Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club

Read 8125 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club
      Reply #46: Jul 25, 2010 07:39:25 pm
      We've all got a problem with the club at the moment. Torres is no different. I'm fairly sure Gerrard, Carragher and Reina as examples are all the same.

Although, I think you're all forgetting that it is:

a) Sunday

and

b) The News of The World.

Which means they can pretty much invent 'news.' I wouldn't really read in to those comments too much.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: Jul 25, 2010 08:46:06 pm
      Which means they can pretty much invent 'news.' I wouldn't really read in to those comments too much.

All well and true, but those exact same comments have been seen on more than one source.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,366 posts | 1538 
      Reply #48: Jul 25, 2010 09:15:44 pm
      We know if it came from NOTW it's likely to be bullshit, so why are we even giving it a topic. I couldn't be bothered reading past the first two posts. F**k ! why am I wasting my time typeing this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Jul 25, 2010 09:28:06 pm
      Torres is like the rest of us. He knows the board have lied again and again about money. He has seen the man who brought him to the club and made him the player he is stabbed in the back. So like a lot of us he doesnt believe the club
      will move forward under its current ownership. Its not easy for us to sit and wait for the owners to be bought out and as much as Torres loves the club all players have a shelflive so as much as players he might want to stay Torres we cant expect him to put his career on hold while we sort our mess out.

In saying that I would hope Torres would give us at least one more year. Maybe if he saw the wheels in motion for a change of ownership it will convince him he can achieve his ambitions at our great club.

If not... Thanks for the wonderful memories Nando.

As incompetent as our board may be I cant see them letting Torres go anyway as Im sure he makes them millions in image rights as well as being the most talented out field player in our squad
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #50: Jul 25, 2010 09:40:09 pm
      If the NOTW printed it was Sunday today I'd still check the callender.

We all know Torres thinks there has not been enough investment in players (actually there's been sod all investment in anything apart from financing the loans lately) and if things don't change he might start looking for a club with who are prepared to put the money in.

I think this has nothing to do with Rafa leaving.  Torres' disquiet came well before Rafa got the bullet.

IMO this is speculation based on Torres' previous stated 'beef' with the club in the absence of any firm statement from Torres.

The fact that this is not on the official website means nothing.  They are hardly going to print anything that holds H&G responsible for Torres' disenchantment with the club.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Jul 25, 2010 09:52:17 pm
      All well and true, but those exact same comments have been seen on more than one source.

Aye, I have no doubt that those quotes are 100% accurate.

But it's the NOTW's God given right to twist what anyone's words mean. Hodgson has come out and said that Torres is fine with him, but he basically has queries with the club. I'd take that as 'Fernando wants assurances, because on the face of things we're still in the same boat. No matter how you dress it up.'

Whereas the NOTW have taken it as 'Fernando is off because he's got beef with the club.' That'll be sure to get the fans talking.

It disappoints me that Liverpool fans are even speaking about the sh*te that they put out. Any publicity, positive or negative, is good publicity for them, unfortunately.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #52: Jul 25, 2010 10:04:05 pm
      Given the little information we have its 50/50 at least.. How can people be so sure he'll stay? Purslime going to meet him for talks in Spain can only mean:

1) He's looking to leave the club because he's not happy OR

2) He's looking to leave the club because "the slimey one" is looking to sell him.

Why would Purslime go to Spain if there wasn't a decision to be made?? And Roy actually said he didn't have a clue if he's staying or not...
      Those who think its just some media creation are mistaken.. Again for me its 50/50..

hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #53: Jul 25, 2010 10:23:45 pm
      I like Roys use of the word 'beef', top man.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #54: Jul 25, 2010 10:29:32 pm
      As other's have said, Torres's beef is the same as ours.

