Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

QF: Netherlands 2-1 Brazil, 2nd July 15:00 - ITV1

Read 4945 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: QF: Netherlands 2-1 Brazil, 2nd July 15:00 - ITV1
      Reply #69: Jul 03, 2010 04:36:17 am
      The first half was Brazil's alright. Great goal by Robinho. Somehow Felipe Melo turned to zero with an own goal and a sending off after a great ball for the goal.

Netherlands probably didn't create many chances to show their superiority but they definitely looked more like they were going for the win, especially after the equaliser.

Sorry about the knocking out, Diego. Never nice to see your nation get knocked out and well done, Dexter. I wouldn't want to say I'm jumping to conclusion, but I have a feeling that Netherlands will go all the way to the final.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #70: Jul 03, 2010 06:13:47 am
      No? Not when Bastos slid in, completely missed him then they ask for his second yellow? No, not when he goes down on the corner flag when no one touched him?

I can remember numerous times he went down without ever being touched, and then continued to roll around like a c**t.

That's Robbens game. He's good at it, but I don't respect it.
      Love him or hate him, the guy is class. :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #71: Jul 03, 2010 10:41:46 am
      I've partied with complete strangers tonight, and I loved it! :laugh: My country went aboslutely crazy tonight! This really will be remembered as an amaing night for my country, on to Uruguay tuesday!

Good lad Dexter.......   

'mon the Orangemen. ;D

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #72: Jul 03, 2010 12:02:04 pm
      Woke up cheering, even with my massive hangover :laugh:
      Still can't believe it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Jul 03, 2010 03:17:54 pm
      :(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #74: Jul 03, 2010 03:20:05 pm
      Well done Dexter kecks!

Bad luck Diego.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #75: Jul 05, 2010 08:41:31 pm
      Oh hey Diego...
      Awkward silence.

If its any consolation I had money on Brazil to win the World Cup.
      Awkward silence.

So Dexter what's the deal with Kuyt playing on the left
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #76: Jul 05, 2010 09:06:24 pm
      So Dexter what's the deal with Kuyt playing on the left
      Well, Robben plays on the right because that's where he played this season at Bayern, his form is too good there to put him on the left. Van Marwijk is a big fan of Kuyt, and to be fair, he's done great on the left in the past 2 games. If Elia would play on the left and Robben on the right we'd no doubt play more creative attacking football, however, we'd also be weakened defensively. Van Bronckhorst has looked much better too since Kuyt is played in front of him. Van Bronckhorst is retiring after this World Cup, he isn't on the top of his game anymore, let's face it.

Kuyt adds something in the dutch team that we lack, physical strenght, workrate, endurance. We already have enough creativity, at least that's certainly what Van Marwijk thinks. When not in possession Kuyt always helps to defend, tracking back as far as he has to. But when in possession and in a counter he'll be one of the first on the opposition's half too, even if that means he'll have to take a long sprint to the other side of the field, and then back again too if needed, and he never stops doing that. He might not be very productive as an attacker, but he always poses danger, pulling defenders away, creating space for others, and he's always there for the rebound. I might not always agree with Van Marwijk's decisions, but I do understand them in this case.
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010 09:12:18 pm by Dexter »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: Jul 06, 2010 12:14:28 am
      Well, Robben plays on the right because that's where he played this season at Bayern, his form is too good there to put him on the left. Van Marwijk is a big fan of Kuyt, and to be fair, he's done great on the left in the past 2 games. If Elia would play on the left and Robben on the right we'd no doubt play more creative attacking football, however, we'd also be weakened defensively. Van Bronckhorst has looked much better too since Kuyt is played in front of him. Van Bronckhorst is retiring after this World Cup, he isn't on the top of his game anymore, let's face it.

Kuyt adds something in the dutch team that we lack, physical strenght, workrate, endurance. We already have enough creativity, at least that's certainly what Van Marwijk thinks. When not in possession Kuyt always helps to defend, tracking back as far as he has to. But when in possession and in a counter he'll be one of the first on the opposition's half too, even if that means he'll have to take a long sprint to the other side of the field, and then back again too if needed, and he never stops doing that. He might not be very productive as an attacker, but he always poses danger, pulling defenders away, creating space for others, and he's always there for the rebound. I might not always agree with Van Marwijk's decisions, but I do understand them in this case.

Thanks for clearing that up. Had a feeling it was because Robben was on the right, but didnt know enough about the squad to instantly have him infront of Elia on the left. Once again the Oracle has spoken

Quick Reply