Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Roy the Right Man for Liverpool FC? (added 9 September 2010)

Yes
      (7.3%)
      No
      (80.2%)
      Undecided
      (12.5%)

Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)

Read 512057 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)
      Reply #9430: Jan 07, 2011 04:24:12 pm
      His record and the tactics he employed in his 35 years of management should have been the give away though.

That is what annoys me most JD if NESV had made the correct decision sooner with the way the league is gone I genuinely think we could have competed for a top 4 place. But the longer they leave him there now the more he drags us into a relegation battle.
      Lenchy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | -7 
      Reply #9431: Jan 07, 2011 04:32:00 pm
      I'll wish him all the best. Might do well at another Fulham.
      Think once he is gone and the owners appoint "The right man", whoever that is, we will once again unite as a club.
      He should never have got the job here though.
      Given the circumstances at the time, I thought it was a fairly good appointment. But hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?
      Compared to the respect that Hodgson has given to every Liverpool fan? Come on. You get what you give and unfortunately for him he gave "a group of people" a LOT of rope.
      So he may not be the best at PR or maybe not the best tactiction, but I still think some of the abuse he's recieved is OTT and unfair. He's a human after-all. How would you like it if you had your name scribbled all over a wall and recieving threats?
      I'll second that.

You always like to see people doing well at smaller clubs, or at least clubs which are not direct rivals to us. I always look out for Leeds and West Ham for some reason?
      I couldn't think of 2 teams I'd love to see go bust more than those two..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9432: Jan 07, 2011 04:32:02 pm
      So it appears we are indeed sending Roy to the slaughter this weekend, rather than a probable losing start to a new manager.

Much rather Kenny start off his new job with a win over Everton, than a defeat against Utd.

But what if by some miracle we beat united? The press will make up some new found support of Roy.

It is a negative thought pattern, and one in which if we lose we lose, and if we win, we lose.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #9433: Jan 07, 2011 04:32:07 pm
      That is what annoys me most JD if NESV had made the correct decision sooner with the way the league is gone I genuinely think we could have competed for a top 4 place. But the longer they leave him there now the more he drags us into a relegation battle.

I agree they should have made the decision sooner.  But they didn't, nothing we can do now.

In any case this topic is arguably now defunct.

Unless somebody makes a reasoned post about why Roy IS the Right man for Liverpool in the next day or two I see no reason for it to remain open.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9434: Jan 07, 2011 04:33:55 pm
      I agree they should have made the decision sooner.  But they didn't, nothing we can do now.

Unless somebody makes a reasoned post about why Roy IS the Right man for Liverpool in the next day or two I see no reason for it to remain open.

You'd do well to lock it and leave us with the Roy Hodgson Liverpool Manager topic.

Although some might see that as forum bias against the manager
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #9435: Jan 07, 2011 04:39:06 pm
      I couldn't think of 2 teams I'd love to see go bust more than those two..

Apologise for being off-topic but have to explain the choices.

Leeds, well they had a good Irish link when I was growing up and it's more of a recent one really, ever since they began trying to get promotion. Like I'm not a fan, just want to see them do well. What they did regards money was all wrong.

As for West Ham, like they way they have their acadamy and have a good stream of players in their acadamy playing in their first team.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9436: Jan 07, 2011 04:46:42 pm
      You'd do well to lock it and leave us with the Roy Hodgson Liverpool Manager topic.

Although some might see that as forum bias against the manager

Agreed, I think the day or two for a reasoned post should probably be an hour or two. Apart from him being a nice man there hasn't been any support for 'is he the right man' for a long time now.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011 05:08:38 pm by LFCexiled »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #9437: Jan 07, 2011 05:07:02 pm
      I reckon your forgiven for buying into it mate, you wanted what was best for the club and all that talk of returning to pass and move football and the Liverpool of old hooked a lot of people.

Roy put out a good speal when he got here. We all wanted to believe.

What makes me laugh at Roy the most is his total lack of a brain. All he had to do upon his arrival was implement what he said he was going to do. He didn't even attempt to, that was his ultimate downfall and will be his biggest regret when he is finally gone. Nobody can argue the fact that this job was a step to far, though it must be said, a manager with such a wealth of global experience, regardless of the level of football should have applied himself better than he did.

Football is such a simple game, hold the ball, wait for an opportunity and then pass, if the opportunity doesn't materialise then keep hold of it, give the ball, move into an advantageous position ready to receive the return ball, make decoy runs, pull your opponents out of position, look for the killer pass, if you have the chance to shoot then shoot, if you don't then be patient and circulate. Look to get the ball out wide and stretch your opponents, fire loads of crosses in, defend from the front and work hard.

The ingredients were there, Roy didn't know how to mix them. That is my final post in this thread, how happy i'll be when he has gone. I never thought i'd hear myself say that so soon in a manager's tenure but we are regressing at a drastic rate, the rot has to stop.