Pity we cant just chuck it on a barbeque and charcoal the f****
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Jul 25, 2010 10:41:24 pm
      More sh*te from a sh*te rag, Plus all the other media outlets are like flies round sh*te, ssn, red top rags, Talksquawk etc all jumping on the bandwagon, Torres loves LFC, The fans, the city, We can all understand the frustrations aired in the last 12 months, It is clear that the lies and spin and the continued bullshit from the boardroom are effecting the minds of the players and obviously casts doubts on whether LFC is going in the right direction, But those players are contracted to our club and those contracts should be honoured, Fernando is a lovely bloke and does not come across as someone who will turn his back on a club which he admires so much, IMO, He will stay for this season and then see what happens, If we are successful and heading in the right direction then its possible all this will be put behind him and possibly commit for longer, If we have a mediocre season then i'm afraid it will be bye bye Nando, As for Roy it does'nt matter because if those kunts upstairs can successfully rid our club of a manager who stood up against all their bullshit, lies, deceit then what chance has Roy, Nobody wants a yes man at their club but unfortunately thats exactly why Purslime and the fat greedy kunts wanted, Roys hands are tied, And so would any other bloke who took up the post, I still believe Roy will be good for our club its not an ideal situation but its on the pitch that he will concentrate on thats his role, to get LFC playing good football and challenging on all fronts, That in itself will appease most of us fans and will obviously lessen the hatred for those kunts upstairs, Ironicly the more success we have the more they will demand for the club and the viscious cycle continues.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #56: Jul 25, 2010 10:55:22 pm
      Le Bouf = No Big Summer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Jul 25, 2010 10:55:42 pm
      What do people expect Roy to say ? If Nando is saying he has a problem with the 'club', what do they expect Roy to do about that ? I'm sure he's tried to get him stay, but let's not be naive - if Nando goes, it won't be simply because of the owners/investment and all the backroom sh*te. Fact is we had a sh*t outing last season and that's left us out of the Champions League, and a squad that has an outside chance of top4 but no more than that. Nando is one of the best footballers in the world. You don't get there without being ambitious as well as talented. I'm sure he's a loyal guy but he has a career to think of, he's in his prime and he wants to start winning things. It's like any career, everyone wants to move on and sometimes you have to be selfish to get to the next level. You might take some flack initially, but if Nando moves on and wins trophies/has success in his first year, everyone will be saying how right he was to move on, what a timely switch, bla bla bla.
      In saying all that I really hope he stays. Our formation is based on him up front on his own with someone in behind. If he goes, yeah we might have a few quid to spend but who can you get in to replace the guy? Have said it before, when he walks out on the field you always feel you're in with a chance. So please stay Nando, but understand if you gotta move on :(
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2010 12:15:28 am
      All he has done is play it safe mate. I respect your opinion too mate. My take on it is this. Roy will spend the first season here working out the ins and outs and who he can and can't trust. He is giving answers in interviews about not knowing things because he genuinely doesn't know. Roy is playing a very clever game here at the moment. He is deflecting all financial questions, whether that be the buying or selling of players, towards Purslow. And to be honest, how can anyone expect Roy to answer questions he doesn't have the answers to?.

Your last sentence sums up the situation perfectly. Roy is in front of the press being expected to give answers when he doesn't have any. Why? Because he's not demanding them from Perslow.

I agree that this could be a clever rouse to buy him time until the new owners come in , but if it is I think it is the wrong game plan as it just makes him look weak.. I have to work with mancs and to see how the media are portraying Roy as a pathetic victim of circumstances beyond his control is embarrassing. And Roy is not helping himself.

Roy is my leader, and until he fucks up he has my 100% loyal support, but I think his dealings with the press are poor at best and damaging at worst. I first pointed this out when he made his subservient comments about Ferguson, and I expressed the hope he would change. So far he has not.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 02:05:34 am by jake15919 »
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2010 12:42:21 am
      I want my manager to be the manager I want him when he is coming into the club he will have an agreement in place that he will have the final say in who comes or goes, Roy obviously doesn't, as he said himself he is just the coach.

But can you imagine what would be said if players were sold or brought in without the say so of Wenger Ferguson, Ancelotti or even Redknapp. And then he gives a bizaare interview fueling speculation that Torres may leave saying it is nothing to do with me and I don't know what is going on with him you'd have to ask Purslow about that.

F**k me have any of ye ever heard Ferguson, Wenger or Ancelotti make comments like that. That is why I'm disappointed at the moment with the situation very suprised there is people wondering why there is questions being currently asked about Roys input.

Absolutely 100%.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2010 01:44:53 am
      Personally i am impressed with what Roy Hogson has said, he is not sitting on the fence,he has not been anyones lackey, he has said were the problem lies, and has let it be known were the problem lies, if the is anyone who i am disappointed with then it's Torres, who has looked after his own career making sure he has played for Spain when he has not been fit. Torres has forgotten who pays his wages while making out he is the injured party, while we the fans who pay his wages are left dangling, Things won't be the same for me with Torres any more. If he had any respect for the club then he would have made up his mind one way or the other, not waiting to see what offers come his way
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2010 02:14:49 am
      Personally I am impressed with what Roy Hogson has said, he is not sitting on the fence,he has not been anyones lackey, he has said were the problem lies, and has let it be known were the problem lies, if the is anyone who I am disappointed with then it's Torres, who has looked after his own career making sure he has played for Spain when he has not been fit. Torres has forgotten who pays his wages while making out he is the injured party, while we the fans who pay his wages are left dangling, Things won't be the same for me with Torres any more. If he had any respect for the club then he would have made up his mind one way or the other, not waiting to see what offers come his way

I don't think he is waiting for what offers come his way.

