change is the backroom staff and that is going to be a terrible disruption for the players.

This.

Hope you're right too.

Quick Reply