Goodbye Roy, you made an easy job extremely difficult. Your lack of respect for 'The Liverpool Way' will be all that you're remembered for and that is such a sad thing to say about any manager at any Club.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #9438: Jan 07, 2011 05:09:37 pm
      Keep the thread open!
      Roy to stay!!!
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #9439: Jan 07, 2011 05:10:15 pm
      Sorry I just went mad for a second there.. ;)
      Im with the rafa-volution guys!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #9440: Jan 07, 2011 05:14:58 pm
      roy inherited a squad which was low on confidence and a team with low on confidence is an uphill task for any.
      , even the so called good managers like Ancelloti are facing a big task with teams low on confidence.look at Chelsea now..

the only mistake that roy is making these days with liverpool is he is being extremely  defensive, which meant that excess pressure falls on the back 4 and with the state of mind that our defenders are going through, we are bound to make mistakes.
      but that was a natural option for roy..

he has been depending on counters and long balls as the only means of attack. he has been with clubs which are not that tactically strong and he has been following his regular standard of tactics for 35years.

and yet, the board hired him, why!
      it was because they just like everyone else wanted a change of approach towards the game, a different management perhaps.

how does the board and the fans expect us to complete in good positions  in the table if the manager is under such extreme pressure and the lack of quality in the squad now only add to the trouble.
      he doesn't have the players to tackle the pressure and show us the good football that we want him to show us.

its the boards mistake at first to appoint roy under such a situation

ROY HAS DEFINTLY GOOD MANAGER SKIKLLS WHICH HE HAS BEEN SHOWING
      WTH THE LOWER CLUBS.

its very wrong of us to rub him off in such fashion.

LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #9441: Jan 07, 2011 05:20:36 pm
      Quote from: archit on Today at 01:34:32 PM
      ROY HAS DEFINTLY GOOD MANAGER SKIKLLS WHICH HE HAS BEEN SHOWING WTH THE LOWER CLUBS.

:lmao: :lmao:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9442: Jan 07, 2011 05:24:43 pm
      Agree with closing it
      Let the Press and Fenway know that it is now well beyond any further discussion or debate.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #9443: Jan 07, 2011 05:27:12 pm
      Why not renaming it ?

"Rants and trolling about Roy Hodgson" or something like that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9444: Jan 07, 2011 05:28:33 pm
      The Roy Hodgson Fishing Thread
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #9445: Jan 07, 2011 05:39:33 pm
      I agree they should have made the decision sooner.  But they didn't, nothing we can do now.

Agree this thread is becoming more a " we all hate Roy" thread
       It's getting a bit sad
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #9446: Jan 07, 2011 05:44:36 pm
      I want Roy to be the father of my child.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #9447: Jan 07, 2011 05:55:02 pm
      it will only mean transfering our anger to other threads at least this way its contained.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #9448: Jan 07, 2011 06:02:31 pm
      The 1976 John West Tuna Chunks Shield with Halmstad

Unlike former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez – the chippy Spaniard who was rightfully driven from Blighty's shores for achieving nothing much of note bar winning some European bauble or other, and having the temerity to pass on the opportunity to share a £2.99 bottle of Jacob's Creek with Salford sommelier Sir Alex Ferguson – his successor Peter Principle has, during his time at Anfield, enjoyed a fairly easy ride from the press.

And so he should have! How many managers have got to two Euro Vase finals, winning neither, like Peter? How many managers can claim to have won the 1976 John West Tuna Chunks Shield with Halmstad, like Peter? And how many elite managers have a LMA Boss of the Year badge proudly sewn on to their lapel, like Peter or Dave Jones or George Burley or Frank Clark or Joe Kinnear? Not many, that's how many!

Anyway, Peter got yet another easy ride from the press today. But this was because his press conference, scheduled for early in the afternoon, was cancelled. Seems the press have suddenly cottoned on to the fact that Mr Principle's CV is merely a deft exercise involving the adroit use of smoke and shiny reflective surfaces, and were planning to deviate from the usual deep probing – "British managers, they're just the best, aren't they?", "What is your favourite colour?" and "Do you want to at least pretend that you hope to win at Old Trafford on Sunday?" – in order to ask Peter about his imminent sacking instead.

To fill the gap, Liverpool are releasing an interview with Peter on in-house channel Stalin TV today, when the answers to the questions put to the under-fire manager are expected to be: "It would be arrogant to presume British bosses are any better than ones from Montserrat, American Samoa or Papua New Guinea"; "Blue, no, hold on, what colour do we play in again? Red. Yes, red"; and "Nah, I'll be happy with a 4-0 defeat, anything so long as Sir Alex isn't cross with me and cracks open the Le Piat D'or."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/07/the-fiver-roy-hodgson-stays-quiet

Had a great laugh at this.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9449: Jan 07, 2011 06:21:19 pm
      Bit of trivia here, but did you know that Roy Hodgson is an anagram for

Go son or dhy

Shocking stuff.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9450: Jan 07, 2011 06:29:05 pm
      Why not just call it
                                      '' Roy's a kunt, why dont you fcuk off now thread ''
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9451: Jan 07, 2011 06:38:01 pm
      Did you also know that Roy Hodgson is an anagram for Horny Goods.

Even more shocking stuff.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #9452: Jan 07, 2011 06:39:38 pm
      Redundant
      Old
      Yid

Quick Reply