Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Agents they rule the game

Read 959 times
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Agents they rule the game
      Jul 05, 2010 04:41:48 pm
      Football agents seem to engineer transfers every couple of years, so get the !5% or whatever. Why doesnt the PFA sort this out by making there members honour there contracts, with all this talk over Torres, Gerrard ,Mascherano wanting to leave there all on long term deals this seems a joke as they argue over longer deals then just jump ship, when its suits them :mad:
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010 10:14:12 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Players names should have a Capital letter at the beginning ! »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Agents they rule the game
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2010 05:14:01 pm
      I'd certainly say that this is a problem across football and not just at our club so it's probably best put in the General Football board.

I'd be inclined to agree, but that is the nature of football today and I'm sure if we were in a better financial state we'd be taking advantage of unsettled players at other clubs. Such is life though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Jul 07, 2010 12:42:03 am
      I think it's worse when the agent is a relative. He may not be a Premier League player but look at Ronaldinho and all the controversy his brother was causing, one minute he was linking him with City, the next another team and so on.

I don't actually see the point in agents, at the end of the day it is the player who signs the contracts not the agent so it should be the player doing the negotiating and such like.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #3: Jul 08, 2010 01:08:23 am

I don't actually see the point in agents, at the end of the day it is the player who signs the contracts not the agent so it should be the player doing the negotiating and such like.

Agents where originally designed to help illiterate players understand wot they where signing. A lot of player poetically in south America where being ripped off. These days i think players use them as a way of getting wot they want with out having to do the dirty work. Agents, in my oppion arescape goats,clubs that don't want to be seen as willing to sell a popular player often use them as an excuse.

Quick Reply