Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Lucas (Palermo)

Read 13329 times
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Re: Lucas (Palermo)
      Reply #115: Jul 19, 2010 08:20:47 pm
      Am thinking better than Centre Midfield.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #116: Aug 04, 2010 04:03:19 pm
      Palermo are ready to make a renewed bid for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Italians had a £3million bid rejected last month when new Anfield boss Roy Hodgson insisted that Lucas was part of his plans.

The Reds are poised to lose Javier Mascherano and Hodgson would be reluctant to lose another midfielder.

However, Palermo sporting director Walter Sabatini insists the door has not been closed on a deal and hopes to tempt Liverpool with an improved £5m bid.

'There is a dialogue with Liverpool,' said Sabatini. 'I believe there is room to negotiate.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/palermo-to-increase-lucas-bid
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #117: Aug 04, 2010 04:05:37 pm
      £8 million you can take him and I'll throw Plessis into the deal. cheers. ;D
      Georgelfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #118: Aug 04, 2010 05:11:19 pm
      Let him go
      he's finding it difficult adapting and the fans aren't making it any easier for him so the best thing for him will be to leave
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #119: Aug 04, 2010 05:40:14 pm
      ... 3million a good fee... *sigh*
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #120: Aug 04, 2010 07:46:49 pm
      Let him go
      he's finding it difficult adapting and the fans aren't making it any easier for him so the best thing for him will be to leave

This isn't 2 or 3 seasons ago, he's adapted really well since then, he's been much more consistent recently than our 'big guns' and the fans are starting to support him, I for one think he can be a really important part of the team this season.
      Georgelfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #121: Aug 04, 2010 08:38:46 pm
      Yes i agree with you
      he is improving another season and i bet he'll turn into a good player
      but i can still see many fans against him and hey keep saying hes sh*te
      i dont blame him if he decides to leave
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #122: Aug 04, 2010 08:57:35 pm
      Be suicide to sell Lucas now

First off hes improving steadily season by season and still young

Secondly it looks like Masch will be gone so that would leave Gerrard Aquilani Spearing and Shelvey as the only recognised centre midfielders in the squad if Lucas was sold. Shelvey is only a kid with no prem league experience, tho he looks the part, and Spearing might not be up to the task.

We need to keep Lucas
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,280 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #123: Aug 04, 2010 09:50:50 pm
      Not a great fan of his but credit were credit is due Lucas has improved and with Mash going i think we should keep hold of him
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #124: Aug 05, 2010 12:32:53 pm
      My memory lets me down alot these days,However am I right in saying I read recently the stats on successfull takles in the Prem and Lucas was bang up there.
      The lad has really stepped up to the plate imo and defo should stay and let Roy improve him even more.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #125: Aug 05, 2010 12:43:53 pm
      He was club captain last week when the likes of Agger, Sotis and Skrtel were playing which I think speaks volumes for Roys plans for him this season. He might not play every week but it is clear that he is firmly in the clubs thoughts. Not just anyone gets the honour to captain our club regardless of opposition or our team lineup.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #126: Aug 05, 2010 02:41:41 pm
      My memory lets me down alot these days,However am I right in saying I read recently the stats on successfull takles in the Prem and Lucas was bang up there.
      The lad has really stepped up to the plate imo and defo should stay and let Roy improve him even more.

Correct, he was up there with the tackling and pass completion ratios.
      Tombo
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts | -2 
      Reply #127: Aug 05, 2010 03:59:32 pm
      hopefully Roy will give him the freedom he never got under rafa. before he came to us he was a box to box midfielder scoring at will.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #128: Aug 05, 2010 05:16:22 pm
      Looks like Palermo are offering 5 mill, rising to 7 mill in the future. Personally I think we should keep him.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #129: Aug 05, 2010 05:42:26 pm
      hopefully Roy will give him the freedom he never got under rafa. before he came to us he was a box to box midfielder scoring at will.

yes he was almost Gerrard-esque when at Gremio, scored a few, with plenty of assists but Rafa made him sit deep
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #130: Aug 07, 2010 08:29:56 am
      If we let him go, it's Christian Poulsen who'll be playing in for him. For more than what we sell Lucas, also.

Think about it.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #131: Aug 11, 2010 03:03:11 pm
      He had a solid showing in the Brazil team last night.  He didn't do anything spectacular, but he looked very composed throughout the game.  I'm excited to see him continue to improve this coming season :)
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #132: Aug 14, 2010 05:02:13 am
      Well, Palermo are no pushover themselves, they may not be barca but they definitely are in the CL and are a team on the up. Anyway the price they are quoting is way too low for some1 who is constantly improving. We have seen constant glimpses of what lucas can do on the pitch. If only we started supporting him bcoz then he could play without any fear of constant backlash. I for one believe that lucas has what it takes to be successful in the PL.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #133: Aug 31, 2010 02:56:53 pm
      Stoke City target late bid for Liverpool FC's Lucas Leiva

by Richard Buxton. Published Tue 31 Aug 2010 14:35, Last updated: 2010-08-31

Stoke City have made an audacious bid for Lucas Leiva despite insisting that he wants to remain at Liverpool.

Christian Poulsen and Raul Meireles' arrivals have seen the Brazil international's Anfield future under threat despite featuring heavily for Roy Hodgson's side in the early stages of the new campaign.

Lucas was a regular in the Reds' first-team under Rafael Benitez, Hodgson's predecessor, but could be in line for a move to the Premier League minnows if the right offer is received.

However the 23-year-old, who captained Liverpool's first competitive game under Hodgson against FK Rabotnicki, is hopeful of remaining on Merseyside.

"What is the situation? I don’t know. I’m still playing," he said.

"I'm going away with the national team (on Thursday) and I can’t say any more than that. We don’t have any games so we will be training for a week in Barcelona.

"If the club want to sell me, what can I do? I just have to wait and see what will happen. I need to be playing and I want to be playing but I believe that I am doing well.'

"The manager will choose who plays. I have a contract here and if I don’t get anything good for me or for the club, then I will stay."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1210524-stoke-city-target-late-bid-for-liverpool-fcs-lucas-leiva.html?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #134: Aug 31, 2010 03:00:22 pm
      Behave Stoke.

Quick Reply