Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1109307 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #7475: May 08, 2015 11:31:15 am
      This, this all day long.

He wouldn't stand a chance of returning though as long as FSG are here because he isn't a yes man.

What is F***ing ironic is the fact that FSG would give our man the bullet for exactly the same reason that Herpes & Gonorrhea sacked him, he would put LFC's interest first.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #7476: May 09, 2015 06:02:14 pm
      I was in Naples recently and got into conversation with some Napoli supporters, they don't want him to leave but in their opinion he belongs at Liverpool Football Club, because that is where he has left his heart! They said we are a mad football club if we do not offer him the job. I did try to explain that we have a manager, who has the support of the owners, but their English was limited and my Italian is even more limited!
      Pictures everywhere of Rafa, a class act who conducts himself with dignity.
      He has Liverpool in his heart, and that is why FSG won't consider him if they decide to part company with Brendan. Rafa is nobody's yes man, I dread to think where we would be had he not stood up to H&G.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #7477: May 09, 2015 06:38:25 pm
      I was in Naples recently and got into conversation with some Napoli supporters, they don't want him to leave but in their opinion he belongs at Liverpool Football Club, because that is where he has left his heart! They said we are a mad football club if we do not offer him the job. I did try to explain that we have a manager, who has the support of the owners, but their English was limited and my Italian is even more limited!
      Pictures everywhere of Rafa, a class act who conducts himself with dignity.
      He has Liverpool in his heart, and that is why FSG won't consider him if they decide to part company with Brendan. Rafa is nobody's yes man, I dread to think where we would be had he not stood up to H&G.
      That's very interesting and I have to ask, why do the Napoli fans think his heart is at Liverpool?
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #7478: May 09, 2015 07:38:31 pm
      That's very interesting and I have to ask, why do the Napoli fans think his heart is at Liverpool?

I think they just put 2 and 2 together, his family is still here he is open about the fact that he would love another chance here. They read the press and they know a lot about Rafa and his previous clubs, especially us. They are passionate fans, just like us, but they're not blinkered and accept the job he's done for them and are grateful.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #7479: May 09, 2015 07:41:48 pm
      I think they just put 2 and 2 together, his family is still here he is open about the fact that he would love another chance here. They read the press and they know a lot about Rafa and his previous clubs, especially us. They are passionate fans, just like us, but they're not blinkered and accept the job he's done for them and are grateful.

That makes sense
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #7480: May 09, 2015 07:46:22 pm

Don't his wife and kids remain in the family home on Merseyside?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #7481: May 09, 2015 07:49:49 pm
      Don't his wife and kids remain in the family home on Merseyside?
      Last I heard they do, yes
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #7482: May 09, 2015 07:57:45 pm

That's why it's said his heart is still in Liverpool.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #7483: May 09, 2015 10:55:09 pm
      Shankly & Paisley would be proud of Rafa in the way he defended this club.

Cut from the very cloth of our greats.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7484: May 10, 2015 07:32:23 pm
      Well I would love him to have another crack at Moureen with us of course , can still picture him sitting on the turf not to block the fans view a class act is our Rafa , just for putting this club above himself and standing for the cause , there are not many who would do that .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #7485: May 10, 2015 08:31:10 pm
      Well I would love him to have another crack at Moureen with us of course , can still picture him sitting on the turf not to block the fans view a class act is our Rafa , just for putting this club above himself and standing for the cause , there are not many who would do that .
      Do I fully support Rodgers? Yes.

Do I believe he needs at least until Christmas to sort us out? Yes.

Would I have Rafa back today instead of Rodgers if given the choice? Yes.

