Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Most despised player to ever wear the Liverpool shirt

Read 18001 times
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Re: Most despised player to ever wear the Liverpool shirt
      Reply #161: Aug 04, 2010 12:01:49 am
      What has Lucas done to be DESPISED?

Bad mouthed the manager, sold out to the scum, hit a youth player, been a general god sh*te, talked to the s*n, been disrespectful to the 96? No!

Has he tried to play his best week in and week out, kept himself out of trouble, been professional? Yes!

So what has he done to be Despised?

As you said, your problem is with the people who pick him to play for Liverpool F.C. ala Rafa and Roy. Do you Despise them?

I can't see much wrong with him, maybe it's the haircut?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #162: Aug 04, 2010 12:05:05 am
      I see alot wrong with him- but nothing as far as to despise him!

He hasent done anything half as bad as most mentioned.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #163: Aug 04, 2010 04:02:57 pm
      Riera - for what he said about the club
      Diouf - for being a c**t
      Owen - for moving to United
      Houghton - for wanting to move down south to be close to his family and moving to Villa, really south Ray
      McManaman - for being a c**t over his move to Madrid where he allowed his contract to run down and didn't put in any effort in his final year
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #164: Aug 04, 2010 04:45:15 pm
      It does say 'to ever wear', not 'whilst playing for us' in the topic header.  It's why I added Lawrenson to the list.

The way I interperate it, it's whilst wearing the shirt but i'll agree to disagree :P
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #165: Aug 04, 2010 04:54:10 pm
      /continued.

....and so out of the three of Kewell, Macmanaman and Owen.

Its Owen ny a long way.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #166: Aug 05, 2010 06:47:37 pm
      I'm not going to lie, I loved Owen when he played for us - you must of been mad not too! But ever since he moved to Madrid I've struggled to stand the guy. He seems more interested in money and his horses than football and moving to United was the final straw for me, personally.

But, as for players to be despised whilst wearing the shirt it has to be Itandje. I saw clips of his behaviour at the Hillsborough memorial service and was shocked. No respectable person would act like that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #167: Aug 05, 2010 06:54:45 pm
      Riera - for what he said about the club
      Diouf - for being a c**t
      McManaman - for being a c**t over his move to Madrid where he allowed his contract to run down and didn't put in any effort in his final year

Pretty much this. ^^^
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #168: Aug 06, 2010 12:09:53 am
      Ive never hated a player while they have been at the club.

I dont generally despise anyone whos left either, although I tihnk theres a few n*b heads knockin about who decided to bad mouth the club or disrespect it.
      GlasgowReds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #169: Aug 06, 2010 02:22:23 am
      Some surprising comments on this one, especially the Lucas one, give the lad a break!!

We all have our players who we dislike, but I would go as far to say it would be impossible to hate a player while they still actually played for Liverpool! I suppose of current playing staff Itandje would take the prize due to his lack of respect and understanding.

Having said that, watching Michael Owen clips on LFC TV is like looking at a bikini photo of your fit ex-bird...... who's now banging Alex Ferguson. Not nice!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #170: Aug 07, 2010 07:32:31 pm
      I reckon Lucas. I know some might question my love for LFC when I diss a current player, but I think it is outrageous that he still gets a game.
      It's weird, but because Lucas has caused so much debate on this forum, he is probably one of the most popular guys in the team! Personally i think he is one of the most committed players we have, and did exactly what he was asked to do. Hopefully he will get a more advanced role some time this season where he can prove his worth as an attacking threat. This depends on Machs's replacement and Roy's tactics.
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #171: Aug 10, 2010 10:17:54 pm
      Diouf just edges it over owen.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #172: Aug 10, 2010 10:41:44 pm

As much as I  do not like the path Michael Owen has taken in his career in the last 12 months I will always apreciate what he did for Liverpool. He carried us on his back for goals most of the time. Who knows where we would have been without those goals. His goals in his final season enabled us to scrape 4th place, qualify for the CL and we know what happened next. To class him with Diouf is nothing short of a disgrace.

When I think of Owen, I think of Cardiff against arsenal and the mancs. I think of the great goals he scored. I think of the way he conducted himself at the club, always a professional. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool.

Owen today..... well I am just indifferent to him. I neither hate him or admire him. But the fact is that he was a great player for Liverpool while he was here. Maybe he will not get the 'legend' tag due to the path he has taken and that is fair enough in my book. Robbie Fowler is a legend, as is Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard. Owen will never be in that company, but to class him with someone who spits at kids in the crowd and who brought shame on the club is a disgrace.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #173: Aug 11, 2010 02:21:36 am
      As much as I  do not like the path Michael Owen has taken in his career in the last 12 months I will always apreciate what he did for Liverpool. He carried us on his back for goals most of the time. Who knows where we would have been without those goals. His goals in his final season enabled us to scrape 4th place, qualify for the CL and we know what happened next. To class him with Diouf is nothing short of a disgrace.