He is simply looking for like any level headed fan of this club wants and that is some guarantee that the club wants to be moving forward and being able to challange for big trophies. For Torres he even expressed this when Rafa was here this will have to come in the form and shape of some quality additions to the squad. Don't let the Cole signing cloud your judgment about Purslow or the board and distract you from the immediate problems of this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2010 02:25:31 am
      No he is not looking like any level headed fan Torres is looking for what is good for Torres   no one else other wise he would not sit on the fence. Torres knows what is going on if he is not happy then move on. But he is not doing that he is waiting ..... looking at what is good for Torres
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2010 02:37:33 am
      No.

He is looking at whether or not a club of this size, tradition and history can shake off the mediocrity of it's board and once again be ready to challenge for the big titles. Just like many fans he is sick of the broken promises and lies Purslow has told. Besides I am interested to know if you feel the same resentment for Gerrard who is a born and bred scouser and has come through the ranks of our club but only up until last week spent the summer flirting with Mourinho??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2010 03:25:52 am
      If we're looking for guarantees about us pushing on, then Torres committing would be a huge step in us pushing for trophies.

I appreciate that it seems that he's looking after himself but I'm not going to beat him with a stick for it, even if I thought that this was what he was doing, which I actually don't. At the end of the day, he came here to win things. His signing helped us make a step forward, among others. Hicks and Gillett have done their best in taking us many steps backwards.

Fernando is in a position of finding out whether those two are as full of sh*te as we know they are capable. I personally think he will stay but if the cards are in his favour then why not try and get some information out of the cu*ts first?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2010 10:22:38 am
      And brought the Singing of the summer in Joe Cole .

Although if you listen to the interviews on LFCtv, it wasn't so much Roy Hodgson who brought Joe Cole in but Purslow.

As for Torres, let him get back from his holidays first, too much ado about nothing, this, especially if it's sh*t printed in the NOTW!!
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 10:27:47 am by HUYTON RED »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #66: Jul 26, 2010 10:25:28 am
      If we're looking for guarantees about us pushing on, then Torres committing would be a huge step in us pushing for trophies.

I appreciate that it seems that he's looking after himself but I'm not going to beat him with a stick for it, even if I thought that this was what he was doing, which I actually don't. At the end of the day, he came here to win things. His signing helped us make a step forward, among others. Hicks and Gillett have done their best in taking us many steps backwards.

Fernando is in a position of finding out whether those two are as full of sh*te as we know they are capable. I personally think he will stay but if the cards are in his favour then why not try and get some information out of the cu*ts first?

The thing I like about this, is obviously Nando cares deeply for the club, hence why the "beef", Personally, I'd be happy for him to say, "I will give it next season, then review my position at the end of it"
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Jul 26, 2010 10:30:48 am
      See what is starting to annoy me about this, Torres signed a 5 year bumper contract last year, he is not going anywhere, if he had doubts, he should not have signed.

The press are gunning for LFC, always have been, they hounded the best manager weve had since Kenny out the club, they now want our Best player to leave!

The guys i on holiday, Im sure when he comes back he will tell all he is an LFC player. End off. Until next summer ;D.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #68: Jul 26, 2010 11:19:26 am
      See what is starting to annoy me about this, Torres signed a 5 year bumper contract last year, he is not going anywhere, if he had doubts, he should not have signed.

The press are gunning for LFC, always have been, they hounded the best manager weve had since Kenny out the club, they now want our Best player to leave!

The guys I on holiday, Im sure when he comes back he will tell all he is an LFC player. End off. Until next summer ;D.

Grrr.. How can you still think this????...

1) Purslime is in Spain talking with him and its fair to assume they're talking about his future. which means he's considering leaving..
      2) Roy said he doesn't know if he's staying or going and tried to disassociate himself from the talks so he doesn't get blamed for his departure..

Just because the Journo's are loving this sh*te its doesn't mean its a media creation.. They're talking about his future in Spain.. Not good..

Quick Reply