Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Carlton Cole (West Ham)

Read 30149 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Carlton Cole (West Ham)
      Reply #276: Dec 29, 2010 03:11:33 pm
      If he is I will protest at every time i'm watching Liverpool. F***ing disgrace if we get him. We shouldn't even be thinking of getting sh*t like him. Grrrrrr so F***ing frustrating. Watching city get Dzeko while we're looking at Cole. Roy F**k off you stupid tw*t.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #277: Dec 29, 2010 03:14:35 pm
      Trying to look at the positives ( although hard ) if I had a choice between ngog babel and Cole, would pick Cole every time to be honest.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #278: Dec 29, 2010 03:21:36 pm
      Trying to look at the positives ( although hard ) if I had a choice between ngog babel and Cole, would pick Cole every time to be honest.

I like N'gog. Works hard and has potential to become a decent striker. I think Cole has scored 28 goals in 125 games. Something like that.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #279: Dec 29, 2010 03:30:03 pm

I'd rather have N'gog. Much younger and has much more potential.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #280: Dec 29, 2010 03:35:28 pm
      I'd rather have N'gog. Much younger and has much more potential.

Disagree to be honest potential for what? Don't think he's going to get any faster, if he gets stronger he would probably get even slower.

I ask myself this would I be happy if we signed ngog this window.....No. Not happy about Cole but maybe a useful stopgap. If Torres gets injured Ngog cannot play upfront on his own Cole could do that role like Heskey and bring the midfielders more into the game, not pretty football but effective.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #281: Dec 29, 2010 03:40:56 pm
      Disagree to be honest potential for what? Don't think he's going to get any faster, if he gets stronger he would probably get even slower.

I ask myself this would I be happy if we signed ngog this window.....No. Not happy about Cole but maybe a useful stopgap. If Torres gets injured Ngog cannot play upfront on his own Cole could do that role like Heskey and bring the midfielders more into the game, not pretty football but effective.

I agree he needs work. More work in the gym, on his finishing and positioning. I don't think he's ever going to be our first striker or our top goal scorer, but I'd personally rather keep N'gog next to Torres if the only other option is spending £9million on Carlton Cole.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #282: Dec 29, 2010 03:42:15 pm
      Cole can't even cement a spot in a sh*te West Ham side. Much rather save the money and keep Ngog who has a better goal to game ratio at a much younger age if we're looking at Cole.

Need to aim much higher than him. City are in talks for Dzeko and we want Carlton Cole. Geez.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #283: Dec 29, 2010 03:44:14 pm
      I agree he needs work. More work in the gym, on his finishing and positioning. I don't think he's ever going to be our first striker or our top goal scorer, but I'd personally rather keep N'gog next to Torres if the only other option is spending £9million on Carlton Cole.

Agree it will all depend on the price, perhaps a Straight swap for babel, I mean just think of all the recording studios in London Ryan could go to.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #284: Dec 29, 2010 03:45:30 pm
      I will officially lose hope if this is true. FFS both of his goals he scored against Fulham were assists for the other team. Granted the second finish was class but his ratio is unbelievable. If the owners let this happen they are clearly not as interested in statistics and potential as we thought.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #285: Dec 29, 2010 03:45:35 pm
      Cole can't even cement a spot in a sh*te West Ham side. Much rather save the money and keep Ngog who has a better goal to game ratio at a much younger age if we're looking at Cole.

Need to aim much higher than him. City are in talks for Dzeko and we want Carlton Cole.

Geez.

Think the Dzeko deal done at city according to mankini
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #286: Dec 29, 2010 03:50:11 pm
      If Torres gets injured Ngog cannot play upfront on his own Cole could do that role like Heskey and bring the midfielders more into the game, not pretty football but effective.
      Oh dear.  :-[

. ...perhaps a Straight swap for babel
      That's better.  :D
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #287: Dec 29, 2010 03:54:25 pm

Don't get embarrassed, I mean the Englnd side has played it's best football in recent years with Rooney Gerrard and the likes feeding off Heskey scoring plenty of goals. Cole is basically a younger version. Strange on how many forwards who have played ith Emile rave about him.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #288: Dec 29, 2010 03:58:42 pm
      I am hoping that there are more than just Roy and Comolli making the decisions to be honest, I hope Kenny has some say as well.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #289: Dec 29, 2010 04:01:01 pm
      If we sign Carlton Cole, Roy Hodgson and Damien Comolli should be sacked on the spot.