When I think of Owen, I think of Cardiff against arsenal and the mancs. I think of the great goals he scored. I think of the way he conducted himself at the club, always a professional. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool.

Owen today..... well I am just indifferent to him. I neither hate him or admire him. But the fact is that he was a great player for Liverpool while he was here. Maybe he will not get the 'legend' tag due to the path he has taken and that is fair enough in my book. Robbie Fowler is a legend, as is Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard. Owen will never be in that company, but to class him with someone who spits at kids in the crowd and who brought shame on the club is a disgrace.

This had me thinking over what Owen did for us. I have to admit I loved Owen when he played for us, but for a fantastic goalscorer in our history to go to UTD of all teams in the friggin world, it really hurt me when he signed for them. Any other team in the world and I wouldn't have been fussed, but Utd is just unforgivable to me.

Every time I think of Owen, I just try and write him out of our memory, it sounds really harsh but that's how much i hate Utd. I really do wonder how he must feel watching the 2003 Carling cup final over again now, didn't the idiot think of how us Liverpool fans would feel moving to Utd?

Anyway, this is why i class Owen as one of the most despised players to ever wear our sacred jersey. Along with the obvious - Diouf and Itandje the kn*b
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #174: Aug 11, 2010 11:33:48 am
      This had me thinking over what Owen did for us. I have to admit I loved Owen when he played for us, but for a fantastic goalscorer in our history to go to UTD of all teams in the friggin world, it really hurt me when he signed for them. Any other team in the world and I wouldn't have been fussed, but Utd is just unforgivable to me.

Every time I think of Owen, I just try and write him out of our memory, it sounds really harsh but that's how much I hate Utd. I really do wonder how he must feel watching the 2003 Carling cup final over again now, didn't the idiot think of how us Liverpool fans would feel moving to Utd?

Anyway, this is why I class Owen as one of the most despised players to ever wear our sacred jersey. Along with the obvious - Diouf and Itandje the kn*b

Well I do not despise him. I am just indifferent to him now. For me his career was over after he signed for them. He would have come back to us, but benitez preferred ngog and voronin.

What I do despise is that my mates 2 year old daughter has been diognosed with Leukemia and my mate in work is fighting cancer that has spread. This puts everything in perspective for me. Football lost its sense of reality along time ago.

Despise, hate?? Life is too short to carry rubbish like that around. I love the players at Liverpool Fc now. All other players are just that....other players!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #175: Aug 11, 2010 11:45:14 am
      i really don't despise any player who wore the red shirt
       but if i have to mention 2 it will be diouf and itjandje, really 2 dirty pr*cks !!end of
       ynwa
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #176: Aug 11, 2010 12:06:24 pm
      Well I do not despise him. I am just indifferent to him now. For me his career was over after he signed for them. He would have come back to us, but benitez preferred ngog and voronin.

Rafa was trying to get at a knock-down price, so we wouldn't be ripped off by Madrid and asked Owen to have some patience and show commitment, but that little sh*t was, as ever more concerned about his England place, which was why he accepted the deal straight away from the Geordies.

Made his own F***ing bed, let him lie in it.
      Raige
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #177: Aug 11, 2010 12:28:25 pm
      Rafa was trying to get at a knock-down price, so we wouldn't be ripped off by Madrid and asked Owen to have some patience and show commitment, but that little sh*t was, as ever more concerned about his England place, which was why he accepted the deal straight away from the Geordies.

Made his own f**king bed, let him lie in it.

That sums up MO perfectly.  He got exactly what he deserved.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #178: Aug 11, 2010 01:07:15 pm

Made his own f**king bed, let him lie in it.

I think you miss my point mate. Before he signed for Manure he made it clear to Liverpool he wanted to come back. But benitez declined and stuck with voronin and ngog.

As for when he left Madrid, we could not afford him, simple as. We offered 7m and the geordies offered 17m. So as our bid was rejected, and theirs accepted the choice was to stay in the stands in Madrid or goto Newcastle and play every week. What would you have done? Liverpool was not an option. There was no 'deal' as you put it to accept. The reason for this being that 'Rick Parry' as thick as he is declined to put a buy back option in the deal thus making us open to being blown out of the water financially.

This is a pointless coversation anyway about a player who for me now is finished. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool. I do not however hate or despise him. Life is much much too short.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #179: Aug 11, 2010 01:22:07 pm
      I think you miss my point mate. Before he signed for Manure he made it clear to Liverpool he wanted to come back. But benitez declined and stuck with voronin and ngog.

As for when he left Madrid, we could not afford him, simple as. We offered 7m and the geordies offered 17m. So as our bid was rejected, and theirs accepted the choice was to stay in the stands in Madrid or goto Newcastle and play every week. What would you have done? Liverpool was not an option. There was no 'deal' as you put it to accept. The reason for this being that 'Rick Parry' as thick as he is declined to put a buy back option in the deal thus making us open to being blown out of the water financially.

This is a pointless coversation anyway about a player who for me now is finished. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool. I do not however hate or despise him. Life is much much too short.