Let them pick the bones out of that if they wish to do so

It's unfair on Rodgers to be honest, because the only manager I love more than Rafa, is Bob Paisley. And I'm not too sure about that :)

Still, back to reality, I believe the current Gaffer needs one more window of backing and must get at least until Christmas to sort us out. If not

Let the Rafalution begin. Again.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7486: May 10, 2015 08:43:50 pm

It's unfair on Rodgers to be honest, because the only manager I love more than Rafa, is Bob Paisley. And I'm not too sure about that :)

Still, back to reality, I believe the current Gaffer needs one more window of backing and must get at least until Christmas to sort us out. If not

Thats the problem mate none of us wanted or want BR to fail but do we really believe he has what it takes  my belief has taken a battering something in me says he wont quite make it .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7487: May 10, 2015 09:46:02 pm
      When Rafa comes back, I hope it's under different owners. I'd hate to see people turning on him like they have Brendan, when some thing are out if his control.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #7488: May 10, 2015 09:49:21 pm
      When Rafa comes back, I hope it's under different owners. I'd hate to see people turning on him like they have Brendan, when some thing are out if his control.

Mate plenty of beauts turned against Rafa in 2010 even if they deny it now
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7489: May 10, 2015 10:16:49 pm
      I'll be honest mate, I made the mistake of thinking Rafa had taken us as far as he could, and maybe a fresh face was the right way to go. Boy was I wrong! I dint want to make the same mistake again,that's why I'm giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt, what if he was to turn it around next season, I've seen enough to warrant giving him one more season, just like  Rafa should have kept his his job until FSG arrived, who knows where we'd be now.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #7490: May 10, 2015 11:08:08 pm
      Quote from HScRed
      Makes you wonder as he never contributes in any other thread. Sad that he can't see what Rafa did here especially in light of the current incumbent.

I contribute in many threads, (indeed I have been quieter on this one in recent times) but when posters fail to see his many failings, I have no problem reminding them.

He wasn't brought here to "stand up" to rival coaches, or even be the highest placed side in Europe. He was brought here for one reason and one reason only, win the league championship. That is also what I wanted and where he repeatedly failed. With no Americans around to bother him, he has failed to win one everywhere else since. Meanwhile, we have come closer to doing so than he ever did, in a third of the time and with far inferior resources. That reality fully vindicates why the decision to remove him was the correct thing to do.

I see what he did here. I also see what he didn't. I realise he loves the club. So do I. That doesn't entitle me to coach the team alone though, and doesn't for him either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #7491: May 10, 2015 11:41:04 pm

Rafa will not be back here under FSG.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #7492: May 11, 2015 07:27:49 am

Totally agree with this, lots of people I know slagged him off and even backed the Hodgson rumours when they started! Clueless!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #7493: May 11, 2015 09:38:38 am
      Rafa will not be back here under FSG.

Doesn't need saying Si.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #7494: May 11, 2015 11:12:54 am

Some people seem to think it possible though Stuey.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7495: May 11, 2015 09:15:58 pm
      I'll be honest mate, I made the mistake of thinking Rafa had taken us as far as he could, and maybe a fresh face was the right way to go. Boy was I wrong! I dint want to make the same mistake again,that's why I'm giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt, what if he was to turn it around next season, I've seen enough to warrant giving him one more season, just like  Rafa should have kept his his job until FSG arrived, who knows where we'd be now.

to be honest i felt the same way, hindsight is a wonderful thing, to be honest he won't come back and i have a lot of respect for him but i don't want him to come back, I'll get slaughtered but that's the way i feel.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #7496: May 15, 2015 07:07:25 am
      Rafa let down by his strikers, shame he won't leave Napoli with the Europa League trophy.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #7497: May 15, 2015 10:42:47 am
      Rafa let down by his strikers, shame he won't leave Napoli with the Europa League trophy.

From what i've heard from some italian fellows on the net, he's not held in high regard in Italy after his spells at Inter and Napoli. Both were competing for titles before he arrived, and both underachieved with him at the helm. Napoli even didn't get in the UCL 2 years in a row now, before Rafa they were fighting for the title, while also playing entertaining football.

I think Rafa, with all the respect i have for him, is past his best at club level and should look to a National team to manage.

Quick Reply