99.99% of Liverpool fans know he isn't good enough and don't want him anywhere near a Liverpool shirt.

I totally agree with you it's a joke if we sign him we need another star striker aguero, or llorente or suarez someone of the calibur worthy to put the shirt on
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #290: Dec 29, 2010 04:03:50 pm
      Don't get embarrassed, I mean the Englnd side has played it's best football in recent years with Rooney Gerrard and the likes feeding off Heskey scoring plenty of goals. Cole is basically a younger version. Strange on how many forwards who have played ith Emile rave about him.

I guess it's down to what one's definition of "effective" gazza.

Heskey and his ilk may be "effective" in such an archaic system but the system it's self, sure as sh*t, ain't - as the handing out of trophies would bear witness to.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #291: Dec 29, 2010 04:11:00 pm
      I guess it's down to what one's definition of "effective" gazza.

Heskey and his ilk may be "effective" in such an archaic system but the system it's self, sure as sh*t, ain't - as the handing out of trophies would bear witness to.

Disagree with archaic bit, but it's all about opinions, I mean yes we had the big mn little man with Keegan and Tosh, we replicated it with Owen and Heskey difference being Emile didn't score many (apart from one season) but with him in the side the midfielders got more goals. Even Arsenal have got a bit more steel in attack with this Chmack he's a target man a different kind to Heskey but still a target man. Dzecko is also a big old unit and I bet when City get him they will play more long balls and hope for some knock downs. Problem we have at the moment is Torres is winning he knock downs when he should be on the end of them.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #292: Dec 29, 2010 04:14:09 pm
      If Carlton Cole, Huth or any ex Fulham player is signed and become the new Poulsen, I fear "unrest" will be the only word to describe the situation with fans, also meaning the end of whatever good image of patient supporters they may have had.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #293: Dec 29, 2010 04:14:54 pm
      Chamakh rarely has to deal with long balls though. Same with Dzeko. They are both big men who add strength in holding it up with their feet, can play with their backs to goal but that is only one facet to their game. They are excellent technicians and slot in nicely with sides that play good football because of their first touch and reading of the game.

Carlton Cole is a proper hoof ball striker. That is all. The similarities herein are minimal, after their height.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #294: Dec 29, 2010 04:20:42 pm
      Disagree with archaic bit, but it's all about opinions

Fair enough, if that's what you believe. I don't want to wander off topic for too long but suffice to say that none of the top teams/trophy winners play such a system.

On Carlton Cole himself: I actually like the player. He's big, strong and fast. As an understudy to Torres in a 4-3-3/4-5-1: I think he'd be a good signing. He would need to be inexpensive and followed here by other (better class) players tho'.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #295: Dec 29, 2010 04:29:12 pm
      Fair enough, if that's what you believe. I don't want to wander off topic for too long but suffice to say that none of the top teams/trophy winners play such a system.

On Carlton Cole himself: I actually like the player. He's big, strong and fast. As an understudy to Torres in a 4-3-3/4-5-1: I think he'd be a good signing. He would need to be

inexpensive and followed here by other (better class) players tho'.

Nail on head there mate, and if anyone has any common sense behind the scenes and we are signing Cole I suggest it is announced AFTER like you say a better class signing has been revealed.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #296: Dec 29, 2010 04:52:42 pm
      Total waste of 7-8m! Ngog and Kuyt are better strikers than this lad.

Would rather invest money in a top left back!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8658 
      Reply #297: Dec 29, 2010 04:55:18 pm
      It's only Sky Sports reporting this at the moment so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Once it appears in the Liverpool Echo is when I'll start worrying.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #298: Dec 29, 2010 04:58:21 pm
      Silly season is here so....But i can't see how Cole can contribute to be honest.

Quick Reply