Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps

Read 6737 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps
      Reply #46: Jun 26, 2010 11:41:55 pm
      The purchase price for Torres Mach Aqual and Johnson was roughly 80 million give or take

Educate yourself mate look at this thread.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=25582.0

Add to the 09/10 the sales of Voronin and Dossena. around 7 million transfer profit we made this season.

Rafa average yearly net spend around 12 million.

thats around 6 million per transfer window average.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Jun 26, 2010 11:42:43 pm
      How the hell have Fulham outspent us do you actually follow the club or just the first team, try looking at the vast amount of kids we have purchased as well.

Mate believe me I have looked at in depth... I even crated two threads on it.

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #48: Jun 26, 2010 11:44:09 pm

No but logic states if you discussing the new manager of the club he is going to be compared to past managers including rafa its a no brainer. Maybe the fact it decends into an argument maybe due to the managers faults rather than the posters and i am referring to Houllier and Rafa and souness as the rest of the managers are without criticism and i include uncle Roy in that. The three horseman of the Apocalypse as i refer to them deserve all the criticism they get.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Jun 26, 2010 11:48:14 pm
      No but logic states if you discussing the new manager of the club he is going to be compared to past managers including rafa its a no brainer. Maybe the fact it decends into an argument maybe due to the managers faults rather than the posters and I am referring to Houllier and Rafa and souness as the rest of the managers are without criticism and I include uncle Roy in that. The three horseman of the Apocalypse as I refer to them deserve all the criticism they get.

You refer to Souness Houllier and Rafa as that? Maybe others deserve that, though i think that would be harsh for houllier  - but Rafa?! Shows your utter ignorance.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #50: Jun 27, 2010 12:01:42 am
      You refer to Souness Houllier and Rafa as that? Maybe others deserve that, though I think that would be harsh for houllier  - but Rafa?! Shows your utter ignorance.

Listen I have tried to discuss football with you, however if you want to trade insults can do that as well, so here goes you strike me as as a snot nosed kid who couldnt remember any european homecomings or being in a pub when Thommo came in with the trophy get some dust under your season ticket badeg and come back when you fit to argue.

Dont like to get personal but when you use the word ignorance to a lifelong and quite a long life fan you deserve it.

Waits with baited breath for the kids attempt at humour with F***ing stupid pictures showing what a computer geek he is showing the closest he had been to the kop is getting a good streaming video on the net F***ing pisses me right off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Jun 27, 2010 12:02:50 am
      Listen I have tried to discuss football with you, however if you want to trade insults can do that as well, so here goes you strike me as as a snot nosed kid who couldnt remember any european homecomings or being in a pub when Thommo came in with the trophy get some dust under your season ticket badeg and come back when you fit to argue.

Dont like to get personal but when you use the word ignorance to a lifelong and quite a long life fan you deserve it.

Waits with baited breath for the kids attempt at humour with f**king stupid pictures showing what a computer geek he is showing the closest he had been to the kop is getting a good streaming video on the net f**king pisses me right off.

How about stop the arguing altogether and just stay on topic????
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Jun 27, 2010 12:12:45 am

Waits with baited breath for the kids attempt at humour with f**king stupid pictures showing what a computer geek he is showing the closest he had been to the kop is getting a good streaming video on the net f**king pisses me right off.

Calling Rafa one of the horseman of the apocolypse is ignorant. I'll say it again. IGNORANT. He built us up back into a powerhouse before he had the rug ripped out from under him.

If you think it's that personal, then well boo hoo to you. It's fact. You can't honestly call Rafa that and think you are the one thinking straight.

As for the rest? :roll: I am an overseas supporter, but as one of many overseas supporters on here im damn well sure they will join me in saying that someone who speaks like that, is F***ing sad. I said you were ignorant for saying Rafa is a horseman of the apocolapyse. Not that personal, simply stating that it is quite ignorant to think he was that bad. I stand by it.

But you decided to insult my position as a supporter, and as a person by calling me a geek. Whatever. I quite happily admit i enjoy computers, computer games etc, but that doesn't make me a geek. Hell, maybe i have geek-ish qualities. But is that bad? I enjoy computers, so F***ing what. I doubt there's many people that don't enjoy a good video game or a humorous picture.

Things i also enjoy are drinking, hanging with mates, going to games, going clubbing, beach, music etc etc. Also, my beautiful girlfriend.

Oh, and here's a photo showing how F***ing close ive been to the Kop mate.

Don't think that being a game-goer makes you any better. There's a lot more to being a red than that, IMO.

Now for god knows how many times i have said this to you today, :ontopic:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3376 
      Reply #53: Jun 27, 2010 12:21:06 am
      Nice to see Dechamps' thread causing as much debate as the arl Rafa one. He'd fit in quite well as our manager judging solely on a few days of us being linked with him.

"The Great Big Didier Debate" here we come.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #54: Jun 27, 2010 12:48:53 am
      Any reference to previous managers as men of the Apocolypse,needs binning straight away.If you seriously believe that,then you need to seek help,To attack a poster who argues against your'e point is valid,as long as it is reasoned.So Gazza 31 I am not a snot nosed Kid,been here since 1965,so argue with me.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #55: Jun 27, 2010 12:58:15 am
      Nice to see Dechamps' thread causing as much debate as the arl Rafa one. He'd fit in quite well as our manager judging solely on a few days of us being linked with him.

I'll choose my words carefully,F**k off.I want a manager not a puppet.The fight goes on.I know we have to discuss all this sh*te propeganda,but for fucks sake,I am getting pissed off with all the manoeverings that is going on.The owners believe,that they can manipulate this club,to their "endgame".We now have to stand up.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3376 
      Reply #56: Jun 27, 2010 01:01:26 am
      I'll choose my words carefully,F**k off.I want a manager not a puppet.The fight goes on.I know we have to discuss all this sh*te propeganda,but for fucks sake,I am getting pissed off with all the manoeverings that is going on.The owners believe,that they can manipulate this club,to their "endgame".We now have to stand up.

