Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Christian Poulsen (Juventus)

Read 17705 times
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Re: Christian Poulsen (Juventus)
      Reply #161: Aug 10, 2010 07:05:34 pm
      There's alot to say about all that Tim LFC. For one, what other midfielders do Denmark have that could even be called decent? With that in the back of your mind, Poulsen playing as playmaker for Denmark is more out of necessity than anything else. Many decent defensive players shine also offensively in minor leagues when they start off. From a dutch perspective,  I know Nigel de Jong started as an attacking midfielder too at Ajax for instance, switched to DM at HSV because he couldn't cut it offensively at a higher level. Poulsen made 5 goals and 5 assists in 85 games in the past 4 seasons, that's certainly once in quite a while, but it's better than Masch I'll give him that.

If it has been a while since he has been in top form, I very much doubt he'll get back to that again at his age.

See where you're coming from, lets just see how he does on the pitch first before we go and make comments but it's not something i'm overly excited about.
      vickers.lee
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #162: Aug 10, 2010 07:13:15 pm
      how can u fit Ste g/aquiline/poulsen/joe cole/masch(inter are not going to pay 30mil)and lucas
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #163: Aug 10, 2010 07:54:06 pm
      how can u fit Ste g/aquiline/poulsen/joe cole/masch(inter are not going to pay 30mil)and lucas
      simple! play the 3-6-2 formation, with 2 wingers on each side ;)

With reguards Poulsen, i'd sooner have Sissoko back any day.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #164: Aug 11, 2010 12:14:18 am

With reguards Poulsen, i'd sooner have Sissoko back any day.

No goalkeeper mate? You gone for 11 outfield players ???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #165: Aug 11, 2010 12:27:59 am
      Christian Poulsen vs. Kaka
      Look at this. What a sh*t player.
      To Roy:
      I know u want him, u know we hate him!!

The main thing that shouts out at me from this video is DIRTY F***ing b***ard!! All he does if foul or gets away with some 'studs up' challenges with his feet high. He could cost us a few games just with the amount of free kicks he gives away.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #166: Aug 11, 2010 12:28:50 am

Inter have pulled out of a deal for Mascherano now so no, they won't pay £30m.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #167: Aug 11, 2010 05:47:16 am
      Christian Poulsen vs. Kaka
      Look at this. What a sh*t player.
      To Roy:
      I know u want him, u know we hate him!!
      The video is to show how good Poulsen play to stop one of the best attacker in the world, KAKA. And I agreed that he's best on his job (in that video if Masch play instead of him I'm afraid  Masch'll might get red card as he often does for us). I just love to see our DM to play like this in UCL Final at Athens so we may win another champion.
      Please mate, the ... u now we hate him!! is a bit harsh imho, he never play a game for LFC, if our manager sign him we at least should better give him a chance.
      I'm too not very happy to see this player play for us at his age 30, but can only wait to see.

Sorry for my poor English.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #168: Aug 11, 2010 05:57:27 am
      Looks like it is happening, judging by that vid, we could have a wind up merchant on our hands, - our very own Michael Brown.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #169: Aug 11, 2010 10:49:20 am
      A Danish midfielder at Anfield, gonna have a lot to live up to.

If he's not talking scouse by the end of August, I'm gonna be majorly disappointed.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #170: Aug 11, 2010 11:35:14 am

With reguards Poulsen, I'd sooner have Sissoko back any day.

Boh posts as ridiculous as the other ;).

A Danish midfielder at Anfield, gonna have a lot to live up to.

If he's not talking scouse by the end of August, I'm gonna be majorly disappointed.

Second that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #171: Aug 11, 2010 02:06:42 pm
      Looks like the move has hit a stumbling block, we can not afford him until Mascherano is sold.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #172: Aug 11, 2010 02:08:48 pm

Huh?? 3-6-2? maybe we will win the league after all lmao
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #173: Aug 11, 2010 02:10:37 pm
      Christian Poulsen Liverpool FC move on hold until Javier Mascerano deal goes through

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/11/christian-poulsen-liverpool-fc-move-on-hold-until-javier-mascerano-deal-goes-through-92534-27038463/

CHRISTIAN POULSEN’S move to Anfield has hit a stumbling block with Liverpool unable to afford his arrival until Javier Mascherano departs.

Discussions have been ongoing with Juventus midfielder Poulsen after the player was earmarked as a replacement for the wantaway Mascherano.

The 30-year-old, who it is understood has been offered a three-year contract, was given permission to withdraw from Denmark’s squad for the game against Germany after Liverpool agreed a fee of around £6million for his services.

However, the deal can only go through once funds have been raised by the departure of Mascherano, the saga of which took another twist yesterday. Follow our Twitter LFC updates by clicking here.

The Argentine informed Liverpool last month of his desire to leave and is strongly tipped to be reunited with former Anfield manager Rafael Benitez at Inter.

