Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Old Firm coming to an end?

Read 1968 times
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Old Firm coming to an end?
      Jul 20, 2010 08:11:21 pm
      With Celtic siging a load of players and money to spend it looks like they will be Spl champions this season. Rangers selling there best Players . Thomson, Boyd, Wilson  ? Looking bad and not Re-investing ;D . Chris Eagels rejected A move to Ibrox 1.2m . Looks like Rangers are in a worse Position than us. Rangers looking like they are Dieing . Hopefully and hearts will become the new team up there .
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010 06:40:29 pm by Reslivo »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Old Firm Coming To An End ? .
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2010 06:34:21 pm
      To be honest, SPL is sh*te and being from Ireland and having to hear about the problem that the Old Firm teams causes between the two communities in the North, i couldn't give a sh*t if they are dieing on their feet. Don't get me wrong, it is never nice to see a club in problems but honestly, i hate them both.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Old Firm coming to an end?
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2010 11:57:23 am
      Rangers didn't sign a player for 2 years, and still won the league last season! Tony Mowbray really was a crap manager.
      Neil Lennon has a lot of work to do to fix that team.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2010 12:00:35 pm
      Lets hope not, although not as reliable in the last couple of seasons, they were always a nice addition to my accumulators.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2010 01:48:45 pm
      To be honest, SPL is sh*te and being from Ireland and having to hear about the problem that the Old Firm teams causes between the two communities in the North, I couldn't give a sh*t if they are dieing on their feet. Don't get me wrong, it is never nice to see a club in problems but honestly, I hate them both.

Agreed mate, from the North myself! Well said
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #5: Jul 25, 2010 03:35:20 pm
      You have lived in Linlithgow ;D where about's Mate . Agree its a load of Pish cant go into a pub for a drink after the football as some di*k Starts on you.

Having lived in Linlithgow (Near Edinburgh) for a few years, I was constanstly subjected to the bitter religous side of the Old Firm, you could not go into certain pubs after a Old Firm game.  The football was pretty basic and is proved everytime a scottish team plays an english team. 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Jul 26, 2010 02:16:21 am
      To be honest, SPL is sh*te and being from Ireland and having to hear about the problem that the Old Firm teams causes between the two communities in the North, I couldn't give a sh*t if they are dieing on their feet. Don't get me wrong, it is never nice to see a club in problems but honestly, I hate them both.
      I am with you there
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2010 02:19:07 am
      I have been to a Celtic game as a guest of a Friend boy is the some hate up there
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #8: Jul 26, 2010 04:59:28 am
      If you see their history its usually one or the other. Celtic wins a sh*t load of Cups and Rangers are sh*t. Rangers wins a load of Cups and Celtic are sh*t. Its up and down.

Regarding the sectarian issues, as a Yank I dont get it. its been a long time since either side could field a Catholic only or Protestant only team. The players now come from numerous countries and faiths...plus, is their really that much of a gap between the beliefs and tenents of a Protestant and Catholic?  Their both just offshoots of Christianity. They both believe in a Christian lord and Jesus. The church services and practices are relatively the same with minor differences. They both say the Lords Prayer but with a one sentence difference.  I just dont understand the division. Their all Scottish, they all come from the same city, shop in the same stores and restaurants, go to the same schools and both love football.

Is it really worth cutting someones face open with a knife or bottle? I dont understand. Sorry!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #9: Jul 26, 2010 06:07:58 am
      I'm not originally from Glasgow but i live there now.

The Old Firm 'rivalry' turns normal people into F***ing hate-filled lunatics, its unbelievable the change the comes out in people when you get some people started on it.

Saw Neil Lennon, Alan Thompson and Mjallby in the pub earlier today, it Lennon's new local after a few years ago Lennon got filled in by some Rangers fans for no reason. Its was in the most up-market area in Glasgow for a drink to and he got fu**ed up by somebody in the middled of the street for being an ex-Celtic player.

I barely have a preference between the teams but never admit to it in Glasgow, not worth the potential consequences if you get the answer 'wrong'
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2010 01:10:46 am
      FFS. Celtic is sh*te too. Braga thrashed them today to send them on the brink of exiting the Champions League already
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2010 01:41:41 am
      SPL?

Yawn
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2010 01:43:04 am
      Bad result for Celtic and Scottish football, The SPL is going to the pits unfortunately.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2010 11:39:49 am
      The Big 2 have always campaigned to get into the Premiership, I for one would not mind this, but I would expect them to start at the bottom and work there way up.  I would be horrorfied if they walked straight into the premiership.

But the SPL is dying and if they dont watch out the big 2 will suffer.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2010 03:19:13 pm
      Thats where i live just up beside the sports centre ;D . Yes the SPL is shi*e went to watch Hearts vs Dunfermline Pre Season spent over £30 for the day what a waste of time got beat 3,1  Not wasting my money on that. Good to see Celtic get beat last night.

My folks stay next to the Sports Centre, in fact going up there next week for a few weeks of R and R, with me 2 Staffords.

The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2010 03:30:38 pm
      Breahead ;D Just up from it Beside the High School. ;D
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #16: Jul 29, 2010 03:32:52 pm
      Yeah I use to go to School there after I moved up from Liverpool.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #17: Jul 29, 2010 03:34:55 pm
      ;D Small world . I moved to Linlithgow few years back from Edinburgh. When you heading back up this way fancey a few jars. ?
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #18: Jul 29, 2010 03:43:00 pm
      Sound let me know Nick .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19: Jul 29, 2010 07:24:24 pm
      If you see their history its usually one or the other. Celtic wins a sh*t load of Cups and Rangers are sh*t. Rangers wins a load of Cups and Celtic are sh*t. Its up and down.

Regarding the sectarian issues, as a Yank I dont get it. its been a long time since either side could field a Catholic only or Protestant only team. The players now come from numerous countries and faiths...plus, is their really that much of a gap between the beliefs and tenents of a Protestant and Catholic?  Their both just offshoots of Christianity. They both believe in a Christian lord and Jesus. The church services and practices are relatively the same with minor differences. They both say the Lords Prayer but with a one sentence difference.  I just dont understand the division. Their all Scottish, they all come from the same city, shop in the same stores and restaurants, go to the same schools and both love football.

Is it really worth cutting someones face open with a knife or bottle? I dont understand. Sorry!
      You're right the bigotry is stupid!! But it's not about religion, it's the Northern Ireland political bullshit that bigots brought over with them when they went over to work in the Glasgow shipyards!! Total idiots!! That said, there are a lot of genuine fans over there too!

Quick Reply