Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Roy Hodgson - Former LFC Manager

Read 144996 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Roy Hodgson - New Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #460: Jul 01, 2010 11:33:53 am
      Thanks JD, Semple and Dodgy.

Probably just go the pub round the corner i suppose ;)
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #461: Jul 01, 2010 11:34:15 am
      Welcome Roy. Brave man for taking up the job and i hope he does well.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #462: Jul 01, 2010 11:36:58 am
      Stevie Approves - lfc.tv
      Steven Gerrard today backed the appointment of Roy Hodgson by declaring: "He's the right man for LFC."

Hodgson was this morning announced as the successor to Rafael Benitez after a four-week search by the club.

The former Fulham boss agreed a three-year deal and is now charged with getting Liverpool back among the Champions League elite.

Club captain Gerrard is confident Hodgson will prove a successful acquisition.

"The club have made a good appointment in Roy Hodgson," the 30-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Rafa left a few weeks ago and I know the club were determined to take their time and get the right man for the job.

"Roy is hugely experienced and I believe he is the right man for Liverpool.

"I think it's been worth the wait and I'm sure he's just keen now to get on with it and start to quickly put in place his plans for the new season."
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #463: Jul 01, 2010 11:39:04 am
      carra approves - lfc.tv

Jamie Carragher is relishing the prospect of working under Roy Hodgson.

The former Fulham boss was today announced as the 18th Liverpool manager after agreeing a three-year deal.

He will become the fourth coach to preside over the Anfield hotseat during Carragher's playing career following Roy Evans, Gerard Houllier and Rafael Benitez.

Even at 32, the vice-captain is always eager to learn and improve - and he cannot wait to team up with a manager whose CV boasts success in both domestic and international football.

Carragher told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of working with Roy Hodgson as he's got such a great reputation in the game and is one of the most experienced managers in world football.

"After this period of uncertainty, his appointment has given us all a lift."
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #464: Jul 01, 2010 11:41:53 am
      Isn't that pretty much the first time they've spoken since the departure of Rafa?

Anyway, it's good to see that they both approve, though I very much doubt they'd say if they didn't!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #465: Jul 01, 2010 11:43:16 am
      As i was just saying the the Player Threads, i wonder whether that is a PR exercise on behalf of those within the club?
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #466: Jul 01, 2010 12:18:49 pm
      From my experience that's a PR exercise the wording etc, well constructed, my worry is Carra says "I'm" looking forward to working with him, Gerra....not a peep.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #467: Jul 01, 2010 12:21:31 pm
      Wish I was excited  hmmmmm.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #468: Jul 01, 2010 12:21:40 pm
      As I was just saying the the Player Threads, I wonder whether that is a PR exercise on behalf of those within the club?

Very possibly. Relatively quiet. Then new sponsors are officially unveiled and today it's all happening.

Would like to hear the journo's at the press conference today ask Roy some questions regarding the promises the owners have made him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #469: Jul 01, 2010 12:24:57 pm

Me too.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #470: Jul 01, 2010 12:25:12 pm
      The more ive thought about this appointment i am slightly excited

No doubt all my hopes will be soon shot down though when realism sets in
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #471: Jul 01, 2010 12:25:34 pm
      There's only one Roy Hodgson
      One Roy Hodgson
      Walking along
      Singing a song
      Walking in a Hodgson
      L'pool land.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #472: Jul 01, 2010 12:27:02 pm

You sound like my mrs during sex
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #473: Jul 01, 2010 12:28:16 pm
      Very possibly. Relatively quiet. Then new sponsors are officially unveiled and today it's all happening.

Would like to hear the journo's at the press conference today ask Roy some questions regarding the promises the owners have made him.
      It will be interesting.  Rafa's appointment was pretty much a free for all open press conference.

Be interesting to see how many questions are allowed to be asked, and who is allowed to ask them. 

Watching that Purslow is going to be particularly unpleasant viewing.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #474: Jul 01, 2010 12:32:11 pm
       Welcome Roy. I'm slightly heartened that one or two are giving it the old "you weren't my first choice but....", but I suspect you are going to need a reasonable start in order to carry the full support of the fans. Equally, as one or two players are sold on deals which were negotiated long before your arrival (Benayoun and possibly Masherano/Gerrard), you'll get the blame mate I'm afraid. It won't be because these players have a wife who doesn't want to live in England, it won't be because these players want to play for a big spending glory chasing club, and it won 't be because the players want Champions League football, it'll be because of you mate. It'll be because of you, and the FACT that the players don't want to work with you/because you're a mid table manager. If you sign anyone for less than 15 million quid, particularly anyone who who's surname doesn't end in a vowel, it'll be because you are allowing the board to dictate to you and you've got no backbone. People will constantly speculate that you are about to buy Bobby Zamorra, or Zoltan Gera, for 30 million quid each. If we lose to either Arsenal at Home, or Man City away in ther first two games of the season, it will unfortunately confirm your appointment as an absolute joke.

How times have changed. When your predessor breezed into Anfield, he had an idea that mass rotation was the way to go. He finished fifth in the table in that first season, behind Everton. You won't get away with that I shouldn't think, finish behind the bitters and you won't get five more seasons I can pretty much guarantee that. Don't pay any attention to the fact that Gerrard, Carragher, Aldridge, Danny Murphy etc etc think your appointment is positive either. They are clueless.

I suppose you know all this already, and yet you still came. You still left a job for life, and decided to put your reputation on the line. You came despite the sniggers, the laughter at the way you speak, the mocking voices who dismiss your successes around the world. You came with hope in your heart, and you'll do for me fella. You will never walk alone, you may not have the masses alongside you but many will remain for the duration. I've got hope in my heart too, and I'm backing you to do an excellent job.

Welcome Roy, make us proud.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #475: Jul 01, 2010 12:33:32 pm
      Just been on .tv, and it's got 'A New Era starts Today' over the new sponsors on the right hand side.

Makes me sick that the Yanks are quite possibly in it for the long haul and they're using today as a symbol of all that. New sponsor, new manager, new era.

Best of luck to Woy, but the quicker the owners are gone, the better. That'll be a new era, the cheeky cu*ts.

Not a Penny More.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #476: Jul 01, 2010 12:34:44 pm
      Sorry guys but what time is the press conference on at??
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #477: Jul 01, 2010 12:34:51 pm
      Thats just wrong<----

So its official- im not over the moon, and will withhold my judgement until he actually does something positive.

On the bright side- we have a manager before the beginning of the season- and its not Sven!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #478: Jul 01, 2010 12:37:50 pm
      Looks like it could be another manager split between the fans. Some shocking comments on SSN, they even read out a email from a 13 yr old boy giving it socks about how bad an appointment it is. That Sky lot are Muppet's.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #479: Jul 01, 2010 12:38:08 pm
      Sorry guys but what time is the press conference on at??

12:45
      LFCexiled
      Reply #480: Jul 01, 2010 12:47:40 pm
      Is 12:45 confirmed as its doin my head in listenin to the jelly heads emailin SSN and i'd rather just switch over when its on.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #481: Jul 01, 2010 12:47:42 pm
      Cheers kyle!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #482: Jul 01, 2010 12:48:48 pm
      There's only one Roy Hodgson
      One Roy Hodgson
      Walking along
      Singing a song
      Walking in a Hodgson
      L'pool land.

Hang your head in shame for that one Billy!

Quick Reply