However, the Serie A side are stalling over a bid for the player, who has been handed a £25million price tag by Liverpool, because they have not yet raised sufficient funds by the sale of Mario Balotelli to Manchester City.

Now an agent representing Mascherano in Spain has stated the 26-year-old wants a move to Barcelona.

The Catalans were unable to prise the player away from Anfield last year but, having missed out of Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, may now be ready to test Liverpool’s resolve once again.

While Walter Tamer is Mascherano’s primary agent, Spain-based representative Horacio Zandonadi said: “The player and all of us would love him to be at the club.

“The numbers are close to half what Barca were being asked to pay for Fabregas.

“He has not renewed his contract (at Liverpool) and they promised that this year they would help him leave.

“We're talking about a much easier situation than last year.”

Meanwhile, Steven Gerrard is confident Liverpool can banish the “horror” of last season as he looked ahead to a “new era” at the club.

The Anfield outfit suffered their worst Premier League campaign in more than a decade by finishing seventh, a failure compounded by early exits in the Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup before a semi-final exit in the Europa League.

Benitez departed Anfield shortly after the end of the season with his replacement, Roy Hodgson, facing a difficult task to raise morale around the club.

However, Hodgson has already helped persuade both Gerrard and Fernando Torres to stay at Liverpool while signing Joe Cole on a free transfer.

And skipper Gerrard is in expectant mood ahead of Sunday’s Premier League opener at home to Arsenal.

“It’s a great club and after speaking with Roy Hodgson I’m really pleased to see his plans for the club,” said the midfielder.

“It’s a new era now – we must forget about the horror of what happened last season and get this club back to where it belongs, which is the Champions League at the very least.”

Gerrard was particularly delighted with the capture of Cole and believes his England colleague can

“Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better,” said the 30-year-old.

“He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can’t even do with a football.

“I really fancy Joe for the (player of the year) award this season.”

Dani Pacheco’s rise through the ranks at Liverpool has been confirmed with the Spanish youngster swapping the number 47 shirt for the number 12 jersey. The forward takes over the number from Fabio Aurelio after the Brazilian opted for the number six shirt on his return to the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #174: Aug 11, 2010 02:14:49 pm
      Masch is in Dublin with Argentina. Ill sit him down after the game and have a word in his ear get him to stay  ;) 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #175: Aug 11, 2010 02:17:18 pm
      Been sat on the fence about Masch so far I do know that he is the best in the world at what he does.

However if he can not see the vision instilled by Hodgson in the likes of Gerrard, Cole and Torres and desperately wants to leave the club that has made him, well he can well F***ing do one then!
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #176: Aug 11, 2010 02:25:04 pm
      Jan Molby said on LFCTV that he feels that Poulsen's best days are behind him. But roy must like him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #177: Aug 11, 2010 03:55:04 pm
      Just been informed via twitter he's booked into a Liverpool Hotel.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #178: Aug 11, 2010 05:55:12 pm
      Molby is as good a judge for a Danish midfielder as they come and he is saying exactly what I've seen with my own eyes, Poulsen legs are gone he is not the same player as was at Sevilla.

He has been awful for both Juventus and Denmark the last two years and I'm keeping my fingers crossed this deal falls through.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #179: Aug 11, 2010 07:04:20 pm
      Looks like the move has hit a stumbling block, we can not afford him until Mascherano is sold.

I'd like to think we can afford a higher calibre of player when we sell Masch.  :angel:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #180: Aug 11, 2010 07:10:30 pm
      I'd like to think we can afford a higher calibre of player when we sell Masch.  :angel:

I don't know mate to be honest but in my opinion we should be taking advantage of the Banega situation before Valencia give him a new contract with new terms that fucks up his 8.5 million buy out clause. :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #181: Aug 11, 2010 07:39:32 pm
      On June 2, 2007, Poulsen played for Denmark against Sweden in a qualifying match for the 2008 European Championship tournament. With the game tied 3–3 in the 89th minute, Poulsen punched Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg in the stomach inside the Danish penalty area.[13] The linesman notified referee Herbert Fandel, who gave Poulsen the red card and awarded Sweden a penalty kick.[13] An angered Danish supporter ran onto the pitch and attempted to attack Fandel, who chose to abandon the game which was subsequently awarded a 3–0 win to Sweden.[13] Poulsen made a public apology for his actions, while saying they were a result of Rosenberg's provocations.[13] He accepted UEFA's punishment of suspension from Denmark's next three competitive games.[14]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYpYjQAU7yA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #182: Aug 11, 2010 07:44:01 pm
      Don't care whether he is decent or not or whether Agger thinks he's good or whatever but from the videos I've seen in this thread I'd be disgusted to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

Don't want dirty tw*ts like him playing here, I thought we were past that stage when we saw the back of Diouf.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #183: Aug 11, 2010 07:54:18 pm
      Give him a chance people.Maybe he is a changed person now.Didn't see him create any trouble in World Cup and Roy must know something about him that has got him interested so much in this guy.

Quick Reply