The only reason he moved to Newcastle, was because his beloved England place was under threat and he knew he would be a first-team starter at Newcastle.

Wouldn't matter anyway, Rafa ended up getting an even better striker in Nando.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #180: Aug 11, 2010 01:36:58 pm
      The only reason he moved to Newcastle, was because his beloved England place was under threat and he knew he would be a first-team starter at Newcastle.

Wouldn't matter anyway, Rafa ended up getting an even better striker in Nando.

The only reason he moved to newcastle was that there was nowhere else to go as only they were willing to pay 17m. His contract had more holes in it than a taliban bunker. He had escape clauses in it everywhere. So if Liverpool really wanted him they could have got him back.

Also, when leaving Madrid, Owen released a statement and I quote ' I want to go back to Liverpool. If this cannot be arranged before the end of the transfer window I will go to Newcastle on loan for a season ' Sadly, Madrid as expected wanted the 17m and told him he could not leave on-loan. If you read ' a season on the brink' by Guillem Balague he even confirms that after benitez took control at Liverpool, Owen wanted to stay but benitez decided to sell him to fund moves for alonso and garcia. These are facts. Do not let facts get in the way of your obvious dislike of Owen. Benitez decided to sell him and declined to re-sign him on at least 2 occasions. benitez sold alot of other strikers as well.

And yes, we did get a better alround striker in Nando, and I would never swap him for anyone. As stated though, this is a pointless conversation about a player who is finished. I neither hate or admire him. But I respect what he did for Liverpool and all proper supporters would say the same.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #181: Aug 11, 2010 02:20:06 pm
      The only reason he moved to newcastle was that there was nowhere else to go as only they were willing to pay 17m. His contract had more holes in it than a taliban bunker. He had escape clauses in it everywhere. So if Liverpool really wanted him they could have got him back.

Also, when leaving Madrid, Owen released a statement and I quote ' I want to go back to Liverpool. If this cannot be arranged before the end of the transfer window I will go to Newcastle on loan for a season ' Sadly, Madrid as expected wanted the 17m and told him he could not leave on-loan. If you read ' a season on the brink' by Guillem Balague he even confirms that after benitez took control at Liverpool, Owen wanted to stay but benitez decided to sell him to fund moves for alonso and garcia. These are facts. Do not let facts get in the way of your obvious dislike of Owen. Benitez decided to sell him and declined to re-sign him on at least 2 occasions. benitez sold alot of other strikers as well.

And yes, we did get a better alround striker in Nando, and I would never swap him for anyone. As stated though, this is a pointless conversation about a player who is finished. I neither hate or admire him. But I respect what he did for Liverpool and all proper supporters would say the same.

Yeah, but Rafa had to sell or he would of ran his contract down. The biggest fact of all was why the F**k was his agent constantly on sabbatical when Rick Parry tried to start contract negotiations with him.

Owen knew he was off to Madrid, they'd already probably tapped him and his management/agent up about a possible move, otherwise the mercernary little f**ker would of signed a new contract, would he not?

Owern shat on Liverpool and that is one undeniable fact!

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #182: Aug 11, 2010 02:35:49 pm
      Yeah, but Rafa had to sell or he would of ran his contract down. The biggest fact of all was why the f**k was his agent constantly on sabbatical when Rick Parry tried to start contract negotiations with him.

Owen knew he was off to Madrid, they'd already probably tapped him and his management/agent up about a possible move, otherwise the mercernary little f**ker would of signed a new contract, would he not?

Owern shat on Liverpool and that is one undeniable fact!

Owen, quite rightly in my opinion was not prepared to sign a new 4 year deal with Houllier in charge. We had just finished light years behind the leaders after a terrible season were owens goals got us 4th, 30 points behind the leaders. The season before, when we finished 5th was just as bad. Once benitez took over, meaning houllier had left, he was prepared to stay, meaning sign a new deal ( again in balague's book ). But benitez never gave him the chance. He sold him to fund alonso and garcia in the knowledge he still had cisse which is fair enough. Balague noted that it was nothing pesonal against Owen, benitez just felt he had adequate cover ( cisse ) and Owen was a way to make quick cash to bring in the players he wanted. There is no right or wrong there mate. They are the facts mate.

Rick Parry was an idiot. This is the man who went on holiday and then returned to sort other contracts instead of sorting gerrards out after the CL final. Oh, and don't forget, Steven Gerrard did not sign his new deal either, and only signed it after flirting with chelsea for 2 summers running. At the end of the day, these things happen in football. It is the way football is today.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #183: Aug 11, 2010 02:42:04 pm
      Rick Parry was an idiot. This is the man who went on holiday and then returned to sort other contracts instead of sorting gerrards out after the CL final. Oh, and don't forget, Steven Gerrard did not sign his new deal either, and only signed it after flirting with chelsea for 2 summers running. At the end of the day, these things happen in football. It is the way football is today.

Absolutely agree with that, no wonder he was nicknamed Coco!!

Quick Reply