Well you're not gonna get what you want, nor are the rest of us by the looks of things mate. We're gonna end up with somebody who's contract includes a clause of cannot say a bad word against the owners.

And there's only so many willing to fight.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #57: Jun 27, 2010 01:01:42 am

How can I put this politely,oh yes f*ck off.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #58: Jun 27, 2010 01:11:38 am
      Well you're not gonna get what you want, nor are the rest of us by the looks of things mate. We're gonna end up with somebody who's contract includes a clause of cannot say a bad word against the owners.

And there's only so many willing to fight.
      The same was said in 1974 and the 1980's,but we stood together,and beat the F**k out of the establishment.Yet again we will not win,but we will fight.It's our way.I don't care how many bodies turn up,that doesn't matter Billy,we fight because we are Scouse
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3376 
      Reply #59: Jun 27, 2010 01:36:56 am
      The same was said in 1974 and the 1980's,but we stood together,and beat the F**k out of the establishment.Yet again we will not win,but we will fight.It's our way.I don't care how many bodies turn up,that doesn't matter Billy,we fight because we are Scouse

Some will fight, some will hide away until it's over. The collective "we" won't be fighting though because not every fan of our club feels the way that you and I do Roy. Some of our fans are happy to just continue to do nothing but talk about it. Others aren't even aware there's a fight going on.

In past years it was different because people, society and life generally was different especially in our city. People were used to fighting, not in the violent sense of the word. They were used to adversity, depression and the only way to get things was to take it or fight for it. Now, in 2010, people are too used to having things handed to them on a plate - even in Liverpool. Compared to other people, we still struggle but generally it's all there and done for us. Fighting the good fight is not something that is embedded into Scousers anymore. Hopefully though, we will have enough like minded people there with us prepared to fly our flag an fight our cause.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Jun 27, 2010 03:26:09 am
      How the hell have Fulham outspent us do you actually follow the club or just the first team, try looking at the vast amount of kids we have purchased as well.

'We have purchased' Hmm I smell a rat
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Jun 27, 2010 03:52:10 am
      'We have purchased' Hmm I smell a rat

Haha, yeah. Good point.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #62: Jun 27, 2010 09:30:24 am
      jesus h christ :'(

gone are the days when we had the most knowledable supporters in the world :mad: :mad:

One of our fans didn't know something that has absolutely sod all to do with Liverpool Football Club?!

I think I might just go and buy an Everton shirt right now and disassociate myself with these uneducated fools. :roll: :f_tongueincheek:

Grow up mate.

On topic, it's disheartening me to think that new people are being approached at this point. It really is a poisoned chalice of a position.

May I suggest "The Not So Diddy Didier Debate?"
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #63: Jun 27, 2010 10:53:38 am
      Lock?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6232344,00.html

Liverpool's interest in Didier Deschamps appears to have been completely quashed after the Marseille manager announced that he was happy at the Stade Velodrome.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson had looked most likely to take over before Marseille's title-winning coach Deschamps emerged as a strong contender.

However, the World Cup-winning Frenchman has now rejected any chance of joining Liverpool, revealing he is "in discussions" about a contract extension with Marseille.

He explained: "I am happy at Marseille. I am not there for just one year. A coach must be there for the long haul, and that is my wish."

The French club's president has also dismissed the chances of Deschamps, who also led Monaco to the 2004 UEFA Champions League final, taking over at Anfield.

It was reported in L'Equipe that Liverpool chief-executive Christian Purslow contacted Marseille and asked to speak to Deschamps, a request which was turned down by Jean-Claude Dassier.

Dassier claimed: "He asked me if I allowed him to meet Didier and Jean-Pierre Bernes (Deschamps' agent).

"I replied that I did not allow any meeting to take place. I have also indicated that there is no way we'll let go of our coach."
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #64: Jun 27, 2010 11:07:19 am
      ^ Guess that's the end of that then!!!!
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #65: Jun 27, 2010 11:07:51 am
      Well, at least we got a day out of it - next...
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #66: Jun 27, 2010 11:15:56 am
      Should we turn this thread into a Lucas debate now?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #67: Jun 27, 2010 11:17:07 am
      Should we turn this thread into a Lucas debate now?
      What do you mean turn? Every thread is a Lucas thread. ;)
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #68: Jun 27, 2010 11:47:44 am
      Jaysus Res you must have heard of him he was captain of the French 98 world cup winning team, Cantona called him the hod carrier.

In relation to this have to say I'm a bit shocked I thought Hodgson was a shoe in for the job and I'm also disturbed why is Purslow only approaching lads over 3 weeks after Rafa is gone.

They should already have had a man in place, this is becoming a debacle. Very Embarrasing for the club and shows me purslow was so intent on getting rid of Rafa he didn't give a sh*t who came in.

Is there an end in sight or is this clown Purslow going to drag it out all over the Summer.

Its a debacle because noone wants the job while those two fcuking idiots are in charge of the club. Deschamps has already stated that he wouldnt take on the job while they are in charge and has turned down purslow. Hodgson I think has also had 2nd thoughts because of the political situation withon the club this is why he hasnt taken the job. The board cannot promise any money for transfers which is what  new manager would want to do straight away. Any pro manager of any calibre will not want this job its that simple and this is why the whole thing is being dragged out. Until new owners are in place (which doesnt seem likely at the moment) I think we are gonna struggle to find a manager of any calibre.

Quick Reply